Hi-Tec crime scene photos

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Elle

Elle Member

It's more than obvious in the photos the "visible prints" were made by a child wearing shoes and not bare footed. They could have been there for a long time. I point blank refuse to believe Patsy Ramsey traipsed down to this basement room and wrapped her Christmas gifts there. Many of us don't believe this ever happened.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I'm one of them. No WAY she wrapped gifts in that filthy room. No need to- there were so many other basement areas to do it in.

3. fr brown

fr brown Member

I found a photo of the kind of Hi-Tec boots I think that Burke had: Columbus Hi-Tec boots. Note the compass on the laces. These boots are a size 4, about the size a sixth-grader might wear.

Attached Files:

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wow. Did we ever mention that you are awesome, fr brown? Well, just in case...YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Did you find those on ebay? Any way to date them?

I know way back when, lots of us looked high and low for photos of those boots. If you can date this pair, you may have provided us with the answer to a long time issue used by Team Ramsey to "prove" they had an intruder, no matter how many impeccable sources we provide for Burke and others in their immediate family/friend circle having owned Hi-Tecs.

5. fr brown

fr brown Member

It is ebay. The location will pop right up if you google "Columbus Hi-Tec"

As many others have found before me, the Columbus boot was introduced in 1991. See here:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3070/is_199107/ai_n7736065/

6. koldkase

Thanks, fr brown. I'll check it out.

I'm going to copy the part of the article you found which is available without purchasing the whole of it. Others have posted this in the past, but it's been a long time and as we well know, memory fades:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3070/is_199107/ai_n7736065/

7. koldkase

Here is an enlargement of the Hi-Tec photo:

Attached Files:

8. fr brown

fr brown Member

That's much better.

Note that we're looking at the logo on the sole of the boot upside down. I know, I know, it's obvious, but it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out.

9. fr brown

fr brown Member

Here's a photo of the Columbus Hi-Tec boot logo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  10. koldkase

That doesn't look anything like the other photo, from ebay where you bought the shoes.

What am I missing?

11. fr brown

fr brown Member

Huh? It's the impression of the boot logo in Crayola Modeling Magic. It's the logo with the boot toe pointing toward the top of the screen to match the orientation of the crime scene photo.

12. koldkase

OH, that explains it. Crayola Modeling Magic! Like I said, I was missing something. ha ha

Sorry. And thanks for making that imprint for us.

I know you were concerned that it didn't match the logo imprint photo. I also notice that it's a mirror image on your model. I'm wondering if there's some photo technique where you can impose one image over the other...adjusting for photo size? I have no idea, not being that computer savy myself. :blush:

13. koldkase

Would you mind if your photos were on the FFJ case library thread with the crime scene photos of the mold imprint? You could add these yourself, if you don't mind including it? Or I will, if you'd prefer. If you don't want them added, that's okay, too.

I'm going to put the modeling clay image beside the crime scene photo if I can:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  14. koldkase

Well, sorry about the poor quality, but it's the best I can do for now.

One thing I notice right off is that the typeface is different. You told me that, right?

Do you know for certain what boot model you have? You said you didn't get the box, right?

15. fr brown

fr brown Member

The imprint shoes leave is a mirror image. I think that's why some manufacturers go with a picture rather than letters for a logo. If you want the logo to read right on the shoe, it's gonna be a mirror image in the dirt. (RE: the other crime scene shoeprint: the logo doesn't start with "A," it ends with "A." That's assuming it's an "A.")

I possibly can figure out how to superimpose the two Hi-Tec logos, but I won't get around to it for a few days. And I need a copyable crime scene photo.

(The two logo imprints don't look that different after all, but I'm not convinced.)

16. fr brown

fr brown Member

They say "Columbus" right inside the boots and they've got a compass on the right boot lace. The left boot doesn't come with a compass. I didn't get the shoe box, but he included the paper from the box. It says that it (the paper) was manufactured in 1992. It's compostable plastic.

I was more concerned about the area around the letters, but looking at your enlargement, it seems like the part that concerned me, the right side of the "H," has been altered by a mini-landslide. If the typeface is different, I didn't notice that.

Go ahead and post wherever you'd like.

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think the angles are slightly different in the modeling clay example vs the moldy picture (har har har) making it look like the lettering is different, but I don't believe it is.

Fr brown, could you grow some mold and do the experiment again? (Just kidding) Great job both of you.

18. Learnin

Learnin Member

Good work, Fr. Brown. The typeface looks pretty close to me.

19. fr brown

fr brown Member

I tried flour first. That was a real mess.

I'll take a photo of the shoes head-on and post it. They have an unusual asymmetrical pattern on the toe box. Someone may be able to spot them in a photograph of Burke--or of JonBenet because I don't see why she couldn't have worn them as hand-me-downs.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Fr Brown, for obtaining the Hi-Tec shoes and the photos, including the one with modeling clay.

The logo looks the same to me, even to the inclusion of the two 45 degree accent lines attached to the bar that underscores the brand name.

I've made two composites, one with inverted color, to see if it helps with visual identification.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice