John Ramsey's New Book - The Other Side of Suffering

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

OMG, that will be a best-seller for sure! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know, I think the Rolling Stones should sue John Ramsey for copyright infringement on their tongue logo! He uses it more than THEY do!!!

Attached Files:

2. cynic

cynic Member

LOL, true. Let’s not forget Gene Simmons, though.

[​IMG]

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Heh heh heh!

Yep, I think you've found a market that's a gold mine. When you have your IPO, I'm in! :lep:

4. Cherokee

Yes, we can't forget old Gene (although I'd like to!) :yuck:

Maybe he and John Ramsey were separated at birth. Heh. There seems to a lot of that going around lately. ;)

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

I'd buy one and wear it proudly.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Gene's is longer but John's is more repulsive.

7. Cherokee

Amen to THAT, Thor! :sick:

8. cynic

cynic Member

lol

9. cynic

cynic Member

Just a note to all those who are nauseated by John’s media appearances.
    I am nearly finished reading his book. I won’t buy it until I find it in a clearance bin or online for a nickel or so, but I have been reading through it at a book store.
    I can assure you that the book is FAR WORSE than all of his interviews put together, and I have viewed them all.
    It is also quite different from DOI, which I didn't find particularly difficult to handle.
    The "Saint John" image that he is attempting to spin in his latest book is overwhelming.

10. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Cynic, how clever of you to read it for free while at the book store. Now, even with my black heart I'd never of thought of cheating him out of his $$ that way. Nice going.

The book publisher must be wringing his hands over this bomb of a book. Do we know how much of an advance he got this time around? Whatever it was it was way too much and now the publisher is pushing him to sell sell sell it. Oh good grief!

Oh and I think your description tells me that I'm to stay away from it altogether! Heh!!!

11. koldkase

I'd never have thought of it, either, Zoomama. Even if I had, I'd have been afraid to try as I might have gotten arrested for cursing and book-throwing in public.

One thing John made money off of during his latest "profiteering" from his murdered chiild was the "new" photos he sold to each media outlet who interviewed him for TV broadcast or print media.

We recently learned from Casey Anthony's lawyer Baez that selling ABC rights to various photos and video of Caylee and Casey earned approx. $250K for her defense.

I doubt JR made that much, but no doubt he didn't give those rights away for free. New wives cost money, after all....

12. Cherokee

John Ramsey will flog his book at Charlevoix church on May 23, 2012

http://articles.petoskeynews.com/2012-05-18/john-ramsey_31769353

John Ramsey to speak at Christ Episcopal Church Charlevoix

May 18, 2012

CHARLEVOIX -- John Ramsey will discuss his new book "The Other Side of Suffering" at Christ Episcopal Church at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 23. The title of his talk is "The Future -- Are The Best Days of Your Life Still Ahead?" This event is open and free to the public.

Through his New York Times best selling book, "The Other Side of Suffering," Ramsey shares how he re-established hope in his life and strengthened his faith despite loss.

Like the biblical Job, Ramsey had it all -- wealth, social position and a loving family. And like Job, Ramsey was destined for great affliction, as many of the most precious things in his life were cruelly taken from him.

First came the death of his eldest daughter in a car accident in 1992. Then, four years later, his beloved 6-year-old, JonBenet, was murdered; Ramsey was the one who discovered her body, concealed in the basement of his family's home. The case drew international media attention, and compounding Ramsey's woe suspicion unfairly focused on Ramsey and his wife, Patsy. Although they were ultimately cleared of any connection with the crime, Ramsey's sorrows did not end. In 2006, Patsy died, at 49, of ovarian cancer.

[snip]

13. koldkase

Dear god, if there were any mercy in the heavens, we'd never have to hear about the poor, downtrodden, woes of JOB Ramsey again. :puke:

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

"Through his New York Times best selling book..." ??????? Who ever said this book was a best seller? And when did it make the New York Times best selling book list? Oooooh come on folks! This can't be true can it? I think I'm gonna be sick.. :puke:

15. koldkase

Zoo, the Ramseys have cornered the market on exaggeration. I don't think there's a journalist or media outlet in existence today that doesn't just publish the press releases handed to them by John's agent/publisher/current shill.

So if JOB Ramsey does in fact have a "best seller," it's probably only in Ramseyland.

16. Cherokee

I KNEW that was going to happen! I knew they would twist the truth to make it seem like John had a best-seller on his hands! :steamed:

John's book (when combined with e-book sales) first showed up at #32 on the April 1, 2012 non-fiction list, only made it as high as #18 the next week, dropped to #22 a week later, then was completely gone from the list, never to return!

So the truth is ... John's book barely cracked the list for only three weeks and never made it above #18, but of course, John and his publisher will promote the book as a NYT bestseller. In fact, I predict that phrase will be in big bold letters on the paperback version to help it sell to more people who don't know any better.

I actually wonder how the publisher (FaithWorks) will justify a paperback version when the hardcover has sat like stones in bookstores and will be sent to the bargain bins soon.

By the way WHY_NUT and CYNIC, and anyone else who has an opinion on the book ... you might want to go over to Amazon.com and give a review of the book that is truthful, as opposed to the Ramsey friends and RST who are giving it five stars and swooning over it. Because of their fan club, the book actually has 4 1/2 stars at Amazon. Unbelieveable and disgusting.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  17. fr brown

fr brown Member

I couldn't find posts discussing the Ramseys' use of and hence (but I know they exist). And hence is in the ransom note, of course, and in their next year's Christmas card. And, as many posters have pointed out, John Ramsey uses it in an interview in 2000:

And, my fundamental criticism of the media, as I really analyze this from 30,000 feet, is that they...uh, they took these leaks, and innuendos, and basically gossip as fact, and ran with it. And they ran with it world-wide. Rather than being skeptical of the police. The police as a gov-, ...you know, the justice system is a government organization. And hence, should be looked at with some degree of skepticism, and, uh...and, uh...suspicion. I mean that's...that's...to me...and I don't know if this is what you teach in school, but...to me the...and I've thought a lot about this, but the main responsibility of a free press in a democracy is to keep the government honest." http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/newseum.html

I don't think that John Ramsey helped compose the ransom note, but and hence does appear to be one of his verbal tics. (He tends toward pomposity.) I wonder if Patsy found it to be an irritating mannerism and decided to throw it into the ransom note to incriminate him.

18. cynic

cynic Member

I finished the book today, and left a comment along with a one star rating over at Amazon. Unfortunately there are 42 five star ratings. :mad:
    As I’ve said before, DOI was far easier to stomach; the narcissism is so pervasive in TOSOS that it makes the waves of nausea impossible to fight off. :puke: :puke: :puke:
    Did you know, for example, that God sent a bird to comfort and hang out with JR?
    I stood by Patsy’s headstone with a heavy heart, when a lone sparrow emerged from the nearby woods and flew right up to me. It flapped its wings and hovered just inches from my chest for what seemed like minutes. I didn’t do anything to brush it away, I just stood there. Was it trying to tell me something there in the silence of the cemetery? I thought, wouldn’t that be just like the Lord to assure me He’s taking good care of my girls?
    The Other Side of Suffering, John Ramsey, page 236

19. Thor

Thor Active Member

It should have crapped on his head. Or his tongue.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Maybe it was trying to tell him "Come clean, you lying ..."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice