Handwriting analysis

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 26, 2007.

1. AMES

AMES Member

YEP...thats exactly the reason.

2. heymom

heymom Member

Well, all I have to say is that if "experts" look at the RN and Patsy's exemplars, and have "reasonable doubt," I wouldn't trust them anyway. Any damn fool can see that she wrote that note!

(I'm not disparaging you, Jay, just sayin...) :cow:

3. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, its confusing isn't it?? But other people scored HIGHER than Patsy. Which I believe is a truthful statement. THEY scored higher, because they DIDN'T write the note....Patsy did. IMO

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Just to let you know, I forked out $30 for the ASTM standard which is used by the American Academy of Forensic Science and the American Board of Forensic Document Examiners.

Now, according to the wiki, The American Academy of Forensic Science and the American Board of Forensic Document Examiners is the only official body for handwriting experts. We therefore know that the following experts would be aware of the standard and presumably using it:-

Dusak
    Ubowski
    Speckin
    Alford
    Rile

OK. Now to the Standard.

As expected, there is a NINE-point scale (not five) :-

1 - identification
    2 - strong probability
    3 - probable
    4 - indications (evidence to suggest)
    5 - no conclusion
    6 - indications did not
    7 - probably did not
    8 - strong probability did not
    9 - elimination

Now - and this is the interesting bit - within each of the above categories, there is recommended technology to be used in qualifying an opinion and "falls short" (the term used by Alford and Ubowski) is recommended terminology under the category "Probable". Alford is usually depicted as someone who DIDN'T think Patsy wrote the note. This would tend to suggest otherwise.

5. AMES

AMES Member

I posted a list of all of those experts and their opinions on another forum, I can't remember which one it was though. And the expert opinion ran 50/50, on whether Patsy wrote the note or not. To me, that is not proof that she didn't write it, but it is inconclusive. I believe that she was the author....along with John's help. I think that he wrote a version, and she wrote a version, and they merged them both together. They admitted that they did this...with their Christmas letters...and stuff like that. SO, why not with the Ransom note....something that could keep their butts out of prison?

6. Little

Little Member

Wow Jayelles. So, even if the 4.5 is accepted that puts Patsy right between "Indications (evidence to suggest)" and "no conclusion". So "if" Patsy did try to disguise her handwriting or did use her left hand instead of her right...hmmmm.

You are awesome Jayelles! Thanks.

Little

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Now you've got me thinking. All along I've been thinking that the 4.5/5.0 made no sense because the official scale is out of 9. You can't even explain it by saying that the 4.5/5.0 is actually 9.0/10.0 (as some posters have suggested) because Likert scales must have an odd number to be meaningful (i.e. you cannot get a true midway response with an even number).

I wonder... could the 4.5 be 4.5/9.0 because that would be inconclusive.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm trying to find the TV program where Alex Hunter uttered those "off the top of his head" incorrect numbers. HUNTER is the source, and he was just speaking extemporaneously and HE GOT IT WRONG. But it worked for the Ramseys, so they LOVE IT and NEVER TIRE OF REPEATING HUNTER'S ERROR.

Still looking--thought it was on LKL, but haven't found it yet, so maybe it was anothe show. I remember Hunter saying this, though, as I was watching. Hope I find it or I'll be accused of BEING ON CRACK AGAIN....

I did find Hunter saying this around the same time on Geraldo's show, which clearly indicates that Hunter was CONFUSED about the scale used by the experts, and he undermined them, as well:

http://www.crimelynx.com/alexrivlive.html

9. koldkase

Okay...PULEEEZE tell me that Hunter didn't use THE RAMSEYS as HIS source...? Cause if this is true... :puke:

Here GRETA VAN SUSTEREN has HUNTER on and SHE QUOTES THE RAMSEYS' OWN BOOK with the "1 to 5 scale":

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0004/17/bp.00.html

10. Little

Little Member

JMHO, even if the writer just dictated the note content it would still point in Patsy's direction. Whether handwritten or typed or pasted together from magazine clippings the wording and phrases used are unique to the individual.

Little

11. Little

Little Member

I didn't find the LKL statement either KK but I have this saved. I have a DNA/Handwriting folder so the DNA stuff is mixed in with it.

Little

12. koldkase

OK, I haven't found the program where Hunter made his statement yet, no time left today to keep looking, and it may not be online anymore.

But I DID look at ACR's index of DOI, and yep, THERE IT IS, p. 140-41, hardback: the Ramseys stating THEIR EXPERTS said John was cleared and Patsy all but cleared...with the "1 to 5" scale.

So, ONCE AGAIN, the DISINFORMATION comes straight from the RAMSEYS THEMSELVES.

Yet I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN THAT SCALE NOR ANY EXPERT MENTION OF IT....

13. koldkase

Great info, Little. I'm backtracking some of it, and some is not online anymore. But thanks for sharing.

It's leading me to "other things" as usual--the Ramseys are/were everywhere, weren't they? Just found a Daily Camera editor's swan song article...and guess who used HIM as their DC contact? Uh...huh....

Off topic, but I have to put this SOMEWHERE:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar/21/cowboy-turns-to-wildlife/

Explains a lot, doesn't it?

14. heymom

heymom Member

I believe that the note was conceived mostly by John, but actually written by Patsy. Therefore, the letter formation, the punctuation, the spacings, etc. etc. are all hers and hers alone.

15. AMES

AMES Member

I agree...but, I think that those womanly touches...."be well rested", etc. were Patsy's too. I think that they probably wrote two versions...his and hers...and merged them together. Either that, or John told her some stuff to write, (dictated) and she just started writing...adding her own touch here and there. I think that if she had of just listened to John's version....without putting in her two cents...it would have been more like a REAL ransom note. "I have your kid. She will not be harmed. Don't call the cops. Bring $118,000.00 to such and such a place". No, Patsy had to throw in the word attache....with the mark over the e, that I can't figure out how to make with the computer keyboard....LOL , and she had to ramble on and on and on.....I don't think that John trusted Patsy to write it by herself. And WHY would a real kidnapper CARE what kind of bag it was in.....attache??? Shoot, it could have been a brown paper bag....they wouldn't have cared...they would have just wanted the money.

16. Elle

Elle Member

AMES. Hold the Alt key down, then type 130 on the calculator and then release your finger from the Alt key and you will have the accent above the letter e ... é as in JonBenét. :)

17. AMES

AMES Member

Okay...let me try it....attaché.....JonBenét. WHOA....thank you SO MUCH. I have always, ALWAYS wondered how to do that...and I used to be a secretary....LOL How in the world did you figure that one out?? I have always thought that instead of being such a mystery....they should have just put one of those on the keyboard. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Now I can brag, and show all of my friends!!! :D :bow: Thanks again...

18. heymom

heymom Member

Yep, totally agree with Patsy adding her own particular flair. John may not have liked the end result, really, being that he is an engineer and used to few words. He was probably worried that she had been too wordy and flowery.

19. heymom

heymom Member

There are a bunch of those number pad tricks...I used to be able to insert a little cross, but I can't remember it any more...

JonBene♥t

Awww,,,look, I got a widdle bitty heart...

20. AMES

AMES Member

I am sure that he hated the end result. But, he had to accept it, because there was no time to write another one. He probably said..."Dam- it Patsy, I TOLD you to make it short and simple. Why did you take it upon yourself to write a book? This looks so fake, that its not even funny, but we don't have time to re-write it, so we are just going to have to go with it, and hope for the best".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice