Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 155
  1. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    They look the same to me. Different lighting, that's all. Seems to be a composite type material. Corian? Doesn't look like granite.
    Could be. Different angle, lighting, could throw one off....

  2. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Had a wonderful holiday season, kk, thanks. Well, the document, shown in the photograph, states that Burke's fingerprints were on the tea glass. I think it's safe to say that means Burke drank the tea. I have to believe, with the pineapple evidence, Burke would have been asked, at some point, when he drank the tea. Makes me wonder why his answer wasn't included in ST's book. Since JBR's autopsy was performed the day after body was found, then, I would have to think BPD would have been interested in the timing of the pineapple, tea party, no?

    When was Burke first interviewed by the child psychologist?
    Oh my gosh! This is how easy it is to completely misinterpret something that seems clear once someone points it out to you!

    I totally read the document as Burke's fingerprints were ON THE GLASS TOP OF THE TABLE. So that, I figured, was certainly reasonable as having gotten on the table any old time.

    But you're right. It doesn't say "glass-top of table". It says GLASS on table. As in drinking glass. D'oh!

    So it was Burke who was drinking tea. And with the placement of the bowl of pineapple, it appears Burke can be connected to the bowl of pineapple as well.

    I"m thinking Burke was first interviewed by the child psychology specialist at the end of January, 1997, about a month after the murder. I've speculated that the reason the Ramseys let that happen was they had no choice; as prime suspects in a child murder, social services/the state had a responsibility to make sure Burke was safe. So they had to allow him to be questioned or it would have become more traumatizing if LE had to step in and force the issue, I imagine.

    Then Burke was interviewed again right before John and Patsy, some time around June of 1998. He also testified before the grand jury, I'm thinking that was in 1999...? I may be off on those dates, so double check if it's important in your research.

    Not much has ever been written about Burke in any published media since the tabs got sued on his behalf. Legally, Burke was a minor and professionals investigating the case were motivated to protect him for that reason alone.

    IMO, Burke could close this case if he chose to do so. But I believe he'll never talk to LE and he'll never reveal the truth about what he knows, whatever that might be.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  3. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Oh my gosh! This is how easy it is to completely misinterpret something that seems clear once someone points it out to you!

    I totally read the document as Burke's fingerprints were ON THE GLASS TOP OF THE TABLE. So that, I figured, was certainly reasonable as having gotten on the table any old time.

    But you're right. It doesn't say "glass-top of table". It says GLASS on table. As in drinking glass. D'oh!

    So it was Burke who was drinking tea. And with the placement of the bowl of pineapple, it appears Burke can be connected to the bowl of pineapple as well.

    I"m thinking Burke was first interviewed by the child psychology specialist at the end of January, 1997, about a month after the murder. I've speculated that the reason the Ramseys let that happen was they had no choice; as prime suspects in a child murder, social services/the state had a responsibility to make sure Burke was safe. So they had to allow him to be questioned or it would have become more traumatizing if LE had to step in and force the issue, I imagine.

    Then Burke was interviewed again right before John and Patsy, some time around June of 1998. He also testified before the grand jury, I'm thinking that was in 1999...? I may be off on those dates, so double check if it's important in your research.

    Not much has ever been written about Burke in any published media since the tabs got sued on his behalf. Legally, Burke was a minor and professionals investigating the case were motivated to protect him for that reason alone.

    IMO, Burke could close this case if he chose to do so. But I believe he'll never talk to LE and he'll never reveal the truth about what he knows, whatever that might be.
    About a month after the murder, huh? Well, I'd have to believe that Burke was asked if he drank the tea that was found on the breakfast table. At this time, the Ramseys would still not have known about the pineapple found in JBR's intestines. And they probably, at this time, would not have known about the fingerprint evidence on the bowl, spoon and glass. So, LE might not have had the psychologist ask about when he drank the tea but if he drank the tea. However, if Burke was interviewed, again prior to JR and PR's interview, he might have been asked about when he drank the tea.

    I'm trying to figure out some of the things LE might know that we, as the general public, still do not know.

    LE has to know that BR drank the tea. Thus, they had to follow up, at some point, with questioning. Did BR admit to drinking the tea or did he deny it? Or did he simply answer that he didn't remember. I'm going to reread ST's book, tonight, which has excerpts from BR's first interview. I can't remember him including any questioning about the tea but you know they had to ask him at some time. I ought to re-read PR's interviews concerning the same...maybe there's something in that. Didn't Patsy deny knowing how that pineapple and tea got out there? If BR's fingerprints are on that glass, and there is a used tea bag in that glass and BR's fingerprints are on that glass, then, Burke drank the tea. Wasn't JR and PR trying to cast doubt on the pineapple and glass by saying, "it's such a big spoon.", etc. Why would they do so if it was their son who drank the tea? I think we can assume if BR drank the tea, and the pineapple bowl was right next to it, then, he was involved with that too. And if he was the one who got it out, why would they act as if it's all so strange?????

    But, something just occured to me. Didn't JR state that he helped BR put together a model airplane downstairs before going to bed that night??????
    If so, did they put it together on that breakfast table and this is where he drank the tea?????? This might explain why the bowl and glass are off to the side of where the chair is....the airplane being in front of him??? Just speculating. I wonder where LE found this airplane?

