Burke Ramsey has no interest in answering questions

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by madeleine_ws, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Guess your vote is for stupid! lol I lean toward stupid also.

I remember a coworker telling me the case was solved and I was floored and said no way. Later I was proven correct....Lacy was full of it. When the coworker found out what evidence Lacy had they were astonished! Showed us all how incompetent Lacy's DA office was.

Main thing was the coworker said something like thank God that kind of nonsense doesn't happen here and what the hell is going on with the Boulder DA's office.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I used to be naive, thinking of most DA's as being the good guys, but having watched this case run its course, along with the Duke Lacrosse case and the arrest of Michael Jackson in the Gavin A case, I have learned that there are lots of crooked, evil DA's.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I just want to make something clear here, as regards moi: no reporter has ever called me for any reason.

If you don't believe me, ask gutter candy. She's been telling me for years everyone in the world ignores me on purpose. And thank god for that.... :yes:

4. Show Me

Sooooooo...what do you think KK?
    Lacy is...

A: Bought off
    B: A complete idiot
    C: Desperate for media attention

Unless BobC corrects me I think there are 2 votes for Complete idiot.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

All of the above?

6. Elle

Elle Member

Ditto! ALL OF THE ABOVE! :) ex D.A. Mary Lacy will never live down being the No.1 idiot of the year when it comes to the fiasco of the John Mark Carr story. When is the movie being made?

7. koldkase

I'm voting "All of the above."

Incompetent and corrupt is implied in "Bought off" and "A complete idiot", right?

8. Show Me

Dee, Elle and KK...you got me. I have to agree...give me a D!

Lacy is...

A: Bought off
    B: A complete idiot
    C: Desperate for media attention
    D: All of the above

3 for All of the above....and I'd like to change my vote. Make it 4 for all of the above.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

You can have an agenda--say, for arguments sake--clearing the Ramseys because people in your political party are connected through business deals. That would be self-interest bordering on evil. But picking someone like Karr to pin it on? That is PURE STUPID. The sad thing is so much of the press immediately picked up on it and made it real.

10. koldkase

And who owns the major media outlets now? Let me think, let me think....

11. Learnin

Learnin Member

I'm bumping this since I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic. I hope this wasn't addressed somewhere on one of threads concerning Kolar's book but:

Since Kolar was present at the cold case task force assembled after Garnett handed the case back to Boulder police, and since Kolar presented his theory,
    can we conclude that Boulder police wanted to question Burke because of what Kolar presented?

12. Tez

Tez Member

Entirely possible. But, Burke has "no interest" in talking to them.....

13. heymom

heymom Member

Burke is a dead end (no pun intended). He could not have been prosecuted for the crime, assuming he did the initial head injury, since he was 9 years old. He is immune now - if he were innocent, and had information, he could choose to cooperate, but he is not compelled to cooperate. And if he is guilty, why in the world would the BPD think that he would answer any more questions?

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think that is a fair assumption. And as the case has no one assigned to it, I think that fair assumption has even more likelihood of being correct.

15. Learnin

Learnin Member

If that be the case, and it is likely, does any one have an idea as to what Kolar presented which made BPD want to talk with BR? Do you think it was covered in his book or did Kolar leave some point out of the book which was even more incriminating?

16. Karen

Karen Member

I don't think we'll ever know if he left something more incriminating out but IMO what he presented in his book would be enough to warrant another meeting with Burke.

Even with all the evidence we have from ST's book and others and now Chief Kolars there is still more we don't know about. I wish he would have just given it all up especially since he knows there will never be a prosecution in this case but I suppose he would have gotten in big trouble if he did that.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Have you read the whole book already, Karen?

18. heymom

heymom Member

Me too! If he had good legal help, who cares what they do to him? I mean, can you imagine the publicity for the case?? JonBenet would be vindicated at last! And Hunter and Lacy would get some scrutiny after all these years. Maybe they aren't out of the statute of limitations.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Good legal help costs lots of money and a trial could last years. Kolar already used money from his retirement fund to publish the book to get the truth out there and show what Lacy did. That money may never be paid back. Kolar is still working as the chief of police in a small Colorado town. He is not independently wealthy. Look what the Ramseys did to Steve Thomas, and he had the backing (and lawsuit insurance) of a major publisher.

If Kolar told all, not only would he be looking at lawsuits from Lacy, John Ramsey, etc., it's conceivable Lacy and others in Colorado would use their influence to have him arrested on some pretext. Lacy threatened that very thing in her letter to him.

Kolar had his book vetted by a lawyer, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a risk in what he did. He could still be sued; we see frivolous lawsuits every day in America, and he knows it. Just putting a lawyer on retainer for a lawsuit costs thousands of dollars. James Kolar did a very brave thing with what he DID publish.

Yes, we'd all love to know more, but Kolar has said he hopes his book will prompt someone else to reveal what they know. I believe he's hoping for a domino effect. He has done what he can to reveal the truth, now it's time for another case player to step forward, and another, etc. It's like chipping at a brick wall. Steve Thomas did what he could. James Kolar has done what he could.

Who will be the next courageous person that helps tear down the Ramsey-built wall that surrounds truth in this case?

20. Elle

Elle Member

You speak the truth, Cherokee! Great Post!

Good question:
    Who do you think would be the first person to step forward?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice