Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on January 1st 1997?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 7, 2005.

1. sue

sue Member

Now, that would be interesting. It should be possible to find out by the numbers and brand on the brush.

2. Niner

Niner Active Member

ooohhh... me too... please.... :laughup:

Have a bunch of questions and comments - LOVE this thread - great thinking everyone!!

But I have to type fast, as the Huz is making dinner and I hope its not done, before I'm done!! :cool2:

3. Niner

Niner Active Member

Ditto here Tricia!!

I remember Jahazafat's theory!! I thought it was a good one -but it semed like no one was paying attention to her! I was!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  4. Niner

Niner Active Member

snip...
    or any day so far either!! :curse: :curses: 2740 PLUS days in fact!! and counting for JfJBR! god damnit.... :rage: do ya think this MIGHT be the year.... :justice: :dammit:

that means - "no" he did NOT ask them to vote!! I betcha!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  5. Niner

Niner Active Member

Hi Sue - welcome to FFJ!! :hiya: (I LOVE these icons!) anyway...

could be from the party on the 23rd? or from the open house - don't recal the date but it WAS in December (wasn't it? :confused: ) And those 'other' animal hairs? wonder why THEY are not identified - or maybe they are and not telling!! :shutup: Little had a good thought on those brushes, but I thought I'd "seen" somewhere that that WAS explored some while ago - or am I going it nuts?? :crosseyed :crosseyed

could these hairs be MINK?? hmmm.... guess WE won't find out too soon. :-(

6. Niner

Niner Active Member

okay I'm done - JUST in time - dinner is served!! :eat:

I :bow: down to you all - this is a great thread!

:yay:

:gottarun: I'll come back at work tomorrow and see if anyone's 'seen' my comments! :hiya:

7. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hi Niner! :uthere:

Just wanted to let you know I saw your thread and love how you peppered it with little icons! :yes:

I have nothing to add to this conversation except that I totally agree with what everyone's posting and love to see this kind of discussion and sleuthing. :pcguru: :takeabow: :sleuth: :sleuth: :grouphug:

Thanks to Jahazafat for coming forward with this insightful info that we can follow thru on too. You're the best! :wave: :hug:

8. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Just curious. . .

Why isn't Jahazafat posting here at Forums For Justice on this topic?

It would be great to hear her ideas/thoughts.

Just curious.

9. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

I've asked myself. . .

could it be possible that some sick individual ordered this doll and had it sent to Access Graphic in JonBenet's name like the unidentified person who left the naked and bound Barbies? If so, it would HAVE to be someone close enough to the family to have the knowledge that JonBenet collected the American Girl dolls.

Or . . .

could it be that someone ordered that doll and sent it to Access Graphics in JonBenet's name as a way to torture/haunt John and Patsy? Was it a way of saying, "I know you did this?" Again, it would have to be someone close to the family to know that the American Girl dolls were even significant.

I don't know. Just a thought.

I knew a woman who had a cat she adored. Her neighbor killed the cat. She never said a word to him about killing her cat, but several times a week she would call him on the phone and simply meow into the receiver and hang up. She wanted to haunt him for killing that cat. This went on for years.

10. VP

VP Member

Damn, no caller ID or *69? I think after a couple of years, at least, I'd have alerted the authorities and had the number traced.

I think that on January 1, even January 5, if someone delivered a doll to a "JonBenet Ramsey" it would have gotten a lot of attention in the lobby of Access Graphics. Picture it - delivery guy says he has a package for JonBenet...someone has to sign for it and pay the COD charges, right? I think, with all the noteriety of the case in those first few weeks and months, that someone at Access would have contacted the BPD. Maybe long before an employee of the company that sent the doll out. And there may be something to it, very possibly, in fact. This was not mentioned in any of the books, so the incident may be part of the evidence we haven't seen or heard of before.

11. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Lol, Vp

This happened in the 70's. No caller id back then!!! In my opinion, the guy knew who was calling him and why. He knew that he was wrong for killing the cat and just took the calls as a reminder. Also, she was an old woman, so he probably didn't want to press the issue.

12. Elle

Elle Member

I've used camel hair brushes, Little for oil paints, and synthetic brushes for acrylics. I know there are some different ones out there.

13. VP

VP Member

oh chit, sorry, I thought the guy who killed the cat was doing the meowing. That makes more sense. Blonde and wine don't mix! :frog2:

14. Little

Little Member

Thanks Elle. Well, everything certainly came from whatever was inside the house. There's nothing that doesn't have a Ramsey connection.

Little

15. sue

sue Member

The original post in this thread said it was paid for by a money order I think.

16. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

"The original post in this thread said it was paid for by a money order I think."

You are right, sue, about the post to that effect. But if you think about it, someone at a corporate/business office paying for any delivery by money order instead of corporate check is REALLY suspicious, even if it's not a delivery to the boss' just-murdered child. Some effort should be made to determine if this was ever investigated by BPD or BDA.

17. VP

VP Member

From Jahazafat's website:

A 'replacement' doll was delivered by UPS to John Ramsey's office within days of the murder. It was paid for blindly with a money order. Is it sentimental or sinister?

If the doll was DELIVERED within DAYS of the murder - 6, to be exact - then one of four scenarios had to have happened concerning ordering, processing, and delivery, IMO.

1. The doll was ordered through a call center - not likely since the person placing the order wanted to use a money order to pay - they will not process an order without payment first. So the money order has to be mailed - regular post from Boulder to the processing center would be at least 3-5 days, let's use 3 days. Processing the order takes another 24 hours once the money order and order form is received - a phone number is usually required, but maybe not. So now we are up to 4 days to get to the point of processing - delivery takes 5-7 business days to Boulder.

Since I think it is safe to assume the order was probably not placed on Thursday, December 26, 1996, the earliest the order would have been set into motion would have been Friday, December 27. This, at best, would likely add another day to the mailing process...Sunday being a day the post office would be closed.

So, money order is placed in the envelope and mailed on Friday, 12/27 ---- arrives at the processing center on Tuesday (at the very earliest), 12/31/1996 - a holiday, New Year's Eve. Do they process it on New Year's Eve or January 1, 1997, New Year's Day? Not likely, but, maybe. Let's say they do. After the order has been processed, it takes at least 5-7 BUSINESS days to deliver the order via UPS or USPS to it's destination in Boulder. The earliest deliver would have been on Wednesday, January 8, 1997.

2. FedEx overnight money order - Possible, but very traceable with routing information and a phone number from sender being absolutely required. Sent on Friday, 12/27 - arrives on Monday, 12/30 (FedEx was not delivering on Saturday in 1996) for processing. Processing takes 24 hours - processed by Tuesday, 12/31, New Year's Eve. The order takes 5-7 business days to reach it's destination after processing. New Year's day is not considered a business day - so it goes out on Thursday, January 2, 1997. Even by over-nighting the money order, the doll could not possibly have reached Boulder on January 1, 1997.

3. COD - They do not do COD.

4. The doll was ordered with a money order long before Christmas - possibly three to four weeks before Christmas by a family member or one of John's staff - again, using a money order they would have mailed it, and due to the holiday mail being slower than usual, it did not arrive until New Year's Day...when the Access office was likely closed.

I vote #4, for obvious reasons - time frame, and because an innocent explanation for the doll being delivered on New Year's day to Access would eliminate any further need for investigation by BPD or the DA's office.

18. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

VP, here is the cog in your theory. It's my understanding that the doll order was placed on Jan. 1st 1997. The money order was sent in, then the doll was shipped.

The key is when the doll order was placed. If this information is correct then there is a big story here. We just don't have all of the pieces to this story puzzle...yet!

19. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia, I wonder if "Pleasant Company" would be willing to let you know who ordered the doll, under your quest for "justice for JonBenét? What have you got to lose by phoning them? Who knows, maybe with you being the owner of Forums For Justice, they might listen to you, as opposed to some of the rest of us (?).

You or AcandyRose (?). Someone with Clout! Just a thought!

20. VP

VP Member

"In the spring of 2000 I searched and found an order listed as ordered by and shipped to JonBenet herself on Pearl Street, January 1, 1997."

Tricia, I am going by the above statement and the fact that Jahazafat says the doll was ordered and shipped within DAYS of the murder -

"A doll was shipped to the father's office a week after she was dead." http://forum.onecenter.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?c=msg&fid=yz12&mid=6209

"A replacement doll was delivered to Access Graphics via UPS about ten days after the murder." http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...american+girl+doll"+++jonbenet&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

10 days - order mailed 12/27 - arrives for process 12/31 - processed for shipment (24 hrs) 1/1/97 - shipped 1/2/97 (Thursday) - takes 5-7 business days - earliest arrival - 1/8...13 days after JonBenet's death.

If it was "ordered" on January 1, and the method of payment was a money order or Cashier's check, the order would still have come through the mail - it could not have been called in. So, December 27 was a Friday - mail would have run on Saturday and Monday. Given the order actually arrived through the mail to the center on New Year's Eve, or New Year's day, the processors would have had to input the order on the holiday. The police were with the Ramseys 24/7 for the first few days - if Patsy or John ordered the doll, they would have to go out and purchase a money order and mail it to the processing center. This early in the game, no one at Access could possibly have put together the duct tape and the doll, so it would have to be Patsy or John to place the order and purchase the money order or cashier's check. I think the BPD officers watching them would have noticed such a strange set of events.

If it was DELIVERED on January 1, then I stand by my previous post - it had to be an order placed before JonBenet's death on 12/26.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice