This is an inside job

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

These words were uttered almost immediately after John brought his daughter's body from basement. If John knew that his daughter was dead before he discovered her body(and I believe he knew because he headed almost straight for the one room you would look at last-or not at all), then, he had a motive for speaking these words: "This is an inside job."

This may have been discussed here, before, but I'd like to stir the subject up and see what others might think.

What did John mean by an "inside job"?
    If he thought it was an inside job, why didn't he go down to police headquarters, immediately, and try to catch the SOB insider?

It seems to me that saying it was an "inside job", you narrow the field down to family and close acquaintances. If John was part of a coverup, who do you think he was trying to implicate?

2. Elle

Elle Member

Here's a recap from Steve Thomas "JonBenét" Learnin!

<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

3. Karen

Karen Member

I think he was trying to implicate the housekeeper, just as they did when they wrote the note.

4. Tez

Tez Member

I think you might be right Karen.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I agree. LHP was the first person Patsy mentioned to LE when asked who had a key to the house. Patsy also told LE that LHP had asked to borrow money. They were setting LHP up to take the hit for this right from the first. YET, the note threw around some other "hints"- mentioning that silly SFF, also mentioning the exact amount of JR's bonus to hint at a disgruntled employee or business associate.

6. Learnin

Learnin Member

Yea, I'm beginning to think this more and more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, didn't the H-Pughs have similar type of cord at their home and have some of Patsy's writing tablets there? The R's probably knew about the writing tablet, as PR probably gave her some, but, do you think that they might have borrowed some of that cord from the R's and this is why they used it? Or could the H-Pughs have brought some of that cord to the R's and left some there?

7. Karen

Karen Member

I don't think the Hoffman-Pughs had anything whatsoever to do with the cord, duct tape or anything else the Rams used in the crime and staging. I just think poor Linda was working for the wrong family who didn't seem to count her as a person so much as the "cleaning lady" who could be thrown under the bus and not much missed by anyone, certainly not them. She had everything they needed for a likely suspect of a kidnapping. She was poor, she had asked to borrow money recently, Patsy claimed right away that Linda was the only person in Colorado who had a key. I think Patsy claimed right away also that the handwriting on the ransom note looked just like the "cleaning ladys." She was expendable to them so they set her up, IMO. Too bad she never got to write that book. She probably had a lot of juicy details about the inner workings of the Ramsey family.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Hypothetically, I don't think "they"wrote the note Karen. Patsy Ramsey wrote this note by herself. I think John Ramsey was brought into the act after JonBenét Ramsey had been accidentally killed by Patsy. I think this accounts for his strange behaviour and absence the morning of the 26th December, 1996, when Linda Arndt was abandoned by the Boulder Police. The Ramsey couldn't have had it any better.

I don't think John Ramsey had any choice but to go along with the scenario he was confronted with that fateful morning.

9. Learnin

Learnin Member

They were definitely easy ones to throw under the bus.

10. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

This sentence struck me as if I'd not heard it before: "The panicked Fleet White ran up the stairs, grabbed a telephone and punched in a few numbers, then hung up."

Ummm do we know who he called? And a few numbers...hmmm. Who do you think he was calling? All their friends were already there. Were his phone records ever reviewed? With the police already there (but not acting very efficiently) who could he have been trying to reach?

I think I'd better go back and reread ST book. There are a lot of little things that I've forgotten over all these years.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

MY impression is that he grabbed a R house phone, but changed his mind as he was dialing. Yes, I'd LOVE to know who and why. Was his wife there that morning, too? Probably not- BR had been taken to FW's that morning, so she was probably home with her kids and BR. I'd love to hear her observations on BR's behavior at her home that morning.

12. Karen

Karen Member

Well wasn't there a trap put on the Ramsey home phone? My impression also was that he picked up the home phone and tried to call 911. Right after hanging up he yelled for "somebody call 911!" I've always thought he couldn't use the phone he was trying to use because of the trap and so he hung up and yelled out for somebody else to make the call. IIRC Priscilla was there at the Ramseys with all of the rest of them at that time. They had houseguests that were there for the Christmas holidays who were watching Fleet Jr. and Daphne at their home.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thanks, Karen. I wasn't sure about PW.
    As far as a trap on the line, I don't recall seeing that there was one, but it is SOP for kidnappings so maybe there was. No call came in anyway, and it is the calls BEFORE the 911 that are most important in determining when or if the Rs called anyone in the middle of the night, after JB died but before the 911 call.

14. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

It IS an inside job

I just wanted to put this here in case I need it and maybe people are interested in reading this.
    I know that most of you guys are PDI's but I am convinced now more than ever that JR has all the clues to this mistery and everything was pretty much about HIM.

PMPT/pg 312:
    "In answer to reporters questions,he(John Douglas) said he had been hired to determine whether John Ramsey was capable of killing Jonbenet,at time when,according to Douglas,Ramsey's attorney's weren't sure if their client was innocent." (CLIENT NOT CLIENTS)

------------------------------------

And in 1997, former FBI profiler John Douglas was hired by the Ramseys attorneys to help in a possible legal defense.

Douglas: I came to a very quick resolution that they’re barking up the wrong tree. This investigation is going in the wrong direction here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14429987/

---------------------------

Jan. 30, 1997-

There's an old adage that goes something like this: Actions speak louder than words. In the criminal field, there's a time-tested twist to the adage: Behavior is more telling than words.

But former FBI profiler John Douglas, who has worked for the family in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case, seems to have veered from that old principle.

In his interview with "Dateline NBC" this week, Douglas has said that "his heart" tells him that JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy, weren't involved in her murder. And he relies heavily on his 4 1/2 hour interview with the couple to reach his conclusion, he said. If John Ramsey is a liar, Douglas said on national TV, he's one of the best.

But one of Douglas's former FBI colleagues, Gregg McCrary, watched the television interview with more than a passing interest. He turned down the job as the Ramsey family's profiler a couple of weeks ago. McCrary found some notable flaws in Douglas' profiling work for the Ramseys. NBC referred, without contradiction from Douglas, to the profiler's "interview with the parents for 4 1/2 hours."

McCrary said the parents should have been interviewed separately, not jointly, for the profiling work to be valid. "That's always the correct way to do this. It's fundamental," McCrary said. "You separate the people, you interview them independently, you lock them into statements and then you compare." To do otherwise virtually invalidates the effort, he said. And he wasn't impressed with Douglas' conclusion that John Ramsey is telling the truth. "I've talked to guilty offenders in the penitentiary, and some of them are so manipulative and persuasive that they almost have you believing they didn't do it," he told me yesterday.

Top-notch criminal profilers, he said, "always put more weight on behavior than on words. The behavior of the offender is much more telling than what he says later," McCrary said. And the behavior of JonBenet's killer speaks very, very loudly.

For instance, McCrary said evidence at the scene strongly disputes any theory that the killer may have been a disgruntled employee of Ramsey. "This crime was not about getting back at the father," said McCrary, who couldn't recall a case of "someone killing a kid to get back at a parent." He said the sexual assault of JonBenet "was a deviant, psychopathic sexual behavior, not an expression of anger at the father."

If revenge on the father had been a motive, McCrary said, "the killer would have displayed the body; he wouldn't have hidden it in the basement."
    The profiler said the body would have been placed in a manner "to shock and offend" John Ramsey if anger or hate or revenge had been the motive.

Additionally, he said that by assaulting JonBenet, killing her, taking her from an upper-floor bedroom to a far corner of the basement and writing a lengthy ransom note - all negated a revenge killing.

"If that had been the reason for a killer being in the house that night," McCrary said, "they would have killed the little girl and gotten out as fast as possible."

It's that behavior that a profiler puts most credence in, rather than in someone's words, according to McCrary. And McCrary comes with unusually good credentials. Douglas himself considers McCrary to be among "the top criminal profilers and investigative analysts in the world."

http://www.corpus-delicti.com/mccrary_jbr.html

-----------------------

Former FBI profiler John Douglas has conceded that the only briefing he received on the JonBenet Ramsey autopsy report came from the Ramsey family's lawyers.In a one-hour interview Thursday on Larry King Live, the criminal profiler hired by John and Patricia Ramsey to help solve their 6-year-old daughter's murder said his knowledge of her unfinished autopsy report is third-hand.
    "I was briefed by the attorneys'' representing the Ramseys, Douglas said.
    He said he has not seen the final report.
    This contradicts statements on Dateline NBC Tuesday night that Douglas had been briefed on the autopsy report. The next day, no officials connected to the murder investigation admitted having done so.
    Boulder County coroner John Meyer will ask at a Feb. 12 hearing in Boulder District Court to have the report sealed. It is not expected to be completed until then.
    Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Leslie Abramsom, who defended Erik and Lyle Menendez in the murders of their parents, was also a guest on King's show.
    "How could the defense attorneys be briefing Mr. Douglas on the autopsy when they don't have a report?'' she asked.
    When King repeated the questioned, Douglas answered, "You'd have to bring them on as a guest.''
    All calls to the Ramsey family's attorneys -- who were hired to conduct an independent investigation into the sexual assault and strangulation of the child -- are being referred to the family's spokesman, Patrick Korten.
    Korten could not be reached for comment Friday.
    Douglas defended his analysis concerning the murder of JonBenet, who was discovered in a remote room of her family's basement Dec. 26, about eight hours after her mother discovered a ransom note demanding $118,000 for the girl's safe return.
    "As long as you have someone -- you have a witness, someone can answer the questions that you need, you can do an analysis,'' Douglas said.
    Douglas has ruled out family members as suspects. Police have not publicly identified or eliminated any suspects.
    Douglas told King that he was limited in what he could say about the murder because he'd been told by the Ramseys' lawyers he may be called before a grand jury.
    There has been no indication, however, that Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter has convened a grand jury in the Ramsey case.
    And in Colorado, no one can be forced to testify before a grand jury unless they have first been granted immunity.

February 1, 1997

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0201jon.htm

7 A. The investigators were retained by our
    8 attorneys, and they stated to me that the
    9 principal purpose of those investigators was to
    10 prepare a defense in the case that the police
    11 might bring a charge against me.12 I hoped that they would also follow
    13 up on leads that came to us, but I was
    14 frequently reminded by our attorneys that their
    15 principal role was to prepare a defense should
    16 that be necessary.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you madeleine for posting this. It's good to go over the Douglas information again.

16. AMES

AMES Member

I agree. That is why Patsy said that the HK left notes for her sometimes on the same spiral staircase as the intruder left the RN.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Patsy was not entirely truthful. It was Patsy who left things on that spiral staircase for LHP. Not just notes about what she wanted the housekeeper to do, but Patsy left her handbags on those stairs for LHP to clean out. Patsy was accustomed to using that back staircase as a "message board".
    A real kidnapper would leave a note on the kid's bed or on the kitchen counter, anywhere but a back staircase when there was another "main" staircase in the house and you can't be sure which one they'd use that morning.

18. AMES

AMES Member

I agree. If it had of been a real kidnapping, it would have been left on her bed. The last place the Ramsey's say they saw her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice