Anybody see this National Enquirer?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Karen

Karen Member

I was just at Walmart and saw this National Enquirer by the checkstand. I don't normaly read or purchase these. I have't since Patsy died. The only thing that can make me buy one is if there is new Ramsey news. Well this article is about Burke and some of what he said in his 1998 interview when he was 11.
    According to this he says that is NOT his baseball bat. He pointed out his bat in pictures. And he says it doesn't belong to any kids in the neighborhood.
    Also he claims that is NOT his swiss army knife found in the cellar. He says he had two and he's still got two. One has his name on it and one one didn't, anyway he had them both at home so they were accounted for. This article also says John is who found the swiss army knife in the cellar.
    Hasn't anybody else seen this?????????????????

I just wanted to add there is a different picture of the basement, in color. At least it is new to me.

2. Elle

Elle Member

I don't buy Tabloids either, Karen, Haven't read the Enquirer in years, but like you, if it catches my attention it's in my hands. :) Thank you for letting us know!

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Oh for God's sake. Like Burke cataloged every baseball bat in city of Boulder.

Classic Ramsey dishonesty. Let me guess--they failed to mention that there was no blood, hair or fiber on the bat that belonged to Jonbenet? Kinda hard to smash someone's headin with a bat and not get anything on it. But you know, details, details..

4. Karen

Karen Member

Actually the article says "fibers were on the bat that came from the carpet near the basement room where JB's body was found."
    He stated the bat did not belong to any "neighbor kids." (Not the whole city of Boulder.)
    I don't know why you can't imagine a 9-11 year old boy wouldn't know which bat or mitt or whatever was his or which belonged to the "neighbor kids" they play with all the time. I raised two sons who played sports all through their school years. Believe me when I say they never mistook a piece of their own equipment for a teammates or neighbors. They know which stuff is thiers. Ownership is everything. I think this new information about the bat rings true or at the very least extremely possible.
    I believe it. However I don't believe necesarily it is the murder weapon. I'd have to see more evidence of that.
    It aslo said the police think the perp exited the house through the butler kitchen. Hmm, well maybe SOME police might think so. Not any books I've read though.
    Oh well. I thought this was a very interesting new bit of information. It's up to everyone to decide what to believe of course. This subject doesn't seem to be generating much discussion so I guess it's not nearly as interesting as I thought.

5. BobC

uhhhhh there was no carpet in the room Jonebenet was found in. To the best of my recollection there was no carpet in the basement at all.

So just what exactly does a carpet "near the basement room" mean? You mean on another floor?

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Karen, if you read carefully, the article is talking about Burke's LE interview back in '98. Maybe you know that, just wanted to clarify.

So there's nothing much new here. Except that horrible picture they have of Burke. I feel sorry for him; the look on his face, realizing he is being photographed by the tabs, is painful to see.

It also says Burke is working as a computer tech.

So now we're supposed to believe that:

• the killer brought a women's softball bat, and it's just coincidence Patsy was on a women's softball team John's company sponsored, though neither mentioned this little fact while disclaiming they had ever seen any bat like the one in that photo--for some odd reason; and the killer left it behind
    • the killer brought a Swiss knife, just like the two Burke owned; and then left that behind, as well
    • the killer wore Hi-tecs, just like Burke and JAR both had owned; but he's a stranger to the family
    • the killer brought rope; then left it behind in JAR's room
    • the killer forgot the ransom note, so sat down and wrote one with Patsy's pen, pad, in her handwriting and linguistic style, including personal family info he rummaged around the house to find for some reason; then left the body and the note behind
    • the killer staged the crime scene with duct tape put on after the child was either unconscious or dead, using cord to bind the wrists which did not in any meaningful way restrict her movement or ability to fight back
    • and he went out the basement window with the help of a suitcase to stand on, not the nearby chair; and then circled back around the house to drop the bat on the other side....
    • and in another amazing coincidence, JonBenet just happened to have vaginal injuries from prior to that night, having nothing to do with any other molestation, just "bad toilet habits," or bubble baths, or bike riding, or some other weird explanation for something so common in six year old girls, why, what's to question?
    • and lucky bastid that he is, the Ramseys just decided within hours of finding the body, in their intense desire to find this intruder/child molester/killer, to lawyer up and obstruct the investigation for 14 years

Oh puhleeze. Who in their right mind would believe all that? Just more Team Ramsey silliness, and wonder how much "someone" made off of this "news" item?

7. BobC

Also--if there is zero evidence that the bat has a damned thing to do with the murder, why all the attention paid to it? I could see if Jonebenet's hair was found on it.

So I guess what you are suggesting, is that every single object in or near the Ramsey home has be cleared? Is that how you or I would be treated if a dead six year old were found in our locked home with a staged crime scene?

yeah, right. Let's talk about baseball bats and "mysterious Christmas bears" instead of real evidence like the ransom note and pineapple that the Ramsey's blatantly lied about. Some of us have been around long enough to have seen many red herrings like this and that stupid bear blown out of proportion by Team Ramsey

8. koldkase

Well, that's what money, a powerful network of influential protectors, and a corrupt DA's Office can do for you, I guess.

By the way, I know it's hard to remember everything in this case, it's been going on for so long, but here's a link to photos in our case library of the crime scene, and there was carpet in the basement in the boiler area, the train room, etc.:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9777

There was also a carpet fiber found on JonBenet's chin, along with a sliver of paint which matched paint found in the paint tray, according to a news article done with Smit long ago, if you remember--"The Fabulously Brilliant God's-Gift-To-Detecting Detective" or some such. :rolleyes:

9. koldkase

Just to illustrate how pathetic that NE claim that an intruder left the bat behind is, here's a diagram of the house with the location of the "exit" basement window and the "mysterious bat" shown:

[​IMG]

So is Team Ramsey now saying that the intruder put the suitcase under the window to exit, changed his mind for some reason, then took his women's softball bat all the way back upstairs and exited the butler door, tossing the bat at the crime scene for some other dumb reason?

Or are they saying the intruder went out the butler door, tossed his women'ts softball bat, then went back in and down to the basement, crawling onto the unstable suitcase and out that window to leave--again?

Or did he just go out the basement window via the suitcase and then ran around the house to drop the bat, then sauntered off?

There is no limit to how ridiculous the stories from Team Ramsey are, is there?

10. BobC

My memory might be a bit off on the carpet KK, but that still doesn't explain why a bat that has no material from Jonbenet on it is being promoted as proof of an intruder.

11. koldkase

And let's talk about that "Swiss army knife" which the NE says was not Burke's...for some reason, though we have no way of knowing if that's true, do we? The NE doesn't tell us the details...oddly enough....

Are they saying LE was taking the Ramseys' statements as fact? Or did they suddenly turn in Burke's two knives--oh, five years later, like the alleged package of 12-14 Bloomies?

Or did LE collect Burke's two Swiss knives while processing the crime scene? And it's impossible that Burke actually had THREE Swiss Army knives, or that someone else in the family owned one?

Just wondering...since I think we established a while ago that someone making a statement about evidence doesn't make that statement true...expecially when that person is a prime suspect in the crime? Oh, maybe Lacy had "touch" DNA done on that Swiss Army knife! Surely that old intruder would have left something on it! Knives, by their nature, scrape skin often when being used. Or did the intruder buy a brand new one only for this murder and used it only the once? Yeah, right.
    But there are some curious details about the Swiss knife, as the NE states it:

So the Swiss Army knife was found IN the cellar room where JonBenet's body was found? And LE believe that it was used to cut the cord? How about the tape on her mouth?

I believe in Dr. Wecht's book, he says the Swiss Army knife was used to cut the tape and had sticky residue on it? (That's been a long time ago, though, so maybe I have that source wrong, so if anyone remembers, please correct...TIA.) Also, it was previously reported to have been found on a counter in the basement, not in the cellar room.

So just for argument's sake, let's say this "intruder" Swiss Army knife, amazingly, coincidently like TWO Burke owned, was used to cut the cord, and possibly the duct tape, and was found in the cellar room. Then it was left behind by the intruder, who seems to have forgotten all necessary supplies to commit this crime except a women's softball bag, a Swiss Army knife, and a duffle bag with rope, all of which he left behind here and there and everywhere. Does this make any kind of sense, not to mention, seem like a bit too much disordered thinking for a man who managed not to leave a fingerprint, hair, or more than a few skin cells it took 12 years to fully find, in spite of his being in the house for hours, scooting around under the bed, climbing around a narrow window well, squeezing in/out a basement window, molesting and murdering a six year old child, writing and re-writing a 2.5 page note, rummaging around in drawers for a flashlight and John's paycheck stubs, walking around the neighborhood, outside in the dark on a slow U. of Co. Boulder Christmas break, in the dead of winter without being seen and not to this day drawing one suspicious look upon himself?

Who can believe this, instead of something a little more reasonable: the Swiss Army knife was Burke's, the bat did belong to the family, and since all the evidence that has been traced to anyone/anywhere came from the home and the family--no intruder?

This NE article is just another Team Ramsey manufactured PR piece, IMO. Poor Burke. The more they try to help him, the worse it gets.

12. BobC

That's exactly what this is.

The Ramsey sides sure seems to be doing a lot of spin all of a sudden. Makes you wonder what is making them so nervous...

13. koldkase

Oh, that!

Okay, how's this for an explanation: Patsy, John, and Burke didn't recognize it, so it's MORE EVIDENCE of an INTRUDER!!!

How'd I do with that forensic genius thinking, a la Smit? :laffbig:

14. BobC

Only in the Ramsey case can a baseball bat be found outside a LOCKED HOME, with material from INSIDE the house on it, and it is proof of an intruder!

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The wineceller had NO carpet, correct. Other areas of the basement were carpeted. There was an area just outside the wineceller that was carpeted, and urine stains were found on that carpet. As JB had anterior urine stains on her longjohns (which indicates she was lying on her stomach when it happened) and she also had carpet fibers matching the basement carpet in her hair, I'd say that for me, this placed her in the basement lying face down on the carpet as the garrote was tied (the knot was in the back of her neck, as well) and that it where she died. Then, she was moved into the wineceller and placed on her back on the white blanket, which was then wrapped around her.

16. Karen

Karen Member

I feel like I've been misunderstood here.
    I didn't know everybody knew what Burke had been asked and what he answered in his interview.
    I guess I completely missed it when it came out.
    I was just interested in reading what he said about the baseball bat and swiss army knife.
    I had no idea he had said those things. And I also didn't know LE thought John had found the swiss army knife. I thought LE had found it.
    From now on I guess I'll have to try to stay in the loop a little better.

And yes I knew it was the 1998 interview per my first post. I just had never heard this information and it was new to me, that's all.

17. koldkase

Oh, I wasn't really addressing what you posted, Karen, if that's what you mean. I was just clarifying what I feel was MEANT to be misinterpreted by the NE, as I don't think it's at all clear the "new info" was from a very old interview, the way Gentile wrote it. That's the stock and trade of the tabs, isn't it--confusing the issue to make it look like they have something worth spending the money to buy the rag?

So I was actually arguing with Gentile/NE. Not that they know or care.... :laffbig:

As for missing things, I find entire threads here I've completely missed sometimes with info I didn't know. It's pretty much impossible to keep up with everything in this case, or even remember what I once knew, like the carpet in the basement, etc. If I take a long break, it starts to fade from memory in alarming chunks. Heck, I have actually read some long, detailed post about something and thought, wow, I didn't know that, how interesting. Only to look at the poster's hat and discover it was written a long time ago by...ME! :abnormal:

Anyhow, if I was misunderstanding what you wrote, so sorry.

18. koldkase

All I can figure is : they're nervous because the BPD has the case again and the new DA isn't Team Ramsey. Beckner and Garner held that press conference early last year, remember, stating NO ONE has been "cleared" in their investigation of this crime; so the Ramseys are nervous because someone has leaked to them that the investigation is actually active again and evidence is being reassessed, beginning with that large group of LE who got together for a couple of days to go over what needs to be done now.

It's speculated, of course, that there is something "new" in the way of evidence, maybe processing...or maybe from the new interviews? One advantage a cold case investigation team has is that people who wouldn't speak in the past might now. Also, something I've pondered is if the CHILDREN of the various families around the Ramseys at the time might one day be able to speak to things they remember which didn't surface before because they weren't extensively questioned or didn't realize the significance of something as children, but in being re-interviewed it comes up.

So if Team Ramsey is nervous, maybe they have a reason to be.

19. koldkase

P.S. If I didn't say this already, thanks for starting this thread, Karen. We're slow here to respond sometimes because there aren't many active members. But we're really dedicated! :yes:

20. Karen

Karen Member

Heavens to Betsy KK you never need apologize to me! Thank you for contributing to this thread. :cheerful:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice