Pilar Rodriguez Breaking News. FFJ's RiverRat is at the Scene

Discussion in 'Crimes, Trials & Missing Persons' started by Tricia, Nov 3, 2009.

1. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

River Ratness!

You are wonderful to do what you do and I applaud your efforts with much gusto! I was wondering if the 2 main "persons of interest" though not in the area are at least under some kind of surveillance right now. And yes how close to the tot mom and Caleigh is this? Yikes!

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think one of the articles said they knew exactly where they were Zoo...but I am trusting a tired old brain, LOL.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

In the Trenches Again

I have to be very careful with my words right now and I am sure that all here understand the position that I have found myself in...and please...the Thank You's are accepted with honor, but I would still be knee deep doing My Thing...whatever My Thing is! Now - I need to round up some help for the LEO's are it's still as miserable in this heat here and now I find out that not even water is being dropped off as they are busting their butts!

I will leave now with one scoop - there was indeed a bone found yesterday, I watched as it was brought up, but had to stay mum...today brought the fact that it was a Bone from an Alligator.

Tomorrow - Day 3 - I will have more that I can share by the time night-time comes....and will correct as many erronious "facts" that had made it to print or on TV as I can...but I can say that it is safe to say that the original suspects are not unaccounted for.

Pilar is now classified by the CCSO as a FOUR year old as it was days before her birthday when she was brought over to this side of The State...as time and procedures allow - I will continue this if the interest is there!

4. RiverRat

A few photo's from today's update from the CCSO's Public Information Officer Bob Carpenter.

[​IMG]

5. RiverRat

I go where I have to go, no biggie!

[​IMG]

6. RiverRat

THE Site:

[​IMG]

7. RiverRat

Listening Carefully... ;) And Thinking of how SWEET this Moment will be when it's John Ramsey's turn...never give up hope....never.

[​IMG]

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks RR for the updates and the pictures...(that one in particular shows you are outstanding in your field!)

Let us know how we can help...call the big food stores down there, Kroger, Publix...whoever they are and ask them to deliver water...they all have discretionary budgets for things like searching, etc.

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Search goes on for signs of Pilar Rodriguez

Search goes on for signs of Pilar Rodriguez

Published: Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 1:00 a.m. PUNTA GORDA - Investigators sifted through the sand for hours Wednesday, carefully examining every inch for answers that could solve the 1999 disappearance of 4-year-old Pilar Rodriguez.

Local and federal law enforcement agencies continued their search of an 8-acre property east of Punta Gorda, in the unincorporated community of Cleveland, after receiving a tip in the cold case.

Forensic teams excavated buckets of soil from the backyard of a home at 5052 Duncan Road, where the grandmother of one of the primary suspects still lives. Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron said the search could take days, as teams must remove sand samples by layers. Officials believe Pilar's body could be buried on the property.

"It's no different than excavating an archaeological site," Cameron said. "You have to be very careful."

Authorities began the search Tuesday, using dogs trained to find cadavers and a Colorado-based nonprofit that specializes in locating hidden graves.
    Sheriff's officials are not disclosing details about the tip that led to the Duncan Road address, although Cameron said it is the strongest lead in the case in years.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/articl...e=Search-goes-on-for-signs-of-Pilar-Rodriguez

10. RiverRat

Search for Pilar ends for now

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/llnews.aspx?articleID=14812&bnpg=0

"The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office has ended a search operation for the remains of a 4-year-old missing girl in Punta Gorda, Sheriff Bill Cameron announced this morning.

Investigators said that although they didn't find the remains of Pilar Rodriguez, they did recover evidence helpful to the case."

From the latest CCSO REVISED Press Release:

"After Sheriff Cameron spoke, he introduced Retired CCSO Major Mike Gandy, Cold Case Unit Supervisor, who along with his four team members coordinated this search effort for Pilar. Gandy said, “We are disappointed that we did not find Pilar, but time is on our side in eventually solving this case.” Gandy was asked by the media present how he would summarize this case; Gandy replied, “This case is HOT!” Sheriff Cameron and Gandy both refused to give any more specific details as the search for the missing Pilar remains an open."

RR here - exhausted and will return with some great details, but I wanted to Clarify that the search of THAT spot is over...Back later with more, but there's the basics for ya!

RR

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Rr

It's great to see you in action, and to know that you are still fulfilling the FFJ promise to help with searches whenever necessary. And to try to protect and defend the innocent whenever possible.

12. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I love ya, RR. I really admire your dedication to justice for the young and innocent. In fact, I am proud to be the male "cheerleader" for the ladies of FFJ. Smart, dedicated and relentless... you guys remind me of the characters in James Patterson's "Women's Murder Club" books -- great reading.

Hang in there guys, "it ain't over until it's over" -- Yogi Berra.

13. RiverRat

My Shadow can kick your Shadow's butt!

This is NOT why I do whatever it is I do, but Man - what a feeling it is to make my Peers (selectively shaved down to sheer perfection) Proud of what you all have helped my progress into...I need to make myself more available here and soon I will be able to do so...but for now, here is a repeat of my WBS post...please don't yell at me for keeping something private....but - The Rat's out of The Bag now.....just know that I have been kept under the best of care that FFJ has to offer while waiting for this upcoming week to begin and they are going to kill me anyways for not telling them first...I LOVE ALL OF YOU! Now I have a visual of Shadow shaking his Classified Pom-Pom's! LOL - Life IS Good...Thank You All...now from my WBS update:

"I can give you a link to the Editorial in our local paper, but so far, the news has quietened down and I still have to respect the investigation...but I do have sooo many great pictures still to share:

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/editorial/editorials.aspx

I am trying to get an Album put together today if time allows of my behind the scene snaps - and my behind is in one of the Snaps - but the reason why The Rat hasn't been around is health related and I go in for surgery in the morning, so for the next several days, if anyone comes across an article on our Baby Pilar, pretty please do me a huge favor and save them here for me and I will buy ya a beer/soda when I make it back - and I WILL back......

Please & Thank You -
    RR 2009

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

What everyone else has said RiverRat. I'm sorry to hear you are having surgery, and I pray everything goes well. Get well already!

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hope you're recovering well, Rat!

16. RiverRat

RE: Surgery

I'm so fine I forgot to update the fact that it was cancelled at the last minute...and it's been way too hectic this week, I'm sorry...RR

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm confused, RiverRat. Is that good news? I sure hope so.

18. RiverRat

Let's put it this way...it's better news, JC. Not really good or bad, but it's not worse like it could have been!

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I don't know what to think, RiverRat; but as always, I am wishing the very, very best for you!

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Ahem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice