Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 147
  1. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay. What I think I DO see for sure is that it (doll, or whatever) is in a box with white tissue paper sort of pulled back and creased down or pushed down on the sides of the box. The box seemes to be clearly outlined in this way. As far as the doll goes I do see the red and white like a Christmas theme. But I'm also still wondering about the Santa Bear. It looks like a white bear face on the side, or in the upper part. If you picture this doll being positioned differently like up and down in the pic as opposed to left to right. Anybody esle see the white bear face, and can anybody post a picture of the Santa Bear?
    Maybe Patsy did place the Santa Bear by JBR's body. Maybe the police suspected that and that is why they put Santa Bear in the photo they showed Patsy, and that is why Patsy turned pale when she saw it.

  2. #110

    Default

    I was just talking to a friend of mine (she is not on the forums) and she said she just saw Lin Wood on Headline News going on and on about how the DNA cleared the Ramseys and there is nothing new in the case and nothing that Burke would know and that the police just released this information to annoy John Ramsey.

  3. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    I was just talking to a friend of mine (she is not on the forums) and she said she just saw Lin Wood on Headline News going on and on about how the DNA cleared the Ramseys and there is nothing new in the case and nothing that Burke would know and that the police just released this information to annoy John Ramsey.
    Anyone surprised by this? I guess when you are defending a guilty person, you have to consider any police activity on the case is being done just to annoy your client rather than to try once again to solve your child's murder. If I were innocent in my child's death (or coverup), I'd be thrilled they wanted to talk to people again, especially my surviving child, who may very well remember seeing or hearing something that would help LE.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  4. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    Great minds think alike...I just posted a picture of this doll over at WBS...before reading your post. I think that it DOES look like the doll in the photo. Look at the doll in the photo's dress...at the bottom, it looks gold and crinkley....like this one. The only thing missing..is the cuffed sleeves and neckline. Now that baffles me.
    I went to eBay and saw the same doll, and was about to try to post it when I saw this. Thank you for bringing to WS. I wish we had a clearer photo of the object on the floor. But it could very well be that doll, it was the 1996 Holiday Barbie.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  5. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    I was just talking to a friend of mine (she is not on the forums) and she said she just saw Lin Wood on Headline News going on and on about how the DNA cleared the Ramseys and there is nothing new in the case and nothing that Burke would know and that the police just released this information to annoy John Ramsey.
    Ha! We knew that was coming.

    Though I have to say I also question who released this info as "Burke" was being sought for an interview, versus witnesses in general. If history does repeat itself, this had to be leaked by the BPD for exactly that reason--to put pressure on the remaining Ramseys. It's common LE practice and one admittedly used early in the case investigaiton.

    But then, the Ramseys asked for it by lawyering up and refusing to go to the BPD and be interviewed, openly and without "conditions."

    Well, I haven't seen ol' Woody in a while. How's he doing?

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  6. #114
    RiverRat's Avatar
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    NoneYa Beessness
    Posts
    7,824

    Cool

    Goodness...This is hard for me to believe that Boulder's law enforcement agency has nothing else on their hands to do and the only thing they could come up with to pass time is to annoy John Ramsey! Especially since his attorney a$$ures us that nothing's new. This information was sooo important that it was personally delivered via a national television appearance instead of simply releasing this in a pre$$ relea$e?!?!

    IF this is to be taken as the truth, it's going to take me a bit to make my brain accept this entry. It's hard enough without my thoughts now trying to stray for some reason to the question that has been tossed around lately...Who did it Benefit to Leak the what in the world ever is the situation between Burke and the Police Department?

    RR
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

    "Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

    "Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

    "What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

  7. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Anyone surprised by this? I guess when you are defending a guilty person, you have to consider any police activity on the case is being done just to annoy your client rather than to try once again to solve your child's murder. If I were innocent in my child's death (or coverup), I'd be thrilled they wanted to talk to people again, especially my surviving child, who may very well remember seeing or hearing something that would help LE.

    Especially since the Ramseys told the Nat. Enquirer they never talked to Burke about the murder. And he never asked.

    OH, that says VOLUMES, doesn't it?

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  8. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Goodness...This is hard for me to believe that Boulder's law enforcement agency has nothing else on their hands to do and the only thing they could come up with to pass time is to annoy John Ramsey! Especially since his attorney a$$ures us that nothing's new. This information was sooo important that it was personally delivered via a national television appearance instead of simply releasing this in a pre$$ relea$e?!?!

    IF this is to be taken as the truth, it's going to take me a bit to make my brain accept this entry. It's hard enough without my thoughts now trying to stray for some reason to the question that has been tossed around lately...Who did it Benefit to Leak the what in the world ever is the situation between Burke and the Police Department?

    RR
    For all we know, the "fresh eyes" detectives who might now be looking at the case have already asked John Ramsey for an interview. I haven't heard that or anything, but it has occurred to me that they SURELY would have asked to speak to John, as well.

    If that were true, and John ignored them or refused, then putting the media pressure on is not new to LE. Not even in the Ramsey case 14 years ago. It's common investigative procedure in certain situations, and the Ramseys landed themselves right in the center of jus such a situation by going on TV the day after they buried their child, yet refusing to talk to the investigating detectives for four months, and then only with conditions.

    I am puzzled about going after Burke in the media, but maybe this is a signal that they're not playing. That would be an astonishing development, wouldn't it? Lacy had the case for 6 years and all we saw was game-playing.

    It would be touching to know that there are LE in Boulder/Colorado who actually want to solve the case and seek justice, instead of just promoting careers, covering their behinds, or kowtowing to Team Ramsey.

    But I've been burned too many times in this case's history. I'll believe it when I see something besides a press leak. Like an indictment.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  9. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    Great minds think alike...I just posted a picture of this doll over at WBS...before reading your post. I think that it DOES look like the doll in the photo. Look at the doll in the photo's dress...at the bottom, it looks gold and crinkley....like this one. The only thing missing..is the cuffed sleeves and neckline. Now that baffles me.
    Well, I spent some time looking at various dolls and lord knows there are about a million from that year alone. IF it WERE a doll, who knows which one it might be? Pinker at topix.com JBR forum spotted it immediately. A serious doll collector might be able to spot the model.

    You know, there are plenty of people who have copies of those photos, straight from Intruder Smit to their little case collection. Where did Schiller get to see these copies, anyway? They're not computer files, they're actual printed photos, right? Were these hard copies made from the PowerPoint Smit obsconded with, or copies made from the original negatives? Or were they the originals and Schiller somehow got to see them?

    Just how many people actually have seen these photos, photographed them, never mind aired them on TV? It's pathetic.

    So where are these people now? Surely it's easy to see what this is in the actual photo, rather than the copy here of a screen capture posted online of an aired copy of a tape of the filmed photo from the documentary. Ha! Truly absurd, isn't it?

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  10. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Especially since the Ramseys told the Nat. Enquirer they never talked to Burke about the murder. And he never asked.

    OH, that says VOLUMES, doesn't it?
    LOL. I had forgotten about that.

    Yes, I am sure the BPD just wanted to annoy John Ramsey. I think that it speaks volumes too that Burke would not talk to them.

  11. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    Maybe Patsy did place the Santa Bear by JBR's body. Maybe the police suspected that and that is why they put Santa Bear in the photo they showed Patsy, and that is why Patsy turned pale when she saw it.
    That would be awfully clever of the BPD, wouldn't it? Problem is the BPD never kept the Santa doll as evidence. It "disappeared," remember, and then the Ramseys had a PI that worked for them look for it in their boxes from the hellhole, and lo and behold--voila!

    Boy, those Ramseys wanted to put that house and everything in it waaaaaay behind them, didn't they? Just like JB's body. When they left it that day, running, they just wanted to "move on" with their lives.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  12. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    LOL. I had forgotten about that.

    Yes, I am sure the BPD just wanted to annoy John Ramsey. I think that it speaks volumes too that Burke would not talk to them.
    I'm not going to write Burke off just yet. We don't really know if he has said no for all time. If he consciously knows something, he probably has. If he only has vague memories and truly believe his parents are innocent, maybe he will talk to LE.

    Or maybe he'll be a dark horse. Maybe he'll end up having a conscience and doing the right thing. He is a grown man now. Who can say where destiny is leading him? He's certainly part of this and always will be. For now, he's the question in this case because he's been a child or young man for most of it.

    He may be waiting for his father to die, as well.

    Or he may be unwilling to revisit this living nightmare and will never speak of it, whatever he knows or doesn't know.

    No way to know until it unfolds in time.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.



Similar Threads

  1. Did John find JonBenet's body at 11 a.m. and not 1 p.m.?
    By Learnin in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: August 30, 2012, 3:15 pm, Thu Aug 30 15:15:54 UTC 2012
  2. Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on January 1st 1997?
    By Tricia in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: July 17, 2008, 11:36 am, Thu Jul 17 11:36:30 UTC 2008
  3. Great Synopsis of the JBR Case - "Doll Parts: For JonBenet, The Pageant Isn't Over"
    By Amber in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: February 18, 2007, 12:38 am, Sun Feb 18 0:38:10 UTC 2007
  4. Did JR move the body into the wine cellar? Where was it before?
    By heymom in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 26, 2006, 8:37 pm, Sat Aug 26 20:37:23 UTC 2006
  5. JonBenet's last outfit FOR American Girl doll??
    By JustinCase in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 15, 2005, 2:34 pm, Sat Jan 15 14:34:58 UTC 2005

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •