Heads Up! Burke interviewed by Police!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for posting this information, Bob. Funny how just recently a few of us were posting about the 911 call with Burke's voice being heard in the background, thanks to Learnin's interest in the case.

I wonder if anything will turn up from this new interview with Burke at the age of 23 (?). Fingers crossed!

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Let's Do the Time Warp!

candy...jameson...The Boulder Forum...

I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole.

But it's interesting to read the comments. So many cold cases are being solved with all the new technology. I still hold out hope that JonBenet's killer will be found and prosecuted.

4. BobC

You have to ask yourselves why the police would even want to interview Burke, after the prime suspect has been dead for several years. It makes me wonder what prompted this, since they could have pounced on Burke five years ago, but didn't.

The government is a business, and they eventually want a payoff for what they spend. Why would Boulder officials want to expend more money on interviewing Burke?

This is the most interesting twist in this case that I've seen in years.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Bob, it does make me wonder too after all this time has elapsed(?).
    I'm anxious to read the continuation of this very surprising news. I truly thought John Ramsey had made sure Burke would never be interviewed (?).

6. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for posting this, Bob. What an interesting turn of events. Makes you wonder if anything will come of it.

The last I knew, after Burke graduated from Purdue, he was living in Atlanta. I'm guessing that's where the Boulder police went to interview him.

7. Learnin

Learnin Member

Very interesting, indeed. A few thoughts, immediately, come to mind.

1. This indicates that the BPD, and current DA, are truly interested in getting to the bottom of this. If you want it to lie, you don't start interviewing the main players again.

2. Something new has arisen. BR has been of age for some years now. He has been fair game for some time.

3. I wonder if further DNA testing has revealed something. Might they have matched this DNA to a child hood friend of JBR's and now it's back to square one? Who better to question first besides the brother who is now of age?

8. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you for this new info Bob. This tells me what I have always figured. That there is still unreleased evidence we know nothing about. I hope this reinvigorates the case and we start hearing more about it again... Minus the input of Jameson and Candy of course. IMO.

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I wish I could feel a little optimism about this interview, but it's so long overdue. Well, we knew Lacy wasn't going to go there.

Maybe the BPD has a new detective or cold case squad which is taking another look. Didn't we read about the CBI recently looking at a long list of unsolved cold cases, and there was a stink because JB's case wasn't on it? Yeah, it was in the news a few months ago.

I don't know. Even if they have developed new evidence, what is Burke going to remember all these years later that's reliable, anyway? Is he going to be truthful about it if he does remember something incriminating against anyone in his family? I don't think so.

Because Patsy wrote that note, no question in my mind.

So is this just the BPD giving lip service? Maybe.

Yet this case has been so insane, it's hard to rule out any possibility that it might have some wild and crazy resolution one day.

10. koldkase

This is kind of off topic, but as a stretch...if you haven't seen it before--I hadn't--it's a statement analysis of another interview in this case. Whoever this guy is, he's good. He talks like he's experienced and his bio says he's an investigator, so decide for yourself. He does an analysis of the Ramseys being interviewed the day after they buried JonBenet. If you remember, their interview was with CNN--not the BPD, which they stalled for four more months.

Anyhow, while we hang around waiting to hear nothing about Burke's interview, if you want to learn something about how investigators detect deception in interviews and what they then determine, this is fascinating. Just wish this guy would analyze some of the wild stories the Ramseys told in their BPD and BDA interviews. Those were some whoppers!

http://*************************/2010/09/editingcnn-ramsey-interview.html

11. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this KK. This is very interesting! I'm stunned reading this statement analysis. I can't get over the fact doctors do not make reports of well-to-do-parents (?). Sincerely hope this scene changes!

12. BobC

Well, since murder charges are probably never going to happen (unless of course you are a child-molesting, cross-dressing, delusional creep plucked from Taiwan who never stepped foot in Boulder), I am left to wonder if the new sane authorities are looking into Obstruction of Justice charges.

I am also wondering if perhaps Burke has said something to someone that got back to the police.

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Dunno, you guys, to me this seems important, because when, other than right after JB was murdered, have the authorities shown any interest in interviewing Burke Ramsey in connection with this case? I'm wondering why JR hasn't got Burke lawyered to the hilt, if they are questioning him at this point. Maybe he is - we just don't know it.

They don't just question people out of the blue - obviously the new administration is reinvestigating. What I like about this is that they aren't playing to the public, announcing everything ahead of time but rather keeping things quiet. To me that means they are taking it seriously.

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks BobC,

Very interesting indeed! I wonder if Burke can recall what he remembers vs. what he might have been told happened by his parents. After being shuffled out the door so quickly the day after it happened he might have little chance to recall the truth....unless.....he did it and that is why the quick shuffle out the door.

I've always said that I could be open to this scenerio. Well it is very interesting indeed!

15. koldkase

I don't think you can charge someone in Colorado of obstruction until you have charged someone with the crime...or at least, I heard that in a TV talking heads discussion eons ago on this case, so just throwing that out there.

Your last thought, though, is something to ponder. I've wondered if a young, immature Burke might just take someone into his confidence like a best friend or girlfriend. That might be one way this case could get a break--not that anything would come of it legally.

It has also occurred to me that in time, someone once close to the Ramseys might need money and that could lead to info being sold.

But Lin Wood has made that a lesser possibility, as the Ramseys intended, I believe.

16. koldkase

I don't know, WY. Everytime anything comes out of Boulder regarding this case, it's always just more bad news for justice for JonBenet. Yet another "VICTORY!" for the Ramseys? What are they up to now? Who are they going to sacrifice this time? Who is going to get arrested or run over by the bus now?

I don't think it's going to be the killer, because if that's not Patsy, she set that person free when she wrote that ransom note.

I've grown very skeptical. I hope so much that I'm 100% wrong.

17. BobC

That might be true, KK. If it is true (that you can't be charged with OOJ without formal charges being made on a murder case, then why would anybody be questioning Burke at this point? A murder charge is probably never gonna happen, so what charge would they be going after?

This is puzzling....

18. Karen

Karen Member

They are probably just tying up loose ends so they can shelve the case. Maybe it was noted somewhere on some paperwork that Burke should be questioned again after he is an adult. I don't see much coming out of this UNLESS they are after an "intruder of interest." Maybe ole Smit had some info in a lock box or safety deposit box that was intended to be seen only after his death? But .................Patsy wrote the note. So this is a very curious development, but still probably won't amount to much.

19. Learnin

Learnin Member

I like your points. I think it's possible the new investigators might just be saying: "Hey, you can't be charged, your mothers gone, we know this, we know that, don't you think it's time we put this to rest?"

And I believe your second point is a very, very, good one. It's very possible he loosened up after having one too many and said something someone thought the police should know.

20. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good point! I don't think there's any way BPD makes a move to question Burke without good cause. I don't believe they traveled across the country, and risked stirring up a media tempest again, just to ask Burke if he remembered any thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice