Burke did it with a flashlight

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by VP, Oct 3, 2010.

1. VP

VP Member

I'm refreshing my memory on the case - googling - and I am cracking up at all the theories. Anyone who has followed this case from day one knows that someone in the house that night accidentally killed JonBenet. She died from the blow to the head. The blow to the head was not outwardly apparent because there was no visible bleeding or swelling. In my opinion, based on common sense and the evidence, Burke got ticked off at JonBenet for whatever reason, and bashed her in the head with a flashlight. Why else would the Ramsey's lawyer up and stick together all those years? They both covered up what Burke did - what they "found" he had done that fateful night.

The family has never made any sort of concerted effort to find the killer - why would they? They even published an incorrect number for the tip line in their book - and didn't lose their mind correcting it.

Seriously, the misinformation related to this case is absurd. She was NOT "brutally sexually abused" or "brutally murdered". The accident was covered up to look like a brutal murder by John and Patsy - and Lin Wood covered up the cover up for years.

I hope the new "questioning" leads to answers that will finally solve this case.

2. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I have always believed that John was sexually abusing her, Patsy walked in with the maglight and boom, hit her in the head with a swig that was meant for John. I do not believe a 9 year old would be strong enough to bash her head like that, and besides Dr. Wecht believes there was previous vaginal trauma...

3. VP

VP Member

I think Lin Wood could have gotten Patsy out of your scenario...what jury wouldn't understand a furious mother wielding whatever weapon was handy to protect her daughter? Further, would Patsy be so cruel as to take the chance John might abuse Burke and the grandchildren they had? A nine year old is not a baby and he was almost 10 - Remember James Bulger? He was beaten and tortured to death by two 10 year olds. Burke certainly could have hit her hard enough to cause the skull fracture - I have never understood why it didn't split the skin though.

Dr. Wecht "believes" there was previous vaginal trauma. Regardless - the sexual assault that night was staged - like a parent not really wanting to penetrate their dead child, but wanting to make it look that way.

4. VP

VP Member

Also, the blow was more to the back of her head, not the front....which means she would have been in an awkward position in your scenario. I did have the same belief as you when the case first broke - but the evidence and the Ramseys behavior doesn't support it, in my opinion.

5. Elle

Elle Member

For sure the sexual assault was staged VP! This I can agree with without a doubt!

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

The forensic evidence implicates Patsy as cruel enough to have jabbed a paintbrush into her dying child's genital organs, and cruel enough to have tied a knot around JonBenet's neck to misdirect LE. Which mother, even if she thought her child was already dead from the head injury - would have brought herself to do that? Only a person lacking empathy could have done this and Patsy did fit the profile of an unempathetic parent. She had had no empathy for JonBenet in life, parading her around on these terrible pageants which imo are a form of child abuse. Both Patsy and John were also able to leave their dead child lying there under the Christmas tree.

Suppose it was in the scenario outlined by Sabrina in post # 2 and Patsy surprised John molesting JonBenet, I even would not put it past Patsy to have directed her rage against her daughter.
    I lean more toward believing that the flashlight was not used to deliver the headblow, but that it was used in connection with the staging because the Ramseys were afraid to put the full lights on. What imo connects the flashlight to the writing of the ransom note: it was kept in a drawer near the spiral staircase where Patsy later "found" the note. Here's where T. Haney confronts Patsy with a crime scene picture of the empty drawer: (bolding mine)

It was found on the kitchen counter. A didn't a neighbor notice flickering light coming from the kitchen area around or after midnight?
    I think it depends on the type of object wielded. I recall a former colleague of mine telling me me that, when she and her brother were kids, the brother once banged a quite heavy frying pan on her head during a fierce sibling fight, the force of the blow severely fracturing her skull, and that it was a wonder that she survived it.

Maybe the weapon in the JBR case was one the golf clubs in the bag John insisted on removing from the house?
    Does anyone recall whether the golf clubs have ever been forensically examined?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Welcome VP. Long time no hear from. Glad you came to check in:)

I agree with you VP. The misinformation is unbelievable.

When watching any program where JonBenet is mentioned you can count on the fact that the program will misrepresent the facts. They will get it all wrong. That is the only "Fact" we can count on these days.

8. Elle

Elle Member

This is where I have trouble, rashomon. I do not see John Ramsey involved in this part at all. He was getting up for an early flight. I have always had trouble with other posters relating to this being John Ramsey's doing.

I could believe the scenario of Burke and JonBenét having an argument over pineapple and a heavy flashlight being wielded by Burke before I can visualize a scene with John Ramsey after all they had been through for Christmas. This is a more natural thing to have taken place after Christmas, as far as I'm concerned! Plus JonBenét according to Burke walked upstairs in front of him, and once again the Ramseys lied with John carrying her up. I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE WITH AUTHORITY TO FORCE BURKE RAMSEY INTO AN INTERVIEW

At Christmas time, regardless of the hour, children are reluctant to go to bed, plus they have been known to sneak back to their gifts sometimes during the night . A very common occurrence

Of course, I also believe in the theory of Patsy being very bad tempered over a soiled bed while checking her daughter during
    her regular midnight check, and being distraught over all she had come through so far.

Whatever theory it's Ramsey related (?).

About the golf club! I feel one should keep their thinking to the most simple explanations. The golf bag would not have been in the kitchen. The flashlight was! Burke and JonBenét could have had an argument over the pineapple (?).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  9. rashomon

rashomon Member

I'm always wavering back and forth as to whether a (bed) wetting accident, a sibling fight, or a sexual abuse occurrence triggered the sequence of events.
    If you believe no sexual abuse was involved, Elle, how do you interpret the chronic vaginal inflammation and other possible signs of chronic sexual abuse as listed in the Bonita papers?
    The there were also the fibers from John's shirt which were found in the crotch area of the size 12 underwear. It looks like he was involved in this but in what way? Did he 'only' help with the staging?
    So true, Elle. It is simply incredible how they could have gotten get away with it, despite all the evidence implicating them.

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

No. It was terrorists. Haven't you read the ransom note?

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

SMALL terrorists...so they said!

12. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Rashoman

"I'm always wavering back and forth as to whether a bed wetting accident, a sibling fight or a sexual abuse occurrence triggered the sequence of events."

You know when I read that sentence Something clicked in my brain just then as to PERHAPS, just perhaps, it was all three of them that might have happened same night. That would explain the explosive nature of the crime and the cruel method of hitting JBR in the head and strangulation (staged) and the staged sexual abuse. That could have made Patsy so :(:(:(:(ed off that she lost it completely. And in my mind that could explain why she could say with some sort of mental reserve that she didn't do it because she did all 3 and was only asked each time about just one at a time. Her thinking...No didn't do that one thing because I did all 3 and you only asked me if I did one thing.

Does that make any sense?

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Patsy said that JB sometimes went into BR's bed when she had wet her own. Maybe she did that night. Maybe they were "playing" under the covers, as LHP had caught them sometimes. Maybe they had the flashlight under the covers, too. Then they went down for a snack- BR gets the pineapple bowl from the fridge (his prints were on it, too).

14. Elle

Elle Member

Oh I believe there was evidence of previous sexual abuse rashomon. I meant specifically on Christmas night! I didn't think John Ramsey would have had the time for fooling around if he was getting up early the next morning for the flight to Charlevoix. I shudder at the thought if he was the one responsible for the previous sexual abuse. Would he take the chance to do this in her own little bedroom, with Patsy around? Plus I can't see Patsy Ramsey putting up with this if she knew it was John (?).

She had to know something was going on with her young daughter with the previous evidence already visible.

I just don't see it being John Ramsey because there are females who are drawn like magnets to these CEO's. I don't see him needing to stoop so low with his young six year old daughter, and yet those fibers from John's shirt are still not solved (?). John Ramsey was very indignant about being questioned about those, rashomon, but he was never arrested!(?). We do need to hear more about those, don't we?

15. Elle

Elle Member

This is more believable to me, DeeDee. She was in the habit of crawling into Burke's bed according to Patsy!

16. brenk

brenk Member

strength of a 9 year old

I haven't posted on here for a long time.
    I lost this site and been reading on Topix.
    I'm glad I found it again.

Anyway, I respect everyones opinion, But I don't think JR was abusing JB.
    Talking about the strength of a 9 year old boy...I knew a little skinny
    9 y/o boy that was very sickly and small for his age.

He had 2 teen age sisters...This kid got mad and threw a pair of scissors
    at them and he threw them so hard they stuck into a wooden table.

The girls were so scared they ran into the bathroom and locked the door.
    He was so angered he went and got a hammer, He beat the door leaving
    deep marks. He wanted to get to them so bad. When he got mad he
    was nuts.

They couldn't come out untill the parents came and got him.

So, yes, I think a 9 y/o could have killed JB.
    JMHO
    kk

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

And people forget Burke was almost 10 years old when JonBenet was killed! His 10th birthday was only a month away on January 27th.

P.S. Welcome back to FFJ!

18. VP

VP Member

Wow!

After following this case for SO many years - mind numbingly chewing apart each and every piece of evidence and regurgitating it over and over again, I am stunned this one never came to mind, lol. It could be as simple as JonBenet wet the bed, got into Burke's bed and they decided to sneak down into the basement to play. There was something in the interviews about Burke playing in the train room after they got home that night. She brings her doll with her and he has the flashlight guiding them. Getting bored, JonBenet grabs one of Burke's trains and starts aggravating him with it. I remember something about how she enjoyed doing that ... and he goes after her to get it - she takes off up the stairs and he is so mad he delivers the blow while she is a couple of steps above him! She would have turned sideways to see if he was coming which side was the railing on? The head blow was on the right side, if I remember correctly. What was laying on the stairs that night was not a ransom note, but her daughter. And thus (tic), Burke's question, "what did you find?"

The pineapple was a treat at some point but I think insignificant save for the fact that Patsy just didn't want detectives to know JonBenet was up at all past them getting home. Saying she never gave her pineapple would eliminate ALL questions, or she thought, as to what JonBenet did before and after the pineapple.

The rest was staging. I just can't see Patsy bashing Jon Benet over the head with a flashlight for bedwetting or covering for John all those years.

Since the first misleading new story broke, that there was semen on her leg, the rest took on a life of it's own. Many people have made a lot of money off this dead girl and her seemingly dispassionate parents - worth it to keep it going on the sexual slant with pageant pedophiles, sex cults and velvet gloves in the shower.

Anyyyyyyyyway - I was laid off from my job yesterday so I'm rambling. Need to go and re-do my resume now. This company fired a 22 year employee 2 weeks ago. It's a beeotch out there!

19. Elle

Elle Member

Your post is believable VP! So sorry you lost your job. Sincerely hope you find a better one!

If my memory serves me right, your little bee comes to mind being on FFJ many years ago when I first saw Voyager's balloon. I remember the avatars which caught my eye way back then. Voyager's balloon; WY's black cat; Purr's cat, and your little bee! LUVLY! They were fascinating!

20. brenk

brenk Member

Thank You, It's good to be back,
    kk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice