Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Have you read the whole book already, Karen?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't think we'll ever know if he left something more incriminating out but IMO what he presented in his book would be enough to warrant another meeting with Burke.

Even with all the evidence we have from ST's book and others and now Chief Kolars there is still more we don't know about. I wish he would have just given it all up especially since he knows there will never be a prosecution in this case but I suppose he would have gotten in big trouble if he did that.
    Me too! If he had good legal help, who cares what they do to him? I mean, can you imagine the publicity for the case?? JonBenet would be vindicated at last! And Hunter and Lacy would get some scrutiny after all these years. Maybe they aren't out of the statute of limitations.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Me too! If he had good legal help, who cares what they do to him? I mean, can you imagine the publicity for the case?? JonBenet would be vindicated at last! And Hunter and Lacy would get some scrutiny after all these years. Maybe they aren't out of the statute of limitations.
    Good legal help costs lots of money and a trial could last years. Kolar already used money from his retirement fund to publish the book to get the truth out there and show what Lacy did. That money may never be paid back. Kolar is still working as the chief of police in a small Colorado town. He is not independently wealthy. Look what the Ramseys did to Steve Thomas, and he had the backing (and lawsuit insurance) of a major publisher.

If Kolar told all, not only would he be looking at lawsuits from Lacy, John Ramsey, etc., it's conceivable Lacy and others in Colorado would use their influence to have him arrested on some pretext. Lacy threatened that very thing in her letter to him.

Kolar had his book vetted by a lawyer, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a risk in what he did. He could still be sued; we see frivolous lawsuits every day in America, and he knows it. Just putting a lawyer on retainer for a lawsuit costs thousands of dollars. James Kolar did a very brave thing with what he DID publish.

Yes, we'd all love to know more, but Kolar has said he hopes his book will prompt someone else to reveal what they know. I believe he's hoping for a domino effect. He has done what he can to reveal the truth, now it's time for another case player to step forward, and another, etc. It's like chipping at a brick wall. Steve Thomas did what he could. James Kolar has done what he could.

Who will be the next courageous person that helps tear down the Ramsey-built wall that surrounds truth in this case?

You speak the truth, Cherokee! Great Post!

Good question:
    Cherokee:
    Who will be the next courageous person that helps tear down the Ramsey-built wall that surrounds truth in this case?
    Who do you think would be the first person to step forward?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Good legal help costs lots of money and a trial could last years. Kolar already used money from his retirement fund to publish the book to get the truth out there and show what Lacy did. That money may never be paid back. Kolar is still working as the chief of police in a small Colorado town. He is not independently wealthy. Look what the Ramseys did to Steve Thomas, and he had the backing (and lawsuit insurance) of a major publisher.

If Kolar told all, not only would he be looking at lawsuits from Lacy, John Ramsey, etc., it's conceivable Lacy and others in Colorado would use their influence to have him arrested on some pretext. Lacy threatened that very thing in her letter to him.

Kolar had his book vetted by a lawyer, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a risk in what he did. He could still be sued; we see frivolous lawsuits every day in America, and he knows it. Just putting a lawyer on retainer for a lawsuit costs thousands of dollars. James Kolar did a very brave thing with what he DID publish.

Yes, we'd all love to know more, but Kolar has said he hopes his book will prompt someone else to reveal what they know. I believe he's hoping for a domino effect. He has done what he can to reveal the truth, now it's time for another case player to step forward, and another, etc. It's like chipping at a brick wall. Steve Thomas did what he could. James Kolar has done what he could.

Very good points, Cherokee, and I know that he has no protection per se. I just get so frustrated and impatient for JonBenet's justice to come NOW!! I'd be willing to contribute to Kolar's legal defense fund but I don't have the deep pockets of a John Ramsey...

Edited to add: If the affadavit that is in the book is indeed legal, then Burke Ramsey has truly been cleared of the murder, and if someone accused him now, I suppose they could be sued for slander and libel?

Good question about the next person to step forward. We'll be waiting impatiently. One person we KNOW it WON'T be...Susan Bennett AKA Jameson.
    Last edited by heymom; August 3, 2012, 6:07 pm at Fri Aug 3 18:07:44 UTC 2012.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

But it's okay to answer Dr. Phil's questions......
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."