    Now. We know for sure that the pineapple, in JBR's intestines, matched the pineapple in the bowl, right? If one could prove that the pineapple and tea was brought out at the same time the plane was put together.......
    I ask myself, where would I put a plane together.......At a table, no? Well, we know the kitchen table was cluttered so what better place to put it together except on the table which was clear of clutter......

  4. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    JR did say that he stayed up a while "putting something together" with BR.
    Unfortunately, there really isn't a way to prove that the tea glass and bowl of pineapple were put there at the same time.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  5. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    Maybe I'm off my rocker but I do wish someone would construct a model of the Ramsey home, somewhere, and set it up as it was at the time of the murder so people could get a proper feel of the logistics involved for whomever was involved in this crime.

    Try as I may, whenever I look at the crime scene photos, I simply can't get a good grasp of how everything lies. I remember looking at the crime scene photos of the house front and thinking the house sat well off the road. Whenever I saw it, in person, I was shocked to see how close the house is to the road....
    Yeah, me too! And I couldn't believe how close the houses were either...I must have thought that they lived on several acres, or something.

  6. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    And while you've got me on the topic of the screen shot of the document giving the fingerprint results of the pineapple bowl, what about that partial line at the bottom?





    I'm just trying to remember what has been mentioned before in this case as being "broken"? I remember a broken Christmas ornament found somewhere...maybe in the basement? Anyone?

    And I am wondering if that last word is "base"...and what has a "base" in it? Basement? Notice the fourth letter is curved with no taller, upward stroke that I can see, so that leaves a limited amount of possibilities. Also, the fifth letter, which immediately follows without a space, has no taller, upward stroke, as I see it.

    I actually typed those possibilities out, and then lost that post as my server malfunctioned or something.

    Suffice it to say, compare the other letters in the typeface with the possibilities from what we can see. I did that, and all I have come up with is "...ver the broken base_...".

    Now speculating, that seems to me to end up being "...over the broken basement...."

    I'm not that good with puzzles, so maybe someone else is?

    But what could "...over the broken basement..." mean? "...over the broken basement..."...window?
    Maybe it is talking about the suitcase that was found UNDER the broken basement window.

  7. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    Maybe it is talking about the suitcase that was found UNDER the broken basement window.
    I'm pretty sure the word is "'over' the broken basement". If you compare the visible part of the letter before "er", you see only a very tiny tail at the top of the letter, but there is no long stroke as there would be if the letter were a "d". See how that looks: d, as opposed to v.

    If you compare the barely visible "tail" of that letter before "er" to other letters we can also see in the typeface of the document, which is almost all the alphabet, you can see it has to be a "w" or a "v". The letters of the alphabet not visible won't work, either, if you have time to figure it out.

    I actually typed all this out, how I used the process of elimination to figure out it was a "v", but of course, when I hit "submit" without copying my post to my clipboard first, I got an "error" message for some reason and lost it all. Bummer. Don't have the time or patience to do it again right now. Sorry.

    At any rate, it can't be a "d" as we would have to see the longer stroke of the end of the letter. And I can't think of a word that makes sense using the "w": ____wer? Lower the broken basement...?

    So "over the broken basement window" came to mind. If memory serves, I believe somewhere it's said they found a fingerprint on a basement window, but please don't ask me a source, as only "jams" comes to mind and I only believe what she said if I have another very credible, non-Team Ramsey source. Maybe it is in the LE transcripts or a book--sorry, memory is just too fuzzy on this one. Maybe someone else remembers? But it would make sense since the document we're looking at is discussing fingerprints...?

    So here's what I see: Burke's fingerprints were on the glass on the table; Burke's fingerprints were on the bowl of pineapple on the table, along with Patsy's.

    Just speculating using reason and the facts, perhaps Patsy got the bowl of pineapple out for Burke and he ate it at the table, in that position for whatever reason. He also drank from the tea glass.

    JonBenet had pineapple in her upper intestine, which means she ate it within 10 to 30 minutes before she was struck on the head and the process of dying began for her, which we know was after she returned from the Whites' party. The pineapple found in her was tested against and matched the pineapple from the bowl on the table.

    Both John and Patsy tried their best to distance the family from that bowl of pineapple in their '98 LE interview, with Patsy even claiming the placement of the bowl and glass with teabags wasn't her "set-up".

    When Patsy started spinning in those interviews, I personally look very hard at what she's trying to deny: the bowl of pineapple and the tea glass.

    By 1998, she knew they had a problem with the pineapple in JB's intestines pointing to her eating it at home, from that very bowl, which had Patsy's and Burke's fingerprints on it. She and John had to stick to their story that JB was asleep when they got home, though there is plenty of evidence they lied.

    So that would explain why they would/will never admit that bowl of pineapple and glass of tea were put out by Patsy for Burke, if that is what happened.

    Here's the rub: if Patsy put that bowl out for Burke earlier in the day, as the RST love to promote, why wouldn't she just admit it? Team Ramsey--well, those who believe anything that will help them exonerate the Ramseys, no matter how silly--even go so far as to claim JB ate it before she went to the Whites' house. Since the pineapple found in the intestines is matched by forensics to that from the bowl on the table, trying to fly the spin that she actually ate it at the Whites' house won't do without a more elaborate story which the Ramseys' own statements cannot support. Some like to believe the pineapple hung around in JB's stomach and upper intestines for six or seven hours, but that's yet another far-fetched fantasy that just won't fly.

    So what else works for Team Ramsey that's more reasonable? Burke ate the pineapple and drank the tea, and at some point while the rest of the family slept, JB managed to eat a bite or two from that bowl that night before she died. Yes, we've seen this theory rolled out in various equally implausible scenarios: why wouldn't she scream if she's eating pineapple with an intruder whom she doesn't know? How/why would an intruder feed her pineapple and hang around for half an hour, then kill her and do all that staging, while the family slept in a quiet house with them, never fearing discovery? Hours and hours in the home, hanging out, writing practice ransom notes, feeding a child, molesting and murdering her--and all they've found of this intruder after 14 years is a few strands of DNA that matches no one ever tested?

    Lots of problems with trying to fly that theory, but what else do they have?

    How about, Burke ate the pineapple and drank the tea and it was on the table, so that's all they know and it's supported by the evidence?

    Simple.

    Instead, Patsy and John deny the bowl, the pineapple (Patsy went to great lengths to distance that from their food supply, as well), the tea glass, the tea bag in the glass, the "set-up", that they know anything, ever, don't go there, pal!

    Why deny the truth about evidence in the investigation of the murder of their child if it's innocent?

    Because this evidence--has Burke's fingerprints on it. And John actually did mention that Burke was a tea drinker, in an LE interview, didn't he?

    You know, I've sometimes wondered if there is one other person who actually knows what happened that night: Burke's psychiatrist.
    Last edited by koldkase; January 9, 2011, 2:17 pm at Sun Jan 9 14:17:44 UTC 2011.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  8. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Southern Silicon Valley !!
    Posts
    2,285

    Thumbs up

    Good post KoldKase. The very fact that the Ramseys deny anything to do with the pineapple, tea glass and bowl and spoon is beyond reason. If I remember it correctly Patsy even said that the spoon wasn't her pattern. Am I correct there? The whole scene is just not understandable. Why lie about something so ordinary? Beats the heck out of me. But they must have had something to hide to lie about something so simple.....was it that Burke was up then or never went to bed? We hear him on the 911 call (very controversial of course). so is it that he is the central figure in that little scene? And that Burke certainly does know more because BDI.

    I've said all along from the beginning that if some day it was proved that Burke did it I wouldn't be surprised. I think all the lies on the part of Patsy and John were to protect the "family" namely Burke and themselves. Painfully I go back to my newest theory that all the folks were called before the LE came over and all of them did come over to help because it was Burke and they would try to help J&P not lose Burke.

    I know I have no proof or back up quotes. But for me it does make sense of the whole mess and why all the lies from the very beginning. Yes, I saw the good quotes that said the R called LE before the folks came over. But darn it all it makes sense if that scene was the truth. Ah well another day has dawned!
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

  9. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    AS if the intruder also brought their own silver pattern with them.

    She also tried to say that the bowl wasn't hers either, until shown a photo of her Christmas party, with that same bowl out on a table.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  10. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Good post KoldKase. The very fact that the Ramseys deny anything to do with the pineapple, tea glass and bowl and spoon is beyond reason. If I remember it correctly Patsy even said that the spoon wasn't her pattern. Am I correct there? The whole scene is just not understandable. Why lie about something so ordinary? Beats the heck out of me. But they must have had something to hide to lie about something so simple.....was it that Burke was up then or never went to bed? We hear him on the 911 call (very controversial of course). so is it that he is the central figure in that little scene? And that Burke certainly does know more because BDI.

    I've said all along from the beginning that if some day it was proved that Burke did it I wouldn't be surprised. I think all the lies on the part of Patsy and John were to protect the "family" namely Burke and themselves. Painfully I go back to my newest theory that all the folks were called before the LE came over and all of them did come over to help because it was Burke and they would try to help J&P not lose Burke.

    I know I have no proof or back up quotes. But for me it does make sense of the whole mess and why all the lies from the very beginning. Yes, I saw the good quotes that said the R called LE before the folks came over. But darn it all it makes sense if that scene was the truth. Ah well another day has dawned!
    I'm not sure the "friends" were in on it from the beginning, but I often wonder if they figured it out, more or less, and have joined in with unspoken complicity in keeping the secrets to protect the Ramseys for the reasons you mention.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  11. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    AS if the intruder also brought their own silver pattern with them.

    She also tried to say that the bowl wasn't hers either, until shown a photo of her Christmas party, with that same bowl out on a table.
    Well, let's see if we can read what the Ramseys said exactly to LE about this.

    Let's start with John, because they asked him a lot about that pineapple. From John's 1998 LE interview:

    23 LOU SMIT: Okay. I think that's kind of a
    24 chronological that kind of gets up to the hearing.
    25 Now I would like to go over the specifics. And
    0206
    1 this here is academic questions about heating. And
    2 you brought up this that you heard something about
    3 pineapple. Now what have you heard about
    4 pineapple?
    5 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, we were asked if JonBenet
    6 had eaten any pineapple, because apparently it was
    7 found in her system. I don't know if the police
    8 asked us that or we saw it on television or the
    9 question came up. I don't remember her eating
    10 pineapple, I don't remember pineapple at Fleet's
    11 or the White's house. It sort of been a very
    12 logical hors d'oeuvres. I don't' remember
    13 specifically if it was there.
    14 I think part of the question was what did she eat
    15 when she got home, and I'm sure she didn't because
    16 she was absolutely sound asleep. So I don't know
    17 nothing about the basis of the question.
    18 LOU SMIT: That's why I wanted to show you
    19 the picture. I just didn't know what you had heard
    20 of this thing. I'm going to show you what's called
    21 a picture of 414.
    22 This is a photograph that's taken of the dining
    23 room table. And it shows various things on the
    24 dining room table. Do you see the gingerbread
    25 houses? And then you see a bowl on that
    0207
    1 (INAUDIBLE)?
    2 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.
    3 LOU SMIT: What else do you see on there?
    4 JOHN RAMSEY: I see a glass with what looks
    5 like (INAUDIBLE). Tissues on the glass. A couple
    6 knives.
    7 LOU SMIT: Do you have any idea how that got
    8 on that table?
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: It might have been (INAUDIBLE)
    10 that's a big bowl.
    11 LOU SMIT: I'm going to straighten out the
    12 picture so we'll want a close up of everything.
    13 This is a photograph of 417. what does that
    14 represent there?
    15 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, it's a large spoon, not
    16 a teaspoon. It looks like Patsy's good silver. I
    17 guess that could be pineapple, I can't tell. But
    18 it could be. Some people (INAUDIBLE) pineapple to
    19 make it old and there's this teabag in an empty
    20 glass. I can't tell, but it looks like there is
    21 some milk or something.
    22 LOU SMIT: Who do you know would eat
    23 pineapple like that? Do you have any idea?
    24 JOHN RAMSEY: Well the kids like pineapple,
    25 but that's a big bowl and this is a big spoon and
    0208
    1 I can't imagine that the kids would have something
    2 like that at any time. Certainly not with iced
    3 tea, I don't think. They don't even drink iced
    4 tea. I think they do not. (INAUDIBLE) yeah.
    5 LOU SMIT: John, I just wanted to kind
    6 of check back with you. Now these obviously are
    7 crime scene photographs.
    8 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.
    9 LOU SMIT: And this is the condition that
    10 things are found when pictures are taken. We're
    11 trying to explain that, even in correlating it
    12 with your daughter (INAUDIBLE)?
    13 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. Could that have been
    14 gotten out by someone who was in there that
    15 morning, I wonder?
    16 LOU SMIT: I don't know. That's a thought.
    17 What do you think?
    18 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't know. I mean I don't --
    19 that's just a huge --
    20 LOU SMIT: You mean somebody who had been
    21 (INAUDIBLE)?
    22 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, the Fernies or the
    23 Whites or, there were a lot of people in the house
    24 that were -- that would not be like us to leave
    25 that. Certainly not leaving the next morning on a
    0209
    1 trip, to leave it like that, out.
    2 That's a big bowl, whatever it is, if it's
    3 pineapple.
    4 MIKE KANE: Do you recognize the bowl?
    5 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, I don't know. I recognize
    6 the spoon, because it's a big serving spoon. It's
    7 not like a teaspoon. And that could be one of our
    8 bowls. We had white bowls like that. Patsy would
    9 recognize it for sure. It looks like our glass.
    10 LOU SMIT: Who would drink tea with a teabag
    11 in the glass?
    12 JOHN RAMSEY: Somebody who would drink tea,
    13 I guess. I don't know. I don't drink tea. Burke
    14 will drink sweet ice tea. I don't remember if
    15 JonBenet did, if she did.
    16 I mean, even for someone who's there and to get
    17 out that big of a bowl and put that much pineapple
    18 in it and just leave it. That doesn't make sense.
    19 MIKE KANE: That was a serving spoon?
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: It's a big serving spoon. I
    21 mean don't even have an answer.
    22 MIKE KANE: (INAUDIBLE) taken out and put
    23 back in the refrigerator. Could that have
    24 (INAUDIBLE) where it had been?
    25 JOHN RAMSEY: It's possible.
    0210
    1 MIKE KANE: Any other tea drinkers in the
    2 house?
    3 JOHN RAMSEY: Patsy drank tea. She likes
    4 sweet ice tea.
    5 MIKE KANE: (INAUDIBLE)?
    6 JOHN RAMSEY: I believe, not much, once
    7 in a while.
    8 LOU SMIT: (INAUDIBLE) sweet ice tea, you
    9 can put a tea bag (INAUDIBLE)?
    10 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, no. With sweet ice tea
    11 you have to make the tea. And I don't know how you
    12 do it, but she puts sugar in it or something. It's
    13 a southern drink. But, no.
    14 I mean, first of all, it was hot tea. You
    15 wouldn't it in that kind of a glass, it was weird.
    16 That doesn't make sense.
    17 LOU SMIT: You see, this is the trouble.
    18 That we don't know. We don't know the answer. We
    19 just didn't know whether it was like that or
    20 (INAUDIBLE) around it.
    21 JOHN RAMSEY: I would almost think that
    22 (INAUDIBLE) that's Patsy's too. But that would not
    23 have been left out by us where it would be for any
    24 extended period of time. And that is a huge bowl
    25 of pineapple or whatever it is and a big spoon.
    0211
    1 LOU SMIT: On the 26th, that was the
    2 morning of the 26th, John, do you remember eating
    3 at that time?
    4 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't, but -- No, I don't.
    5 I think there was -- I don't know, I don't
    6 remember. There might have been some coffee made
    7 or something like that. I don't think anybody was
    8 feeling to eat.
    9 LOU SMIT: Where would you keep pineapple?
    10 JOHN RAMSEY: If it were opened, it would
    11 have been kept in the refrigerator.
    12 LOU SMIT: And that's the walk-in one?
    13 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. If it were not open,
    14 it would be in the pantry. This little (INAUDIBLE)
    15 was here with the cans. (INAUDIBLE) next to the
    16 cans. I mean it doesn't look like -- the kids
    17 wouldn't have gotten that thing and the spoon
    18 down. I mean, that's huge for a child's mouth.
    19 They would have gotten a little spoon or a fork.
    20 They wouldn't have fixed themselves that big a
    21 bowl.
    22 LOU SMIT: Is this the first time that
    23 you knew about this?
    24 JOHN RAMSEY: It's the first time I've
    25 seen it, yeah.
    0212
    1 DAVID WILLIAMS: Can we take a look at the
    2 photographs?
    3 MIKE KANE: While your doing that, could
    4 I ask, you said you had cans of pineapple normally
    5 would be kept in that pantry that's open. Do you
    6 ever by fresh pineapple (INAUDIBLE)?
    7 JOHN RAMSEY: We did not, not that I remember.
    8 No. I mean, we had --
    9 LOU SMIT: What other kind of fruit did you
    10 have around?
    11 JOHN RAMSEY: Well we had apples around;
    12 bananas, a lot of bananas. The kids loved
    13 bananas. Grapes, green grapes.
    14 LOU SMIT: Where would (INAUDIBLE)
    15 JOHN RAMSEY: The bananas would be hanging
    16 from a little stand that was kept in the kitchen
    17 over in this area. The grapes tended to be in the
    18 refrigerator. I don't remember specifically.
    19 LOU SMIT: Do you know if JonBenet would
    20 ever get up in the middle of the night to eat
    21 these things?
    22 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so. Not -- no.
    23 DAVID WILLIAMS: Was that fresh? pineapple?
    24 JOHN RAMSEY: No. But, no, that would be,
    25 certainly not a glass that with a teabag in it. It
    0213
    1 absolutely doesn't make any sense for the kids to
    2 have left that there.
    3 LOU SMIT: Well we can come back to that later. I
    4 do want to talk about that a little bit later. You
    5 got any more questions?
    6 MIKE KANE: No.
    7 JOHN RAMSEY: But, I mean, it's strange.
    8 It doesn't (INAUDIBLE).
    9 LOU SMIT: This is also another picture,
    10 picture 416, which also shows the same bowl, only
    11 it shows the gingerbread house, and there's some
    12 Kleenex on there and things of that nature. So I
    13 don't know. Is that the gingerbread house that the
    14 children were making?
    15 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. It looks like it. This
    16 was like in -- Patsy would know. I'm not sure why
    17 a Kleenex box is there either. That's not normal
    18 for a Kleenex box.
    19 LOU SMIT: What do you say about that?
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I guess it doesn't
    21 belong on the kitchen table. I don't know where it
    22 came from, but that's now it aught to be.
    23 LOU SMIT: Well, I'm sure that Patsy is
    24 going to be asked the same question. Maybe she
    25 remembers more on this or not. Is it possible that
    0214
    1 that could have been left out, maybe because to be
    2 (INAUDIBLE)?
    3 JOHN RAMSEY: I doubt it very much.
    4 LOU SMIT: Whey do you say that?
    5 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, we were leaving town
    6 the next morning. We would be gone nearly for a
    7 week and a half. I've never seen a teabag left in
    8 a glass like that in our house. I know we're not
    9 the neatest people in the world, but I don't think
    10 we'd have left an open bowl of fruit sitting on
    11 the kitchen table.
    12 LOU SMIT: All right. I'll get back to this
    13 just a little bit later.
    [snip]
    15 LOU SMIT: I just, if I could just
    16 -- I know it's getting close to five on our
    17 thing -- I think we came here a quarter after
    18 and the tape was put on, these are two-hour
    19 tapes, so we still have a little bit of time but
    20 I wanted to ask you a question and that's in
    21 regards to the pineapple.
    22 Again, did you discuss that at all
    23 or try to find out what the reason for the
    24 pineapple in the bowl was, last night?
    25 JOHN RAMSEY: Last night? I
    0516
    1 told, let's see, if I tell Patsy that there --
    2 I think I mentioned that I was puzzled by the
    3 bowl, the large bowl of what appeared to be
    4 pineapple with a big serving spoon in it. It
    5 didn't register with her. She said I hope they
    6 show you a picture, because I think that's --
    7 LOU SMIT: We can do that at some
    8 point.
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: It didn't register
    10 with her last night. I guess what I would want
    11 to ask her is where did you keep that
    12 silverware, is that in fact your good silverware
    13 in wherever it was kept. Because we had a
    14 drawer and just you know, everyday silverware,
    15 it was always full of teaspoons, there was a
    16 million teaspoons, and why that bowl had a big
    17 serving spoon in it, and what I think was, you
    18 know, a good silver, doesn't make any sense to
    19 me.
    20 LOU SMIT: That's a question we
    21 have to try to figure out, what happened there,
    22 when that bowl was placed there and who did
    23 that.
    24 JOHN RAMSEY: Right, where this
    25 spoon came from.
    0517
    1 LOU SMIT: And even the
    2 pineapple.
    3 JOHN RAMSEY: Yes, is that
    4 what was in the bowl?
    5 LOU SMIT: Yeah. And we, and
    6 we haven't talked about this too much, but
    7 have you heard anything about pineapple in
    8 regards to your daughter?
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: Just that it was
    10 a question mark that there was either was or
    11 could have been pineapple in her system.
    12 LOU SMIT: And where did you
    13 hear that?
    14 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, it's been on the
    15 tabloids, been on television; I think these
    16 fellows asked me about it. It started to come
    17 up as a question, at least in the media.
    18 LOU SMIT: See, that is a
    19 question, when did JonBenet eat pineapple?
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I don't know.
    21 I mean, the I will guarantee you it was not
    22 after she came home. She was sound asleep. So
    23 it had to be at the Whites or prior to that.
    24 LOU SMIT: Okay. Now when
    25 you say it wouldn't be afterwards, I mean
    0518
    1 now that's why you know this is going to
    2 be a (INAUDIBLE) the question that's going
    3 to always be asked?
    4 JOHN RAMSEY: She was sound
    5 asleep. When I carried her upstairs. I mean I
    6 noted when I got her out of the car, and I
    7 struggled to get her out of the back seat and
    8 she was just, (NOISE) I almost dropped her, I
    9 kind of struggled to get her up in my arms and
    10 it didn't phase her, she didn't wake up, she was
    11 just out. And I know, if she goes to sleep, she
    12 is -- that's it for the night.
    13 LOU SMIT: Next question is,
    14 is could someone have gotten her up and
    15 fed her pineapple? I mean that is a
    16 logical question, and that's the question
    17 we have to answer.
    18 JOHN RAMSEY: I can't
    19 imagine that somebody could have gotten
    20 her up, fed her pineapple, and she
    21 wouldn't have screamed bloody murder.
    22 LOU SMIT: Why?
    23 JOHN RAMSEY: What if it was a
    24 stranger.
    25 LOU SMIT: Well, it was.
    0519
    1 JOHN RAMSEY: Had to be.
    2 MIKE KANE: Well, could have been
    3 -- (INAUDIBLE)--?
    4 JOHN RAMSEY: Patsy said she
    5 didn't give her any -- I mean, first of all, if
    6 we had said oh, yeah, well, we gave her
    7 pineapple, that would have ended the discussion.
    8 LOU SMIT: That's correct.
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: But we didn't.
    10 LOU SMIT: But the fact
    11 though, John, is she has pineapple in her
    12 intestines, okay. She has that in there.
    13 No one has fed her pineapple that we know
    14 of.
    15 Could someone have fed her
    16 pineapple that night is all I will say,
    17 could somebody have done it? I mean if
    18 it's in there, that is a positive. There
    19 is nothing --
    20 (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS.)
    21 JOHN RAMSEY: I understand,
    22 I understand. I mean, my suspicion when I
    23 first heard that was well, there must have
    24 been pineapple at the Whites' house, and I
    25 don't remember it but there was all sorts
    0520
    1 of little finger foods and the kids were,
    2 you know, in and out and grabbing this and
    3 that. We understand the Whites said no,
    4 they didn't serve pineapple. That's
    5 factual or not, but I guess my question
    6 would be well, did the kids go to the
    7 refrigerator, you know, and get a bite of
    8 pineapple at the Whites.
    9 If it wasn't there and was it
    10 earlier in the day, Patsy would most likely
    11 know, you know. She liked pineapple. And it
    12 wasn't -- if there was open pineapple in the
    13 refrigerator, it wouldn't have been -- I am not
    14 sure she could get that refrigerator door open.
    15 You have to ask Patsy. It was not easy, it was
    16 like a freezer door, big walk-in freezer door,
    17 it wasn't that easy to pop open.
    18 But they certainly weren't above
    19 going in the pantry, grabbing a box of cereal
    20 and, you know, having cereal and stuff. So I
    21 guess to say if it was, would not have been out
    22 of the question that she grabbed some out of the
    23 refrigerator in the day sometime, but I don't
    24 know that she could get the door open.
    25 But I mean, it's hard for to me to
    0521
    1 think that this intruder could have taken her
    2 downstairs and fed her pineapple. I just can't
    3 buy that.
    4 LOU SMIT: See, that is the
    5 thing, that's the one thing --
    6 (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS).
    7 On the counter you mean.
    8 LOU SMIT: We don't know.
    9 The pineapple is inside her, so we have to
    10 figure out how that pineapple got there.
    11 There is one way it could get there, she
    12 had to eat it at some point.
    13 JOHN RAMSEY: Are you sure it was
    14 pineapple?
    15 LOU SMIT: Yes.
    16 JOHN RAMSEY: No question?
    17 LOU SMIT: No question. No
    18 question. So that's always been the big
    19 bugaboo.
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: What's the -- is
    21 there a time line based on where it was in the
    22 digestive system?
    23 LOU SMIT: That's always open
    24 to people's opinions. But there is
    25 various theories it could be anywhere from
    0522
    1 two hours to more than that. But again,
    2 it is in her intestine.
    3 JOHN RAMSEY: Well my -- my
    4 amateur reasoning would be that she came
    5 home at -- she was in bed, she was asleep
    6 before we got home, which was, you know,
    7 9:00, 9:15. I believe she was killed that
    8 night.
    9 LOU SMIT: What night?
    10 JOHN RAMSEY: The 25th. If I have
    11 my dates right. The 26th, evening of the 26th,
    12 rather than early in the morning or the next
    13 morning.
    14 LOU SMIT: Think about the
    15 date.
    16 JOHN RAMSEY: Well okay, the 25th,
    17 Christmas Day night. So if you said midnight,
    18 that means there is three hours that I would say
    19 there is no way she could have eaten any, as --
    20 it's a time mark. I think Patsy -- see that
    21 picture, asked to see if that bowl looks like
    22 something that would have been in the
    23 refrigerator and left out, did JonBenet grab a
    24 bite when she left the house, I don't know. But
    25 I know as a father and as sound asleep as she
    0523
    1 was, that she didn't get up, we didn't feed her
    2 when we got home.
    3 She wouldn't have gotten up, Patsy
    4 didn't get up. She would have gotten up to feed
    5 her. So that isn't an option in my mind. I
    6 mean, it would be -- an intruder drug her down
    7 there and tried to feed her something, she would
    8 have screamed bloody murder. If she opened her
    9 mouth to eat pineapple, she would have screamed
    10 bloody murder.
    11 LOU SMIT: But still it's a
    12 fact that it's in there. There is nothing
    13 that we can do to change that particular
    14 fact.
    15 JOHN RAMSEY: I understand.
    16 LOU SMIT: So is there any
    17 possibility at all that Patsy could have
    18 done that, have gotten up and gone down
    19 there?
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: No.
    21 LOU SMIT: Would you have known it
    22 if she had?
    23 JOHN RAMSEY: I wouldn't have
    24 known it but she certainly would have said it.
    25 I mean, there was no reason she would have
    0524
    1 denied it. I mean, it would be very easy, if we
    2 were trying to hide this, it would be very easy
    3 to say oh, yeah, I got up and fed her pineapple,
    4 that explains that, then put her back to bed.
    5 We didn't. So I --
    6 LOU SMIT: This is why, you know,
    7 people think about those things, and especially
    8 detectives.
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, what I -- I
    10 guess one of the things that I felt all along is
    11 I mean this thing with oh, you know, we found
    12 the practice note and ransom note -- the
    13 practice ransom note on the pad. If I was
    14 setting this up, give me some credit for being
    15 smarter than that. You know, would I have
    16 handed Linda Arndt the pad that I wrote the
    17 practice note on? If we were trying to disguise
    18 something, why wouldn't we say oh, yeah, we fed
    19 her pineapple before she went to bed, that
    20 explains that. We didn't.
    21 So I can't -- I don't accept that
    22 that happened. If it did, I would have said it
    23 or Patsy would have said it. Even if we were
    24 guilty, I mean what's the big deal? I mean you
    25 know, what I mean, that it didn't happen. I
    0525
    1 know it didn't happen after she went to bed. So
    2 I -- there has to be another answer to that
    3 question. Than that she got up in the middle of
    4 the night and had a big bowl of pineapple and
    5 went back to bed or we got her up. So...
    6 LOU SMIT: Did she ever go
    7 out on her own to go down there and eat
    8 pineapple?
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't recall that
    10 she ever did. I don't know. I don't think so.
    11 Not that I remember, ever, at night. She was
    12 getting to the point where she was -- she used
    13 to be not afraid of the dark or anything at all
    14 and then she was getting kind of -- she was
    15 growing up a little bit and getting afraid of
    16 the dark and, you know, just kind of normal
    17 things that -- that people start to think
    18 about.
    19 But she wouldn't have been -- I
    20 mean, we were out solidly asleep, we were all
    21 tired. Christmas is a big day, it's exhausting.
    22 I know she was, had to be exhausted.
    23 LOU SMIT: Can you see why we have
    24 that concern, though?
    25 JOHN RAMSEY: I can see why
    0526
    1 you -- you know, this question, where did it
    2 come from, but I don't think -- other than the
    3 fact that there is this bowl on the table, which
    4 I can't -- Patsy needs to look at it to answer
    5 that question. But I don't -- it's either very
    6 significant if the intruder somehow -- well,
    7 that just doesn't make sense.
    8 I mean JonBenet was a smart, strong
    9 little girl. And if she had the opportunity to
    10 scream and to kick and fight, she would have
    11 done that. No question in my mind. So I don't
    12 buy that, you know, an intruder sat her down and
    13 fed her pineapple.
    14 LOU SMIT: That explains how
    15 she got that? We have got to figure that
    16 out?
    17 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah.
    18 LOU SMIT: I know.
    19 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I think
    20 Patsy needs to see that picture, see if
    21 that makes any sense to her, that bowl.
    22 It didn't to me. If our kids or if we had
    23 prepared food for our kids, we would have
    24 given a teaspoon, because there is a whole
    25 drawer full of them. It would have been a
    0527
    1 heaping bowl of pineapple. Just -- if
    2 that bowl were in the refrigerator,
    3 covered with Saran Wrap or something, it's
    4 possible that Patsy would remember that.
    5 But I have to look at the
    6 picture, I can't see any other explanation
    7 -- it looked strange to me. Quite
    8 frankly.
    9 LOU SMIT: Mike?
    10 MIKE KANE: No, I don't have
    11 anything.
    12 LOU SMIT: You know, I
    13 might touch on this again and I know
    14 that's kind of an unsettling question for
    15 you because it put questions in your mind
    16 which is very difficult and we have had
    17 those questions in our mind too, how does
    18 that happen. We will touch on this again,
    19 okay?
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: (Nodding head.)
    21 LOU SMIT: Maybe something will
    22 come to you and we will find that out.
    23 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah, well, I
    24 thought about it a lot, I mean what I have
    25 principally thought about is was there pineapple
    0528
    1 at the Whites' house, and along with the other
    2 snack foods. I just didn't pay that much
    3 attention. The only thing I specifically
    4 remember was the cracked crab and Priscilla
    5 making a plate of it for JonBenet.
    6 LOU SMIT: I think there was
    7 a key to figuring this out too. You never
    8 know if sometimes things that puzzle you
    9 the most are the keys to figuring it out.
    10 So who knows what this will bring. Why
    11 don't we take a little break. I know that
    12 the camera is running low on film

    [snip--and then John Ramsey runs that old bus right over Mr. "Santa" McReynolds]

    10 JOHN RAMSEY: Absolutely. We
    11 have some letters if him. We have a tape from
    12 him that hopefully you guys have. If you guys
    13 don't have it, I couldn't listen to it but it
    14 was a tribute to JonBenet or something like
    15 that. And apparently it starts up and it says
    16 you left Santa Claus and went, you know, doing
    17 all those fancy things and you came back to
    18 Santa Claus, our guy said it was very weird. He
    19 wrote me a letter saying that he carved
    20 JonBenet's name in a heart, it had the name of
    21 three other little girls that died early.
    22 I mean I couldn't start saying,
    23 okay, that's the guy. But that's premature, but
    24 that would be in my mind explain how, if we said
    25 JonBenet ate pineapple between 9 p.m. when she
    0561
    1 went to bed and when we found her, that is the
    2 only way that's plausible to me that she could
    3 have eaten. Is someone she knew and trusted and
    4 said let's go downstairs, there is a surprise.
    5 He might have sat there with pineapple and a
    6 glass of tea, I don't know, but --
    7 LOU SMIT: Those are things that
    8 have to be answered.
    9 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. So say it
    10 could be like -- last night I thought about it
    11 all night but.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=9946

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  12. #84

    Default

    Thanks for posting this interview, kk. It's obvious to me that John is lying and I'll give my reason. At the beginning, John keeps repeating the same mantra: "The size of that spoon...that spoon is big....we wouldn't get out a spoon that big..."

    If John remarked about the spoon size once, he remarked fifty times! This is overkill. John is trying to impress this point upon the minds of his questioners. John is trying to distance he and Patsy from the pineapple and tea glass....he wishes to place doubt into the questioners mind.

    I read someones synopsis on the ransom letter and that someone remarked that, when one is lying, one will overstate that thing which the liar wants to prove to the one who is supposed to buy the con. We saw the same overkill in the ransom note as the someone pointed out.

    John wants the questioners to think maybe...just maybe.....some intruder got this pineapple and bowl out for JBR. John even goes so far to repeat and overkill the point that he doesn't think JBR would go down with a stranger to eat pineapple..."she would scream"....Like the size of the spoon, John repeatedly says he doesn't think JBR would eat pineapple from an intruder.
    John wants to give his questioners the thought that an intruder might have done this but he doesn't want them to think he's pushing this idea.

    It's almost certain because John admits that Patsy and he discussed this pineapple thing the night before this interview....obviously, they came up with the plan to distance themselves from the pineapple by using the "My, how big that spoon is....."

    At any rate, I believe we can safely assume that there was milk in that pineapple because Smit asks John: "Do you know of anyone who would eat it (pineapple) that way? In other words, do you know anyone who would eat pineapple and milk???



Similar Threads

  1. National Enquirer - 11/23/2002
    By BobC in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: October 4, 2010, 8:20 pm, Mon Oct 4 20:20:54 UTC 2010
  2. National Enquirer
    By BobC in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 29, 2003, 1:05 pm, Tue Jul 29 13:05:46 UTC 2003
  3. National Enquirer, 9/27/02
    By Thor in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: September 11, 2002, 11:34 pm, Wed Sep 11 23:34:18 UTC 2002

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •