The 911 Call and Hyperventilation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

I was listening to the 911 call just this evening and something occurred to me. During Patsy's conversation, she began to hyperventilate. Having been in the medical field for many years, and having spent much time in the E.R., I have had the occasion to witness quite a few episodes of hyperventilation.

Now. A person, who is oxygen deprived, will hyperventilate to obtain more oxygen. A person, who is not oxygen deprived, but is hyperventilating out of panic, will very quickly get light headed and pass out. It feeds upon itself. The more the person hyperventilates, the more they think they need to continue.

In my experience, a true case of hyperventilation, from panic, is only reversed by someone pleading with that person to slow down their breathing or, if that fails, placing a sack over the persons mouth so that they do not get too much oxygen and feel the need to continue hyperventilating.

Now. If Patsy was truly hyperventilating, from panic, I wonder how she managed to stop? I'd like to know if Patsy was hyperventilating when she called the Whites or Fernies? They would know. The fact of the matter is that you do not hyperventilate like that for long and remain upright. Did John get a bag or did he have to plead with her to stop?

One other overwhelming question came to me when I listened to that 911 call? With Patsy in that supposed state, why in hades did John allow his wife to make that call???? What CEO husband would allow his supposedly panicked and irrational wife to make a 911 call when he could handle it much more efficiently and calmly????

2. Elle

Elle Member

When John Ramsey was asked this question during an interview, he said something like"This is the way it's always done here. Patsy makes the phone calls." I had the same thoughts as you above. He was a CEO and used to being in charge, and since this was an emergency, one would have thought he would have taken over. Instead we have to believe he was on his knees reading the ransom note - and horses fly!

I have always thought Patsy's hyperventilating was staged, Learnin. She was a pro when it came to acting.

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Learning,

That same thought came to me yesterday when I read that whole item. In fact that idea stood out for me as if it were in bold type. It wasn't. In John's telling of it he made it all seem kind of bland. He was more interested in reading the note while it was on the floor mind you than to get to the phone and call for help. I agree with both of you in that John as a person in charge of a large company, a CEO if you will, and he just reads the note? I'm sure he was also used to Patsy being in a panic over something as she was so dramatic in many other ways. But this was for us reading it now some kind of danger for their child...act like a parent John! No he'd rather get down on his hands and knees and read the d&^#@d note. But in his telling of even I think he said he took the note to read it. Were any of his fingerprints on that note? I don't recall that his were only partials of Patsy's. Later they thought about not getting any prints on it....like 4 months later. Did I say that correctly?

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

His prints were not on the note, as far as I know. Though Patsy claimed to give him the note, he claimed to have kneeled down (on the stairs???) to read it on the floor. This makes no sense to me. If Patsy picked the note up, which she says she did, why would she put it back on the floor or stairs for JR to read?

5. Learnin

Learnin Member

I agree. It must've been staged or else I don't think she makes the calls to her friends.

6. Learnin

Learnin Member

From the first moment of that call, Patsy is in panic mode. Now, one of two scenarios must be true.

1. John was still ignorant at this point and was trying to figure out what was going on when Patsy headed for the phone. This means she took her own initiative without asking her husband what they should do. This is suspicious in and of itself if this is what happened. Does any one believe that a woman would not ask her husband for his opinion on how to proceed? And if she did and they decided to call 911, does anyone believe that John would allow a basket case to make the call when important information had to be given???

or:

2. They both understood fully and it was decided that a panicked mom would tend to play out better as time went on.

7. Elle

Elle Member

I vote for No.2 being the best choice for them!

About John being ignorant, Learnin (?). So many thoughts go through my head when I go over the different scenarios which could have happened (?).

I feel with Patsy Ramsey being a cancer survivor her strength would never have survived the whole staging scene. From bathing, redressing JonBenét's lifeless body, carrying her downstairs, creating the fake garrote etc. There had to be two people there, but I do get the feeling John Ramsey arrived on the scene too late to save his daughter's life. We have all read about John and Patsy being apart while Detective Linda Arndt did her best to supervise this group. Something must have happened previously to have caused this separation.

Like many others, I also believe Patsy purposely called her friends to contaminate the scene.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Does it make any sense even in cool light of nearly 14 years later to be careful of not getting fingerprints on the RN and then to call all your friends who came over to the house and some even began to clean things up in the kitchen. I don't think this idea was pointed out to the Ramseys at the time was it?

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

JR can be heard in the background on the enhanced 911 call more clearly than BR can. JR was there for the call, and he knew what happened. Later, JR was said to admit that BR was awake then, too, but they felt it was better just to say he was still asleep. So I believe all three surviving Rs were in the room when the 911 call was made.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice