In-Depth Discussion of Kolar's Book "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you KK for posting this. I'm printing what I can now. to help keep me focused. I believe I'm in for a long wait!

It's unbelievable it took almost a year before Patsy Ramsey's clothes were delivered to the police. I remember
    reading Boulder Police Detective Linda Arndt's clothes were bagged that very day she was in the Ramsey home
    on the 26th December, 1996. Something far wrong with this scene, KK. Makes me spit tacks!

I'm also printing cynic's National Enquirer information. This will help me
    to keep updated. Thank you guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  2. heymom

heymom Member

Fiber evidence

Yes, thank you KK, for posting this and reminding me just how much fiber evidence was found, that linked Patsy to the scene of JonBenet's murder. I keep thinking that as a mother, she could not have done such a thing as strangle her own child, but I really had forgotten how much she was implicated by fiber evidence. As I recall, John's fiber evidence was not as strong, although his was found inside JonBenet's clothing, right?

I hope my book comes soon!

3. Elle

Elle Member

Aw! How considerate of her! Brenk ??? I'm curious! Never heard of it before! Is it a code?[​IMG]

4. heymom

heymom Member

Well, I know more than I would prefer to know. I was never molested as a child, let me get that out right now.

As for his ex-wife's opinion of John Ramsey...I just don't know if we can take her word for much. People will say what they will say, and if he's good at hiding things, she could be unaware of what he does behind closed doors. Or, she could be in denial. Denial in these cases can be very strong.

Someone in that house was molesting JonBenet, someone related to her. We may never know for sure who it was. John, Burke, and Patsy are all suspects, as far as I am concerned. We can discuss who is more likely to have done the molestation, but unless someone talks, we will never know for sure.

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I don't believe John Ramsey molested anybody. In most cases, a parent who has that compulsion molests more than one child, and there is no record of any of the other kids being molested. There was no semen detected anywhere. Boys can become interested in sexual experimentation before they are physically able to produce semen/sperm. If prior molestation had been occurring with an adult male in that home, the signs of semen more than likely would have been found somewhere. On a carpet, blanket, pillow--somewhere.

I believe this was sexual experimentation which may or may not have been related to the actual murder.

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I get your point, but no way am I going to be convinced the paintbrush shoved into the child was not related to the prior molestation in some way. WAAAAAY too much coincidence for me. Even if it was just the catalyst that cause the tension in the family resulting in an outburst of anger...it was related, IMO.

But now that you bring it up...JAR's semen was on that duvet in the suitcase with a child's book near the body in the basement....

Just saying....

Maybe JR was protecting more than Burke and/or Patsy that night....

7. heymom

heymom Member

You know, I never really considered JAR as the molester. I thought that any talk of the suitcase, the duvet, etc. was just another blind alley to lead us away from the true perpetrator(s).

Do we know how old that duvet was? Do they have any way to test how old a sample of semen is? How did they discover it was JAR's semen?

Was the children's book IN the suitcase with the duvet? That's strange, very strange.

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

KK--straight up: maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But since staging is usually used to draw attention away from what really happened it is completely possible that the murder had nothing to do with anything sexual. There was a black serial rapist in Atlanta that wrote notes to investigators saying he was in the Klan--that alerted investigators that he probably wasn't white, much less in the Klan.

The injuries inside JBR's vagina from that night involving the paintbrush (I feel creepy even saying this) were not THAT extreme. It was gentle as far as sexual predators are concerned. I think the staging shows that some sort of "mild" molestation was being made to look like it was extreme--but the perpetrator didn't have the heart to really follow through. Do you really think that some sexual predator would not have left the whole paintbrush in that girl? As it stands, we have a trace of "cellulose. "

This is a RAGE KILLING, meant to look like a sexual sadistic attack. The ransom note adds a third motive (terrorism).

9. koldkase

JAR could be innocent as a lamb, for all I know. But...someone used his old suitcase to help create an "exit" for a faux intruder, so they dragged JAR into this, not us.

I mean, come on: in the actual crime scene video we see on The Daily Beast of the basement "train room" and "broken window" area, there is a small CHAIR and a STEPPING STOOL. FEET FROM THE WINDOW. But we have had it drummed into our heads for 15 years that the old intruder decided to use a SUITCASE to step up and out the small window. That came straight from JR and Lou Smit, so if JAR is innocent, he has them to thank for that red herring with JAR's name on it.

They identified JAR's semen because, thanks to John and Patsy, the suitcase came into play with a duvet and child's book inside it. The duvet was also tested for fibers, even reported by Smit to be a match to those in the child's genital area. (This is another conflict of information, as in 2000 in Atlanta interviews with the Ramseys, Boulder LE said John's dark wool shirt was the source. After reading Kolar's book, I don't see how anyone with a functioning brain can accept anything Smit ever said without extreme scrutiny. Smit flat made stuff up--which of course, we suspected all along.)

The exam of the duvet also turned up JAR's semen, matched because of course his DNA had been developed to compare against other crime scene samples. The Ramseys and JAR said the suitcase belonged to JAR, it was his duvet, brought from his dorm or some such. JR said he took the suitcase downstairs and it was DEFINITELY not supposed to be "in that area." JR said it was kept under the stairs or some such. Heh. Interesting that the intruder went HUNTING for a SUITCASE to help climb out the window, when a stool and chair were RIGHT THERE. What kind of fool believes this stuff?

JAR was also, statistically speaking, in the perfect age group as the highest percentage of sexual abusers of siblings: older brothers, teen-to-young adult, particularly. Of course, this doesn't mean he was the abuser. But he was the only child of JR rarely mentioned in DOI and never pictured, if memory serves. We noticed. There was also a week or so before Christmas when JAR's whereabouts are a mystery to us, when he left Boulder, allegedly, on Dec. 19th, and then popped up in the story again on Christmas Eve, about the same time as Grandpa Paugh showed up on his "stand-by" flight to Atlanta.

Weird on top of weirder. All these things could have innocent explanations, of course, but we never hear them, do we? Of course we're going to be looking at these things, as the Ramseys decided to go public to convince the world they are innocent--minus the BPD, of course.

Another example: what was the title of the Dr. Seuss book in the suitcase? The RST has made a major deal out of that through the years by refusing just to say what it is. I think they actually want to keep JAR on the hot seat, another red herring, because keeping people confused is to their advantage, since there is obviously no actual intruder to be found.

10. koldkase

BobC, I love you to bits, but trust me on this: that assault with that paintbrush was EXTREMELY painful.

But I do think it was to cover up the prior molestation, not any sexual assault for the purpose of being sexual in any way that night.

I'm hoping the child was far from being capable of registering the pain by that point.

I do agree with the "rage killing" theory. That head injury was major anger.

11. koldkase

If you are under any illusion that Mark Beckner and the BPD are interested in continuing to investigate this case in any way, his current statements to the media that the case is officially cold and is no longer being actively investigated should be an eye opener.

In his book, Kolar talks several times about Beckner's attitude towards the case. Some interesting observations:

Beckner actually GAVE the case to then DA Lacy in 2002, because she had no actual authority to take the case away from the BPD when the investigation was moved to her Office entirely.

Lin Wood loves to take credit for that, and I think he was the tipping point for it when he threatened to sue Boulder, but as Kolar lays it out, the Ramseys had been working with the DA's Office since 1998. John Ramsey had been meeting with and exchanging letters with Lou Smit, a DA investigator then; removing the BPD from the investigation was a topic of their exchanges.

The '98 interviews with the Ramseys were conducted by the DA's investigators and effectively excluded the BPD. In 1998 Hunter determined the actual BPD investigators who knew the case best would not be called to work on or testify for the Grand Jury. The BPD was out: done deal.

But this...RIGHT HERE...says it all. When DA Garnett was elected in 2008, he turned the case back over to the BPD and Beckner. Kolar recounts Beckner's cool response to an actually important step which could further anaylze one of the most important pieces of evidence in the case, the ransom note:

From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?, by A. James Kolar; pages 366-67:

12. koldkase

13. Niner

Niner Active Member

Way behind in reading this thread, but wanted to ask...

For you that have read Kolar's book - is the Burke interview in there, or any bits of it?? I, too, Thor have to wait until my next paycheck to buy the book!

Me, too, cynic, now THAT would be very interesting! Wasn't she a poster on here once, or am I thinking of Miller's wife/friend?

14. Elle

Elle Member

Koldkase,

I thought the paintbrush action was actually done after JonBenét was dead to camouflage any existing evidence of molestation. Same deal with the garrote which was also added to the fictitious crime. I always thought JonBenét died from the vicious blow to her head done by someone with a violent temper - maybe Burke with the flashlight if JonBenét was bothering him (?). I'm repeating myself from another post, but we all do this. Burke may have stormed off to bed without realizing he had killed JonBenét, with Patsy discovering her body in the morning and the coverup began (?).

I think both the Ramseys were involved in the coverup. I've always felt John Ramsey knew exactly where JonBenét was and was on edge because the police were not finding her. In a flash he finds her when policewoman Linda Arndt asks him to search the house.

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

It was Tom Miller's wife.

16. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Bob, I agree with you.

Could the trace of cellulose have come from the stager's gloved finger after having broken and used the paintbrush to create the "garrote"?

On the other hand, the broken off tip of the paintbrush's handle was nowhere to be found, was it? The autopsy report describes the paintbrush as "irregularly broken at both ends," so maybe the stager molested her with the tip and then discarded it(?)

17. koldkase

Amazingly, turns out nobody even bothered to transcribe Burke's interviews.

I'm NOT making this up!

Kolar had to hunt down DVDs and videotaped copies of the interviews to even see them.

IN FACT, ONE HOUR OF THE INTERVIEW SHOWN TO THE GRAND JURY WITH BURKE IS GONE.

POOF.

DVD corrupted. Over and out.

All Kolar had was a summary report from the LE investigators.

Yeah, JR, it's nauseating beyond belief. :puke:

But Kolar does recount the important parts of what he saw in Burke's interviews, plus witness accounts of strange things Burke said to friends and his behavior at various times, which brings up questions about what he knew and when he knew it.

18. heymom

heymom Member

:mad: Well, isn't THAT a surprise??? NOT! I wonder what might have happened to it? Maybe the intruder broke into the BPD and spirited it away!!!

:censored::rant::hopmad:

19. koldkase

Sorry I haven't answered some of your questions. I've been working my way through the book. It's hard to read in one sitting for me: so much to take in.

So promise me you'll come see me in jail when Chief Kolar has me arrested for putting this here for you. I only hope he'll come visit me. But I have no doubt I'd confess immediately to any crime once he gave me his Chief's stare.

Here are a couple of photos from the book: one compares the Taser stun gun prongs to the injuries on JonBenet which Lou Smit attributed to that instrument.

The other compares those same marks on the body to train tracks like those found in the basement--which, I should say, were not collected by LE, but were matched as closely as possible for this comparison.

I think they nailed it.

Attached Files:

20. Elle

Elle Member

I'm confused about these two mark Koldkase (?). Are we talking about just a small part of a train track or all of it? This is just one small piece which is shown. Where does this fit in with the two marks on JB's back?

I thought Chief Skolar mentioned a toy relating to the two marks (?).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice