October 2, 2010 - UPDATE - Burke has not been "officially" interviewed by police

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Here is the latest:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/0...erviews-jonbenet-ramsey-case/?test=latestnews

Police plan new interviews in JonBenet Ramsey case

Published October 02, 2010
    Associated Press

BOULDER, Colo. – Police investigating the death of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey are conducting a new round of interviews, based on recommendations from an advisory committee.

The committee, which included investigators from several state and federal agencies, met in 2009 after police took the lead in the case back from Boulder County prosecutors.

[snip]

Police Chief Mark Beckner wouldn't reveal details about the continuing investigation or who police want to interview now.

"We continue to work the Ramsey case and have tailored our investigation based on recommendations from our 2009 advisory committee," Beckner told the Camera newspaper. "This has included additional contacts and interviews with those who may have information pertinent to the case."

JonBenet's older brother Burke, who was 9 when JonBenet died, was contacted by police but hasn't been interviewed yet, Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood said.

"I understand that they met with Burke and gave him a card and said, 'If you want to talk to us, here's how you would contact me,'" Wood said. "But the police have not interviewed Burke."

[snip]

"Whatever the reason for any type of approach with Burke, it would have nothing to do with the case other than with the reality that John and Burke could help the Boulder police as witnesses in the investigation," Wood said. "For all I know, they have gotten some tip and think Burke could give them some information."

Denver defense attorney and legal analyst Scott Robinson said it would be premature to assume that police have new information.

"But it would be absolutely accurate to say they're not letting this case lie," he said.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

This is interesting. Not that they haven't interviewed Burke but that Lin Wood is still listed at the Ramsey "family attorney."

I thought he wasn't representing "the family" any longer.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Cherokee.

No surprise the media got it all wrong.

The reporters in the media are the ones who are blathering on about this magical DNA that clears everyone. Couldn't expect them to get something as difficult as whether Burke has been interviewed by the police or not right. I mean, that may involve an actual phone call. At least one phone call and hell, may even TWO. They will really work up a sweat if they have to make two calls. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Shocking!

Not~
    RR

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

You all need to look at the exact wording of what is said in this article. It is very artfully worded.

Cherokee--the original article didn't have a damn thing wrong.

6. Karen

Karen Member

Bob, you always speak in riddles.

7. BobC

No, I don't. It is all right there. Compare the initial story about Burke to this new article and look for wiggle words. It is all there.

Good lord.

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

This is kind of bizarre, they travelled to Atlanta or where ever Burke is, handed him their business cards and said we want to talk to you ... and then went on their merry way?

9. AMES

AMES Member

It would have been much easier to just mail their business cards to him...inside of a syrupy Hallmark card.

I heard on the news, there was a link to it posted on one of the threads here...the news reporter said that her SOURCES told her that Burke has been interviewed for the past month, and that he was not relunctant to talk.

10. Cherokee

Sabrina, I had the exact same thought. Why would the BPF fly all the way to Atlanta to merely hand Burke their business cards and tell him they'd be glad to talk to him in the future? That doesn't make sense.

We're obviously not getting all the story. Reading between the lines, it sounds like maybe the BPD went to Atlanta with hopes of interviewing Burke in person. Then someone (John and/or Lin Wood?) put a stop to it, so all the BPD could do was leave their cards and say, "call us."

With all the conflicting stories, it's hard to know what the truth is in this latest development.

11. Cherokee

On what thread did you see that, Ames?

12. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Exactly. This is what I think happened.

13. BobC

Great to see people using their True Crime skills in dissecting news stories and ferreting out the parts that don't make any sense.

Ames I would love to know the reporter's "sources," or more to the point, source. His intials wouldn't be LW, would they?

14. Nickii

Nickii Member

Maybe even "accepting business cards" from the BPD means "fully cooperation" for the R's.

15. AMES

AMES Member

16. AMES

AMES Member

Probably not...she said that her sources tell her that Burke HAS BEEN interviewed over the past month...implying that it was more than once, and that he was not reluctant to talk to them. Remember the thread that you started, about Burke being interviewed, when we first heard about it? Go to that link....and click on the VIDEO...there is more to the story there. ALOT MORE! This is where I heard the news lady talking about her sources. There is a video that has Burke and JB together on it, just click on it.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-police-ramsey-brother-txt,0,6492962.story

17. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

John made sure Burke was gone from his home right before John found JonBenet dead and brought her up in plain sight of everyone.

John and Patsy did everything to lawyer up each and every member of the family almost overnight...and didn't allow Burke to be interview by the cops.

I'm sure Burke knows a lot more and never had the opportunity as a child to talk to the cops. Even though Burke is not yet 'forty' John can't prevent him from talking now.

I'm not holding my breathe, but I am intrigued....what will Burke say?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice