DNA Questions, "Touch DNA" & "Familial DNA"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Jul 10, 2008.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yes, thanks so much, Chero, for joining these threads.

Ames, proof reading doesn't always work, either. It's because you know what you "meant", so when you read it, you put in the thought rather than the words. And if the "thought" had Mary Lacy's name mixed up with Murphy's, proof reading wouldn't necessarily have caught it. I proof read my posts to death, and yet sometimes I go back and read and there is a GLARING error. Sheesh. :blush:

Topix forum is really hard, because I can't catch my errors in that little "post" box all the time. Only when it's in the larger format of the post do I see the mistakes. Too late!

2. koldkase

The problem with this whole "clearing" based on this "touch" DNA, as I see it, is that it's entirely plausible that the "killer" got that "unsourced" DNA on his/her hands from the Bloomies when pulling them down or up, or from the paintbrush if that's where it came from, wherever, and then pulled the longjohns back up, leaving the few cells of "unsourced" DNA on them. That could have been done wearing gloves, as well!

So how does this "touch" DNA NAME who really put those cells there? It can't. And that's why this is just another RST propaganda cycle. It's like Judge Carnes stating that the "footprints" in the cellar room were left there AROUND THE TIME OF THE MURDER! HOW DOES SHE KNOW THAT? Last I heard, you can't DATE a FOOTPRINT just because it's there. Carnes totally missed that, AND CAME TO THE CONCLUSION IT BELONGED TO THE INTRUDER!

I swear, I believed once upon a time we had educated, competent, and ethical LE in this country. How naive was I? :steamed:

When Mary Lacy CLEARS ALL THE OTHER SUSPECTS IN THIS CASE BASED ON THIS "TOUCH" DNA, then maybe I'll at least believe she's not just another RAMSEY SHILL! Ain't gonna' happen, though, is it? :no:

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well said.

4. AMES

AMES Member

LOL..but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY...mixes up Wendy Murphy's name with Mary Lacy. That is...well....its just a sin. The M's must have had me confused...along with my 8 month old screaming her lungs out. Yeah, I will just blame it on her, she is little...she won't know the difference. So...its all HER fault.

5. AMES

AMES Member

No, it ain't gonna' happen, because Mary Lacy doesn't want to go to bed with the other suspects...just John. So, she just kisses HIS butt...and clears HIS name. When John was told the news....he simply said..."WOW". Well, to me it sounds like he is just AMAZED that he (and Patsy) were cleared. In reality, he was probably thinking...."WOW...how could that BE?"

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

And inside he was thinking "D*mn, I'm good". They got away with it. They really did.

7. AMES

AMES Member

Yep...

And they only got away with it...here on earth. They will both get what they deserve. Patsy, imo...already is.

8. rashomon

rashomon Member

IDIs in Doubt

Even some IDIs are beginning to have critical questions about the DNA evidence, at least those who keep an open mind. Poster Watson on Sycamore is one of those few open-minded IDIs, and always fair and polite to whomeveher he addresses. I'm not sure if Margoo can answer his crucial questions though ... ;)

post # 254
    http://www.boards.320sycamore.com/showthread.php?t=2994&page=26

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Is this another incarnation of Doc Watson aka Miss Marple? Or has someone else appropriated the hat of Watson?

10. koldkase

Well, as to Lacy's infatuation with John Ramsey, in all fairness, we should have seen it coming. To quote a very respectable source, John's just "a snarky turd." Lacy is so full of chit herself, how could she resist? :beats:

11. Cherokee

Yes, chit of a feather sticks together.

12. koldkase

That's a brilliant discussion some of you have going on about the DNA. Thanks for the link. I'll read the thread this weekend because some of the info is excellent. Wonder if they'd mind if we copied some of the detailed info on DNA and transfer, etc., here? Maybe so. Could you ask?

And what's up with mame insulting you and other posters? I thought that wasn't allowed there.

And gosh, I wish someone would post Bode Tech's Angela Williamson when Grace asked her DIRECTLY if it were skin cells. She said "most likely" and "probably" and "maybe", as I mentioned on this thread. Margoo somehow missed that, didn't she? heh

Feel free to copy any of that info from my post and rework it (and don't credit me or FFJ as we know what response that will get), last one on this page: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9277&page=6

13. koldkase

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

Jmpo, but I don't think Watson on Sycamore is Miss Marple. For Watson lacks the condescending, know-it-all, sometimes downright 'avuncular' attitude MM displayed toward the other posters.
    MM himself seems to have completely vanished from the JBR discussion scene, at least this is what posters say who have been emailing with him regularly.

15. Cherokee

Okay, thanks. You're right. If the poster Watson isn't being condescending and know-it-all, then it's not Miss Marple.

Doc Watson/Miss Marple was a closet IDI who even hid it from himself. He was delusional enough to believe himself objective, but his IDI lace slip always showed beneath his Miss Marple skirt.

I wonder why DW/MM has quit the JBR discussion. Do any of his email buddies know?

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

My guess is Mame got pretty upset because even she saw how much Patsy's handwriting sample looked like the ransom note :D, and attacked me as the 'messenger' because I had posted the source (a tabloid). But all the tabloid had done in that case was to print both Patsy's sample and the RN side by side, and the readers could do comparisons on their own. Therefore Mame's outrage at the tabloid (and me who used it as a source) does not take one iota away from the fact that Patsy's sample and the RN look so much alike that it is downright eery. But Mame is just like that - she'll get emotional very fast, so I just let her bark and move on. She'll usually calm down after a while.
    I hardly ever report posts there because I'm callous to those attacks. I have been posting back and forth with die-hard IDIs for so long, and when they get angry over someone else's post, this usually means that their opponent in the debate has touched upon a weak point in their own theory.
    Yes it is a very interesting discussion, and some posters have worked really hard to get substantial info on the touch DNA issue.
    While Sycamore does not allow to copy posts from other forums over there, going to the links they themselves provide is of course allowed.
    Seems so :).
    I did post the info a while back, papraphrasing Williamson's comment about the DNA being only most "likely" from skin cells, but it was ignored.
    I'll try my luck again, quoting Wiliamson verbatim in the link you gave. Thanks, KK!

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

He even was delusional enough to believe no one would see how slanted toward IDI his Wiki is. :)
    They don't, and are a little worried about MM. They said he suddenly did not reply to their emails anymore and wonder what happened.

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Elvis

Elvis is the board certified MD who posts at Sycamore. She has excellent contacts and is fantastic at explaining all things medical and scientifi in lay terms. She has given permission for me to copy her posts here. There were a few in particular which I think are nice clear cut DNA factoids! Here's the first one:-

19. rashomon

rashomon Member

DNA figernail match myth

The IDIs are quick to claim that touch DNA matches the fingernail DNA also, with uncritical media articles tooting into the same horn, like the following:
    How can the fingernail DNA "match" anything if it had too few markers to even make a valid comparison? Am I missing something?
    Lead scientist. A. Williamson did not say one word about any fingernail DNA either here:

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

rashomon, check your PMs when you have a second, okay?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice