Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What a tragedy.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Yes, very sad indeed. Why is his name different from his Dad's?

Could he be a stepson instead of biological son?

This is sad.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I think the article would have mentioned it if he were a stepson. I see that Hunter is used as a middle name, so maybe he took the name of his stepfather if his mother remarried.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    Heartbreaking - no one should ever have to endure the loss of a child.
    My thoughts exactly Little!

My sympathy to the Hunter family.

Terrible. Boulder is a very permissive city when it comes to drugs, as we saw with Alex Midyette, and many other examples like the 420 celebration on campus.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

I don't know if this answers some questions about Hunter's son using a strange combo of last names, but....

JOHN "Hawkis" HUNTER-HAUCK | Visit Guest Book
    John Hunter-Hauck "Hawkis," 20, of Boulder, died May 3, 2010, in Fort Collins, CO. John was born on June 20, 1989, in Denver to Alex Hunter Jr. and Margie Hauck. He graduated from Fairview High School in 2008 and was a sophomore at CSU. He had worked as a Surf Instructor on Maui, Hawaii. His hobbies included snowboarding, scuba diving and he was learning to play golf with his father and brother, Kip. He loved all creatures large and small, and especially his family. Hawkis was adored by his family and friends as an ever smiling, always happy and totally supportive and compassionate pal. He will be missed beyond words and his memory will be honored forever. Survivors: Parents, Alex Hunter and Margie Hauck of Boulder; two brothers, Kip and wife Colleen Vistara of Boulder and Lindsey Hunter of Phoenix, AZ; two sisters, Brittney Hauck-Hunter and Carrie Frannsen, both of Boulder. A Celebration of John's precious but too short life will be held at 1:00 p.m. on May 15, 2010 at the Byron R. White Stadium Club on the club level at the east stadium at Folsom Field, 2085 Colorado Ave, Boulder, CO 80309. Memorial Contributions may be made to the John Hunter-Hauck Vision of Hope Foundation to help fund visionary programs in alcohol drug education for the young; tax deductable checks should be made out to the foundation and mailed c/o Kip Hunter, 840 Pearl St., Loft D, Boulder, CO, 80302. Published in Denver Post on May 9, 2010

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

No stepfather is mentioned, and there seems to be a sibling with the last names reversed (Hauck-Hunter vs Hunter-Hauck)

Maybe the parents were not married, or if the mom remarried she is widowed.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Default How completely devastating....

May 17, 2010 6:16 pm US/Mountain

Coroner: Alcohol, Drugs Led To CSU Student's Death

Reporting Mike Hooker FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) ― Police Investigate CSU Student's Death
    (5/6/2010)
    Mixing Alcohol & Drugs Deadly Reminder At CSU
    (5/7/2010)

The Larimer County coroner has released new information about the combination of alcohol and drugs that apparently led to the death of a student at Colorado State University.

John Hunter-Hauck was a 20-year-old student at CSU. He was the son of the former district attorney in Boulder, Alex Hunter. It was at an off-campus house where Hunter-Hauck never woke up after a night of partying two weeks ago.

Coroner's investigator Greg Fairman said preliminary blood tests show that Hunter-Hauck's blood alcohol level was .212, the limit for drunk driving is .08. He also tested positive for opiates, including oxycodone, which like alcohol depresses the body and together the two can kill by making a person simply stop breathing.

Fairman also said witnesses say Hunter-Hauck obtained the prescription drug oxycodone from his parents' house in Boulder earlier in the day on May 2 before returning to Fort Collins to party with friends. Witnesses also told investigators that Hunter-Hauck had snorted the powder from a crushed oxycodone pill.

Oxycodone is a time-release drug, but when crushed the time release doesn't work -- the user gets it all at once, which makes it that much more dangerous.

Fairman said Hunter-Hauck's death is a tragic example of the danger of mixing alcohol with prescription drugs.

The coroner's office still hasn't ruled on the actual cause of death -- that could take a couple more weeks because investigators still have to get the final, more detailed, results back from the blood tests.

Fort Collins police said they are still investigating whether there should be any criminal charges filed.
    http://cbs4denver.com/news/csu.stude...2.1699526.html

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

"Fairman also said witnesses say Hunter-Hauck obtained the prescription drug oxycodone from his parents' house in Boulder earlier in the day on May 2 before returning to Fort Collins to party with friends."

I'm surprised that AH is still in Boulder...this sad news is the first I've heard anything about Alex in eons. Does anyone know if this is the last report issued?
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    "Fairman also said witnesses say Hunter-Hauck obtained the prescription drug oxycodone from his parents' house in Boulder earlier in the day on May 2 before returning to Fort Collins to party with friends."

I'm surprised that AH is still in Boulder...this sad news is the first I've heard anything about Alex in eons. Does anyone know if this is the last report issued?
    This is the standard news item I found about the latest reported autopsy results. As far as I could tell, people in Boulder and its media were very guarded with their reports and responses. But I've not spent much time actually looking, just wondered if they'd ever determined COD and this was the best I could find.

I understand the reservations. Whatever I think about Hunter, in the end, it's just sad a young man died this way.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Absolutely, KoldKase. Thanks for the update on this tragedy...

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    I think he was married to her, because at the time of JB's death Hunter had two young children with his fourth wife. So, I'm guessing John was one of those and there was another. I don't know if they are still married, divorced, or what....
    "John Hunter-Hauck was born to Alex Hunter and his wife, Margie Hauck, on June 20, 1989."

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_1504...#axzz10qeJIYEz