Could someone please post how both John and Patsy found/read the Ransom Note?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I do not have any of my books handy so I am asking for your help.

Didn't John claim he was on all fours in his underwear reading the note and didn't Patsy do some amazing ballerina triple twirl around the note when she saw it on the stairs?

If someone could please post a picture of the actual staircase and then the description of how they both came to read/see the note I would really appreciate it.

With all the new people we have coming to our forum I would love for them to get a taste of the absolute absurd things the Ramsey's claimed they did that went unnoticed by the media but not by us :)

Thank you in advance.

Tricia

2. Karen

Karen Member

When Patsy was on the phone with 911 John was down on all fours in the hallway close by with the note spread out because he said there was good light there. Patsy said in an interview that she went over to him and looked over his shoulder to see it because the 911 operater had asked her if the kidnapper had signed it or something to that affect. Thats when she said "S.B.T.C. Victory". on the 911 tape. That, of course came from their book DOI so maybe take it with a grain of salt. it was staging to look like she had never read the note before, although IMO she wrote it.
    As far as finding it Patsy tells too many stories, none of which make any sense.
    That's all I know.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'll start by copying the best documentarian on this case anywhere. From ACR's website:

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-ransom-note.htm

From Why Nut's youtube.com channel, the staircase:

[​IMG]

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

You guys are the best. THANK YOU.

Yes, A Candy Rose www.acandyrose.com is by far the best historian and document keeper there is and ever was for true crime.

Ok my friends think about it.

If you found a 3 page ransom note on your staircase how would you read it?

Wouldn't you pick it up and read the damn thing?

Yet, Patsy sees it and somehow jumps over it, John ends up on all fours reading it.

These two stories would explain why John and Patsy's fingerprints were not found in the normal place on the note. Meaning they didn't grab the note and read it like a normal or even abnormal person would. Come on now . . .

Are you starting to see how ludicrous the story the Ramseys have been telling really is?

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

From DOI:
    I hurry down the back stairs from our bedroom to the second floor, where the childrens' bedrooms are located. I stop at the top of the spiral stairs that lead down to the first floor and I turn to the laundry area.

Need to get a few things together for the trip I think to myself. Not much since we've already got our clothes and most necessary items at the house in Charlevoix. I quickly shove some of the laundry into a plastic garbage sack that will go on the airplane as is. John likes to pack in soft sided bags because it makes loading the plane easier. I hurry down the spiral staircase to the bottom floor and stop.

What's this?I wonder. I turn around to look at three pieces of paper on the step near the bottom. I bend over. Must be a note from the cleaning lady, Linda I think.
    Probably reminding me that she needs to borrow twenty five hundred dollars. I must leave a check on the kitchen counter before we leave.

"Mr Ramsey", the note is addressed across the top. I look again more closely. "Listen carefully!" My eyes fly across the top lines."At this time we have your daughter in our possesion. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter." I quickly scan the page, $118,000, the writer demands.

I gasp for air. For a moment my heart pounds so hard I can barely move. I race back up the stairs and stumble toward Jonbenet's bedroom, pushing the door wide open. The bed is empty!

"J-o-h-nnn! J-o-h-nnn! Help!" I scream. "JonBenet's gone!" He meets me wearing only his underwear.

"There's a note downstairs!" I can barely speak. "Someone has taken JonBenet." I feel the blood rushing from my head. For a moment I feel like fainting. "She's gone!" I cry. "JonBenet is gone!" My stomach wrenches.

John tears down the stairs, he seems to be shouting but making no sense.

"Burke!" John yells. "What about Burke?"

Both of us race to Burke's room at the far end of the second floor and find him apparently still asleep. Best not to arouse him until we figure out what's happening here, I think. He's better off asleep for now. I step into the hall.

John runs down the main stairs and into the back hallway. I grasp my stomach and run after him. By the time I get to him, he is down on his hands and knees staring at the sheets of paper spread out on the floor in front of him. He is examining the ransom note, under the ceiling lights of the back hall. The note reads:

Blah- blah-blah

"What do we do", I stammer.
    He shouts, "Call the police!"
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes! Call them!"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  7. fr brown

fr brown Member

Patsy in particular provided several different stories about finding the note and either leaving it where she found it or bringing it to John on the second floor. She's not even consistent about finding it on the stairs. At one point she said that it was on the floor.

They both agree that ultimately John was in his underwear crouched over the note on the floor. My interpretation: that's where he found it and he was understandably reluctant to touch it.

Last year I went through the transcripts and listed the variations on the note finding. I can see if I can find that topix post if it's helpful. Sounds like I'll be a day late and a dollar short.

8. fr brown

fr brown Member

I found my topix post. It's not as useful as I imagined it to be, but I believe it's accurate as far as it goes. Here it is with some trivial edits:

"I'm always confused when I read the interview transcripts about where the ransom note goes and here's my super short summary.

The one constant is that John read the note while it was on the floor and he was on his hands and knees in front of it. Both Patsy and John agree on that. John says he put the note on the floor. Patsy allows that she might have. She also occasionally says that the note was on the floor (rather than the staircase) when she ran upstairs to check JB's room, but she doesn't know how it got there.

Sometimes Patsy says she brought the note up to the 2nd floor landing. At least once she says that she left it downstairs and then ran back down to get it and bring it to John. If the note goes to the 2nd floor and into John's hands that means that he has to bring it back downstairs and spread it out on the floor to read it. (Because the light is so good there on the floor before dawn in the middle of winter?)

In Thomas' book the note is still on the wooden floor when Ofc. French arrives. The Ramseys say they handed the note to him. The book doesn't say what happened, but I think a cop would stop the Ramseys from handling the note. In fact the only print found on the note was the document examiner's.

After Patsy called the police and John is upstairs for 10 minutes dressing, she has some time to finish reading the note. She doesn't, though. She spends the time calling her friends and praying. Wouldn't you grab that note and bring it under a good light for a thorough read? That's your daughter's lifeline. But neither Patsy nor John seem to want to touch the note.

I think the ransom note was placed originally on the wooden floor with a gloved hand and it didn't leave there until it was collected by police. It would explain so much. Saying the note was originally on the spiral staircase was an embellishment and one that caused them a lot of trouble. That means they have to figure out how to get it off the staircase and onto the floor and they never did get their stories straight."

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  9. fr brown

fr brown Member

Statement analysis tells us that past events described in present tense are fabrications and not genuine memories. I noticed when I read DOI that Patsy switched to present tense to describe that morning.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia, here is some information from Steve Thomas' book - Courtesy of Little.

<o:p></o:p>

11. Elle

Elle Member

Please note, Tricia, the ransom note according to Steve Thomas
    The Ramseys must have moved the ransom note if it was on the floor! No Ramsey fingerprints(?). They must have used gloves. Patsy had to have worn gloves writing it! Those little white gloves,like the doctors and nurses wear, are household items today.

12. Nickii

Nickii Member

Patsy could have also used some normal rubber kitchen gloves to write the note. These gloves would serve two purposes:

1. no fingerprints
    2. to disguise the handwriting further because they would hinder the fingers in their natural writing movements

13. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Nicki. Isn't it amazing the note was spread on the floor and still no fingerprints!(?).

14. Elle

Elle Member

The writing of this note was just too dramatic, wasn't it. Karen? Just like Patsy's life, the beauty pageants, writing speeches etc.etc. No need to elaborate any more we all know it off by heart. Drama Queen right up to the hilt!

15. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with all you're saying here fr brown. According to Steve Thomas, this was the way the ransom note was presented to Officer French, on the floor.

16. Elle

Elle Member

This was the first book I read on this case, Sabrina, and then I was enlightened by many posters on CrimeNews2000 to read other material, and I shall always be grateful to them and the many intelligent posters on FFJ for all the information I now have in my head.

17. Nickii

Nickii Member

Yes Elle, indeed! It would be more than normal to take the ransom note to a place where is a good light to read. And also why spread the note on the floor to read it on hands and knees (?)! Why that? I cannot imagine that someone can read the note faster (as JR stated) in in such an unnatural position! Why not take the note to the kitchen counter? In such a horrific situation I can really not imagine any parent care about damn fingerprints!

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

All of this is some of the Many Reasons why so many of us are in line with you in trying to help keep awareness of the facts flowing to the public. JonBenet did not deserve to die anymore than she deserved to have her Murder turn out to be the biggest Mockery of Justice in America...IMO.

Not only was the ransom note handled by both John and Patsy yet their fingerprints were not left on the paper, somehow it was also able to be read by John Fernie from OUTSIDE of the house thru a window according to his statements! People are actually supposed to believe the non-stop impossible stories that The Ramseys have suppLIED for almost 14 years now. Those that don't buy what they have been selling have paid a heavy price for doing so...however, it has allowed me to witness many amazing Hearts that do not have the ability to even think about walking away from JonBenet...

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Absolutely right and an excellent point, Fr Brown. Patsy was not relating actual memories of that morning but telling a story she hoped would be believed.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks KK for the photos and video. Going over them all right now.

ACandyRose as Tricia said is the best in the business. :rose:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice