Peter Boyles talks about the recent Grand Jury revelation (Jan. 28 & 29, 2013)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Jan 31, 2013.

1. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

Very interesting. Thank you Moab!

So, movie with KIDNAPPING theme was played in the house, with Ramsey as the guests, less than 6 hours before JonBenet was 'kidnapped'?!!! Unbeliavable!!!!!

I didn't know this fact. I'm sure, Ramsey would say they didn't watch it, they were busy playing with children....

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

For the first time since I started following this case, I believe we are going to find out exactly what occurred that night.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you all, for refreshing my memory with these latest posts!

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Huge thanks for nipping that one before it grew roots Moab and also to Bob for the full body chillbumps his comment just gave me!

5. BobC

6. fr brown

fr brown Member

The pace of radio shows is too dozey for me, I guess. I skipped large chunks of it. One thing that I heard that was new to me is that JonBenet would sometimes show up at school unfed and dishevelled.

Did I miss any new information by popping around?

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

One caution about various items being discussed on Boyles' show--which one of his guests even mentioned, then proceeded to commit some errors himself: it's been too long for people who aren't discussing this case all the time to remember the infinite details with complete accuracy.

I've also noticed some real distortions of the facts of the case, including truly incorrect details, in "comments" on various sites with the news articles published there. Most of these do not fall into the category of RST disinformation, but simply are written by people whose memories about the case are now deficit.

This happened on Boyles' show as well, including with Peter, who called Steve Thomas "Dave" for a bit before a guest used Steve's actual name.

It's been a very long time and it's clear to see that Team Ramsey has benefitted from that as far as the law goes.

However, something else I have noticed is that an overwhelming proportion of readers in the comment sections I mentioned say they believe the Ramseys are guilty in some capacity.

So lies and artful dodging of the law notwithstanding, the Ramseys have only fooled the fools, IMO.

Thanks for the links and info, all. Tricia's forum members and the good RDI at topix really are guardians of the truth in this case, it appears, for anyone who is looking for it. :gavel:

8. wombat

wombat Member

Well, I have now listened to almost all of the Boyles show. People who say they know one little snippet of evidence that hasn't come out - but they can't say what it it - DRIVE ME CRAZY. Come on, Boyles, let us in on it! Boyles is pretty certain that Burke didn't do it - maybe the still-secret evidence badly implicates Mr. and/or Mrs. Ramsey.

I hope BobC is getting the right feeling - that we actually may find out what really happened.

9. koldkase

There are four hours of Boyles' show on Monday, which I'm only in the fourth hour at this point. It's a long haul, even for those of us who are interested enough to listen to it all. I hope this weekend to get through what now appears to be three days of the show. :eek:

Other than Peter's little tease about "one more piece of info" he won't tell, all I've heard Boyles' mention that is a somewhat undeveloped subject up to this point is how Paula Woodward, a reporter with a Denver media outlet who got interviews with the Ramseys and was unfailingly slanting her reports in their favor, actually had a possible "conflict of interest" in that she had other alliances with Haddon's law firm. We've heard this before, of course, but it hasn't been discussed much.

Woodward also helped spread the "grand jury voted NOT to indict the Ramseys" lie around, compliments of Team Ramsey lawyers from that firm. I found an article from 1999 which was sourced to her saying a Ramsey attorney claimed he heard "nothing but a rumor" to that effect.

So it went like this for all these years, from Team Ramsey:

Ramsey lawyer -->> Rumor -->> biased media reporter -->> source of more reports based on rumor -->> Ramsey Shills (Smit/Tracey/jams) -->> IT'S A FACT!!

:rage:

Also, I detect Carol McKinley sliding down the "Ramsey Lawsuit Burn" path. She was the argument for Hunter NOT INDICTING the Ramseys, IOW.

What I don't hear being said by Boyles or McKinley so far is THIS: BUT FOR HUNTER'S OBSTRUCTION OF THE INVESTIGATION, HE COULD HAVE MADE HIS CASE AGAINST THE RAMSEYS EASILY.

Clearly they've all forgotten how he buried subpoenas IMMEDIATELY, within days of the murder, along with any chance for LE to get potential evidence from the Ramseys' phone records or clothing, not to mention on-the-record interviews before Hunter GAVE TEAM RAMSEY COPIES OF ALL THE POLICE REPORTS.

I'll always believe Hunter was dirty as they come in this case.

Oh, dayum. I went and got started.... :headbang:

10. koldkase

Just an FYI: Craig Lewis did have lots of money, and plenty of lawyers, too. That's how he got to "donate" $100K to Micheal Tracey's journalism school to get the charges dropped against him...and yes, that's called BUYING "justice" in America.

Miller in fact went to trial for what Craig actually did. which is why Miller was acquitted by the jury. It cost Miller that same $100K to defend himself, though, so that's how Team Ramsey burned Miller, A HANDWRITING ANALYSIS EXPERT, for doing an analysis on the ransom note in which he concluded PATSY WROTE THE NOTE.

About those phone records: the man who was convicted of illegally obtaining the Ramseys' phone records, Rapp, in fact did so to sell them through a third party in California to an "unnamed" tabloid. Think about it.

These are the phone records walked past Steve Thomas and other BPD detectives in Boulder to the evidence room, for the prosecution of Rapp, when they were told they'd NEVER see them.

Amazing, how those who went against Team Ramsey would find themselves being prosecuted and thrown into jail, or even sued isn't it?

Hunter had no problem nailing that "criminal" Rapp down, did he?

And where are those case files, containing the Ramsey phone records, today? Probably burned long ago...but someone should finally get that subpoena and look, if the grand jury didn't.

Here's the thing: I may be altogether wrong about the phone records proving anything...but how on earth can it look any other way, when the PROSECUTING DA OBSTRUCTED DETECTIVES FROM GETTING THEM?

It's criminal investigation 101. Only a FOOL would be stupid enough to block that subpoena in a CHILD MOLESTATION, ABUSE, AND MURDER case.

Unless that FOOL was covering something up....

That's all I'm saying.

As for what Craig Lewis knows: we don't know that he ever GOT those phone records, since Rapp got caught and went to jail for obtaining them. Even if Craig did, he could never say without setting himself up for another legal bath, which could include jail time, as Rapp proved.

Just my opinion, of course.

11. koldkase

The gossip Boyles mentioned about Paula Woodward writing a Pro-RAMSEY book may also finally bring some people disgusted by Team Ramseys' lies out of the woodwork at long last, if true.

I know I'm looking foward to another tome of lying puke regurgitated by Team Ramsey.

Ah well, it reminds us how many truly evil people there are still polluting our species. Good to know! :beammeup:

12. OpenMind4U

OpenMind4U Member

WOW!!!! Thank you KK!....Would you mind to post the above on WS please?!
    We've been discussing the same issue and it would be so helpfull if YOU, by yourself, without me copying your post, would repeat the above for larger audence to read!

Thank you again. By the way, I do have Miller's book. Honestly, it was pretty hard to read but have impressive analysis, especially in reference to '100% chance of getting her back'.

jmo

13. wombat

wombat Member

Yeah, I got that too, and it's sad.

I hope when Kolar goes on Tricia's show Monday he loosens up a little. He has been very reticent about saying what he really thinks.

14. BOESP

BOESP Member

I'm not sure Kolar could (or would) say what he really thinks except in a court of law under oath. You know officers used to have to face physical death from guns etc. (and still do) in order to make an arrest and bring in a suspect. Now days they also face financial, legal and social death in the guise of law suits.

I think he'll eventually have plenty to say. I'm betting he's saving himself for the wedding night when everything is nice and legal and covered by the law. :gavel:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  15. cynic

cynic Member

Carol began the slide down the slippery slope when she began interviewing various people for her Daily Beast article relating to the release of Kolar’s book.
    She started hanging around snakes and weasels and something happened.
    This is from Tricia’s True Crime show

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t_9W8sePHDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Listen around 2:40
    Carol McKinley: “I can’t really comment on Lin Wood…
    [SNIP]
    “He and I were very cordial for the piece that I wroteâ€

16. koldkase

Sure, I'll go paste it there now.

BTW, you have "Miller's book"? The one published in Japan? If so...you're about to be bombarded with QUESTIONS! :reporter:

17. koldkase

Thanks, cynic. I did notice that, as well. I wanted to attribute it to her making an effort to be "unbiased" at the time, especially with her history with Team Ramsey's slapsuit. That's why it's called a SLAPsuit, BTW.

But listening to Carol on Peter's show, it seems she's over-compensating, licking her wounds as she slides the blinders on. :monkey:

It's human, I guess. I don't know what she suffered, but I'm sure it was as much torture as powerful Team Ramsey could inflict.

18. heymom

heymom Member

Well, I don't have an inordinate amount of respect for Peter Boyles' opinion. Thomas Kolar HAS seen the case file - ALL of it - and it comes through in his book pretty strongly that he DOES believe that Burke was involved, if not the perpetrator. I'll place my bets on Kolar's opinion.

19. BobC

Well it's just that kind of hand-wringing, non-committal attitude that I've grown very tired of. Every case has risks. Every case has problems. Just that ransom note alone should have put Patsy's pert behind on a jail cot. She'd have talked. But there was NO pressure put on either one of them.

Carole seriously angered me when she started explaining what a marvelous decision it was for Hunter to enlist Smit to get the "defense side of things." Lou Smit WAS the defense! Smit went far, far beyond playing the devil's advocate.

Virtually every action done by Hunter and Lacy, if you get beyond all the hand-wringing and excuse making, directly sabotaged any hope of the Ramseys paying for what they did. Heads should roll.:rage:

20. koldkase

I want to see the explanation for Burke's pajama bottoms lying in the floor of JB's bedroom.

Patsy said JB slept in Burke's room on Christmas Eve, didn't she?

The maid was there on the 23rd, before and during the Christmas party, right?

The maid's daughter borrowed clothing to be at the party and played with JonBenet in her room, it seems I remember reading? Anyone have more specific info on this?

Stands to reason the maid would have checked on her daughter regarding a change of clothes. She was helping Patsy with the party as well. Did that include picking up dirty clothing out of the floor, straightening up?

My point is, if it were my child, I'd have been wondering why his pj bottoms were on the floor in her room, PERIOD. Maybe there is an innocent explanation, but an autopsy discovering she'd been previously and possibly repeatedly molested does give one pause with this detail.

I also trust Kolar. Like Thomas, he has an eye for detail. I imagine Boyle is saying he doesn't think Burke could have come up with that ligature and staging, especially the note. I agree, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a non-criminal part in the events that led to what I consider murder, with mitigating circumstances. It should have been a plead down to manslaughter, at the very least, IF Burke was the one who bludgeoned his sister. And maybe he wasn't.

Personally, the missing pieces for me are who was molesting the child before that night and who struck the head blow. If Burke were involved, that would be my guess.

What a nightmare.

McKinley must be very naive if she has completely missed that Hunter was in this up to his corrupt neck long before Smit was hired.

I agree, BobC: somewhere in this madness, Patsy wrote the fake ransom note, which should have been enough to arrest her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice