How were the ligature cords cut and the paintbrush handle broken?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Apr 30, 2012.

1. cynic

cynic Member

2. cynic

cynic Member

The two "black holes" are areas that I swapped. I think everyone would agree that the lower area is a bend, while quite a few people believe that the upper area is a cut end. I swapped the two to show that quality issues may mean that both are bends in the cord, just as you think they are. I suspect you are right because as I said, I don't see how a flat cord can appear round if cut other than the possibility of severe quality issues with the picture.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you questioned the cut end being an actual end.

Well, I think it has simply flared a bit--the picture is quite enlarged...by me. I agree the quality of the photos are horrible. They're screen captures, I believe. At least, as far as I remember, nobody has put the digital photos themselves online. I could be wrong--long time ago when these started leaking out. Maybe someone leaked them online in such small frames the quality gets muddied when we enlarge them so much.

There have to be two ends to the cord, though, so let's see if we can put these together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Cynic, I see what you mean that the alleged sealed "end" of the cord may just be a bend in the wrapping of the cord that goes under the knot on the stick.

I took the photo and adjusted the dark exposure to lighten the areas around the stick. From the angle of the photo, it's hard to see if the cord goes under the other strands on the stick, but it's a possibility.

Do we know how Stansport seals the ends of their cords? Do they make them flat or round? There are flat tennis shoe strings that have round ends that are either sealed chemically or with a plastic cover. Would Stansport do something like that or make a "flat" seal like that on your webbing rope?

Attached Files:

5. koldkase

Now don't laugh, cynic. I've already admitted I'm a computer graphics dud....

But maybe this will explain what I mean by "two ends" to the ligature cord:

Attached Files:

6. koldkase

And here is the composite of the two pieces of broken paintbrush you helped me with, Cynic, but I rotated it so the section that is bent, flattened, and twisted shows up better. Maybe it gives us a better idea of how this was all done, piece by piece.

[​IMG]

7. koldkase

:floor:

It's all becoming clear now, cynic...how this case got so screwed up. It must have been one huge, Pentagramsey bong party, 24/7, in Boulder.

I think you have quite a collection of photographs, there, Tabloid Cynic! My, you must have enough to blackmail all of Team Ramsey.

8. cynic

cynic Member

It is difficult to tell, although I would think that Stansport would treat the flat cord with a flat seal. There is one way to find out, buy some. And that's what I did, I have some on order and I will take some pictures of the end when it arrives.

9. cynic

cynic Member

The other end has to be lurking in there somewhere, but IF it was treated with a flat seal I can't see that cord flaring into anything remotely round. Treated ends are very rigid and will not deform. I believe that either that is another bend, or the end is untreated and we are seeing blurred “frizzies.â€

10. Cherokee

:yay: Ha ha, good for you, Cynic!

Reading that made me think ... here at FFJ (and WS), posters have spent more time, effort and money in pursuit of JonBenet's killer than anyone from Team Ramsey, including John Ramsey!

John has spent HIS time, effort and money on a public relations team, an array of lawyers to keep him out of jail, flying around America in his private airplane, yachting in his private boat, playing golf, running for political office, taking Christmas vacations in Hawaii, promoting two books about himself (one with Patsy), doing promotional interviews, and finding wife #3.

Nothing has been about JonBenet. Not one dime, not one minute. John's life after JonBenet has been all about John Ramsey. John isn't interested in finding JonBenet's killer because he already knows who it is and what happened the night she died. There is no driving need like there is for other parents of murdered children.

We are the ones with the obsession to find the truth because we have been DENIED what John knows.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  11. koldkase

I'd applaud what you've written, Cherokee, because it's 100% true...

...only I can't, because it just makes me want to weep.

12. koldkase

In case you missed this, I'll post it again--my rudimentary attempt at graphics:

[​IMG]

Well, I'm fairly sure the BPD and labs which processed the ligatures at least know where the ends are and the condition they were in, how they were cut, etc.

So this is really just for us to clarify our perception of the evidence. Like trying to piece together the pieces of the paintbrush, I'm looking to get a better idea in case it helps me understand what went on that night.

And great idea, ordering that Stansport. Can't wait to hear what you learn from that. :takeabow:

13. cynic

cynic Member

So true, well said.
    Reminded me somewhat of this old article:

1 killing, 2 stories: You decide
    By Chuck Green
    Denver Post Columnist, April 12, 2000

There are two stories out there, and it's up to you to decide which one you believe. Both can't be true.
    One version of the story comes from the Ramseys, John and Patsy.
    When they appeared on CNN on New Year's Day 1997 - almost 31/2 years ago, but only six days after the horrible event - the Ramseys said they weren't angry at the killer who smashed the skull of their daughter and then, while she was dying from the massive blow to her head, wrapped a nylon cord around her neck and pulled it tight until she strangled.
    They said they just wanted to get on with life.
    Since then, they have sailed under the summer sun on Lake Michigan on their yacht and traveled to Spain on vacation and moved to a new home in an affluent neighborhood of Atlanta and hired contractors to remodel their new home. Indeed, their wish has been granted, and they've moved on.
    You can read all about it in their book.

The second version comes from Steve Thomas, a Boulder detective who spent more than two years gathering evidence in his politically frustrated hunt to find the killer of the Ramseys' daughter.
    During that search, he didn't take a single week off - not to sail on a private yacht, not to travel in Spain, not to buy a new home in a rich suburb in another state, not to spend Christmas with his wife, not to rush to the bedside of his dying father.
    Instead, he dedicated those years to finding the killer of JonBenét Ramsey.
    You can read all about it in his book.
    I've read both books, and I tend to believe the version written by the detective who has sacrificed his weekends and his nights and his holidays and his health and his career in the pursuit of JonBenét's killer.
    I put less value on the version written by the child's parents, who now live their life of leisure in Atlanta, where they occasionally issue press statements calling the hard-working and fact-finding detective a "moron.''
    Thomas writes that when an FBI agent asked Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter whether he was going to call a grand jury in the case, he said:
    "This is a political decision. ... I have to get with my people.''
    And, in the end, consider this:
    Patsy Ramsey's great dream was to see her daughter walk down the bright beauty-pageant runway, wearing the sparkling crown of Miss America - an achievement Patsy once described as the greatest accomplishment a woman could ever attain.
    In contrast, Detective Thomas closes his book with this final thought about the potential of a child he never met:
    "Miss America was the least she could have been.''
    Jimmy the Professor, who occasionally submits his thoughts for publication in this spot but who is rarely listened to, had this to say about the latest developments in the JonBenét Ramsey murder case:
    I see the Ramseys are saying the detective has it all wrong. They ought to know - after all, they were there.

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/green0412.htm

14. cynic

cynic Member

Nothing wrong with that, it's a good visual.
    Hopefully the Stansport N-50 will shed further light on this whole issue.
    BTW, what do you think of area that’s circled below? Could that be the elusive end?
    [​IMG]

15. cynic

cynic Member

It's not looking good for me, I actually own black duct tape and soon I will own Stansport 3/16" flat cord.
    If I pick up some Hi-Tec boots that should seal the deal. LOL

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  16. koldkase

Oh, brilliant, Mr. Green and Jimmy the Professor. Hear, hear!

Thanks for posting that, Cynic. I never read it, as I wasn't on the Internet when it was published. Boy, did they nail the Ramseys to the CORE.

17. koldkase

:laughup:

Learnin has a pair he might be willing to part with. Or y'all could team up as a foreign faction.

18. Cherokee

Thanks for posting that, Cynic!

Kudos to Chuck Green and his damning critique of the difference between the Ramseys and Steve Thomas, a man who really cared about finding JonBenet's killer. The Ramseys cared more about continuing their posh life. Of course, John and Patsy already knew who the killer was, so there was no need to spend their time, money and effort looking for an intruder they knew didn't exist - especially when everything could be better spent on themselves!

As the old saying goes ... "follow the money," which is the same as the Bible verse, "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." It is a truth in all cultures. What you pour your money into, your time and efforts is what is closest to your heart, what really matters to you.

We see what mattered to the Ramseys. Staying out of jail. Living the good life in Atlanta and Charlevoix. Keeping all their toys if possible. Suing anyone and everyone possible. Searching for JonBenet's killer was very low on their list. John Ramsey didn't even mention it in the interviews he did this past March while flogging his latest book.

So here we are.

And there is John; living in Charlevoix, flying his plane, playing golf, and basking in the glow of his latest PR attempt to rehabilitate the Ramsey image.

Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

19. cynic

cynic Member

LOL, as tempting as it is to be part of a FF, I prefer to be part of FFJ.
    Oh, oh, I probably shouldn’t be using acronyms.

20. cynic

cynic Member

We all know that the so called “garrote” had JonBenet’s hair caught and tied into the cord.
    To the best of my knowledge it was never made clear whether the hair was there as a result of being pulled out, or if it was cut away by the coroner.
    In the following picture, it looks as if there were a few strands caught in the brush handle a very short distance from JonBenet’s head.
    If that’s the case then it confirms that the paintbrush handle was a prop because pulling the handle would have ripped the hair out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice