Anybody see this National Enquirer?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

AS if the intruder also brought their own silver pattern with them.

She also tried to say that the bowl wasn't hers either, until shown a photo of her Christmas party, with that same bowl out on a table.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm not sure the "friends" were in on it from the beginning, but I often wonder if they figured it out, more or less, and have joined in with unspoken complicity in keeping the secrets to protect the Ramseys for the reasons you mention.

3. koldkase

Well, let's see if we can read what the Ramseys said exactly to LE about this.

Let's start with John, because they asked him a lot about that pineapple. From John's 1998 LE interview:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9946

4. Learnin

Learnin Member

Thanks for posting this interview, kk. It's obvious to me that John is lying and I'll give my reason. At the beginning, John keeps repeating the same mantra: "The size of that spoon...that spoon is big....we wouldn't get out a spoon that big..."

If John remarked about the spoon size once, he remarked fifty times! This is overkill. John is trying to impress this point upon the minds of his questioners. John is trying to distance he and Patsy from the pineapple and tea glass....he wishes to place doubt into the questioners mind.

I read someones synopsis on the ransom letter and that someone remarked that, when one is lying, one will overstate that thing which the liar wants to prove to the one who is supposed to buy the con. We saw the same overkill in the ransom note as the someone pointed out.

John wants the questioners to think maybe...just maybe.....some intruder got this pineapple and bowl out for JBR. John even goes so far to repeat and overkill the point that he doesn't think JBR would go down with a stranger to eat pineapple..."she would scream"....Like the size of the spoon, John repeatedly says he doesn't think JBR would eat pineapple from an intruder.
    John wants to give his questioners the thought that an intruder might have done this but he doesn't want them to think he's pushing this idea.

It's almost certain because John admits that Patsy and he discussed this pineapple thing the night before this interview....obviously, they came up with the plan to distance themselves from the pineapple by using the "My, how big that spoon is....."

At any rate, I believe we can safely assume that there was milk in that pineapple because Smit asks John: "Do you know of anyone who would eat it (pineapple) that way? In other words, do you know anyone who would eat pineapple and milk???

5. Learnin

Learnin Member

I'm more than a little disappointed that Kane didn't pursue John very hard on this pineapple and tea thing. He had to know that Burke drank that tea. That glass had a tea bag in it and the glass was empty. Burke's fingerprints were on the glass which means he had to handle that glass. Are we to assume that some intruder was wearing gloves and drank the tea and then planted Burke's fingerprints on the thing?

And what about John's statement that, "we wouldn't leave pineapple in a bowl like that when we were leaving on a trip." Can you imagine? Look at that kitchen and house and see how messy it was. And wasn't the housekeeper supposed to come in that day. Wouldn't she have been the one who was supposed to clean the mess up?????

It's just another rehearsed attempt by John and Patsy to distance themselves from that pineapple.

6. Elle

Elle Member

No need to reply to KK's post when you have already done it for me, Learnin! Thank you! I agree with all you are saying here! :)

7. AMES

AMES Member

5/10/1999
    DA's office denies reports of Ramsey plea

by B.J.Plasket
    Daily Times-Call

BOULDER -- District Attorney Alex Hunter's office has denied reports that John and Patsy Ramsey are in plea negotiations that would place blame for the death of their 6-year-old daughter JonBenet on their now-12-year-old son Burke.

``It is false,'' Hunter spokeswoman Suzanne Laurion said on Thursday.

Burke Ramsey , who was 9 at the time of his sister's death, cannot be prosecuted, since Colorado law precludes criminal charges against anyone under 10.

According to editions of the tabloid newspaper the Star due to be distributed this week, Ramsey lawyers have talked with Hunter in recent days about a plea agreement that essentially claims Burke Ramsey attacked his younger sister in a jealous rage after she climbed into his bed after wetting her own bed. The story said she often went to her brother's bed after wetting her own.

The New York Post, in a Thursday column, said the tabloid claims Burke -- jealous over the attention JonBenet got as a child beauty queen -- ``let loose his pent-up rage at his sister that night and lashed out at her physically.''

The Star also reported that Burke, on an earlier occasion, hit JonBenet in the face with a golf club and cut her cheek, the Post said.

The Post also reported that, according to the Star, police became suspicious of Burke when he failed to ask any questions on the morning JonBenet's body was found in the family basement. He reportedly didn't question being taken to a friend's house as his own home filled up with police officers.
    The Post said the Star article also claims Burke later told a police psychologist, ``I know what happened. She was killed. Someone took her quietly and took her down in the basement ... took a knife out ... hit her on the head.''That statement came at a time when only the police knew Burke's Swiss Army knife had been found next to her body, the Post said.The story also says the plea negotiations involve Patsy Ramsey pleading guilty to charges stemming from a cover-up of the slaying and Burke being forced to go to counseling sessions.

According to the Post, Hunter is entertaining the plea agreement because he wants to put the case to rest and spare the cost of a trial.

The Post article said Bill Wise, Hunter's second-in-command, has also denied the plea negotiations.

``We can only say the claim that DA Hunter and Mr. Haddon have talked at all -- and that they may have talked about serving up Burke Ramsey as the fall guy in this case -- that's false,'' he reportedly said.

Haddon, the head of the Ramsey legal team, was out of his office on Thursday and did not return calls seeking comment.
    Source(s):

http://www.timescall.com/ramsey/storyDet…

8. Learnin

Learnin Member

I'm listing some things that I believe are certain, or relatively certain, and which I believe narrows down, considerably, what happened on that night.

1. Burke drank the tea

2. The pineapple was in a bowl which contained milk.

3. Jonbenet ate pinapple out of that bowl any where from 15 minutes to
    one hour before receiving the head wound.

4. It is a very, very, good probability that the tea and pineapple were
    prepared at the same time because they are placed at the same spot.

5. It is highly unlikely that Jonbenet ate pineapple that had been sitting
    in milk for 8 hours. In other words, it is highly unlikely that Burke got this
    snack out at 3 p.m., and Jonbenet picked up some pieces out of the milk
    at 10:30 that night.

6. John helped Burke assemble a model after returning home from the Whites.

7. John and Patsy tried to distance themselves from that pineapple and tea,
    denying any knowledge of how it got there.

8. There were four people in the home that we know of for sure. Two,
    possibly three, are placed at the scene of that pineapple and tea.

Does anyone care to offer any more things along this line or dispute these 8 things? Feel free to comment.

9. Learnin

Learnin Member

Hey koldkase,
    I think I might have figured out what the "over the broken basement window" is referring to. If you will note in the line below these words, we can see what looks like the word, "vegetation". I think it refers to the grate which is over the basement window. There was vegetation underneath that grate, right?

10. koldkase

Good catch! I did see that "word", but I hadn't thought it through. I think you could be right.

I'll have to come back to your list tomorrow. I like laying it out like that, too. The article Ames posted (thanks, Ames) is a theory that I think bears consideration with your list, as well.

11. Karen

Karen Member

I'm still wondering if Burke drank tea out of that glass. I'm thinking maybe he drank water that night, Christmas night, and the next morning one of the people there simply disposed of the teabag in the empty glass.

12. Learnin

Learnin Member

I suppose it's possible. I'm kinda going on the fact that John said Burke really liked tea.

Does anyone know whose fingerprint was on the spoon? I know I've read it a dozen times but can't recall.

13. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Do we know for a fact that there was milk in the bowl of pineapple?

14. koldkase

There was a fingerprint on the spoon? I have no knowledge of that, but then, I still can't believe you had to translate "glass on table" and Burke's fingerprint on it for me. :blush:

I remember Dr. Lee stating in Schiller's documentary, I think it was, that LE did not test DNA for the spoon or glass...more or less. Or maybe he said he was not aware of any results on that. Or maybe he said they should test those. Or something.

I guess I'm wondering if Dr. Lee said one or more of the above, or if he was playing Team Ramsey semantic games at the time. I'm wondering because I was sure he said they hadn't tested for DNA on those, but it's been so long, can't swear to it.

15. koldkase

John mentioned it in his '98 LE interview, viewing the photos of the bowl and saying it looked like milk, but there was no confirmation or denial as to what it was that I remember. Maybe someone else has a better source.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I would have loved to see DNA testing on the SALIVA on that spoon. If JB ate it (and we know she did) this would PROVE it came from that bowl with that spoon. Think anyone tested it? Nah. It is still in evidence (hopefully). Not too late to test it. Think the new DA will order it? Nah.

17. koldkase

Well, they can get DNA off of bottles or cups people drink from, can't they? At least, I remember seeing cases where people's cups were taken in for DNA testing. Saliva only contains skin cells to test, but it is done rather commonly, unless I'm very mistaken.

But here is a thread we had going on after Schiller's documentary, aired the night Patsy was buried in June of 2006. I'll quote myself on this page, where I wrote something vague about Dr. Lee's statement when it was still fresh on my mind:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...ghlight=pineapple+Schiller+documentary&page=3

18. Learnin

Learnin Member

Hi Barbara,
    If you read the transcript, kk posted, where Smit is grilling John about the pineapple bowl, you will see where they discuss the fact that it looks like milk in the bowl. Then, Smit asks John: "Who do you know that would eat pineapple like that?" I think this pretty much tells us that pineapple was in milk. If you think I've misinterpreted that, I'm open for correction as my only hope is to try and arrive at certain points concerning this pineapple and tea set up.

19. Learnin

Learnin Member

I mentioned this in a reply to Barbara, koldkase, but, right after John admits it looks like milk, I believe Smit follows up with: "Who do you know that would eat pinapple this way?" I took this as a confirmation that there was, indeed, milk in that bowl.

20. Learnin

Learnin Member

You know, DeeDee, maybe they have tested it. You know they stated the new review was going to focus on DNA. Maybe this is why they wanted to talk with Burke?

But I believe they know that JBR ate pineapple from that bowl. Didn't ST's book say the pineapple, in JBR's instestine, matched the pineapple in the bowl?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice