Sexual Behavior Problems (SBP) - from James Kolar's book about Ramsey case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 27, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I agree with all of you: excellent work, wombat.

I had completely forgotten about that "fire" comment of Kolar's.

About the dog: I have a sadistic brother who did some awful things to us when we were children. My parents were busy working and back in those days, at least in our home, children weren't watched or analyzed much, if at all. Suffice it to say that telling my parents something they didn't want to hear at the end of a tiring day resulted in either minimizing the issues and dismissing them as child's play, denying them entirely, or worst case, having recriminations rain down on you for bothering them.

But to us who were being bullied, it was a day-to-day reality. I don't mean to be whining, as no blood was ever drawn and nobody died. Siblings can do awful things to each other, as I think we all know, without even being bad people, but just children acting in a dynamic created by the group. A lot of skills we learn during those developmental years can be a benefit as adults.

All by way of saying I got a dog once, my first, a birthday surprise which my father actually worked as a woman's gardener to pay for, in addition to his mill job. We were the working class poor, and this didn't happen often, so it was very special in many ways. The dog was a pug, sickly at that; my mom nursed him to health and he was so precious to me. That was when I was about 12; I had him two years.

That's because one day he disappeared. I was heartbroken. We'd had dogs before which got killed on the nearby roads, etc., so it wasn't a foreign idea to me, but I kept him in the house and he wasn't allowed outside without one of us letting him out.

It wasn't until years later that I put two and two together. My dog disappeared one afternoon when my mean brother was home. My brother came in from school or wherever, and later I found the front standing door open; that's when I realized my dog was gone. My brother's story was that he "accidently" let the dog out and it must have gotten stolen, because it wasn't found dead on the road, etc. But we didn't use that front door often, other than to get the mail, as the driveway where my parents--and my brother--parked was on the side, near the "backdoor" everyone used all the time. The front yard was small, and we just didn't access it often.

Also, while I was looking frantically for my dog, my brother was nowhere to be found, either.

Like many of life's mysteries, as an adult with more life experience, I had my Aha! moment. I realized that it was a setup; my brother took the dog off. He did not like the dog--I could speculate many reasons for this, but no point. Dogs recognize evil people and my dog didn't like him, either. So my brother either took the dog off and dropped it somewhere, or worse. My hope is that he gave it to a girlfriend to impress her: the dog was solid white, a pure-breed.

My brother is a consummate liar. I can't tell you how many awful things he's done to us. But my parents always believed him, made excuses for him, and finally even lied for him, when it came down to it.

Which I guess is neither here nor there, but I'm trying to paint a picture of the kind of person who might mistreat an animal because his sister loves it.

Of course, with these kinds of people there's always some gap in evidence, so much speculation, because they are at least one, if not many, steps ahead of you. If you don't think like they do, you can't understand their thought processes until you've spent a lot of time uncovering what they have spent much more time covering up.

If that makes sense....

So your observation, wombat, about the dog has brought up a painful memory for me, one which may or may not be insight into why Jacques went to live with a neighbor.

Anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and share this on the off chance it might be relevant or thought-provoking, and forgive me if I've blundered in the telling.

2. otg

otg Member

This is nothing but pure speculation here, but you got me thinking, KK (You're really good at that!).

What was the story on Jacques again? There were two Jacques, right? They got rid of one (supposedly), and got the other one hoping JonBenet wouldn't notice the difference? And then the new one ended up spending most of its time at the Barnhills' -- until 12-26-96, when it became a permanent resident.

Now, rethink that whole scenario in the context of KolkKase's story of her brother. Could it actually have been something along the same line?

3. Learnin

Learnin Member

Wombat, surely, has brought up a very intriguing point about Jacques. It's not, at all, far-fetched to consider mis-treatment as the reason he was spending time at the Barnhills'.

4. wombat

wombat Member

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Got a little revved up this morning.

And KoldKase, I am so sorry about your brother and your doggie. I almost didn't read your post because I can't take learning about people doing bad things to dogs, and it's worse when someone hurts a dog in order to hurt a human.

In regard to Kolar and the media, I don't think anyone is paying any attention to this except us and a couple other forums. Only if BPD takes some action will there be any media. Wonder what's going on there, if anything.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

My blood boils when I hear of someone hurting animals. They are "God's eyes" here on earth, IMO.
    KK, what became of your mean brother? That behavior usually escalates as someone grows up. I feel so bad you had to go through that. I hope your parents figured out what happened.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

First of all, I am so sorry to hear your story KK. Not easy to deal with. Horrible. I cry when a cartoon animal dies. DeeDee, you are so right. Animals are so trusting and love unconditionally. There are more people that are azzholes than animals, I've discovered.

Didn't the original Jacques die and Patster replaced him with another Bichon so she didn't have to tell JonBenet?

I never thought about Burke possibly abusing/hurting the dog(s), but good lord, maybe that did happen. I never put two & two together about Jacques 2 living with the Barnhills. It sounds more sinister the more I think about it.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Oh, KK, I am so sorry you had such a bad time as a young girl with your older brother making sure you didn't have your little dog to love when you came home, and your parents not doing anything about it. It's understandable this anger is still inside you. It's good for you to release this here, you will feel all the better for it. I hope your older brother doesn't bother you now. I also hope he has been paid back in full for all the heartache he caused you.

Don't feel bad about letting this go. It's now blowing in the wind. Gone!
    Take care of yourself, KK. Enjoy your life.

8. Elle

Elle Member

It makes sense doesn't it, Thor, little Jacque being taken care of by the neighbours (?). Proof the Ramseys knew Burke would have been cruel to him.
    I wonder if anything happened to the first one. I really don't remember anything about this!(?).

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This is also very consistent with BR's medical records being kept from LE. The Rs asked the DA for (and got) an "island of privacy" (according to Kolar) with regard to the family medical records, including BR. There HAD to be a reason for that which had something to do with the crime. If he was being treated by a psychiatrist for disturbing behavior (hurting animals, hurting his sister, molesting his sister, etc) that would certainly point investigators in his direction.

10. Karen

Karen Member

Jacques #1 was sick and Patsy took him back to the pet store where she bought him and got another one.

Ordered the book and I'll have it on Thursday. I'll do a quick scan and let you all know if there's anything different or new in it.

icedtea4me likes this.
  11. Thor

Thor Active Member

Oh, so he didn't die. For some reason, I thought that happened. Thanks for this Karen. All I remember was she didn't tell JonBenet it was a new dog and tried to pass it off as the old Jacques.

12. koldkase

Thanks to all for your kindnesses. I don't mean to enlist sympathy, though. It was a long time ago and I have had little contact with my brother in the last 30 years. I also don't mean to disparage my parents, who worked hard all their lives to provide for us and never complained once about it, that I ever heard. We all survived, at least, and that's more than the Ramseys can say.

We all have our weaknesses, and I've maintained that the Ramseys would have gotten a lot of sympathy from most of us had they simply been decent enough to take responsibility for what happened and not go on a lifelong rampage of entitlement and attack on anyone who didn't go along with their lies and deceit to cover up their horrible secrets.

The truth is coming out now, though. And it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that their sense of entitlement and pathological drive to lie and deceive others so they could protect their pretentious lifestyle is exactly why JonBenet ended up strangled in their basement.

Poor baby. She never stood a chance.

13. koldkase

I do remember reading that Jacques 2 ended up with the Barnhills because he wasn't ever house-trained and would pee all over the carpets.

How ironic is that?

14. heymom

heymom Member

Bichons tend to be piddlers. They are very nervous and usually very submissive and when they submit, they pee. They also respond to chaos and anxiety which I would imagine the Ramsey household included quite a lot of, as well as tension.

I see above that Patsy said Burke and JonBenet were very close. What a whopper that was!!!! Everyone who knew them knew better. Burke had nothing in common with his little sister except their two parents. And he probably resented the hell out of all the attention she got from Patsy, through the pageants.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Maybe Burke should have been removed from the house DeeDee, and given special treatment until he was finally cured of whatever he was doing to the dog and JonBenét (?). The Ramseys failed both their children here!

16. Elle

Elle Member

You're right heymom, Patsy lied about her children being close. It was only natural for young Burke to be jealous of the attention given to JonBenét. The Ramsey females gathered around a table sewing sequins on a regular basis for her pageant costumes.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It is VERY rare that a parent would allow a child to be removed from their home voluntarily and it before authorities would do it (especially in liberal Boulder) there has to be more evidence than molestation (seen as not unusual between siblings) or hitting her with a golf club (said to be an accident). Accidents like that DO happen in families and there did not seem to be a patten of repeated injuries of that nature to JB caused by her brother. There simply was no reason, as far as authorities were concerned, to force the removal of BR from the home. Even IF BR had been known to have been molesting her. Unfortunately, in a case like that, it often takes a horrific event like the unintended death of a sibling (the sexual assault notwithstanding) for all concerned to realize just HOW severe his "problems" were.
    Sadly, animals are regarded as "property" legally, and although there are ordinances prohibiting animal cruelty, in this case, there wasn't enough evidence and when it comes right down to it, who would report it? Not his parents, that's for sure.

18. Elle

Elle Member

I understand what you're saying here, DeeDee. I don't think any parent would be happy to have a child taken away from them by the authorities, but what if the Ramseys were ignoring the serious side of this sexual molestation with children, which I have just found out about, through Koldkase making me advance 100 pages in Kolar’s book. Surely someone has to step in and take charge of the situation and prevent sexual abuse upon the younger female child, if the parents are not doing it? I feel the death of little JonBenét Ramsey could have been prevented if the Ramseys had taken Burke's sexual attacks on JonBenét more seriously. There was evidence of previous abuse after her body was examined.

What troubles me here, DeeDee, is the fact Patsy Ramsey was more interested in JonBenét appearing in pageants, than having her young son Burke treated for sexual molestation with JonBenét. The evidence is there. This little girl was being sexually abused by her older brother. There is no one more stunned than I am to have read the pages of Chief Kolar's book relating to sexual molestation between children. . I still haven't recovered from it, and I am ashamed to be learning this in my late Senior years. What is the matter with this world? Why don't they educate all of us. Put it in the newspapers so everyone will know! It is obvious this sexual interference had been going on for a very long time.

John and Pasty Ramsey failed to take full charge of both their children when they needed it most; especially with young Burke's health problems and thus preventing the death of his younger sister JonBenét! They both failed them ! I don't know how John Ramsey puts his head on his pillow and sleeps at night! (?). Talking about sleeping it's way past midnight here in Canada.
    Goodnight!

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

This Mod isn't! Patsy Still Did It! I appreciate the updates and info from Kolar, I truly do, however...Patsy is Guilty period. Even IF (Big If) she helped cover up for Burke that is still a crime.

I noticed that ever since Patsy was lowered into her grave, any real fight from Ramsey camp is as dead as she is...I have No worries that I have accused an Innocent Person of Murdering her own child. NONE.

Long Live Steve Thomas!!!
    RR

20. koldkase

Hey, Rat. Good to see you. Big hugs.

I'm with you on this. I still think Patsy was at least half of the violence, involved with the ligature strangulation and/or staging, at least. Too many fibers from her clothing were all over the paint tray, duct tape, and crime scene, including tied into the ligature knots. Her and Burke's fingerprints were on the bowl of pineapple, as well as their DNA was on the blanket wrapped around the body. Her paintbrush was used, as well. She lied to LE repeatedly and without hesitation, IMO.

Also, the ligature strangulation took place some time after the head blow, and the cellar room staging is not something a 9/10 year old would do, not to mention there's no question in my mind she wrote the ransom note. I can't see a tired Burke hanging around a dark basement in the middle of the night to strangle his sister an hour or more after he bludgeoned her.

Of course these are simply my thoughts and speculations, but I've always suspected this was truly a family affair.

Yes, hearing Steve again was very good. He and Kolar together were so interesting. Their dynamic is something I'll always appreciate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice