Movie "Nick Of Time" and the Ramsey case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

So, I was reading PMPT again last evening. It stated that the movie, NICK OF TIME, was playing on Boulder cable the evening of the murder. It stated that the movie started at 7:30pm. A certain gentleman, a guest at the Whites, stated he watched the movie that night at the Whites.
    This movie includes a political faction which kidnaps a six year old girl and warns her to, "listen to me very carefully!"
    I'm sure this has been discussed, at length, by many of you but I'm interested in hearing some of your thoughts on this. It seems as if the murderer watched this movie, or at least some of it, that very evening. The ransom note seems to be based partially on this movie.
    If this be true, and I believe it is, does this not mean that the assault was not a well thought out plan? Isn't the most likely explanation that the perp was making things up on the run?
    Since the White's guest mentioned this movie, and the obvious connection to the ransom note, do we know if the Ramseys watched this movie as it was playing at the Whites?

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

The movie was not over until 9 o'clock (and did not air specifically on Boulder cable, but on the national network Cinemax), so if the plan was inspired by Nick Of Time, would not Fleet or Priscilla have noticed their guest bolted from the house at approximately the same time the Ramseys did?

And further, if the movie served as inspiration, why are there no elements from it present in the Ramsey case? In Nick Of Time, the daughter was kidnapped along with her father, they both were put in the same car while the kidnappers told the father what he was going to do to save his daughter's life. The "I need you to listen to me. Carefully." dialogue was said by the father himself to the governor, not by the kidnappers.

About that "listen carefully" -- many movies contain that phrase. Why not consider it as having come from the Danny Kaye comedy The Court Jester? Why not from Apocalypse Now? Why not from the great, great, great movie Network? Why not from the cartoon movie Watership Down? All of them contain the same phrase.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Nice to see you back, WN! The only connection I can make with this movie having been shown is the fact this statement was fresh in Patsy Ramsey's head as she composed the ransom note. It probably flashed into her head as she was writing it.

4. Learnin

Learnin Member

I'm not insinuating that the White's guest committed the crime. It was the White's guest that made the connection between the movie and the ransom note and stated he watched the movie that night. I don't believe he would draw suspicion to himself.

Here's what I'm getting at. If this crime was not planned and happened on the spur of a moment (e.g., a fit of rage being covered up, etc.), the perp, in the staging and writing of the ransom note, might have (unconsciously or consciously) picked things that were fresh or recently heard.

Let's just say it was Patsy for sake of argument. Since the movie was playing at the Whites and was over at 9, it is reasonable to suspect that John or Patsy at least heard some of the dialogue, etc. If something happened at the hands of a family member several hours later, and a staging-coverup occurred, wouldn't the perp, in panic, pull things out of the conscious or subconscious mind for use. Obviously, the ransom note writer was conscious of various movie lines.

My point is this. If the conception of the ransom note was based partly on the movie that evening, I believe it proves this was not a planned out assault. I believe it points to a crime committed and covered in the spur of a moment and on the fly.....the perp drawing things out of recent and distant memory...

If we're talking about some sex fiend pervert (as Smit and Team Ramsey would have us believe), then, he didn't jump up after watching this movie and suddenly decide to go for it.

5. Learnin

Learnin Member

My point exactly, Elle. Since we know the movie was on at the Whites, and the Ramseys were at the Whites until the movie was over, we are not grasping straws in believing that the Ramseys might have saw some of it; heard much of it, etc.

In Nick of Time, the kidnapping was carried out by a political faction...

If there is a connection between this movie and some of the ransom note, I believe it lends even more evidence to the theory that this was not a planned out crime but something which happened suddenly and was covered on the run...

6. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, this is exactly the way I see it too, Learnin! Not a planned crime! Plus, when a movie is over, comments are usually passed or even made while watching it(?).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice