Stansport nylon utility cord

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, May 23, 2012.

1. cynic

cynic Member

It does look different.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:rant:
    Oh, great! Now you've got me hopping mad again, too!

:hopmad: :steamed: :curses:

3. cynic

cynic Member

The first picture (above) is a blurry mess. You could have the missing pages from Patsy's notepad folded up and hidden in there and you wouldn't see them. :D
    However, after taking another look at your last picture and comparing it to the orientation of the second picture, it looks as if I will have to concede defeat :wflag: and agree with you that we are seeing a cord end. (Besides, crow with the right seasoning tastes pretty good, yes, it tastes like chicken.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cynic

cynic Member

It just goes to show you that this was NOT the "perfect murder," but it was the "perfect town."

5. cynic

cynic Member

A solid choice for your first item in the evidence room although, somehow, I would have you down as immediately looking at all of Patsy's handwriting exemplars, as a matter of professional curiosity.

6. koldkase

To quote Patsy: VICTORY! :wood:

I truly don't mean to drive the details into the ground--oh, wait, yes I do, and Moab should have warned you once she was got out of the Guttah Rest Home. :nervous:

But you thought to order that cord and break those paintbrushes...a teensy little thing like the end of the cord is hardly a defeat...except you're a guy, so I know you manly men have that competitive thing going on. :bateye:

7. koldkase

I guess doing all that dirty work in the dark basement by flashlight wasn't easy.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Well, that IS the very next thing on my list! :D I can't imagine having access to ALL of the exemplars! :cloud9:

But, I can't resist the opportunity to grab that DNA report, call my OWN press conference and totally UNEXONERATE the Ramseys! :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie:

9. koldkase

I want to see the Ramsey phone records James Rapp was convicted for obtaining illegally.

Of course, they were probably burnt long ago.

10. cynic

cynic Member

I am surprised by your response given that Tricia assured me :deal: before I decided to join FFJ that you were a demure, sophisticated, Guttah Princess. :crown: :curtsey:
    You appear to have betrayed your royal lineage.
    :runaway:

11. Cherokee

Yep, I'd like to see those, too!

No doubt. I wonder if Mr. Rapp kept a copy somewhere.

12. Elle

Elle Member

cynic,

Quick question! The garrote cord looks to me as if it is a hollow cord. One which you can put a thin wooden skewer through it. Sometimes shoe laces are made like this other times just flat. Just curious about your thoughts on this (?).

Oops! Found the photos!
    Thank you! Checking those photos again!

13. koldkase

See, this is why you're such a catch for the Guttah! Clearly you were in an altered state :tipsy: when Tricia had you sign that contract. What she said was--and I know this because eavesdropping is my Guttah Gossip specialty--that I'm full of manure and so desiccated I've begun to hallucinate I'm a Guttah Princess. :bigstick:

And that makes me perfect for Royal Guttah Lineage! See how that works? :bateye:

14. koldkase

God, I hope so.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Good Grief! You have been busy cynic! Where have I been since this thread was first started? [​IMG] Clearing out my house for family coming soon! Congratulations on your photography.

16. cynic

cynic Member

That clears quite a few things up. That drink that Tricia gave me did taste funny. :abnormal:
    Manure/demure, desiccated/sophisticated - the last time I had that much trouble with comprehension was after eating one of Lacy’s special brownies :crosseyed and eventually waking up 48 hours later in Mexico. :tipsy:

17. cynic

cynic Member

Hi Elle, I suppose I have been taking a few pictures lately :) and yes that cord is indeed hollow as was the shoelace that I used over in KK’s thread.
    The Stansport cord is extremely similar to a hollow shoelace, at least the one that I was using.
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showpost.php?p=189214&postcount=6
    The hollow shoelace:

[​IMG]

The hollow Stansport cord:

[​IMG]

18. Cherokee

What the ligature (erroneously called a garrote) looked like

While going through some old threads, I found this graphic I made several years ago trying to show what the ligature tied around JonBenet's neck looked like in totalilty. When viewed as a whole, the amateurish construction is evident.

One question that has been asked is why there was so much of JonBenet's hair caught in the knot of the ligature. Considering there were no fingerprints found on the Ransom Note, the Maglite flashlight (and batteries) had all been wiped clean of prints, and no other real fingerprint results have been released, it would lead to the conclusion that the perpetrator wore some type of gloves.

Could those gloves have been some type of disposable latex (or rubber) gloves used to help dye hair? That could explain the fumbling and tangling of JonBenet's hair in the ligature knot as it would be more difficult to tie the cord using gloves instead of bare fingers.

Obviously, Patsy would have had latex or rubber gloves in the house to dye JonBenet's hair and/or touch up her roots. JonBenet's normal hair color was light brown. Patsy had JonBenet's hair dyed platinum blonde. In the photos taken Christmas morning 1996, you can see JonBenet's dark roots showing through.

Latex gloves would also help disguise a person's handwriting, especially if they were semi-ambidextrous and wrote with the other hand.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  19. Cherokee

To add to the Stansport collection - a photo of the loose cord ties around JonBenet's wrists. Note the ragged ends of the cord where it was cut.

Attached Files:

20. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good point about the hair dye gloves. Also, there could have been some rubber dish washing gloves in the house which would, also, have been cumbersome.

I think the hair in the knot could, possibly, indicate panic and not a cold blooded sex fiend. I would think a cold blooded killer would have the wherewithal to brush the hair aside to tie the knot cleanly. Of course, if there was some sort of sex game going on before the head blow then that could explain it, also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice