American Weed (program) Boulder, CO

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Apr 14, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

You and cynic need to take this show on the road!

Don't forget your garland of garlic and lots of crucifixes, though.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Classic, I needed to see that Cynic!

3. cynic

cynic Member

KK, don’t be silly, you have nothing to worry about…or do you…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNylWnGSyHo

4. cynic

cynic Member

That's perfect. LOL :rolling: :laffbig: :highfive:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. koldkase

Oh no! And I haven't stocked my "End of Times" shelter in ages!

6. Elle

Elle Member

Cynic, is the lady on the left, Jameson? Oh my! Aren't you taking a risk?

7. cynic

cynic Member

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

High 5!!!

Really need to rename this thread though to somehow include all of the topics that were tangeted off on...I'm sure that is just a coincident though!

Dang it, ya'll got my blood pressure fired up with all this MaryLacyTracey talk, maybe I need to take a Trip back to Boulder so I can mellow out a little?!

Remember the story Steve told us in his book about driving thru town with a bunch of weed in the back of a pick-up truck?! No one called in to report it to the cops and they were cheer on as they drove through public with the wacky-backy! Yet I didn't bring enough bail money to enjoy my marlboro while walking down the street...such is Life!

:tipsy:
    RR

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thank you very mush ... :takeabow: ... but I couldn't have done it with you! :D

The PENTAGRAMSEY explain so much about the evil vortex that has surrounded this case from the beginning. So many innocent lives have been sucked in and either destroyed or damaged. Many more lives have been changed forever. Look at us; the diehards. Still here after 15 years, having logged countless hours of discussion and hope and fury, all because the Ramsey case wouldn't let us go.

10. koldkase

So Cynic has broken another tabloid scandal cover story for our fav fab rag here in the Guttah, Guttah Enquirer. I wanted to put it here so we can keep the record on the appropriate thread:

"PENTAGRAMSEY PARTY PARTICIPANTS DO BOULDER PROUD!"

"Now we know what happened to poor Dr. Spitz, who went to the dark side...and lost his mind along the way!"

11. Elle

Elle Member

Guess what cynic!? Having read KK's Freedom of Speech defense, I am still more than concerned. I might have to hire the Canadian Mounties to ride in and protect y'all! :)

12. cynic

cynic Member

It's a tough way to make a living but somebody has to do it.

13. cynic

cynic Member

Much appreciated Elle, KK and the RCMP - sounds formidable! :D

14. cynic

cynic Member

Colorado legalizes marijuana

Boulder-area police debate how to handle marijuana in light of conflicting laws
    CU police: Smoking still prohibited in campus dorms
    By Mitchell Byars, Dailycamera.com
    11/07/2012

John Hickenlooper said Coloradans should hold off on the "Cheetos and Goldfish" in light of the passage of Amendment 64, but Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner went in the other direction.
    "Some of us are thinking of going into the burrito cart business," he joked.

But business plans aside, how Boulder County law enforcement will handle marijuana possession after Colorado voters legalized it Tuesday is still hazy because the amendment conflicts with federal law.
    "It all has to be fleshed out because none of us yet really know what it really all means," Beckner said. "A constitutional amendment doesn't really tell you how to enforce it."

[SNIP]
    "The reality is going out and doing marijuana enforcement on one ounce or less between now and then seems pretty pointless," he said. "If someone is out there flaunting it we might take some sort of action, but we won't be looking for people so we can write tickets."
    But University of Colorado police spokesman Ryan Huff said CUPD will still be enforcing possession until the law goes into effect.
    "The bottom line is until the election is certified, current law still stands," Huff said in a statement.
    He added that under the amendment, it is still illegal for those younger than 21 -- 62 percent of the undergraduate population -- and it is still illegal to smoke marijuana in public. Huff also said smoking of any sort is still prohibited in campus dorms.
    "This amendment does not impact CU's ability to contractually prohibit smoking marijuana in the residence halls," he said in a statement.
    Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said his office is working on a memo to send out to local police chiefs about how to handle enforcement until the state can take a closer look at the issue.
    "We will come up with some policies for cops on the street that will be clear and comply with this new amendment," he said.
    But Garnett said on the prosecution side of things, the amendment likely won't change much for his office, which he said already rarely pursued possession charges unless linked to other crimes, such as distribution.
    "I don't think it will have a lot of immediate significance," he said. "We have made mere possession of marijuana a really low priority for a long time. I don't think it will have an impact on any pending cases or anything because we just haven't been processing straight-up possession of marijuana cases."
    He added that he does like a provision in the amendment that establishes DUIs for marijuana and feels taxing and regulating marijuana is a more "prudent" approach to dealing with the drug.

[SNIP]
    http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...area-police-debate-how-handle-marijuana-light

Colorado legalizes marijuana, federal pot ban still in place
    Written by Trevor Hughes, Robert Allen
    Coloradoan.com
    11/07/2012

[SNIP]
    Colorado’s attorney general calls the voter-approved Amendment 64 “very bad public policy†but committed to working with state lawmakers and regulators to implement it.
    In a statement, AG John Suthers warned that the amendment sets up a conflict with federal laws, which still ban the use and possession of marijuana. The amendment doesn’t change the state’s existing medical marijuana system.

[SNIP]
    U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder in 2009 said federal officials are committed to enforcing the federal Controlled Substances Act, which bans marijuana. Federal officials have previously used that law to prosecute Coloradans, even if they claimed protection under the state's medical-marijuana laws.
    “Accordingly, I call upon the United States Department of Justice to make known its intentions regarding prosecution of activities sanctioned by Amendment 64 (particularly large wholesale grow operations) as soon as possible in order to assist state regulators and the citizens of Colorado in making decisions about the implementation of Amendment 64,†Suthers said.

[SNIP]
    Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith, who opposed Amendment 64, said local agencies wouldn’t be able to go after marijuana users in compliance with state law.
    “We’re not federal agents,†he said. “We can arrest people if they’re wanted on warrants on federal crimes, but unless we’re involved in a specific case ... where (a deputy is) cross-commissioned as a federal agent, we don’t directly enforce federal law.†He also said Amendment 64 complicates the law on a number of fronts — from current investigations and pending cases to evidence custody issues. Regarding the latter, it’s illegal under federal law for law enforcers to distribute drugs, likely even if that means returning confiscated marijuana, he said.
    Voters’ decision means the drug-awareness advocacy group TEAM Fort Collins is bracing for a surge in marijuana use in the city. Researcher Dawn Nannini said studies have repeatedly shown that legalization decreases the perception of harm, which leads to increased access and use.
    “It’s our role now to prepare the community and especially young people for what we expect the consequences will be,†she said.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20121107/NEWS01/311070029/Colorado-legalizes-pot-Now-what-

15. Elle

Elle Member

Now you have to go into hiding again, cynic! Your Pentagram is back on the danger list again. Are you sure you are in the right day job? Shouldn't you be publishing your own magazine? On one condition! You leave the pentagram out of it!:pcguru:

16. koldkase

Gosh, maybe the BPD and BDA will be able to find some time to investigate an open child murder case, now that we know they've been ignoring the pot laws for some time.

This may be a clue: in Boulder, they ignore crimes of their own choice.

We knew that.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

18. cynic

cynic Member

In a recent interview, Beckner joked about taking advantage of the recent passage of the marijuana amendment.

John Hickenlooper said Coloradans should hold off on the "Cheetos and Goldfish" in light of the passage of Amendment 64, but Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner went in the other direction.
    "Some of us are thinking of going into the burrito cart business," he joked.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...area-police-debate-how-handle-marijuana-light

Well, it seems that Beckner wasn’t joking. He looked for a few business partners to take over a small strip mall.
    Mary Lacy and Michael Tracey were eager investors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. koldkase

:floor: Oh, gosh, how did I miss this?!

When does the Boulder tourism bus leave for this strip mall? Where can I get a ticket? Can we get group rates? Will Lacy, Tracey, and Beckner give us autographs?! Are there free samples?!

And finally, how long after my "shopping" do I have to stay in Colorado before my blood tests are legal in other states?

20. cynic

cynic Member

Well, this is where John Ramsey enters the picture. Remember Ramseyland?

[​IMG]

To help tourists and other interested parties have a more integrated experience, tickets and group rates are available at the Ramseyland website.
    Shuttle buses run hourly from Ramseyland to the Garden of Weeden Mall.
    Autograph dates are outlined on the website and, for a limited time, free product samples are available.
    Don’t worry, Lacy has you covered.
    After an exhaustive round of “shopping,†pick up some Mary’s Mellow Yellow before heading out-of-state to “whiz†through any urine test. (You’re on your own with blood tests. You may have to plan on a 3 – 14 day stay.)
    Here is a screenshot of her website:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice