Stun Gun Myth Dispelled!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Nov 4, 2009.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I don't remember who did this, though I think I have an idea, but it's such an excellent web page documenting the fallacies of Smit and his recruited Ramsey shill Doberson, I thought I'd post the link for anyone who might have missed it before now.

It's a clear illustration of how far Team Ramsey would go to come up with bogus "evidence" of that old hair-stlying, pineapple toting, on again/off again glove-wearing, hide-and-seek playing intruder.

http://gemart.8m.com/ramsey/stungun.html

2. fr brown

fr brown Member

Maybe I'll post my enhanced picture of the backmarks on this thread. I don't know. It's creepy and it's kooky, mysterious and spooky, altogether ooky.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It was Cutter. I expanded his research and was soundly attacked by Margoo, Slapfish, Smokey & co at the doubleBB who said my work "had many flaws". Try though I did to get them to elaborate, none of them did!

I did my research expecting to find fault with Cutter's, but I only succeeded in supporting his findings to an even greater extent. What really surprised me was how tiny the "pair" of marks were on her back. I constructed a life-size reproduction and we are talking tiny, close together marks.

I got an email from Taser.

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

And???

5. koldkase

Yeah, Jayelles and fr brown! We're not hanging around here for our looks! Spill it!

6. Jayelles

They were just interested in my experiment and asked me to email a copy of it. I'd be pushed to find it now because I've changed computer a couple of times. There will be a backup of it on floppy disk - somewhere! What I did do though is post a detailed account of how I did it and urged others to repeat it. As far as I know, no-one did - even although they claimed it had "many flaws" LOL

7. fr brown

fr brown Member

The odd color is due to the Photoshop edge-finding function used.

When I was working on it, I was zoomed in on the object at the upper right and pretty frustrated with it. I don't think I even intended to save the file. It took me a while after that to fully appreciate that the object at the lower left was pretty darn weird. Does it look like whatever made it in life? Dunno.

If the diagonal between the two objects is a little over an inch, then the objects themselves are in the neighborhood of half an inch. Less.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  8. koldkase

Oh my gosh! I see Patsy's face in the upper right one, fr brown!

Of course, she would say it was the Virgin Mary, I guess....

Jayelles, when it comes to trying to find one of the zillion files I've saved through the years on past generations of floppy discs, I feel your pain! I have some I actually need to hook up an old computer to access. Like I want to deal with the two thousand wires and ports and and and...sigh. :tsktsk:

Interesting that Taser turned to you, isn't it? Do you know what they did with your experiment?

9. fr brown

fr brown Member

Yes, she's in full makeup.

10. Learnin

Learnin Member

"It's a clear illustration of how far Team Ramsey would go to come up with bogus "evidence" of that old hair-stlying, pineapple toting, on again/off again glove-wearing, hide-and-seek playing intruder."

Too funny! You forgot one other adjective. Novel writing.

11. koldkase

Okay, I've been working with some of the bruises, including the large bruise on the face and the double marks, in a photo program. I have some interesting, if maybe useless, results.

For one thing, it has just hit me that the two marks you enhanced, fr brown, are identical in shape and size. In fact, if the impression wasn't a "negative," meaning you applied the negative function to switch black to white, etc., I'd say they're two identical-sized screws. See the "indented" line across the middle?

See, what the bruises represent are the "negative" impressions. Like a negative of a photograph. If there's an indention on the skin, that would be raised area on the surface of whatever caused it, right?

Let's see if I can do an illustration: be right back.

Okay, let's see if this explains it: the first photo is an enlargement of your Photoshop pic, fr brown; the second is a "negative" of that; and the third is an enlargement of the negative.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  12. Jayelles

No idea. They just said thanks and that was it. I'm pretty convinced a stungun wasn't used and for other reasons other than just the measurements because at the end of the day, my little project was only concerned with the Taser which was being touted by Lou Smit. I conceded that this *particular* exercise didn't rule out a different type of machine as it was only concerned with measurements. However, I don't believe one was used at all for the reasons of there only being one "pair" of marks - not enough to support the argument IMO. I also consider Stratbucker a strong expert and Dobersen a weaker one. After all, he famously FAILED to identify stungun marks in that other case where one definitely had been used!

13. koldkase

Interesting, Jayelles. I have now added some comparison photos of fr brown's work in my last post, so if you missed it, you might want to go back and look at those.

But I think I've found a discrepancy, if fr brown's enhancements are as revealing as they appear, why these can't be stun gun marks: they don't align from side to side, with the "inner line," either.

Notice the little "straight" markings in fr brown's enhancement. They line up in the same DIRECTION within the circular bruise, which is why I said it looks like screws, except that whatever caused them would have something "protruding" rather than "indented" at the placement of the lines. Can others see this? So this led me to wonder about the prongs on a stun gun--that seem to fit. But not so fast.

Now notice that the alignment from bruise to bruise is off, if you draw a straight line from one bruise to the other using the straight inner line of the bruise; going straight across to where the other bruise should be, it's LOWER than it would be if aligned with the prongs of the stun gun. The bruises should be side by side traveling in the straight alignment with the inner line, but they're not.

The first photo is an enlargement of fr brown's enhancement; the second, Smit/Doberson's stunned pigskin; the third, the marks on JonBenet, with overlays by Cutter from his webpage; the fourth, a screen capture someone put up from "Blue Arc" Smit's propaganda tour; and the last is a rotation I did from fr brown's photo to demonstrate how the lines inside the bruises stay lined up with each other.

Attached Files:

14. fr brown

fr brown Member

I didn't get a good load of those pix, but I think I know what you're driving at. You're saying the object is a screw lying on its side with the screw head on the left? Could be. There is some kind of humpy business going on in the middle, though.

I agree that both marks are made by the same object or the same kind of object.

15. fr brown

fr brown Member

Or maybe you're saying that we're looking down at a screw head. The picture I uploaded isn't at very high resolution. If it were you'd see that, to use a screw as a reference, the screw head would be at the left of the screw lying on its side, but there's a hump in the middle. It looks more like a cord lock lying on its side.

Of course the original web autopsy photo isn't very good quality either. But I'll upload a better version of mine later. I think you're allowed more pixels/inch for attachments than avatars.

16. fr brown

fr brown Member

I'm going to see if I can upload a shot of just the lower back mark and environs with better detail....Yep, that's better. You may notice that there's what looks like a little hasp or something to the right of whatever-it-is. I don't know what to say about it; it might just be a random creation of the conjunction of jpeg and Photoshop. I can't see anything there in the autopsy photo.

Attached Files:

17. koldkase

Honest, fr brown, what I meant was something like this, only not on it's side, but literally head on, causing the rest of the bruise from the impact, not from direct contact:

[​IMG]

I tried and tried to duplicate your photo, though, using the best online autopsy photo I could find with an Irfanview free program. I'm sure that's very diffferent from what you're using, but I couldn't even get close to what you have. I'm not that good with this kind of thing, though, so that's no surprise.

Here were some of the "enhanced" photos I came up with: useless and badly done, I know....

Attached Files:

18. fr brown

fr brown Member

I used a version of Photoshop CS under a student license, but it was a version that lost its history when you closed the file. I didn't know anything "good" was happening with it or I would have taken notes about what I did. I was zoomed in on part of the object at the upper right and unhappy with it because I was hoping to get something like I got with the cheek mark. When that didn't happen I just started exploring Photoshop functions.

I know that I applied a Gaussian blur and I know that I used "Filters/Stylize/Find Edges." I'm sure I used a sharpening function or two and I probably messed around with the lighting.

When I've tried to recreate this picture, I can't do it either. I published it here with hesitation.

I was able to give BPD a general idea of what I did. I remembered more about it then than now. I could tell BPD exactly how I got the cheek mark photo. I used to generate that anew every once-in-a-while.

PS. By looking at old email I see that I actually used Photoshop Elements and "Filters/Brush Stroke/Edge Accent" before "Find Edges."

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

What is puzzling is that these marks were made while she was alive. I am wondering if she may have been pressed against something that was jutting out. Hard to tell from the photo, but the area on the lateral aspect of her back (with lateral meaning "side") -is this an area that would come into contact with anything? Or is it in an area that would not? What I am trying to say is imagine the sole of a normal foot (with no fallen arches - aka flat feet). If you stand on a flat surface, there is a part of your sole (the inner side aspect) that will not touch anything. This can be noticed in a footprint. The arch of a back is the same. If she was simply lying down, maybe that part of her back wouldn't touch. But if she was being held down, it would. If her face was turned to that side, her cheek would press down onto something. I'd have scoured that house to see what could have made those marks. But we know how quickly LE turned the house back over to the family.

20. koldkase

Interesting, fr brown. What I used had limited applications that would be useful, as you can see. I worked with it for hours and finally just accepted that the best I could do was get a better idea of the shape of the different levels of bruising and whatever object caused that. It's too vague to mean anything without something to match it to, obviously.

But thanks so much for sharing your photos with us. Like you, I think with better resolution photos, more can be done to get a better imprint. I'm hopeful that the BPD gave someone with some actual training and good equipment a shot at this long ago. Mark Beckner implied they did in an interview, when he tried to debunk the endless "stun gun" mythology Smit and his fellow Ramsey shills hawk to the ignorant. (Good luck with that, Beckner!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice