John Ramsey's New Book - The Other Side of Suffering

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 18, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I can't imagine how much this murder case took out of Thomas; I can imagine with his own little girl, he does think of how wantonly and with such determination JonBenet's entire family and friends abandoned her when she needed them most.

2. Karen

Karen Member

I have this book and I'm about halfway through it.
    It seems John has had a memory failure, or he's just trying to rewrite history. Example: when he went down to the basement and found the open basement window he says in the book it was wide open. And he left it open and went back upstairs and said to a policeman about it. Later in the story he says he carried Jonbenet up the stairs and laid her beside the Christmas tree.
    Didn't Linda Arndt always say she didn't move Jonbenets body? Hmmm.
    If anybody who doesn't have the book cares to hear the inconsistencies I've found just let me know and I can post them as I come across them. There are more than these two I just posted but I have limited computer time tonite and can't post the rest right now.
    Oh, and that letter he wrote to Hunter and gave his lawyer to give to him? Remember he said he could read it but he couldn't change a word of it? He includes in in the book. I don't remember ever reading it before so it may be the first time it's being revealed.
    However it seems to me like he changed some things Patsy wrote in her year end Christmas Letter in 1995. I'll have to go back and read what has been published because it's been awhile but what is in his book just doesn't sound like what I've read before.
    He says a lot of different things than what was said in DOI.
    Anyway, if anyone is still interested in it and doesn't have the book I'll be happy to post the highlights and discrepancies. I'll check back later.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks Karen, and yes we are most interested in whatever you are willing to share. Thank you so much.

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Karen, Yes please do keep giving us info from the new book. It sounds like John has begun selective memory or is just cleaning up his memory for whatever reason now.

Since you offered to share I certainly am interested. I don't want to give a penny to that man for any reason and yet I want to hear what he has to fabricate now. So please continue. And thank you.

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yes, I'd be interested in hearing ole Liz's writings and misinformation myself. I sure don't wanna buy this latest crap. I've got Death of Innocence already and probably wouldn't want to purchase this one. These people have always been all about selective memory, so I'm not surprised at all.

Thanks Karen, much appreciated.

6. Karen

Karen Member

OK. I'm going to go look over the passages and check some things out for comparison and get organized and then I'll be back. Today is my sons birthday and I'm busy but I'll do what I can asap. I just want to make sure I post things in an organized way.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Karen.

Just reading about how John is trying to rewrite case history in order to burnish his image made me want to smack his lizard tongue through the back of his head!

(This is for Thor ... :D)

Attached Files:

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

OMG Chero and I thought you were such a mild mannered woman. Well well. I know that just the thought of JR and his new book make most folks turn into thugs...me too. hee hee

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

HAHAHA I needed that Chero! Haven't seen that tongue in action in awhile, thanks for my fix, lmao!

10. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

The revisionist history, inconsistencies and outright falsehoods are amazing to behold, yes? I await the Kindle version on the 14th, but even with the "Look Inside" version, you can see John cares little for facts, even ones that a failing memory could compensate for with a little research.

John tells the story of the My Twinn doll and JonBenet's rejection of it thus: "Patsy shrugged, then examined the doll in the box and gave a shudder. Leaning toward me, she whispered, 'John, this doll lying in the box with her blond hair spread out and eyes closed -- my gosh, it looks like a child in a casket! It kind of gives me the creeps.'" Why did both Patsy in DOI and John in OSOS emphasize the closed eyes, when at no point have My Twinn dolls ever had eyes that closed?

John says JonBenet was on Christmas morning given a gold bracelet inscribed with her name and the date of Christmas, but Patsy had said several times in the past that JonBenet was given that bracelet before the party on the 23rd, so if John was at all an observant he would have seen her wearing it for a couple of days already.

Ah, the bicycle. What is the latest version of the story these days? In OSOS John says JonBenet got on her new bike and John personally helped her ride it all the way around the block, but in DOI and in interviews John was always adamant that one of the things he regretted was not taking the time to help her ride her new bike for even a minute before they all left for the party at the White's house. (Or, as he wrote in DOI, "Later I wished I had taken those extra few minutes. I wish I had remembered the oft-quoted axiom that children spell love T-I-M-E. I would never again be able to watch her ride a bike. The new bike was later donated to a church without her ever having enjoyed it.")

11. Elle

Elle Member

I can't get over John Ramsey's narcisstic choice of having his own face on the cover of his book "The Other Side of Suffering". He really is trying to win the non believers over, isn't he?

I don't have the time to read this book. Can't see myself getting involved with it, but I appreciate being updated here by Karen, WhyNut and all the other posters who will be contributing if they read it. More power to all of you!

12. Elle

Elle Member

The way to go, Cherokee! I'll never forget Thor's post when she christened John Ramsey "Lizard Tongue." I was very concerned for her, but she came through unscathed. [​IMG]

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

JR first placed JB in the foyer, just off the living room. Det. Arndt thought the area was "too heavily trafficked" and she moved her under the tree in the living room.
    I'd love to see his discrepancies. More fiction, I guess. Should we alert the bookstores to put this book in the "Fiction" section?

14. Cherokee

YES!!!

And while we're at it, we need to alert the media as well because you know how they never research the facts but always rely on whatever the Ramseys say at the time to be truth! I swear, I think today's media is nothing but a bunch of plastic, bobble-headed interviewers who grovel and nod at every Ramsey word, or they are print reporters who only cut and paste, with never an attempt to research real case history.

Arrrgghhhh! Just talking about this new book of crap-varnished lies from John Ramsey makes my blood pressure go up! We have fought this battle for so long, ever since Christmas 1996, and the Ramseys always win. THEY get the book deals when people with REAL information on the case are told they can't be published for fear of lawsuits from the Ramseys. THEY get the favorable press from a fawning media who trumpet crazy Mary Lacy's worthless exhoneration to a gullible public. THEY get the sympathy while their bus victims get nothing and have to live the rest of their lives under its shadow.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE INEQUITY IN THIS CASE! The perp walks free and rubs our noses in it. John Ramsey knows good and well that Patsy wrote the ransom note and there was no intruder!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  15. Cherokee

Zoomama - I'm sorry your image of me has been shattered, but I'm mad as heck and can't take it anymore! :) :rs:

Thor - you're welcome! I think "Lizard Lips" one of the nicer things I can think of to call John "I never met a lie I didn't like" Ramsey. Heh. :D

Elle - Thanks, my friend! You're welcome to come along and help with my tongue lashing (pun intended) of John Ramsey!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  16. Thor

Thor Active Member

Chero, I'm with you on your post! I'm furious. I just want some answers here.

I'm glad to see Why Nut posting again, can't agree more.

Elle, love you!

17. Why_Nut

(edited to add: good lord, apologies for breaking everyone's tables!)

See, there was a time back in the day when the Ramseys could count on most of the world not having the tools to research their various claims, and so they could say things like "The My Twinn doll had closed eyes" and feel reasonably sure nobody would dispute it. But hey look, all these years later, all these BILLIONS of Google Images posted online by people who have absolutely nothing to do with the Ramsey case, and what do we find? We find that we can see for ourselves what a My Twinn doll looks like fresh in the box. They look like this...

and like this...

and like this...

[​IMG]

and like this...

[​IMG]

and like this...

Is it not fascinating on even a trivial level let alone a case-significant one that all My Twinn dolls seem to come with a white ribbon around the neck, an artifact John and Patsy have never brought to the fore as something which JonBenet's staged death scene evokes? Why, it is almost as if *someone* keeps trying to connect dots directly from the My Twinn doll to JonBenet's body, only to have investigators and the public ignore this tidbit to the eternal frustration of the Ramseys, forcing them to plant the tidbit about "Oooo, the doll looked just like JonBenet in a casket!" over and over and over again.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The white ribbon fastens the doll to the back of the box. I can just picture what the JB version of the doll looked like. Scary. Those dolls give me the creeps anyway. It's one thing to order a custom American Girl doll, which can be ordered with various eye colors, hair colors and styles to match a little girl.
    But the MyTwinn dolls used to be one-of-a-kind dolls made from a photograph of the child, with specific face shape, moles, etc. I don't know if they are still made that way.
    If I were to see one that looked like my child, especially in its box, I'd be freaked out. And I can't imagine a child wouldn't find it disturbing to see an image of herself in that box.
    We all know JB wasn't thrilled with hers, and Patsy was surely upset about it.

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Why_Nut, I am sorry I couldn't get the pictures back in the order they were in :banghead: but at least it fixed the margins!

20. Why_Nut

You get all the cookies in the world. Also, :gomods:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice