Son of former Boulder DA, Alex Hunter, dies of apparent overdose

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, May 6, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_15027602?source=most_emailed#axzz0nA5ndC7h

Son of former Boulder County DA dies of apparent overdose

Alex Hunter was Boulder County's top prosecutor during initial Ramsey investigation

By Erica Meltzer Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 05/05/2010 10:27:46 PM MDT

The son of former Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter, who was in office during the initial investigation into the death of JonBenet Ramsey, has died of an apparent overdose, the Fort Collins Coloradoan reported.

John Hunter Hauck, 20, was a Colorado State University sophomore. He was found by his roommates around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in an off-campus home in northwest Fort Collins, the Larimer County Coroner's Office said.

According to the Coloradoan, the coroner's office said Hauck appears to have died from an overdose after consuming alcohol, marijuana and possibly prescription drugs.

The death is not considered suspicious, but the coroner's office is waiting for toxicology results before determining the official cause of death.

Hunter was Boulder County district attorney for 28 years and was beginning his last term in office when Ramsey was killed on Dec. 26, 1996.

2. Tez

Tez Member

You beat me to it, Chero, I was just getting ready to post this.

Very sad.

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Yes, very sad indeed. Why is his name different from his Dad's?

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I don't know, Zoomama. I noticed that, too. Maybe Hunter wasn't married to Hauck's mother?"

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Chit.

6. Tez

Tez Member

I think he was married to her, because at the time of JB's death Hunter had two young children with his fourth wife. So, I'm guessing John was one of those and there was another. I don't know if they are still married, divorced, or what....

7. Little

Little Member

Heartbreaking - no one should ever have to endure the loss of a child.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Any death of a young person is sad. The fact that it is an overdose is sadder still. To me, this is indicative of the permissive atmosphere in Boulder and the permissive attitude this young man probably got from his father.

Please don't judge me too harshly for saying this, because I am truly sad to see a young life end, but as for Hunter- what goes around comes around. He did a lot of damage to JB's case, knowingly and with malice. He was a moral coward, and this cowardice probably played a part in his parenting skills.
    Many children of LE feel they can get way with anything. And often do. But look where it leads. Hunter is a former DA. He had to be aware his son was using drugs, and he may not have seen this as a problem.

9. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with what you're saying here, DeeDee. It is devastating to lose a son at such a young age. I think you explained it throroughly about Alex Hunter's parenting.

10. Karen

Karen Member

RIP John.:no:

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

This is very sad.

Condolences to all who loved him.

Condolences to Alex.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

12. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Sad. My sympathies to Hunter and his family.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

What a tragedy.

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Could he be a stepson instead of biological son?

This is sad.

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think the article would have mentioned it if he were a stepson. I see that Hunter is used as a middle name, so maybe he took the name of his stepfather if his mother remarried.

16. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

My thoughts exactly Little!

My sympathy to the Hunter family.

17. heymom

heymom Member

Terrible. Boulder is a very permissive city when it comes to drugs, as we saw with Alex Midyette, and many other examples like the 420 celebration on campus.

18. koldkase

I don't know if this answers some questions about Hunter's son using a strange combo of last names, but....

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

No stepfather is mentioned, and there seems to be a sibling with the last names reversed (Hauck-Hunter vs Hunter-Hauck)

Maybe the parents were not married, or if the mom remarried she is widowed.

20. koldkase

How completely devastating....

http://cbs4denver.com/news/csu.student.john.2.1699526.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice