Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Of course, we could have told them that long ago; maybe not the statistics, but we knew the contamination was there. How? Because Patsy Ramsey didn't write a ransom note for some intruder.
    As you have been known to say, :foshizzle

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    A study of 20 mortuaries was undertaken to assess whether contamination of instruments, tables and cutting areas due to residual material containing human DNA after routine cleaning is an actual or only a theoretical problem. Of the 20 mortuaries studied, 50% were found to have material containing quantifiable human DNA on the instruments and surfaces sampled. This DNA was amplified and found, in some cases, to have been derived from at least three people.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11197629
    I remember when we were all elated when DNA was first discovered, cynic. It was very exciting and bad news for the killers out there, and now we have this contamination entering the scene. What a shame. I guess the medical researchers will have to work harder and come up with something more reliable to block this contamination. They have a very difficult road to walk.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I remember when we were all elated when DNA was first discovered, cynic. It was very exciting and bad news for the killers out there, and now we have this contamination entering the scene. What a shame. I guess the medical researchers will have to work harder and come up with something more reliable to block this contamination. They have a very difficult road to walk.
    DNA is a double edged sword, certainly.
    Regarding contamination issues:
    Ignorance and laziness are often the cause; education and diligence are the cure.
    That said, laziness is difficult to “cure.”

DNA is a double edged sword, certainly.
    Regarding contamination issues:
    Ignorance and laziness are often the cause; education and diligence are the cure.
    That said, laziness is difficult to “cure.”
    Well said!
    Just my opinion.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

It was well-known even in 1997 that Mayer used unsterile nail clippers on JB's fingernails. I'd have loved to see that "male DNA" tested against the decedents who were in the Boulder morgue at the same time as JB, and/or the decedents Meyer also autopsied before her.
    There was just something in the news about DNA found on a victim that turned out to be the DNA of the guy who had been autopsied just before.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    It was well-known even in 1997 that Mayer used unsterile nail clippers on JB's fingernails. I'd have loved to see that "male DNA" tested against the decedents who were in the Boulder morgue at the same time as JB, and/or the decedents Meyer also autopsied before her.
    There was just something in the news about DNA found on a victim that turned out to be the DNA of the guy who had been autopsied just before.
    DeeDee, I assume you aren’t referring to the DeMocker trial from this earlier post?
    That trial is still in progress.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...5&postcount=22
    Last edited by cynic; August 26, 2011, 12:11 am at Fri Aug 26 0:11:41 UTC 2011.

DeeDee, I assume you aren’t referring to the DeMocker trial from this earlier post?
    That trial is still in progress.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...5&postcount=22
    Yes, I believe that is the case I recalled.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

DeeDee, cynic,

This latest news has to be devastating to those who are waiting on confirmation of a certain person having committed the crime!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    DeeDee, cynic,

This latest news has to be devastating to those who are waiting on confirmation of a certain person having committed the crime!
    Yep. It was common knowledge at the time that coroner Meyer did not follow proper protocol when clipping JB's fingernails, and that he may have used those same clippers on previous decedents. I have often wondered why no one suggested testing that DNA against any male who was in the morgue or autopsied at the same time. If the decedents' tissue is not available, testing relatives still living would also work. I have also suggested that this rogue DNA may have belonged to the male morgue worker who transported JB from her home to the morgue. He was accused of trying to sell the morgue logbook showing the entry of JB's remains to the morgue. Creeps like this would be exactly the kind of person to "take a peek" at the beautiful little murdered beauty queen. He could have been the one to pull her lonhjohns and panties down. It would explain why no other evidence matching those skin cells were ever found anywhere else on the body or the crime scene. It should also be noted that Mayer was said to have found a single FINGERPRINT on the body- which he said he chose NOT to put in his notes. Excuse me? A dead little girl with a PRINT on her body and you DECIDE NOT TO MENTION IT? What does this tell us? They already know who it belongs to. Otherwise, why not put it into the system till there is a match, like the dog-and-pony trick they pull every week with the DNA?
    We can discuss these kinds of thing from here to the end of time. Bottom line- things that COULD have been done to solve this case were NOT done. Sometimes out of carelessness, but sometimes deliberately. They did not (and do not) want the case solved. The present DA is no different. The Rs attorneys are ever vigilant, and the "machine" that protected the Rs is still operative.

Yep. It was common knowledge at the time that coroner Meyer did not follow proper protocol when clipping JB's fingernails, and that he may have used those same clippers on previous decedents. I have often wondered why no one suggested testing that DNA against any male who was in the morgue or autopsied at the same time. If the decedents' tissue is not available, testing relatives still living would also work. I have also suggested that this rogue DNA may have belonged to the male morgue worker who transported JB from her home to the morgue. He was accused of trying to sell the morgue logbook showing the entry of JB's remains to the morgue. Creeps like this would be exactly the kind of person to "take a peek" at the beautiful little murdered beauty queen. He could have been the one to pull her lonhjohns and panties down. It would explain why no other evidence matching those skin cells were ever found anywhere else on the body or the crime scene. It should also be noted that Mayer was said to have found a single FINGERPRINT on the body- which he said he chose NOT to put in his notes. Excuse me? A dead little girl with a PRINT on her body and you DECIDE NOT TO MENTION IT? What does this tell us? They already know who it belongs to. Otherwise, why not put it into the system till there is a match, like the dog-and-pony trick they pull every week with the DNA?
    We can discuss these kinds of thing from here to the end of time. Bottom line- things that COULD have been done to solve this case were NOT done. Sometimes out of carelessness, but sometimes deliberately. They did not (and do not) want the case solved. The present DA is no different. The Rs attorneys are ever vigilant, and the "machine" that protected the Rs is still operative.
    You're jogging my memory here, DeeDee. I do remember this creep who had access to JonBenét's body in the morgue. One would have thought this little girl's body would have been well protected after after such a traumatic death. Dr. Meyer's was not reliable either with his strange behaviour. Little JonBenét Ramsey wasn't taken good care of while alive, or dead! It's all very disconcerting. No justice for this little six year old girl? Sad!
    Just my opinion.

Yep. It was common knowledge at the time that coroner Meyer did not follow proper protocol when clipping JB's fingernails, and that he may have used those same clippers on previous decedents. I have often wondered why no one suggested testing that DNA against any male who was in the morgue or autopsied at the same time. If the decedents' tissue is not available, testing relatives still living would also work. I have also suggested that this rogue DNA may have belonged to the male morgue worker who transported JB from her home to the morgue.
    I believe that there is a high probability that the key to the unidentified DNA in this case lies within the morgue.
    And it is a fact that there have been horrendous “activities” involving dead bodies. We occasionally see reports of this in the news.

Mortuary technicians play with corpses
    By CHUCK BENNETT & IKIMULISA LIVINGSTON
    NEW YORK POST, February 15, 2010

Ghouls are at play in the city's morgues.
    The people employed to respectfully handle the remains of the deceased have instead turned cadavers and body parts into macabre playthings,
    The Post has learned.
    And they shockingly documented their depraved foolery in photos taken as keepsakes.
    Grinning mortuary technicians use corpses as props in dozens of disturbing Polaroids obtained by The Post.
    Perhaps most disturbing of all is mortuary technician Kaihl Brassfield holding a severed head in a classic Heisman Trophy football pose.

"It was stupid," Brassfield, 35, told The Post. "It was just the culture there. Everyone was doing it."
    The creepy pictures, some undated and others from 2004, show Brassfield and unidentified co-workers hamming it up. "It was foolish," he conceded. "Now I'm older. It stopped."
    Brassfield, a $35,000-a- year technician at the Brooklyn morgue of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, had been out of work on disability, but was suspended without pay after inquiries by The Post.
    He says that for several years, everyone working in the Staten Island and Brooklyn morgues, from cops to coroners, participated in the gory games.
    But in recent years, after the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner took over from the Health and Hospitals Corp., staff got more professional, Brassfield said. "We are looking into the allegations," said Office of the Chief Medical Examiner spokeswoman Ellen Borakove. "This is the antithesis of the mission of our agency to always treat families and decedents with the utmost respect and sensitivity."
    The probe by the office's inspector-general began after the queries were made about the photos, and the city's Department of Investigation has begun interviewing ME employees.
    Brassfield said the photos were stolen in November. He said he received calls blackmailing him in December, but refused to pay.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...#ixzz1WMsCODtx

Unhappy

Oh cynic, I just had my lunch. I'm thinking I might lose it after reading the above story of mortuary technician Kaihl Brassfield. Very disturbing!
    Just my opinion.