Mary Lacy didn't discriminate - she loved all forms of low life

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 16, 2010.

1. Little

Little Member

I guess the only relevance to JonBenet here is the ever-incompetent Mary Lacy.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Mary Lacy never met a killer she didn't want to exonerate, hugs included, apparently.

But here's yet another of those strange name-connections that is a complete coincidence only, of which there are so many in the Ramsey case it's mind-boggling. The victim in this case, Cox, has a "brother" with a different last name, and look at what it is: "Cox' brother, Bobby Ramsey, said the arrest was a long time coming."

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Freaky!

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks for bringing this here Little. Who was the DA before Hunter? Just how long has the DA's office not cared about justice?

5. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I wonder

I wonder what their excuse is for not prosecuting this case in a timely manner? If it was a member of their family I'm sure they would have been knocking down doors to get that man in jail. I'm sure Ms. Harmer didn't just dump the folder in their laps and forget the case. I'm just wondering what excuse they gave her when she called back and asked when they would sign the arrest warrant.

Ms Lacy was probably too busy with the Duke LaCrosse case to bother with someone who murdered a person and was running around free to murder someone else if they wanted to. :banghead:

6. Elle

Elle Member

Who will always be remembered for exonerating the Ramseys, Little!

7. Little

Little Member

Yep, quite a claim to fame isn't it?

Moab wrote:
    I honestly don't know Maob. I sure wish I could post a case that a wonderfully courageous young woman was involved in in Boulder. I posted a story and she responded because she had been on line doing a search of her attacker's name. The forum I posted the story on came up. Seems mr. sleezy had gone to law school and threatened the forum with a law suit if I didn't take the story down. Believe me, it went against everything in me but I didn't own the forum so away it went. I fortunately had paid for another story out of the newspaper's archives before he somehow got them to remove access.

At any rate, the deputy district attorney in that case tried his best to get this slimy bastid convicted. Unfortunately the judge in the case ruled against what would have given the jury what they said after the trial, would have brought about a conviction.

I will post what her father said:
    I guess the day of judgment just won't be on earth.

8. Little

Little Member

Mary Lacy, defense attorney now??

Right up Mary's alley! (Is this THE Mary Lacy?)

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

My guess is yes!

10. Little

Little Member

Boulder DA Mary Lacy Now in Criminal Defense

Hasn't she always been a criminal's best friend?

11. Thor

Thor Active Member

You are so right Little. She protected the criminals better than any other DA could have done.

12. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Ha! Remember how stupid we all were a few years ago when Hunter left office, thinking anyone would do better than he did? Little did we know that Lacey would make Hunter look like Einstein.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

After all, Lacy was Hunter's assistant DA (under Keenan, her maiden name) so why expect anything different?

14. Little

Little Member

Excellent question BobC. We may have had a hint when she and DeMuth were locked and loaded to get Santa, or at least Lacey was. I forget right at the moment whether that was DeMuth's favorite.

Seems we were all a bit naive thinking no one could be worse than Hunter :shamed:

15. Tez

Tez Member

IIRC, Santa McReynolds was also a favorite of DeMuth.

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Anybody but the three people in a locked home with a dead six year old!

Looking back on things--the fix was in from minute one.

Hey guys--has anyone heard from Shadow? He left a post saying he was sick, and I PM'ed him, but he never responded. I'm a little worried...

17. Little

Little Member

Update - Trujillo is a free man (for now)

Another Boulder cold case dropped: Murder suspect David Trujillo freed
    By Vanessa Miller, Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 08/05/2010 10:53:56 AM MDT

Pushing his walker slowly beside his mother, David John Trujillo walked out of a Boulder County courtroom Thursday a free man after a judge ruled that there was not enough evidence to try him in the 1994 beating death of David Eugene "Gene" Cox, 55, of Boulder.

"It's a relief," said Trujillo, 42, who moments earlier had faced a second-degree murder charge.

Trujillo is the second person in less than a month who was arrested by Boulder County authorities based on DNA in a cold case and then freed when a judge found insufficient evidence for a jury trial. John Michael Angerer was freed July 12 after Boulder County Judge Thomas Reed determined there was not enough evidence to try him in connection with Angela Wilds' death four years ago.

On Thursday, Boulder County Judge Noel Blum said prosecutors showed that Trujillo can't be excluded as a match to one of the DNA samples pulled from a cast-iron kettle believed to be the murder weapon, and they showed he was at the crime scene around the time Cox was last seen alive.

But Blum said Trujillo is ruled out as being a contributor to other DNA samples pulled from the kettle, and test results show that an unknown person's DNA was on the suspected murder weapon. Trujillo has repeatedly denied killing Cox.

Blum said the "possibilities and speculation don't rise to probable cause."

"The inferences raised by testimony to the court in total do nothing more than to place the defendant in the victim's home and having some contact of some sort with the tea kettle," he said. "But we also know that a third person was there and had contact with the murder weapon as well."

'Justice is done'

After the judge's ruling, Cox's granddaughter started sobbing in the courtroom. Trujillo leaned over to his attorney to find out what it meant, and when he and his mother, Sylvia Osborne, realized the charges had been dropped andTrujillo was free to leave, she also started weeping.

jump

Boulder police reopened the Cox case in 2004 and found fingerprint and DNA evidence that linked Trujillo to the crime. Armed with new evidence, a Boulder police investigator in March 2005 said she expected to arrest Trujillo on a murder charge and was waiting on the District Attorney's Office -- then headed by Mary Lacy -- to sign an arrest warrant.

But that didn't happen until Stan Garnett became district attorney last year and agreed to take another look at it.

Thursday, after Trujillo's charges were dismissed and he was freed, Garnett said he stands by his office's decision to arrest both Trujillo and Angerer and doesn't think his office is being too aggressive in pursuing charges in cold cases.

jump

Lacy, who was district attorney from 2001 to 2009 and is now in private practice, said district attorneys can disagree about how to proceed with cases.

"But I felt there was not sufficient evidence to prove the case when I reviewed it," she said.

Read entire story here:
    http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_15683279

18. Elle

Elle Member

Oh good grief will someone out there hurry up and find a better way to prosecute the real killers,Little? It really makes one lose faith in the "justice system." What a waste of time and money!

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

i don't know how those judges sleep at night. ML, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice