Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I would have loved to see DNA testing on the SALIVA on that spoon. If JB ate it (and we know she did) this would PROVE it came from that bowl with that spoon. Think anyone tested it? Nah. It is still in evidence (hopefully). Not too late to test it. Think the new DA will order it? Nah.
    Well, they can get DNA off of bottles or cups people drink from, can't they? At least, I remember seeing cases where people's cups were taken in for DNA testing. Saliva only contains skin cells to test, but it is done rather commonly, unless I'm very mistaken.

But here is a thread we had going on after Schiller's documentary, aired the night Patsy was buried in June of 2006. I'll quote myself on this page, where I wrote something vague about Dr. Lee's statement when it was still fresh on my mind:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...mentary&page=3

But Dr. Lee and Dr. Spitz were on the show and they were voices of science and reason. Lee discussed the pineapple and tea glass, among other things, and stated they needed to be tested for DNA....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Do we know for a fact that there was milk in the bowl of pineapple?

Hi Barbara,
    If you read the transcript, kk posted, where Smit is grilling John about the pineapple bowl, you will see where they discuss the fact that it looks like milk in the bowl. Then, Smit asks John: "Who do you know that would eat pineapple like that?" I think this pretty much tells us that pineapple was in milk. If you think I've misinterpreted that, I'm open for correction as my only hope is to try and arrive at certain points concerning this pineapple and tea set up.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    John mentioned it in his '98 LE interview, viewing the photos of the bowl and saying it looked like milk, but there was no confirmation or denial as to what it was that I remember. Maybe someone else has a better source.
    I mentioned this in a reply to Barbara, koldkase, but, right after John admits it looks like milk, I believe Smit follows up with: "Who do you know that would eat pinapple this way?" I took this as a confirmation that there was, indeed, milk in that bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I would have loved to see DNA testing on the SALIVA on that spoon. If JB ate it (and we know she did) this would PROVE it came from that bowl with that spoon. Think anyone tested it? Nah. It is still in evidence (hopefully). Not too late to test it. Think the new DA will order it? Nah.
    You know, DeeDee, maybe they have tested it. You know they stated the new review was going to focus on DNA. Maybe this is why they wanted to talk with Burke?

But I believe they know that JBR ate pineapple from that bowl. Didn't ST's book say the pineapple, in JBR's instestine, matched the pineapple in the bowl?

I'd say they have Burke's DNA on the spoon and the tea glass...might be why they want to talk with him? I think they know JBR took pineapple out of that bowl. Why else would Smit press John so much about the pineapple in that bowl....he even said to John when he asked if John was aware that pineapple was in JBR's intestines: I paraphrase: "You can understand, John, that detectives are going to be interested in this....they're going to press for answers about how that pineapple got there if she was asleep when she got home....."

Hmmm. I wonder of Jonbenet got into Burkes pineapple and he got angry.

For the record, I'm not a Burke did it person. I'm just tossing some things around in my mind. (The part I haven't lost yet ,that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder of Jonbenet got into Burkes pineapple and he got angry.

For the record, I'm not a Burke did it person. I'm just tossing some things around in my mind. (The part I haven't lost yet ,that is.)
    Yes, I thought about this one too, Karen. Burke may have picked up the flashlight which was in the kitchen and completely wiped clean of fingerprints if you please. Strange when it was used all the time bythe Ramseys.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

I've thought about that Elle and Karen but we need at least 15 minutes minimum from time of eating pineapple and the head blow.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I was thinking more of testing to see if JB's saliva was on the spoon. If it is, it proved she ate THAT pineapple with THAT spoon from THAT bowl. We don't know if they did this. In light of the "uncertainty" on the part of the parents as to where she would have eaten the pineapple, finding her saliva on the spoon would certainly answer that. Pf course, that may be the very reason the DA doesn't want it tested.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I'd say they have Burke's DNA on the spoon and the tea glass...might be why they want to talk with him? I think they know JBR took pineapple out of that bowl. Why else would Smit press John so much about the pineapple in that bowl....he even said to John when he asked if John was aware that pineapple was in JBR's intestines: I paraphrase: "You can understand, John, that detectives are going to be interested in this....they're going to press for answers about how that pineapple got there if she was asleep when she got home....."
    You could be right, Learnin! Amazing nothing concrete ever stemmed from this pineapple episode.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

My comments/additions in BOLD:

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I'm listing some things that I believe are certain, or relatively certain, and which I believe narrows down, considerably, what happened on that night.

PRE-pineapple and tea: What we do know is that John and Patsy and Burke told different stories about how JonBenet entered the house that night. Burke said she climbed the stairs herself; Patsy and John said John carried her to bed asleep, removed her shoes and coat, and then Patsy undressed and redressed her, but she never woke up. I'm trying to remember where JB's little boots she wore to the Whites' party were found the next day, but I do remember there is a crime scene photo of her coat still being in the car. All to say that we know that John and Patsy and Burke all told different, inaccurate stories.

1. Burke drank the tea

True.

2. The pineapple was in a bowl which contained milk.
    **2a. The bowl was found on the glass breakfast table the next day.**
    **2b. Patsy's and Burke's fingerprints were on the bowl.**

3. Jonbenet ate pinapple out of that bowl any where from 15 minutes to
    one hour before receiving the head wound.

Maybe. JonBenet could have eaten the pineapple from another location. I think Thomas said there was pineapple in the fridge that matched that on the table, didn't he? Or am I misremembering that? I know it's a tiny detail, but those do matter. Since the Ramseys never told the truth about that bowl of pineapple, IMO, unless Burke did in his interview, which we'll never see, we have to consider everything.

4. It is a very, very, good probability that the tea and pineapple were
    prepared at the same time because they are placed at the same spot.

Agree.

5. It is highly unlikely that Jonbenet ate pineapple that had been sitting
    in milk for 8 hours. In other words, it is highly unlikely that Burke got this
    snack out at 3 p.m., and Jonbenet picked up some pieces out of the milk
    at 10:30 that night.

Interesting. I don't know. Kids are not that in tune to food safety and it was winter, so it's possible the milk wouldn't have "spoiled" or soured in that amount of time. Also, if the Ramseys came home at 8:30 or 9:00 pm--we have nothing but their moving timeline which I don't trust, for obvious reasons, and we don't know what the Whites or Stines told LE--that would be a factor, as well. Silly that something which should be so easy to answer has always been obscured by the Ramseys, isn't it? That's a red flag, IMO. And this is why their lawyers wouldn't let them be questioned for 4 months, until Hunter turned over all those police reports and lab results, as well, IMO.

6. John helped Burke assemble a model after returning home from the Whites.

Again, we just have John's and Patsy's story on this. We don't know what Burke said about this, and we haven't seen any photos of that model that I remember, so it's another red flag, to me.

7. John and Patsy tried to distance themselves from that pineapple and tea,
    denying any knowledge of how it got there.

Absolutely. MAJOR RED FLAGS.

8. There were four people in the home that we know of for sure. Two,
    possibly three, are placed at the scene of that pineapple and tea.

Agree.

Does anyone care to offer any more things along this line or dispute these 8 things? Feel free to comment.
    So we have three possible explanations for these facts that I can think of:

1. Patsy or Burke prepared a bowl of pineapple and glass of tea for Burke and set it on the glasstop table that afternoon before they went to the Whites' party. JonBenet ate from it at some point after they returned and was attacked 15 to 30 min. later.

2. Patsy or Burke prepared a bowl of pineapple and glass of tea for Burke and set it on the glasstop table after they returned from the Whites' party. JonBenet ate from it approx. 15 to 30 min. before she was attacked.

3. Burke got the bowl of pineapple out and made a glass of tea and put them on the glasstop table after his parents had gone to bed. JonBenet ate some of it, too. Approx. 15 to 30 min. later she was attacked.

You know, this makes me want to know exactly how many fingerprints of Burke's and Patsy's were found on the bowl. Was it just one of each? Can't remember. And how likely is it that only ONE fingerprint would be contributed by someone, as we don't pick things up with one finger. A bowl...hm...maybe the thumb was balanced on the rim to handle it.... Hey, do we know WHERE on the bowl the fingerprints were found? Someone does, hopefully LE, but I don't think we do.

I'm asking about the location and number of prints because that would give us an idea about how much the bowl was actually handled, wouldn't it? Maybe? For example, if it were only handled once by Patsy and once by Burke, then it would seem the bowl was not prepared, eaten from, then refridgerated, then taken out again later...etc. And if Patsy only left a fingerprint when removing the bowl from the dishwasher, then did Burke leave a print getting the bowl and preparing and moving the dish to the table? Or did Patsy prepare it and put it on the table and Burke touched it while eating?

This really drives me mad, trying to guess something which really should be cut and dried: who made up the bowl of pineapple, who put it on the table, who ate from it, AND WHEN? SIMPLE! Except nothing is EVER simple when it comes to the tap dancing Ramseys. Patsy, John, and Burke LIVED THERE. They were there on JonBenet's last day. She was their child and sister. They were there the night she was brutally attacked and murdered. They were there the next morning while her body lay cooling and rigor setting beneath them in the cellar room. John "found" her body and brought it upstairs. Then they ran out the door and forgot everything to the best of their self-preserving memory.

And this is why they will always look suspicious. ALWAYS.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

This part irks me a little I have to say. We have no proof Burke drank tea out of that glass. We have a water glass with a spent tea bag inside it and Burkes fingerprints on the glass. Granted, it looks like he handled the glass and drank from it but I truely don't think he drank ICED SWEET TEA on Christmas night. That is a summertime drink and John said in his interview both Burke and Patsy like sweet tea in the summer. Just because there is a tea bag discared in the glass and his prints are on same glass and just because JR said Burke liked sweet tea in the summer doesn't mean he drank sweet iced tea out of that glass on a cold Christmas night in December. Wasn't the temp at about 9 degerees that night? Even though the fingerprints are there and the tea bag is in there it's still not logical to assume this is the one and only explaination for it all. To me it doesn't make sense at all and I don't believe it. I think someone put that teabag there the next morning when everybody was milling around making coffee, (and probably HOT TEA) and waiting for a phone call. To me it just makes more sense.