Burke Ramsey has no interest in answering questions

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by madeleine_ws, Oct 15, 2010.

1. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/15/jonbenet.ramsey.investigation/index.html

Supporters of the family call it harassment. The brother, Burke Ramsey, has no interest in once again answering questions he has answered for many investigators many times, said the attorney, Lin Wood, of Atlanta, Georgia.

And yet the mere hint of activity in one of the nation's most famous cold cases has headlines swirling.

So, what's the story this time? Burke Ramsey was the 9-year-old brother of JonBenet who, by all accounts, slept soundly in his room that Christmas in 1996 while his sister's skull was fractured and she was strangled elsewhere in the house.

Now, he's 23, and although police investigators aren't talking, the family's lawyer is. Wood said police investigators approached Burke Ramsey on his college campus in the spring, gave him a business card and said that if he wanted to talk about the case, they'd like to hear from him.

Investigators, no doubt, are hoping that locked in Burke's memory is some clue that could crack the case; maybe it's a detail that he was afraid to mention as a child or as a teenager but that he now wants to discuss.

But police will have to keep waiting. Wood says his client has declined their latest request to talk.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Amazing the tiny detail Wood leaves out.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Okay, I'll bite: which tiny detail are you referencing?

There are so many tiny details in this case, I'm not sure.

I thought the CNN segment with Anderson Cooper and his guest Foreman and Toobin was surprisingly balanced. Foreman even said the DNA could be artifact from some source other than a killer, in so many words. That's unusual at this point for the press.

Thanks for posting this, madeleine. I missed it. The article is yet another Ramsey spin effort that is an EPIC FAIL: the Ramseys once again REFUSE TO COOPERATE WITH LE. Who woulda' thunk it?

4. BobC

I'm not being dramatic, it is all there in the three articles published on this matter. Wood is extremely skilled at making something sound like something it never was.

5. Learnin

Learnin Member

I thought it was a balanced presentation, also. A couple of points:

1. I find it hard to believe that THREE Boulder detectives traveled 1200 miles to walk up to Burke, hand him a card, and ask him to contact them if he'd like to talk. If that's all you wanted, wouldn't you just give him a ring?????
    Three detectives, making contact in person. Nah, there's more to it than that. I say there was more than: "Contact us if you would like to talk." I would say it was rather: "We'd like to ask you some questions." Secondly, I think they wanted to guage his reaction and body language.

2. I guess it's the first time I saw the video but: Why is Patsy going in to the Boulder Memorial Service in the arms of another lady and John is being led, arm in arm, by the Rev.H?

6. Tez

Tez Member

Well for some reason this just doesn't surprise me! Does it surprise any of you?

7. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with all you're saying here, Learnin, but I think Burke Ramsey is being guarded like a hawk in a steel cage.

8. koldkase

No. The surprise, and it probably would give me a heart attack, would be if the Ramseys said, Oh, sure, we'd love to help you find the killer of our beloved JonBenet! What do you need? Where do I go? What can I do to help?

Also, if Lin Wood ever learned to keep his mean trap shut, that would be a shocker, too.

Wood appeared on the Colorado/Denver (?) Caplis, Silverman radio show last week by himself, as well, and said he is going to sue the BPD--again.

Oh, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUE THE BPD!!

Depositions under oath! Leaks! Let's see ol' Wood hand those out! :beats:

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Oh for crying out loud, not THAT threat again! :banghead: Lin Wood cannot open his mouth without the word "SUE" coming out. It might as well be his middle name.

And just what is old Lin Sue going to base his frivolous lawsuit on THIS time? The BPD trying to do their job and solve the Ramsey case? Well, we can't have THAT, can we?

10. koldkase

A lawyer named Sue Wood? :floor:

Heck, I'm kind of enjoying watching the Ramseys REFUSE AGAIN to cooperate with the BPD. It's been 14 years! Deja Vu all over again!

Love the repeat excuses coming out of the RST, too: they don't blame the Ramseys; no reason for the Ramseys to talk to the BPD; they have all the evidence they need already, just wait for a DNA hit and the intruder will magically appear one day; it's only been 14 years, what's the rush; mean old BPD bullies, how dare they; THEY'RE OUT TO GET THE RAMSEYS!

I swear, I feel like I'm in a time warp.

11. BobC

This is the oldest PR trick in the book--carry on and on about how cooperative you are when you really are anything but. The Ramseys have been playing this game for years.

Reminds me of when LaToya Jackson started accusing her father Joseph of sexually molesting her and other family members, back in the mid 90's. The Jackson family told the press LaToya was making it all up, so LaToya's sinister husband/manager kept blathering to the press that LaToya would take a lie detector test "any time, anywhere." So finally some French TV show wanted to have LaToya on, and hook her up to a polygraph on live TV, and have her answer questions about her allegations. It came time to do the show, and suddenly Jack Gordon (hubby/manager) demanded $100k, rather than the previously agreed upon $50K, and the producers said no way. next Jack went around crowing about how cooperative LaToya was, when it was really a big scam.

12. koldkase

Off topic for this thread, sorry, but...

BobC, I was thinking about you last night....

Oh, don't get the wrong idea. I'm too old for those fantasies anymore. :winko:

But I was wondering about your comment that you remember people discussing the "dolls" found in the cellar room long ago online.

I have copies of a lot of those old threads I got from ACR years ago, from the old BNF, Joshua, JW forums, etc. So my question to you is, do you remember anything about when or where those discussions might have taken place? What the hats were? Possible year? Forum? Who the source might have been? That kind of thing, to help me narrow down a search?

The reason I ask is that I have many years of threads, so just looking one by one in thousands of files is a bit unreasonable.

Anything you remember would help. Thanks in advance.

Back to topic.... :blush:

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

People who had their a member of their family murdered BEG the police to do anything years and years down the road....but not the Ramseys! To heck with 'that child'. Why should we answer a few questions to help find the killer? Way too much trouble.

Of course Wood wants to sue...he's a media ho! Wood thrives on his celebrity. Besides it's been awhile since the Ramseys sued/settled with anyone and I'm sure JR needs the money since he doesn't work and can't get elected.

Has the Ramsey talk show money machine circuit started yet?

14. koldkase

Good news for John Ramsey: he did get a job. It's on another thread around here. Mike Bynum is also working for the same company--some kind of uranium mining company out of Utah. John's in PR/MARKETING. If you can believe that!

Lin Wood was on a radio show out of Colorado last week or so. He's all fired up! How dare they! Mark Beckner ought to be fired! He's suing! Dan Caplis and Craig Silverman are the talk radio hosts, KHOW or some such. You can listen to a recording of it. Click on the thread with their name and click on the radio show link and you can also hear the show the day before Lin appeared, when new DA Garnett officially UNCLEARED the Ramseys. That is one of my all time favorite radio shows, I must say. The hosts/lawyers Craig and Dan talk about what a joke Lacy and Hunter are now considered in the legal community. LOVE IT.

I doubt we'll be hearing from John on TV. He just doesn't have the ability to look innocent when he's smiling inappropriately while discussing his murdered daughter and dead wife. Burke won't go there, pal, because he doesn't want to become a public figure, for one, and he's not the media champ his mother was, either. He might slip up and say something incriminating when he gets asked some sticky questions. I don't expect to ever see him on TV. Lin Wood can speak for JR and Burke just fine. Maybe the BPD should interview Wood.

15. Show Me

So John did get a job...in PR/Marketing! Hah! Guess he has no problems answering his customer's questions.

Just don't go there pal and ask him any questions that might find the killer of his daughter.

I believe John doesn't want the murder solved either and so he doesn't want Burke to answer any questions of the BPD.

I think Wood threatens to sue Beckner every few years.

Good for Gardner to 'unclear' the Ramseys. Wonder how haircurtains is taking the news?

Thanks for the info KK.

16. koldkase

Oh, Lacy has already taken a few pot shots at Garnett. I believe she basically said Garnett doesn't know anything about the case. Kind of like herself, I guess, a la PERV Karr.

17. Show Me

Oh yeah Lacy was right on with Karr....NOT!

With not one shred of evidence other than a rambling confession she all but declared the Ramsey case closed.

Wonder who paid her off...or was she simply that STUPID?

Garnett better ignore the ignorant delusional Lacy...she's not worth a second of his time.

18. BobC

Showme--yup, you got it! That whole CO Democratic machine was protecting the Ramsey's from Day One and they still are. "Garnett doesn't know this case" my azz. That hare-brained hack Lacy is just embarrassed that she was made a complete fool of over Karr--and the best part was that she was completely, 100% to blame for it.

So your question is a pertinent one: Is she just profoundly stupid-- or evil, dirty and bought off?

Maybe all the above? I mean come on, if you want to clear the Ramseys, you PICK KARR?

19. Show Me

Yeah Karr was a convinent patsy (no pun intended).

I dunno BobC, I'm torn between bought off or completely stupid.

Maybe we should have a poll?

Was Lacy:
    A: Bought off
    B: A complete idiot
    C: Desperate for media attention

20. BobC

Show-- I recall getting a phone call from a friend the afternoon that the story broke that Karr had been arrested for the murder of Jonbenet Ramsey. I was astonished since, as most of us here know, all of the real evidence in this case points straight to the Ramseys. I couldn't believe that I could have been so wrong about where the evidence pointed. Then, as a few more phone calls came and went, I realized that nobody, NOBODY, could produce one sliver of evidence that Karr ever even stepped foot in Boulder the year of the murder, let alone Christmas night. I kept waiting and waiting for something to come to light that linked Karr to the crime scene that night--and that's when I got :(:(:(:(ed.

Now how is it that just a dummy off the street like me asked the most central, obvious question, but Mary Lacy, obviously, never did?

She supposedly based everything on Karr's knowledge of "evidence that has never been released to the media." Of course, later many of us learned that this "unreleased evidence" was common knowledge to anybody following this case. All that idiot woman would have had to do was contact somebody like Tricia or me, and we would have told her. I have had dozens of reporters, over the years, contact me to ask about certain evidence in this case--and I am sure Tricia, Candy and others have had the same experience. All you have to do is ask.

But Lacy never did. And now she is saying Garnett doesn't "know the case?"

Puh-leeeze. That is a stupid woman.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice