A quick interview with Boulder DA, Stan Garnett, about the Ramsey case!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to Brother Moon for alerting me to this show.

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=fullshows_capsil.xml

Click on the "3PM HOUR" box. Don't worry when they start talking about the gov's race. They do get to the JBR case.

There is no doubt, and Stan Garnett left no doubt, that NO ONE in his office has cleared the Ramseys. The police HAVE NOT cleared the Ramseys.

This is the message that needs to get out there to people like Jane Velez Mitchell.

Guys I'll be honest. 6 years ago I would have jumped all over this, made sure every talking head had the information, posted it everywhere but this time, I don't have the ability. I think it comes from banging my head against this proverbial wall of Ramsey.

No matter what truth is presented the Ramseys always skate by.

I don't need to listen to Lin Wood on the Today Show to know he was given softball questions.

When will the people in the main stream media quit behaving in such a shameful and unprofessional manner? When will they become the watchdogs of the truth again?

When will people in the media see they have been used and abused by the Ramsey spin team and they need to start telling the truth. Not the truth from the Ramsey's point of view but the truth based on the evidence.

It's not that hard of a case really. It is a no brainer that there was no intruder. The only thing that is difficult to figure out is what exactly happened inside the house that night. Who did what to whom?

I just hope before I die the public is aware that there was no intruder.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

There is no doubt, and Stan Garnett left no doubt, that NO ONE in his office has cleared the Ramseys.

The police HAVE NOT cleared the Ramseys.

Just reposting the truth for those who are are Ramsey brain-washed and/or those in the media who REFUSE to research, and report, the actual facts in the case. Instead, only regurgitate pro-Ramsey spin!

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

There is no investigative reporting to speak of anymore. Mark Furhman was on Opray today talking about the OJ and Moxley cases, all these years later. Oprah asked him about the media and that's what he said.

Think about it. In this country, the news media are now owned by five major conglomerates. Former gov't. restrictions on monopolies protected our media from being controlled by so few for obvious reasons--what we have today. But those were removed with Bush/Cheney.

Networks now hire and fire frequently; how many faces on the news do you recognize anymore? They have pared down budgets to the point that most of what they do is have a network of AP reporters they use and their "newscasters" all repeat the same items over all day. Haven't you noticed that?

In the evening we get characters like Nancy Grace, Bill O'Reilly, Anderson Cooper, etc., who have their own style and picks of certaint topics they focus on, but they have producers and budgets and we only see them talk longer about the same news items for the most part, as well. Their questions are scripted and their discussions controlled by earpieces telling them what to say next.

"In depth" reporting passes for "investigative reporting" now. Nobody goes out and digs the story, they just make some phone calls and get some people to talk about the issues briefly and bang, next! From the best of these to the worst, there's not a lot of difference except in how much we like the messenger.

We've seen the Ramseys being coddled by no less that Barbara Walters, Larry King, Katie Couric, and Oprah Winfrey. Explain to me how these icons of TV journalism were completely taken in by the Ramseys? Because their bosses dictated the tone, the legal issues, and what the public got. Where did this come from? From the Ramsey's lawyers, for starters. Who were they? Think about how quickly Hunter crumbled for Hadden. How eager Lacy was to please Team Ramsey. This is a power club and the Ramseys were paying guests.

Remember that Christian Broadcast Channel, where that minister really thought he'd make a splash drilling the Ramseys? He gave it his best and asked them harder questions than most, I'll give him that. But the Ramseys practically chuckled at him. "You think you're going to crack US?" I could fairly hear them thinking. "What if we did murder our daughter?" John Ramsey answered one accusatory question, smiling! With Patsy smiling beside him! It made me gasp.

If there's one thing that is clear to me and has been for at least five years now, it's that the Ramseys are and have been well connected and powerfully protected. That costs big money. That takes immense power. Lockheed Martin power.

The Ramseys are not worried. They just hate that they can't control US. HA!! It's the one remaining, uncensored information system available to hear and seek the truth: THE INTERNET.

It's why we're here. The Ramsey Puppeteers may control what the public hears and thinks through broadcast media, but the truth can still be found online. For now, anyway.

4. VP

VP Member

Excellent

Wow KK, that was just excellent. I usually skim anything longer than 3 paragraphs, but I savoured every word -- you are exactly on the money.

The only thing I would add is that when someone like Lin Wood promises interviews when case news is breaking, Nancy Grace forgets all about "justice" and "the truth".

One hell of a post KK.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  5. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you Tricia for posting this information. I hear nothing in Canada relating to the JonBenét Ramsey case. I sincerely hope Stan Garret can continue with the investigation of this case without any harm coming to him.

6. VP

VP Member

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

You shouldn't need Itunes--are you Mac or PC? If PC, left click on the link and select "save target as" and it will download to your desktop. Then you can click on the file and play it.

Notice Wood whines about Burke being "exposed to information" on the death of his sister! How odd! Pretty much tells me the cops wanted to talk about Mommy and Daddy! In other words, Wood wouldn't be so huffy puffy if the BPD wanted to talk intruder!

Man that is quite a "vendetta" Beckner has against poor John Ramsey. JR hasn't spent one second in prison despite the fact he had a dead child in his locked home with a staged crime scene. I think a lot of convicted felons would love to be under that kind of vendetta.

8. VP

VP Member

On a PC I right click.....but there is nothing saying "save target as" when I right click on download. It might be google chrome - I'll try with IE.

9. VP

VP Member

IE worked, the chrome player was the problem. Thanks! Going to listen now...

10. Tricia

I stop whatever I am doing to read KK"s posts. Fully agree VP.

11. koldkase

The only good news for this case is that time marches on, and the players fall by the wayside sooner or later. Nobody lives forever.

Therefore, nobody is going to keep an iron grip on this case forever.

Stan Garnett obviously somehow got in the door once Team Ramsey aged out. If you've lived long enough, you know how that works. People have their time at bat, then they fade away. Their issues, triumphs, and failtures pass as the next generation take their places. What happened 10 years ago is ancient history in our fast moving world.

Hadden's law firm long ago left the case, once Hunter announced he wouldn't be indicting "anyone" after the grand jury was done. A firm like that has hundreds of clients--crime doesn't sleep. Ramsey who?

Lou Smit is gone. He wanted fresh eyes? The new generation of detectives is a lifetime ahead of Lou Smit. They grew up on DNA and science and crime scene processing far more advanced than at any time in human history. They know they can't shoot crap out of their mouths about fake evidence and hold onto their jobs. They don't want to be the one who blew the case in court testimony, which could be aired on TV and end up making or breaking their careers. They are cautious and professional. You won't hear any of them asking a suspect to swear to god he didn't do t. :rolleyes:

Alex Hunter has been felled by a fate second only to wrapping up your child in a blanket and laying her in the basement. He won't be making any more deals with the defense...or the devil.

Mary Lacy is in private practice now, and she can't open her mouth about this case without other D.A.s giving her the Bronx salute. Her level of incompetence and corruption and the bad light it cast on them has come back to bite her at last. The Denver DA recently said, "She clearly had an agenda...." She was plain wrong in her "exoneration" of the Ramseys, he said, not her job. [approx. quotes] Current D.A.s can't distance themselves from her fast enough.

Lin Wood is not in criminal law, and his days of intimidating Boulder LE are over, as well. His last manuevers shamed the B. D.A.s Office into completely breaking with Team Ramsey once Garnett got the job and knew he had to try to steer it back to credibility. (Good luck with that.)

Patsy's gone. John is not far from 70. Burke ain't saying nothing to nobody.

Beckner is really the last major holdout from the beginning still directly invested in the case. And I think we all know how he feels about having to either frequently defend his PD while Lacy and her gang publicly attacked them for 8 years or hold his piece and smile through gritted teeth as Lacy made them all look even more foolish with Ramsey takeovers of the case and PERV Karr and nonsensical "exonerations."

I guess what I'm saying is that the people who ruined this case are no longer in position to control it anymore. Now it's in the hands of competent, young blood, and they want to prove their mettle. If and when that good old boy club of corruption begins to weigh on them, we will never know. But there may still be a grudge here or there, an old score left to settle lurking in the shadows. As the Ramsey's influence and power wain, maybe someone is just waiting...waiting to get some revenge with impunity against those who cost so many so much.

So maybe one day in the not so far future, the truth will come out at long last. Probably secretly sold to the tabs by jams' relations, who will be more interested in the money and won't care how incriminating it is against the Ramseys, whom they probably resented for years anyway. *grin*

12. koldkase

Oh, gosh. Well, you haven't gotten anything done lately, then. I've been on a tear. I keep thinking that this is going to over any minute and that's all we're ever going to hear, so it's all going to fade away.

I've been thinking that for 4 years now, since Patsy died. Shows you how much I know.

13. VP

VP Member

Well this was excellent also but my ambien was kicking in before I could tell you so. "Not the truth from the Ramsey's point of view, but the truth based on the evidence." Perfect.

I read an article the other day about the case, at the end, the author writes... "Patsy Ramsey died without ever knowing who the real killer is". I thought maybe your final words were a twist on this laughable statement...lol.

14. koldkase

Just a bump for Show Me and a note about another KHOW interview done the next day with Craig Silverman: Lin Wood came on by his little self and threw a hissy fit, said Mark Beckner should be fired, and of course, he's going SUE!

So Cherokee renamed him Sue. That's L. Sue Wood. I like it! :yes:

If you haven't heard the one with DA Garnett, you really should. And listen all the way through, because they divert to a political race here and there, but they go back to the Ramsey case and the second discussion is good, too. It might be my all time fav radio show on this case: RAMSEYS NOT CLEARED...AGAIN. Plus, Dan and Craig diss Lacy and Hunter big time as DA nincompoops--apparently an opinion widely held in Colorado because of their handling of this case. Makes me smile just to write that.

Here's the link again (just keep scrolling down to the show descriptions):

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=fullshows_capsil.xml

15. Learnin

Learnin Member

Very good, kk! I certainly agree that most of the mainstream media has crumbled to the Ramsey power machine, spouting untruths and things which have been proven wrong many years ago. Yet, once in a while, you get some person who throws in a wrench like Wendy Murphy did on Nancy Grace when Mary Lacy issued that exoneration. On CNN the other night, I believe, some gentleman said the DNA evidence, in this case, was worth little. You could tell he thought the Ramseys were probably good for this crime.

I just think most of em are scared of the power machine and, since no one can definitely say who did what, a network, or anchorman, is an easy target for Wood if you cast suspicion and can't back it up.

16. Thor

Thor Active Member

Wood needs to get kicked in the head by his horse. Maybe he'll get amnesia and forget all about the Ramseys.

17. koldkase

Oh, no, Thor! Don't wish that on the poor horse. Wood would probably just sue it!

18. koldkase

I agree. Wood only goes after the deep pockets, and I imagine the lawyers of the news org's. have made it clear they need to steer clear of those co$tly water$.

19. Tricia

It is true that Wood only goes after deep pockets.

Look at FFJ and Websleuths. We post the hard core truth, much worse than anything he has sued anyone else for, and he ignores us.

He knows we're broke. LOL. Plus Even L, Sue Wood wouldn't take on the first amendment where the Internet is concerned.

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

LOL. Has South Park ever done an LW sketch? Loads of potential there methnks :)

LW sleeps in - sues alarm clock company
    LW brushes teeth, sees a spot of blood in his spit - sues toothbrush company
    LW chokes on his cornflakes - sues cereal company....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice