Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
    Sooooooo...what do you think KK?
    Lacy is...

A: Bought off
    B: A complete idiot
    C: Desperate for media attention

Unless BobC corrects me I think there are 2 votes for Complete idiot.
    All of the above?
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Ditto! ALL OF THE ABOVE! ex D.A. Mary Lacy will never live down being the No.1 idiot of the year when it comes to the fiasco of the John Mark Carr story. When is the movie being made?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I'm voting "All of the above."

Incompetent and corrupt is implied in "Bought off" and "A complete idiot", right?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Dee, Elle and KK...you got me. I have to agree...give me a D!

Lacy is...

A: Bought off
    B: A complete idiot
    C: Desperate for media attention
    D: All of the above

3 for All of the above....and I'd like to change my vote. Make it 4 for all of the above.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

You can have an agenda--say, for arguments sake--clearing the Ramseys because people in your political party are connected through business deals. That would be self-interest bordering on evil. But picking someone like Karr to pin it on? That is PURE STUPID. The sad thing is so much of the press immediately picked up on it and made it real.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    You can have an agenda--say, for arguments sake--clearing the Ramseys because people in your political party are connected through business deals. That would be self-interest bordering on evil. But picking someone like Karr to pin it on? That is PURE STUPID. The sad thing is so much of the press immediately picked up on it and made it real.
    And who owns the major media outlets now? Let me think, let me think....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

I'm bumping this since I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic. I hope this wasn't addressed somewhere on one of threads concerning Kolar's book but:

Since Kolar was present at the cold case task force assembled after Garnett handed the case back to Boulder police, and since Kolar presented his theory,
    can we conclude that Boulder police wanted to question Burke because of what Kolar presented?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I'm bumping this since I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic. I hope this wasn't addressed somewhere on one of threads concerning Kolar's book but:

Since Kolar was present at the cold case task force assembled after Garnett handed the case back to Boulder police, and since Kolar presented his theory,
    can we conclude that Boulder police wanted to question Burke because of what Kolar presented?
    Entirely possible. But, Burke has "no interest" in talking to them.....

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Burke is a dead end (no pun intended). He could not have been prosecuted for the crime, assuming he did the initial head injury, since he was 9 years old. He is immune now - if he were innocent, and had information, he could choose to cooperate, but he is not compelled to cooperate. And if he is guilty, why in the world would the BPD think that he would answer any more questions?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I think that is a fair assumption. And as the case has no one assigned to it, I think that fair assumption has even more likelihood of being correct.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I think that is a fair assumption. And as the case has no one assigned to it, I think that fair assumption has even more likelihood of being correct.
    If that be the case, and it is likely, does any one have an idea as to what Kolar presented which made BPD want to talk with BR? Do you think it was covered in his book or did Kolar leave some point out of the book which was even more incriminating?

If that be the case, and it is likely, does any one have an idea as to what Kolar presented which made BPD want to talk with BR? Do you think it was covered in his book or did Kolar leave some point out of the book which was even more incriminating?
    I don't think we'll ever know if he left something more incriminating out but IMO what he presented in his book would be enough to warrant another meeting with Burke.

Even with all the evidence we have from ST's book and others and now Chief Kolars there is still more we don't know about. I wish he would have just given it all up especially since he knows there will never be a prosecution in this case but I suppose he would have gotten in big trouble if he did that.