Anybody see this National Enquirer?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

I'd say they have Burke's DNA on the spoon and the tea glass...might be why they want to talk with him? I think they know JBR took pineapple out of that bowl. Why else would Smit press John so much about the pineapple in that bowl....he even said to John when he asked if John was aware that pineapple was in JBR's intestines: I paraphrase: "You can understand, John, that detectives are going to be interested in this....they're going to press for answers about how that pineapple got there if she was asleep when she got home....."

2. Karen

Karen Member

Hmmm. I wonder of Jonbenet got into Burkes pineapple and he got angry.

For the record, I'm not a Burke did it person. I'm just tossing some things around in my mind. (The part I haven't lost yet ,that is.)

3. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I thought about this one too, Karen. Burke may have picked up the flashlight which was in the kitchen and completely wiped clean of fingerprints if you please. Strange when it was used all the time bythe Ramseys.

4. Learnin

Learnin Member

I've thought about that Elle and Karen but we need at least 15 minutes minimum from time of eating pineapple and the head blow.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I was thinking more of testing to see if JB's saliva was on the spoon. If it is, it proved she ate THAT pineapple with THAT spoon from THAT bowl. We don't know if they did this. In light of the "uncertainty" on the part of the parents as to where she would have eaten the pineapple, finding her saliva on the spoon would certainly answer that. Pf course, that may be the very reason the DA doesn't want it tested.

6. Elle

Elle Member

You could be right, Learnin! Amazing nothing concrete ever stemmed from this pineapple episode.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

My comments/additions in BOLD:

So we have three possible explanations for these facts that I can think of:

1. Patsy or Burke prepared a bowl of pineapple and glass of tea for Burke and set it on the glasstop table that afternoon before they went to the Whites' party. JonBenet ate from it at some point after they returned and was attacked 15 to 30 min. later.

2. Patsy or Burke prepared a bowl of pineapple and glass of tea for Burke and set it on the glasstop table after they returned from the Whites' party. JonBenet ate from it approx. 15 to 30 min. before she was attacked.

3. Burke got the bowl of pineapple out and made a glass of tea and put them on the glasstop table after his parents had gone to bed. JonBenet ate some of it, too. Approx. 15 to 30 min. later she was attacked.

You know, this makes me want to know exactly how many fingerprints of Burke's and Patsy's were found on the bowl. Was it just one of each? Can't remember. And how likely is it that only ONE fingerprint would be contributed by someone, as we don't pick things up with one finger. A bowl...hm...maybe the thumb was balanced on the rim to handle it.... Hey, do we know WHERE on the bowl the fingerprints were found? Someone does, hopefully LE, but I don't think we do.

I'm asking about the location and number of prints because that would give us an idea about how much the bowl was actually handled, wouldn't it? Maybe? For example, if it were only handled once by Patsy and once by Burke, then it would seem the bowl was not prepared, eaten from, then refridgerated, then taken out again later...etc. And if Patsy only left a fingerprint when removing the bowl from the dishwasher, then did Burke leave a print getting the bowl and preparing and moving the dish to the table? Or did Patsy prepare it and put it on the table and Burke touched it while eating?

This really drives me mad, trying to guess something which really should be cut and dried: who made up the bowl of pineapple, who put it on the table, who ate from it, AND WHEN? SIMPLE! Except nothing is EVER simple when it comes to the tap dancing Ramseys. Patsy, John, and Burke LIVED THERE. They were there on JonBenet's last day. She was their child and sister. They were there the night she was brutally attacked and murdered. They were there the next morning while her body lay cooling and rigor setting beneath them in the cellar room. John "found" her body and brought it upstairs. Then they ran out the door and forgot everything to the best of their self-preserving memory.

And this is why they will always look suspicious. ALWAYS.

8. Karen

Karen Member

This part irks me a little I have to say. We have no proof Burke drank tea out of that glass. We have a water glass with a spent tea bag inside it and Burkes fingerprints on the glass. Granted, it looks like he handled the glass and drank from it but I truely don't think he drank ICED SWEET TEA on Christmas night. That is a summertime drink and John said in his interview both Burke and Patsy like sweet tea in the summer. Just because there is a tea bag discared in the glass and his prints are on same glass and just because JR said Burke liked sweet tea in the summer doesn't mean he drank sweet iced tea out of that glass on a cold Christmas night in December. Wasn't the temp at about 9 degerees that night? Even though the fingerprints are there and the tea bag is in there it's still not logical to assume this is the one and only explaination for it all. To me it doesn't make sense at all and I don't believe it. I think someone put that teabag there the next morning when everybody was milling around making coffee, (and probably HOT TEA) and waiting for a phone call. To me it just makes more sense.

9. Karen

Karen Member

I guess my whole point is I think that drinking glass was a water glass used by Burke for a drink of water from an earlier time that day. I don't think this glass is related to this crime at all. I think it is just one of those things sitting around a crime scene that everyone tries to make fit, but it doesn't. Just imagine it the way I think about it for a minute. What if it was already sitting there from earlier when the bowl of pineapple was put out? What if it was still sitting there when someone deposited their spemt teabag into to it to discard? I would even go so far as to say lets just assume maybe someone made PATSY a cup of hot tea that morning to try and calm her nerves? You see that makes more sense to me than Burke drinking iced tea late on Christmas night. I would think Patsy would give him cocoa or something appropriate like that. No I think this glass is a red herring.

10. koldkase

Well, it's a theory. Unfortunately, like most of what we wonder about this glass, teabag, and pineapple, we can only speculate.

But I would bet money someone knows the truth. I just hope LE does.

11. Karen

Karen Member

I hope so too KoldKase. At least we don't have to speculate about the pineapple since that has been scientifically proven. But the glass, no proof it's evidence in the crime.

12. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you here, Karen. I'm thinking no pineapple would have been put out for either JonBenét or Burke after coming home from a party where they must have ate enough food and drink, plus it was a bit late for even Burke to be eating anything before going to bed.

With JonBenét being a bedwetter, no way would she have been given iced tea or pineapple chunks which still have juice through them. Not good for a bed wetter!

13. Karen

Karen Member

I'm sorry Elle I think there is some confusion because I probably didn't state my what I meant very well. I meant perhaps the water glass was already on the table from earlier in the day and then later when they got home that night the pineapple was put out for Jonbenet coincindently on the same table and beside the water glass.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Yes! I'm agreeing about the water glass being there, Karen! I'm still thinking these children could have eaten pineapple at the Whites and maybe this pineapple was a setup(?). Everything relating to this case is so phoney!
    Time I gave it up - right?:)

15. Karen

Karen Member

Oh I'm sorry Elle_1, I thought you meant something else.
    I wholeheartedly believe Jonbenet ate pineapple that night after getting to her home. I also believe it was the very pineapple found in the white bowl by the water glass in the Ramsey home. Steve Thomas states that that pineapple was identified by scientific testing as being the very same pineapple found in Jonbenets body during autopsy. I'm wondering why you still question this as being a fact of the case?

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Kids don't often eat much at all at a party, especially a Christmas party with other kids there to play with. I disagree that they'd be too full to want a snack. In fact, JR said that he specifically asked for a plate of crab to be saved for JB because she was busy playing to eat it. So I can definitely see a pineapple snack being given before bed. Fruit is actually a very nice bedtime snack. Patsy's prints are also on the bowl, so we know she handled it, but can't be sure when. We DO know that the pineapple in her small intestine took 2 HOURS to get there. Then she died, and all digestion/metabolic activity stopped. So that has to be accounted for when we consider when she was actually attacked, including whether the head bash did take an hour or so to kill her after it happened. Death coming at approx. 12 midnight, makes a pineapple snack having to have happened approx. 2 hours previously, which is pretty much right after they got home, according to the Rs themselves.

The water glass/tea bag has the same problem. We can't prove when they were used. I don't know whether this practice is common in the South, but I have German friends and other European friends who serve hot tea in a tall glass, not a mug or cup. We also don't know for sure whether the tea bag was used to make tea in that glass or if it was used to make tea in something else (like a mug or cup that was not on the table because it was drunk from and left somewhere else). The tea bag may have simply been placed in the empty glass because it was handy. Done that myself sometimes, putting my spent teabag in whatever was handy on the table. Has LE ever tested the glass for remnants of sweet tea, tea with milk, iced tea or ANY kind of tea beverage? Not that we know, right?

17. Karen

Karen Member

No that is something we've never heard although I wouldn't doubt if they've done it by now. I don't think we've actually heard a lot of the evidence in this case. That's why we have so many questions. I bet LE knows by now.

18. koldkase

Help! This is another discretion that keeps me bouncing back and forth on the timeline. Have you seen Learnin's experiment with pineapple? He came up with an entirely different timeline, from 15 to 30 min. to eat, process and end up in the upper intestine.

Learnin...yoohoooooo.

19. Karen

Karen Member

heehee, I think everyone ditched us KoldKase.

20. Learnin

Learnin Member

Yes, that is right. JBR ate this pineapple on an empty stomach because there was no other foodstuffs in the UGI tract. So, here we go.

Empty stomach.

Little girl likes pineapple.

Empty stomach and tasty food equals a stomach that is ready to work.

Pineapple produces much saliva and gastric juices which equals a well lubricated foodstuff.

Thus, there is every reason to believe those pieces of pineapple were pouring out of her stomach within minutes of being swallowed being bathed in its own juice plus the abundance of salive and gastric juices.

The first time I read the autopsy report and the two hour time line I knew it was a conservative estimate. I asked a Radiologist, one day, "Doc, a little girl chews up a couple pieces of pineapple. How long before you expect it to leave the stomach?" He replied in a second: "About 15 minutes." This is exactly what I knew from my experience so, to prove it, I performed a test on myself and you know the results of that...it proves exactly what the radiologist said and what I knew should be the case.

Now, keep in mind. My pineapple was coated and soaked in barium. Barium is not an appetizer, for sure. In other words, the barium was somewhat repulsive to me..it made the pineapple unattractive to my digestive system. Because of this, it could have slowed the time down.

In UGI radiographic studies, we have pt's drink a liquid barium mixture. Many people, turned off by this cocktail, will have a sluggish stomach. There will be no peristalsis because they are just a little sickened by the taste and texture of the barium. All we have to do, in order to get the stomach to empty (provided the pt. does not have a compromised G.I. system due to trauma, illness) is say: "What's your favorite food? What would you like to be eating for breakfast right now?" The patient will say something like: "Some bacon and eggs would really hit the spot right now." Within seconds of having patients talk and think about their favorite food, the peristalsis begins and the stomach begins emptying.

I feel completely sure of myself in giving a 15 minute to one hour time line. The only reason I allow the time to extend to one hour is because I don't know exactly how far into the small intestine the pineapple was located. Dr. Meyer states several particles of what appears to be pineapple in the PROXIMAL small intestine. The proximal small intestine would include several feet of intestine. Was it one foot from the stomach...two....five? If it was located in the first two feet, I'd say 15 minutes max....

In my experiment, I had pineapple moving through the second portion of my small intestine within 30 minutes.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice