New JonBenet radio show with Jim Kolar - Sunday, December 23, 2012, 8 pm EST!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 22, 2012.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

keep in mind that the report said that these PJ bottoms were thought to belong to BR. They were never PROVEN to have been his, and the feces was not tested to determine who it belonged to.
    We know Patsy was a slob, but she had to have been in her daughter's room at some point Christmas Day before they went to the White's- I am sure she'd have had to supervise JB getting ready for the party. Even a slob like Patsy wouldn't wait 2 days for her housekeeper to come to pick up poop from a bedroom floor, in PJ or on a candy box. I feel this "deposit" was made that night AFTER they got home.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Just to be clear so there is not any confusion ... when I started the discussion about the PJ bottoms on this thread, I wasn't referring to any report but to the question asked of Kolar during Tricia's interview of him on December 23rd.

Kolar was specifically asked if the soiled PJ bottoms on the floor of JonBenet's bedroom were Burke's, and he said they were.

The difference in size between ten-year-old Burke and six-year-old JonBenet is evident in photos. He was head and shoulders taller than her, and I don't think his PJ bottoms could have been mistaken for JonBenet's. Obviously, in the cataloguing of items according to the investigation, the PJ bottoms were of sufficient length and size to be listed as Burke's clothing and not JonBenet's.

3. otg

otg Member

There is another possibility as to when the perpetrator of poop's pooped up pj's might have been placed in JonBenet's room (I don't think I've seen this speculated yet)... It could have been done on Boxing Day (along with the candy contamination) while all the commotion was going on downstairs and everyone thought that the dear little brother was sound asleep in his room.

I'm just sayin'.....

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh gosh, I hope I wasn't beating you over the head with my seldom offered opinions...:floor: If it was me, mea culpa! If not, let's just pretend it was and give me 20 lashes, then move on.... :winko:

Patsy said she played with JonBenet on Christmas Day, with her beading, I think. She also said JB played with her "loom," which was found in JB's bedroom. Patsy was home, preparing for the trip and upcoming pageant, as well, while John was at the airport.

Children ran in and out of the house. I thought I once read they were in Burke's room playing, as well.

I think it's a safe bet that Patsy was in that area of Burke's and JB's rooms, as the packing of the suitcases in JAR's bedroom was underway, for the Big Red Boat trip. Patsy spoke about that in the '97 interview with Thomas, I'm thinking...? John even mentioned JB's yellow swimsuit in one interview or book, though I can't remember which right now.

Just some thoughts.

5. koldkase

Thanks for the photos.

I'm not sure that this is the source to which I was referring, which may have been completely wrong. But it could have been the original source which ended up getting passed around on the forums as gossip before these transcripts became public, and possibly where the version of which I'm thinking originated.

If that makes any sense AT ALL.... :lame:

6. cynic

cynic Member

I suppose there is slight degree of ambiguity in the Q and A, but given the context it's unlikely that the interpretation that they were Burke's pajama bottoms is incorrect.
    This is what was specifically said (beginning at around 62:20 into the show.)
    KoldKase: You did mention that there were pajama bottoms on the floor that were believed to be Burke’s and I’m assuming they were boy’s pajama bottoms on her bedroom floor.
    Jim Kolar: That was my interpretation of the reports that I read.
    KoldKase: OK…
    Tricia (party pooper) Griffith: Ok that’s it, you know what, KoldKase, I apologize, we’ll have to get to your 8 other questions next time...

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thank you, Cynic, for the clarification. :thumbsup:

8. Karen

Karen Member

I'm sorry koldkase and Cherokee. I was just rambling on and on with my own thoughts, not really referring to your posts at all. Sometimes there is a disconnect between the brain and typing fingers and my posts don't come out the way I intended.:)
    That's the problem with message board posting. You can't hear voice inflection or daydream musing on the subject at hand.

9. koldkase

I'll be bringing my stun guns to the party next time.... Tricia, step AWAY from the HOLD button!

Attached Files:

10. koldkase

Oh, we understand perfectly, which is why we often have to apologize, as well. I think Tricia needs to start giving out a "Mind-reading Kit" to members.

:hypno::turban::cb:​

11. koldkase

Bumped for Fr Brown: check out page 2 and cynic's post on page 3 which quotes Kolar's book on the topic of the pj bottoms, as well.

12. koldkase

If this helps, Fr Brown, I went back to the blog radio show to look for that particular question on the boys pajama bottoms in particular, and the question is at approx. minute 62:10:

I asked Chief Kolar about the pajama bottoms on the floor of JB's bedroom which he wrote about in his book. My question was phrased this way:

Me: "You did mention that there were pajama bottoms on the floor that were believed to be Burke's and I'm assuming they were boys pajama bottoms on her bedroom floor?"

Kolar: "That was my interpretation of the reports that I read."

13. koldkase

Here's a section of the transcript of the June 1998 interview between Det. Haney and Patsy where they discuss the pants found in JB's bathroom:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9945

And they go back to these same pants in the bathroom floor again later:

The black velvet pants JB wore to the Whites' party were on the trunk at the bottom of the bed weren't they? Or am I misremembering because it was a mystery for many years and I saw a part of that trunk in a larger photo and there appears to be pants on it?

At any rate, these pants in question seem to be in the bathroom, not in the bedroom, and they don't appear to be pajamas at all.

So as far as I can tell, there is no source I have seen, other than Kolar's interpretation of reports he saw, that a pair of boys pajama bottoms were found in the floor of JonBenet's bedroom.

I can see why no one else reported that. Thomas, clearly, felt sorry for Burke getting jammed into this life-long nightmare as a child. So perhaps Thomas chose not to include this info for that reason--as well as because Burke was a minor.

At any rate, I find it strange and inappropriate that "boy" pajama bottoms were there, especially considering that the autopsy revealed the victim had been sexually abused before the night of her murder. I can't imagine any other male child who would have left his pajama bottoms in JB's room, either.

If Haney asked Patsy about this, then the transcript we have is redacted. Or perhaps they didn't even tape that, if it occurred, because of Burke's age.

Just speculating, of course, but it seems a serious omission in questioning the parents, considering the evidence and the level of abuse this little girl suffered before death.

So I hope this helps answer some of your questions--as much as any speculation can.

14. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I also am skeptical about boys' pajama bottoms. These were male detectives. I mean no disrespect to our guys here, but most men seeing a pair of black kids' pants on the floor will likely think they are boys' pants. They are just not attuned to fabrics, either. Boys and girls can both have black pants, but only a girl would have black VELVET.
    In another conversation, Patsy described a pair of black pants in a photo as "play pants". This is another difference that a male detective might not make. These could have been sweats, cotton, etc.

16. koldkase

Okay, tease, what's the dish? I can't imagine Kolar doesn't want a piece of this news week. :reporter:

17. Tez

Tez Member

He's supposed to be on the show along with Beth Karas. Make your Sunday plans now. LOL

I only know this because I read it over at WS. So, yes, I am gossiping...LOL

18. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

So, you're claiming that pants which are too big for JonBenet are going to be the correct size for Burke. It didn't occur to you that he had outgrown the pants, did it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice