Burke Ramsey graduates from Purdue - May 2010

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, May 4, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Burke will graduate from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana the weekend of May 14-16, 2010. Before Burke locked his Twitter account, he publicaly posted the following comments in his Tweets and talked about what he might want to do after graduation.

On Oct 16, 2009, Burke wrote to a friend in Atlanta:

"i might be down there for spring break or something...and im like 90% sure ill be moving there after i graduate in may"

On February 3, 2010, Burke wrote:

"career fair time! my top 3 companies: @MITREcorp (aviation systems developent), @ClarityCon, and Gulfstream aerospace"

and

"poking around the internet for jobs in traverse city....moving back to michigan sounds nice!"

It will be interesting to see where Burke ends up and what kind of job he gets after graduation.

Below is a recent photo of Burke taken in Hawaii this past December when he and his dad went there for the Christmas holidays. Burke publicly posted this photo for all to see using his Twitter account. It is still available on the web.

Attached Files:

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thank you for that update!

He has a Facebook page, too. There is one photo of him skateboarding. His info is private (don't blame him at all for this), but he has over 1,000 friends.
    Alas, I have only 47 friends.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Wow, he looks alot like Patsy. He sure is a pretty boy ~ young man I guess I should say. My, my, how time flies!

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I have like eight, and two of those are my younguns.

5. Karen

Karen Member

Patsys eyes, Johns nose. No doubt about his parentage. Thanks for the update.

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks,

It is interesting to see him all grown up. I wish him success in life but I just can't give him a complete, 100%, no doubts about it, pass. It looks like he is interested in aeronauticts. (sp)

7. Cherokee

According to what Burke wrote on his Twitter page, I believe he's getting a degree in computer science or something similiar. He has mentioned loving to fly like his dad. Burke still loves skateboarding, and he enjoyed the Skate Park in Denver this past Spring Break while in Colorado, even posting a photo of it on his Twitter page. He's also developed another hobby of being a DJ and doing "mashups" of songs with turntables and electronic equipment.

It will be interesting to see what he does with his life.

8. Cherokee

A lot of college-age kids have hundreds or even over a thousand "friends." They include everyone they ever knew in high school and college - it's more like acquaintances than friends. And everyone that age HAS a FB page as opposed to those of us who grew up without the internet. :)

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Interesting point- I have a FB page and belong to a few groups involving my hometown. Yet, there are very few people from my high school/college class there. I am 61, and most people posting are at least 10 years younger than that. It's because most people over 60 either don't use the Internet or don't join social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace.

10. Cherokee

Exactly, but you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE under the age of 25, or even 30, who doesn't have a Facebook page. It's just part of their generational world.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I think he's a "cross between" Patsy and John.

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Wow...he looks so different as a young man.

Hope he has job connections through his father...very hard for young graduates to find a job that pays enough. Many kids have to move back to mom and dad's until they get the loans paid off and find a decent paying job with benefits...or end up sharing an apartment or house with other young grads.

I'm guessing Burke doesn't have student loans.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

You never know. JR was said to be financially ruined, following the closing of his company Access Graphics, and the legal bills for his and Patsy's defense. Yet, he still maintains a private plane, so he may have more money than people think. I believe he still has a house in Charlevoix, don't know if it is the same house he had in 1996. He attempted a failed run for a Senate seat while living in Charlevoix. This may have been before Patsy died. I have seen addresses of both Atlanta, Georgia and Charlevoix, MI, for BR.

14. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Patsy helped John with his political attempt and her cancer came back a few years later.

You are correct....John's crying poverty and affording a private plane leave me scratching my head. Then again John and Patsy's attempts at charity, Jonbenet Ramsey Foundation and SHOES only benefited the Ramseys or the Ramseys kids school or summer camp...maybe John has another charity we don't know about? One that helps him keep a private plane?

15. Karen

Karen Member

Burkes interest in airplanes has to have originated from JR as he has the same interest. Children are so impressionable.If he studied computer science that just falls into the same catagory as it all reaates.
    Patsys cancer came back DURING the campain. Remember the letter she sent out imploring friends to help JR since she was down while taking her chemo treatments?
    LE wasted no time in contacting Burke after gratuation since he gratuated in May. I think they did wait until he graduated instead of when he was 18. I'm sure they tried but I'll bet JR put them off until now. (More special treatment for the Ramseys.) Although it makes me wonder about any new evidence they wanted to talk with him about.(After all that did come from Schiller.)
    Didn't I read somewhere that someone who was friends with Burke told someone that he didn't remember anything about that night. (Grapevine I guess.)I'll bet that is what he told, or is going to tell LE when they talk.
    I do believe he will speak with LE since I don't think he will have anything of value to tell them. I think even at this late date the Ramseys still want to look like they are co-operating with LE and since Burke will say he has nothing to add it won't hurt anything.
    I wonder if Burke has a job yet in this economy?

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

BR doesn't have to worry about a job. His father will give him one or get him one. As far as him talking to LE, I doubt it. I doubt his lawyer LW will allow it. IF he does, it would be for the reason you suggested-to appear to be cooperating. Because of his age at the time, nothing he says in relation to the crime can be made public anyway.

17. Karen

Karen Member

I know you've been consistant in saying you don't think Burke will talk to LE and I do see why you say that. But at this point I think he actually will get a job. Talking to LE would be no sweat for him since I doubt it would be any sort of game changer in this case since he can always just say he "doesn't remember." I am one who thinks he will remain loyal to his family whether or not he has damning information. As far as a job goes I would think he would want to get one since young people his age strive to get away from parents and make thier own mark on the world. He seems to be totally into airplanes and I could see him wanting to get a job in that field so he can do what he loves. He's old enough to have matured out of College dorm room partying and I would assume he would want to apply the knowlege he's aquired from school. It would be "fun" to him. But of course, I could be very wrong and he could choose to live off of Daddy, although I don't think JR is the wealthy parent that kids that do that have.

Just as an aside, DeeDee, my sisters name is DeeDee (we are only 13 months apart) and when KK put us in the corner in that other post I had to laugh because it reminded me of when I was young and my sister and I got in trouble and we both got punished.:rolling:

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Were we put in a corner? Didn't see that.
    I wasn't suggesting BR didn't WANT a job or wasn't going to get one. I meant he didn't have to worry about finding one because he could depend on his dad, NOT to support him (though he could) but to get him a job.
    JR is still a rich man. He just signed a lucrative contract.

19. Karen

Karen Member

I didn't know that about JR! Who did he sign a contract with? The last I read he was working for some motivational speaking organization, (as well as Beth Holloway) and he was travling around to speaking engagements.

20. Cherokee

JR didn't really work for the motivational speaking organization as in getting a regular paycheck. He was listed with a speaker's group that acted like his contact agent. A person wanting a "motivational" or "inspirational" might peruse the agent's web site and choose someone that matched their needs. Beth Holloway was listed with the same agency. Usually the way it works is that the speaker pays a nominal fee to be listed, and then the agency gets a certain percentage cut of the speaking fee.

John hasn't had very many speaking engagements through the years, so he can't have made much money that way. It certainly wouldn't be enough to keep him in the lifestyle to which he had become accustomed. It's no wonder John sold his boat and the house he flipped in Charlevoix, has tried to sell his beloved plane, and then moved to lived with friends in Little Rock, AR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice