I have questions....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, May 19, 2012.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

IMHO, vinyl-covered wire is the best candidate for the mystery object. It is difficult for any rope-like cord to maintain the straightness of the prong-like extensions shown in the photo unless there is something that reinforces the rigidity. Wire under the white vinyl coating would provide that.

The Ramseys bought the house on 15th Street in November 1991 and Patsy had the ugly stucco addition put on the original Tudor brick in 1992. There was lots of re-wiring done for the remodel, and it's conceivable the mystery object was some kind of wire left over from that project.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  2. Elle

Elle Member

Clever girl, Cherokee! A good comparison!

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Elle. Hopefully, it makes it a little bit easier to see the results of Cynic's excellent experiment. :)

4. Elle

Elle Member

Good for you, DeeDee, you nailed it!

5. Elle

Elle Member

It does! You are all so good with these photos Cherokee! If I was a real detective working on this case, I would come here and copy all your posts! [​IMG]

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Shh! We need him more than the FBI! :sleuth:

7. koldkase

Oh, that Stansport cord you bought is handy! Clearly the mystery figure is much more narrow. Good job, peeps! :clap:

8. Elle

Elle Member

You can pack up and go too KK! [​IMG] You will be of great assistance to them! I would pin a medal on you if I had one! btw
    these little string figures remind me of the little stick figures I like to draw.

9. koldkase

After comparing cynic's photos to the original, I'm thinking it's too small to be a straw? But you make a good point about the pinch at the top. I don't think an electrician would let a wire crimp like that, would he/she?

Of course, if someone was using it for something else, maybe kids playing with some leftover...?

Add this to our list of things to check out when we break into...I mean, when the case is solved....

10. koldkase

Oh, you're sweet, but I'd never make it in the FBI because I ask too many questions.

I agree on the stick figures. That's why I was thinking it looked like something kids might make in a craft exercise at school or something.

11. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Could the white vinyl-coated wire thing have been used as a means of training a plant so that its branches grow a certain way?

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That could certainly be one use for that type of coated wire.

13. Karen

Karen Member

It looks like a Christmas angel to me.
    If it is I wonder if they could have been making these as ornaments the night of the Christmas party when they made the gingerbread houses?
    This one obviously wasn't finished.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Good suggestion, Karen!

15. cynic

cynic Member

Hey, KK
    I noticed this screenshot over at WS.
    Looks like Stansport cord to me.

[​IMG]

16. koldkase

Didn't we have this discussion before? :laughup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One would think that the crime scene processors might have collected that little piece of cord, wouldn't one?

On the other hand, maybe it went the way of the package of size 12-14 Bloomies the Ramseys seem to have disappeared...twice now.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Why are we back to this cord KK? Fill me in please! I have a bad summer cold and can't be bothered backtracking! [​IMG]

18. koldkase

I'm just ribbing cynic.

I think his point is this is a much better photo than we've had to work with before.

It does look like Stansport when viewed in this shot.

At the very least it appears that someone had something very similar in their window well the night a murdered child was found nearby strangled with Stansport cord.

[​IMG]

Thanks to whomever got this screen shot, and thanks cynic for bringing it to our attention. I'm going to add it to the case library.

19. heymom

heymom Member

:eek:

Patsy blew it on that one! John came UP from the basement screaming??? OK, then, right there, we have the moment of the head blow! When else would John have screamed from the basement?? He didn't scream when he found Jon-Benet, he just brought her upstairs. OMG Patsy gave the detectives the crime and they just blew right by it!

20. heymom

heymom Member

To me, that little piece of cord looks like packing string. Not cotton twine, but the stuff they use around packages that is shiny plastic, KWIM? It doesn't tear, but you can cut it. Does not look at all like the same cord that was tied around Jon-Benet's neck and hands, which was a matte with a texture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice