Sad to Report the Passing of Delmar England

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I will miss our dear Delmar. There was no one that came close to his intelligence and perseverance.

It's hard to imagine a discussion about JonBenet without Delmar.

Until we meet again sweet Delmar we will continue to fight for what you wanted, Justice for JonBenet.

Tricia

2. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with everything you have said in your post above Tricia, about Delmar England, he was one very special intelligent man, although many others couldn't accept his thoughts relating to the JonBenét case. He was very much his own person when it came to his beliefs, he stuck by them. He was a very nice man away from the boards, and his stories of living on a farm in Kentucky were interesting. This is where he became a pro relating to tying knots. One look at the garrote in the JonBenét case told him it was a fake. I first met Delmar on CrimeNews 2000.com in 2000.

I'm so glad I talked to you on the phone Delmar and heard your Kentucky accent. I loved it! I shall miss you, Delmar. Love, Elle :rose:

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Their loss if they couldn't accept him Elle.

4. heymom

heymom Member

Wow, that's sad. Do you know how he died? I thought he was a younger man.

5. Little

Little Member

Thank you posting this Tricia.

I agree Elle - his greeting was delightful and he never ever failed to ask about others, never dwelled on his troubles. He accepted what life dealt to him and certainly was his own man, never passed the buck and never asked for anything in return. I miss talking to him and I miss seeing his name in my inbox - I just plain miss him.

6. Karen

Karen Member

I was a Delmar Fan...and I still am. My condolences to his family and to all who knew and loved him. :heart:

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I never knew Delmar, but like many here, I knew OF him. I respect and admire anyone who champions the victimized, especially children.
    I like to think Delmar was met by his friend, JonBenet, with a warm welcome and a thank you for all he had tried to do. The afterlife knows no gender, age, race or creed- we are all "brothers" there.

So Delmar....now that you KNOW....

Are we on the right track?

8. Karen

Karen Member

Hehe. You said what I wanted to say about the knowing. Maybe somehow he'll let us know.

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

Many thanks from me too for posting this, Tricia.
    Little - I too just plain miss Delmar, feeling bereaved of a highly respected mentor and friend. My heart goes out to his family in these days of grief.

I first got acquanted with the work of this aweome JBR case researcher (info for case newbies: Delmar England posted as 'EasyWriter' here at FFJ) when reading your book Journey Beyond Reason, which contains his garrote analyis, analysis of the ransom note and letter to Mary Keenan.
    I read through it all, standing in awe of his ability to unmask the Ramsey scene as staged. The knowledge of knots and ropes he had acquired during his farm work made him instantly realize that the knots tied on JonBenet were clumsy and amateurish, not "sophisticated" at all, a conclusion at which (and this is what IDIs prefer to close their eyes to!) LE's own knot expert arrived as well. Delmar also identified the "handle" as a mere stage prop.
    In his equally excellent ransom note analysis, he explained why the author of the ransom note wrote it that way, and suddenly all which sounded so confusing in the note made 'sense' when seen from the perspective of the writer's (Patsy Ramsey's) mind.

Delmar England offered forum participants the possibility to ask him questions per email as well, and around 2006, about one year after I had started studying the JBR case, I decided to gave it a try, asking him some questions about the evidence. I got a detailed reply back, which was compelling in its consistency.
    This was the start of a correspondence which would later comprise philosophy, natural science, politics and religion.
    I was impressed by the amount of substantial knowledge he had acquired in so many different fields.

Delmar England was a 'radical' thinker in the truest sense of the word, radical coming form Latin radix (root), for he could instantly identify the root of an issue.
    His outstanding intellect, coupled with the ability to put in clear words concepts and ideas, made him an excellent mentor. I have even been able to apply several of his thinking principles in my work as a teacher.
    Delmar corresponded with people in several parts of the world, and I'm convinced that his ideas and ideals have had an impact on all those who have come to realize their relevance, and that they too, in some form or other, will pass on his legacy.

Together with the feeling of grief about having lost a friend and mentor to whom I owe so much, there is also the feeling of gratitude about having had the chance to become acquainted at all with the ideas of this committed truth seeker who Delmar England was.

The fight for justice in the Ramsey case goes on. There exist a certain number of criminal cases which will never come to rest in the public's eye, and the JBR case is one of these.
    Delmar England's groundbreaking case work will endure. Like he used to say, truth is consistent and contradiction-free. Truth remains truth despite the efforts of those who want to keep it hidden.
    Tricia Griffith's speaking up for JonBenet will endure as well. Her commitment to justice, and the efforts of the many of you who have researched the JBR case from its earliest days, will shine on like beacons of light. Everything I know about this case I have learned from you all.
    Thank you all so much.

For case newbies:
    Link to Delmar England's analysis of the ransom note, the "garrote" and suspect behavior: http://www.acandyrose.com/delmarengland.htm
    Delmar's 2003 letter to Mary Keenan (now Lacy): http://www.acandyrose.com/05202003keenanletter.htm
    At FFJ, there are also several threads he started (poster name EasyWriter) which contain further discussions.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  10. Elle

Elle Member

This is an excellent post, rashomon, and it's nice to see Peggy Lakin (aka Little - her lovable cat) the author of " The Journey Beyond Reason" receiving some credit for having the courage to write this book and include Tricia Griffith's and Delmar England's excellent work relating to the JonBenét Ramsey case.

Knowing you live in Germany, you have a good command of the English language, and I thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and feelings for our friend Delmar.

Please feel free, Little, to change any of the above due to the "fun and games" one has when copying
    text. Moab very kindly explained how this could happen, and so did you some time back when I wondered why some letters had vanished. Of course posting anything with a$$ in it brings up :(:(:(
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  11. Elle

Elle Member

I did delete those two pages, Little. Sorry about this. I might try it again tomorrow. Quite a few letters in some of the words were also missing and I fixed them. Not having much luck here today. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  12. Little

Little Member

Here ya go Elle:

Quote "5

The Challengers - Tricia Griffith

and Delmar England

Tricia Griffith begins an internet petition

Delmar England’s Garrote Analysis,

Ransom Note Analysis and

Letter to DA Mary Keenan

Tricia Griffith and Delmar England are two examples of how the internet can bring some real energy and good old American know-how in to meet and accept a challenge. But what if you were a person who took a challenge seriously – as seriously as one would take trying answer the invitation to help solve the apparent murder of a six-year-old child? Well, if you are Tricia Griffith and Delmar England you step up to the plate and become pro-active. This next chapter will delve into the efforts of these two justice seekers. As far as I know the don’t wear capes or drive anything resembling the Bat Mobile (however I have it on good authority that Tricia is a 5:8 blonde 115 pounds).

Tricia created her web site Forums For Justice just for the purpose of trying to bring some justice so victims of crime. Through her petition efforts to ask Colorado Governor Bill Owens to appoint a special prosecutor to the investigate the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. She has created a bit of a stir in that direction.

Too bad perseverance isn’t an Olympic event. Delmar England through his analysis and letter writing campaigns has received only one form letter from a network. The up side of this is that the letters sent to DA Keenan’s office which were sent by certified mail are now on the record.

The first challenge was made by Mr. Delmar England. Through real life experience England observed what he knew to be some flaws in the Ramey’s defenders claim that the garrote/ligature was professionally constructed.

England then went on to write a second analysis of the garrote, an analysis of the ransom note, a letter to DA Keenan followed by a second letter. Mr. England has, as he has previously stated, seeks to gain nothing personally as a result of these various analyses and letters. He observed what he saw as a flaw and a miscarriage of justice and therefore felt compelled to do what he thought would be of possible assistance to the Boulder Authorities.

England met with some, well, let’s just term it rather hateful and ill-informed resistance to his offer. Someone had noticed and for whatever reasons felt the need to make it personal in nature. The “keeper†of a pro-Ramsey web site (and apparently someone who had personal contact with The Ramseys, their attorney and their investigator) began an attack of England’s integrity.

I’ll not include those attacks in this book, however if you wish to read them for yourself they are included at ACandyRose’s web site. England has not tried in any way to hide these attacks. As a matter of fact he takes them on point by point.

Neither England or Griffith were willing to sit idly by and simply do nothing." End Quote

I'm not trying to promote my book but I do have a few copies left if anyone is interested - free of charge of course.

Little

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, thank you, Little. When things go wrong for me I keep at it until I get it right, and my shoulderes were sore. [​IMG] It seems I should have straightened out the paragraphs. Did you find any letters missing in some of the text?

How nice of you to offer a few free books to those who are truly interested in this case.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Post #10 looks as if Moab may have corrected the text, Little. So sorry! I missed this and caused you extra work. I don't know if it's my computer. My end result displayed an inch between each line. [​IMG]

Time I found something else to do (?). Force of habit dropping in here. although it is a lot quieter these days.

Thank you, Moab! :rose:

15. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

You are very welcome!
    :aprop:

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Though we haven't heard from Delmar in quite a while, I still consider his death as a great loss - both personally and to the JBR case. No, I didn't know him personally, but his posts were informative and highly intelligent, and he added greatly to my own personal knowledge and beliefs about the case. He was so far above the intelligence of most of the major participants in the case, and they resented him for that, I believe.

RIP, Delmar. You added to my life with your superior insights and thoughtful posts.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

So sorry to learn this. :cand:

18. rashomon

rashomon Member

I will keep directing case newbies to the work of this awesome case researcher.
    A few days ago on the Topix JBR board, I posted a link to Delmar's compelling ransom note analyis for the few serious case researchers over there, in case they are not yet familiar with his work.
    Hoping of course that those serious case researchers might also consider joining FFJ, as e. g. Topix posters like Learning, FJ Brown and TheWhiteWitch have done.
    It's great have them here, joining us in speaking up about the facts in this case, as Delmar had always done. He would have wanted us to do just that: carry on the torch of truth.

19. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

What WY said. Delmar was far above us all in intelligence, yet he stated his case in such a way even I could understand him.

20. Tez

Tez Member

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've been so busy with my MIL's passing from liver cancer that I haven't been around much.

I really enjoyed reading Delmar's posts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice