Jerry Sandusky Found Guilty on 45 Counts!!!

Discussion in 'Crimes, Trials & Missing Persons' started by Cherokee, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

It appears I spoke too soon..........

Here is a link to a news article I just read which states that emails reveal JoePa did encourage them not to turn in Sandusky right after the shower incident. It also implicates the Penn officials who say they didn't know what was going on. Gotta love technology! Oops, guys!

http://www.nydailynews.com/joe-pate...erry-sandusky-emails-reveal-article-1.1105285

Great post as usual, Cherokee. I wasn't aware of his neighbors feelings. Going to go and hunt up some of their comments now.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Driver. I guess you can tell I have very strong feelings about this case!

As for the neighbor's feelings - here's the news article I read. I should have posted the link earlier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ase-emotions/2012/06/23/gJQAzESJyV_story.html

Thanks for the link you posted. Oh wow, this blows the whole cover up of "who knew what when" wide open, and it certainly implicates JoePa as not only knowing more than he let on, he actively discouraged Penn State administrators from notifying Second Mile and the Department of Public Welfare.

http://www.nydailynews.com/joe-pate...erry-sandusky-emails-reveal-article-1.1105285

"The emails were sent in 2001, two weeks after assistant coach Mike McQueary found Sandusky and a boy in a shower - and three years after another shower incident.

They reveal that Penn State administrators planned to alert Sandusky's Second Mile charity and the state Department of Public Welfare, but dropped that idea after consulting with Paterno.

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps," Curley wrote to Schultz and Spanier.

The officials even acknowledged in the emails that not raising the red flag about Sandusky's conduct could land them in hot water "down the road."

All these people knew Sandusky was a pedophile, but they didn't do anything about it! How in the world can Jerry continue his "I'm innocent" lie in the face of Penn State coaches and administrators (even those who covered for him) saying they knew what he did was wrong? This should put a stop to his family and lawyers saying it was all a big conspiracy for money. Well, it SHOULD, but it won't! :mad:

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Well lookie here. Back in 2001 top University officials discussed Jerry Sandusky's behavior.

http://chronicle.com/article/records...stions/132725/

They all knew what was going on and sent emails back and forth. JoePa didn't email so he was left out of that part of it. He however was brought into the discussion and knew all about the meeting. Those emails now are going to be given much scrutiny now that they have come to light. This whole case is getting worse by the day. Everyone is scrambling to find his innocence where he may. some will have to look very hard for a very long time to find any. The Paterno family is also scrambling to protect JoePa's reputation by saying that he didn't email.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I don't think this is entirely off topic but...today's paper stated that there will be records released tomorrow, Thursday, re. Joepa's (Joe Paterno) participation in discussions re. Sandusky. that is all the report said. Hmmmm.

5. Cherokee

Sandusky Sentenced to 30 to 60 Years in Prison!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ced-Penn-State-Child-Sex-Abuse-173267581.html

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a long enough sentence. I know the judge says he will likely die in prison, but I'm worried about parole. Some states will let you out in half the time, which means Sandusky might be out in 15 years, but maybe Pennsylvania doesn't have that law.

Sandusky's refusal to admit his crimes and blame it all on a vast conspiracy is ludicrous and evil. His attempt to preserve his "legacy" is pitiful. No one believes him but his self-delusional wife, Dottie. It would help Sandusky's victims so much if he would express remorse and say what he did was wrong, asking forgiveness, but he cannot even give them that. Even now, Sandusky is putting himself first, not his victims; but then, that is the mark of a true sociopath and pedophile.

At least we know he can't harm other young boys for the next 15 years, and hopefully, not ever again.

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Oh Chero I totally agree. This man is so ill he spent 15 min. of the court's time telling how he was innocent of these charges and how he helped underpriv kids. Oh yucky poo to him. I still don't know if he will get out after serving about half of his sentence but the sentence read a minimum of 30 years. So I sure hope it will be that and nothing less.

The law suits that are coming will be something else. And then we have the trials of the Athletic director and the then Vice President, can't say their names right this minute. So the fall out from good ol' Jerry will go on and on.

7. Harley

Harley Member

The earliest he can get out is in 30 years so he will die in prison. No worries.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this good news about Sandusky being found guilty Cherokee, and for all your excellent posts in this thread,and keeping it before the public. Not an easy subject to discuss. I feel sick inside every time I think of these young boys enjoying their sports and having to go through what they went through with this evil man after the training was over. I hope they can enjoy their lives better now, knowing this man is now in prison for the rest of his life.

9. Cherokee

Oh good. Thank you for posting that, Harley. I know the last time I served on a jury, in our state the usual parole time is half of the sentence (or even less), so I was afraid he could get out in 15 years, or before!

I want Sandusky to die in prison and never be able to molest and rape another innocent young man!

10. Cherokee

Me, too, Elle. It makes me sick to think about what Sandusky got away with for so long, and how he would STILL be getting away with it if one young man hadn't insisted on speaking up and one news reporter in PA hadn't insisted on investigating his claims.

It makes me even sicker, and madder, that Sandusky refuses to admit what he did but is trying to blame his victims. The same goes for his self-righteous and self-serving wife, Dottie. She enabled him to molest these boys, and she continues to try to excuse what they both did by saying it didn't happen. They are abuse victims' worse nightmare and why more don't speak up, fearing they won't be believed.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee,

For sure, his wife earned her name "Dottie" another concocted word for "crazy" which truly suits her. She will never be able to go anywhere where people know who she is, because the look of disgust will always be in their eyes. Shame on those others who knew and kept silent.

I wonder if this serious case of Sandusky molestation of young boys will stop the coaches from showering with the young players (?).

12. Cherokee

Sandusky sex abuse victim: 'It is better to come forward'

(What a courageous young man!)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/49481172/ns/today-books/

Known as 'Victim 1,' Aaron Fisher is identifying himself publicly in advance of his book

By Lisa Flam
    10/19/2012

Known as “Victim 1” in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, the teenager who helped launch the investigation that led to the conviction of the former Penn State assistant football coach has written a book about his ordeal and is publicly identifying himself for the first time.

Aaron Fisher, now 18, says he was abused by Sandusky from the time he was 12 until he was 15. After three years of enduring abuse, he finally spoke out, finding the courage to tell his mother and high school officials, People magazine reports.

“Saying sexual abuse has happened was hard," Fisher told People. "But I wanted to help people see that it is better to come forward and tell somebody than to be silent."

With his mother, Dawn Daniels, and psychologist Mike Gillum, Fisher wrote “Silent No More: Victim 1's Fight for Justice Against Jerry Sandusky.” The book will be published on Tuesday, Oct. 23, by Ballantine, a division of Random House.

[snip]

Fisher struggled to get officials at Central Mountain High School in Lock Haven, Penn., to take his complaints about Sandusky seriously. It was officials at his own high school that slowed the case down, Fisher told ABC's "20/20" in a segment airing Friday night.

“Here I am, beside my mom, crying, telling them and they don't believe me," he said in the ABC interview. “I knew they wouldn't.”

While his high school principal told his mother that Sandusky "wouldn’t do those type of things,” Daniels went to authorities.

Still, Fisher was made to tell his story to police four times over a three-year span and testify before two grand juries — but authorities said they needed clmore victims before they could charge Sandusky.

Those delays caused Fisher to become more despondent and led him to consider suicide, he said. "I thought maybe it would be easier to take myself out of the equation," he told “20/20”. "Let somebody else deal with it."

[snip]

Now, though, Fisher, is heading to college next year and planning on studying criminal justice. He tells People that revealing his name is the start of a new phase of his life. “I’m happy it’s over,” he told the magazine.

For other abuse victims, he told People, he has this advice: “Make sure you don't give up on doing the right thing, because for every time you stay quiet, there's the person who did something to you, doing it to somebody else. Instead of being a victim, you can be a hero.”

[read the entire article at link provided above]

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you Aaaron Fisher for having the courage to come forward and finally put Sandusky behind bars where he belongs! Wishing you happiness for the rest of your life!

As you stated Cherokee he is one courageous young man!

14. Cherokee

Amen to that, Elle! He deserves the best after the hell he has been through. I admire him so much. He is a true hero for not only coming forward, but also for continuing to sound the alarm in the face of insurmountable odds, as well as being called a liar (and worse) by those in positions of authority.

15. Elle

Elle Member

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->I hope Aaron can live a normal life now, Cherokee.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice