Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Fellow posters, I'm bumping this thread since Kolar's book has since come out and since we now know the GJ voted to indict. I want to provide a quote about the Dust Doctor that I think is extremely relevant:

Palenik has been vacuuming dust for 50 years. As a child, he spent hours emptying the family vacuum cleaner and analyzing its contents. He used a microscope to trace the origins of the debris: Did it come from the kitchen or bathroom? Did it belong to his mother or father? He didn’t know it then, but he was following a theory called Locard’s Exchange Principle. It’s the primary tenet known to every scientist in the forensic field: any contact leaves a trace. Or, as Palenik explains it: “Whenever two objects come into contact, there is always a transfer of material.”

I have always been attracted to that statement, included in ST's book, where he states the coroner noticed dust and lint on JBR's feet when he entered the house and first viewed the body.

Since Kolar has written the book, and is discussing the case, I propose that, if Tricia or anyone is able to interview him again, that Kolar be questioned about this Dust Doctor's report and about the dust that was on JBR's feet.
    Please note the bolded statement about the Dust Doctor. Evidently, he is able to determine whether dust comes from the kitchen or bathroom, etc.

Lastly. How much lint and dust was on JBR's feet. If there was considerable lint and dust on the soles of JBR's feet, this tells me that the longjohns were not removed or put on JBR after she sustained the head wound. Tight leggings, being pulled off the feet, would pull off all that dust and lint or the vast majority of it.

This lint and dust question, IMO, is of crucial importance and I'm sure that Kolar must have read the Dust Doctor's report.
    Gosh, he must have been a very strange child. I mean, I'm glad for his expertise and all, but can you imagine what his parents must have been thinking??
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Gosh, he must have been a very strange child. I mean, I'm glad for his expertise and all, but can you imagine what his parents must have been thinking??
    I would imagine the microscope came first and then the need to have something to examine. I remember getting my first microscope. My cousin and I used to hunt for things to examine. But, yea, vacuuming and emptying the bag, well, that's taking it a whole step further.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post

Yes,hm, if this had been one of my sons emptying the vacuum cleaner and browsing through the dust when they were very young, I would have been very concerned. Hope it wasn't on the dining room table (?)
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I would imagine the microscope came first and then the need to have something to examine. I remember getting my first microscope. My cousin and I used to hunt for things to examine. But, yea, vacuuming and emptying the bag, well, that's taking it a whole step further.
    My younger son had his scope while we were building our swimming pool. The rain water that collected at the bottom before it was completed yielded some interesting views...not as nasty as we imagined it would be, however.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Yes,hm, if this had been one of my sons emptying the vacuum cleaner and browsing through the dust when they were very young, I would have been very concerned. Hope it wasn't on the dining room table (?)
    I'm a pretty relaxed housekeeper, and very into science and learning, but I think even I would have had to intervene in that process. If his mom allowed him to carry this out inside the house, the woman is a saint.

Red face

But...but IF he was the one who actually did the vacuuming that wouldn't be all bad would it? LOL
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

i'm a relaxed house-cleaner too. In fact, sometimes I lapse into a coma.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    i'm a relaxed house-cleaner too. In fact, sometimes I lapse into a coma.
    LOL!

On the other hand, my house is So clean you can have your gall bladder removed in my kitchen. My house looks like nobody really lives here.

My grandsons have inherited my love of housework. When my 6-year old grandson was 2, he came though the front door of my new house for the first time, asking "Nana, where are my brooms?" 6 am the next morning (I NEVER get up that early) there he is at my bedside asking "Can I vacuum?" I gave him my Swiffer stick vac- the battery operated kind that you put the dry Swiffers on the bottom. It was a REAL vacuum, not a toy like his toy Dyson, and he looked at it lovingly- he said "I've been waiting all my life for a vacuum like this". All his life- all TWO YEARS of it!
    Now, my daughter makes them vacuum all the time, as his 3-year old brother also loves to clean. They also like to dust. And the love to shovel snow! When they are teens, they might not think it is fun anymore, so we have to make the most of it.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Not me!! My house looks like it got sucked through a Flobee!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    What an interesting and terrific post Learnin. Let's hope it will be acknowledged and Chief Kolar can provide the answer. I'm always learning something new when I read about this case. Thank you for bumping this thread. I will read through the posts!
    You're welcome, Elle. And thanks for your kind comments.

I've always thought that this dust and lint evidence is one of the most important pieces of evidence in this case outside of the pineapple and ransom note. If there was, indeed, dust and lint on the soles of JBR's feet,
    then, it would give LE a huge clue as to where JBR was standing last, or shortly before, being struck. I've always wondered if this is one of the
    reasons ST was trying to find some object in JBR's bathroom that could
    have caused the head wound.

I'm, also, convinced that, if there was ample dust on the sole of JBR's feet, then, it's a cinch that the longjohns were not placed on, or taken off of, JBR after first blow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    LOL!

On the other hand, my house is So clean you can have your gall bladder removed in my kitchen. My house looks like nobody really lives here.

My grandsons have inherited my love of housework. When my 6-year old grandson was 2, he came though the front door of my new house for the first time, asking "Nana, where are my brooms?" 6 am the next morning (I NEVER get up that early) there he is at my bedside asking "Can I vacuum?" I gave him my Swiffer stick vac- the battery operated kind that you put the dry Swiffers on the bottom. It was a REAL vacuum, not a toy like his toy Dyson, and he looked at it lovingly- he said "I've been waiting all my life for a vacuum like this". All his life- all TWO YEARS of it!
    Now, my daughter makes them vacuum all the time, as his 3-year old brother also loves to clean. They also like to dust. And the love to shovel snow! When they are teens, they might not think it is fun anymore, so we have to make the most of it.
    That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life! It just goes to show you - the cleaning gene is either there or it's not. But I tell you what - if one is not a clean freak to start with, and then gets yelled at or worse, the silent treatment from a clean freak family member, you can kiss any possibility at cleaning goodbye!

In Patsy's case, I would say the cleaning gene was NOT there...She was a Messy for sure, even with the help of a maid who came every other day. But then she also had the "To the Manor Born" syndrome - someone else could pick up after Burke's whittling mess, for example.

I do wonder if the dust on JonBenet's feet (if there were any) would have come from the blanket she was wrapped in, or the basement floor.

I don't suppose we could ask Chief Kolar about this?