Could Patsy have been tried for negligent homicide?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Apr 22, 2011.

1. cynic

cynic Member

And I, for one, have appreciated it.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Why thank you! And now if I could only learn how to type and spell. :floor:

Sorry I didn't get back to this yet. Life has been throwing me some time-consuming curves lately, but I will try to read through this in the next few days, if fate allows.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Of course it's a compliment to you, young Cynic! :) All I can say is you sure write like a lawyer. [​IMG] I do enjoy reading intelligent posts and coming across scenarios I never thought of. I come here and enjoy reading posts rather than read a newspaper or a book.

A big thank you to all of you FFJ girls and Shadow, of course! I love reading his posts on his FBI contacts. He's the closest I'll ever get to the FBI. [​IMG]

4. koldkase

Okay, spent two hrs. reading the wrong thread to "refresh" my thoughts on this thread. lol That's about par for my course, lately.

Anyhow, half way through this one now and will respond tonight after supper, if nothing else jumps up and grabs me by the short hairs.... :2mchinfo:

5. koldkase

Hey, you've convinced me, for one. Arrest Patsy now! :dammit:

I am assuming these laws were on the books in 1996, as well. The reason I mention that is because some laws were actually changed in Colorado as a result of the Ramsey case: for example, the law that gave anyone questioned by a grand jury the right to see any former statements made by the witness which LE possessed. The problem with this law was that this included not only LE interviews with witnesses, but any tapes, videos with audio, and any statements attributed to the witness by another, such as a friend saying that John Ramsey said blahblah.

Some speculated this was the reason the Ramseys weren't called to testify at the grand jury. They would have been entitled to every interview they'd given LE, as well as copies of transcripts of interviews others had with LE in which any conversation with the Ramseys was related to LE. For ex.: Fleet White surely told LE the details of what passed between him and JR that morning, the night before, the week after, and probably many times in the past. The Ramseys may not have known exactly what White said to LE, but before they testified for the grand jury, through their lawyers they'd have requested all of that documented for them, for every witness questioned or who volunteered info, if it contained anything attributed as related by John or Patsy, to each his/her own, of course.

Also, as you know, I'm sure, it was this grand jury witness law that allowed Burke's lawyer to gain access to a copy of the 911 call. What it didn't do was allow him access to a copy of the "enhanced" 911 tape, which was processed evidence, like a DNA profile report. Hunter was said to have fought over that with the judge and lost.

Personally I now believe Hunter wanted everyone to believe that the grand jury law about prior statements was his reason for not calling the Ramseys, but I don't believe that at all anymore. I think Hunter never wanted the Ramseys questioned by a competent lawyer like Kane without a lawyer, in front of the grand jury and by the grand jury. No doubt Patsy and John would have slipped up. That's why Hunter refused to call a grand jury for so long when it was clearly needed for investigative purposes, IMO. Even Mike Kane said the grand jury should have been called much sooner. Only after Thomas sent his resignation letter to the governor and made it public did the governor force Hunter to call a grand jury or lose control of the case.

At any rate, after the silly conclusion to the grand jury, complete with Hunter doing his obligatory faux press conference to signal the Ramseys they were free and clear, the Colorado legislature changed the grand jury "prior witness statements" rule. Too late for this case.

But I trust you know the dates of the law you've cited, and therefore they'd have applied to this case back in 1996. Your sources of Beckner's comments about felony murder would seem to confirm that, as well.

It's kind of interesting that it was the talking-head lawyers who discussed this case on TV every night for years who said it couldn't be tried in Colorado without specific persons being charged with the actual individual elements of the crime. I'll give Darnay this: he was the first of them to state that DA Hunter had "no will to prosecute." That was spot on.

So thanks for honing it down for us.

I also agree that sitting in jail for a couple of years might have given Patsy something to think about. I don't know that she'd ever have broken and told the truth, not with her law team and connections. Since I firmly believe she was involved up to her dog collar, talking would only have helped her if she'd made a deal to rat out John. I can't see her doing that. But at least it would have been some time behind bars to face who she was and what she'd done.

A prosecutor should have rolled the dice on this case. Win or lose, at least they could have tried to make the case, to get justice and the truth to light instead of burying it for all time. If they thought that the Ramseys were not "real criminals" and this was a fluke, sorry, NOT THEIR JOB to decide guilt or innocence. That's the jury's job. And what about all the truly innocent people whose lives were so wrongly impacted after being labeled "suspect" by Team Ramsey? They deserve for the evidence to be revealed in court--and if not there, then in a FOIA dump.

But no way would the powers-that-be in Boulder have put Patsy Ramsey in jail and on trial: she was just too rich, too sympathetic, and they already have a long history of letting rich people get away with murder in Colorado.

I still don't believe Enron's Ken Lay died there, either. :no:

Well, I'm just rambling, cynic. You made the case well. Now if only they change the law so that Patsy can be posthumously tried for felony murder....

6. cynic

cynic Member

I want to respond to several things in your post, KK, but I'll start with this bit of info relating to grand jury shenanigans and the possibility that Stan Garnett might indeed be different from his pathetic predecessors.

January 13, 2011
    Police have obtained an arrest warrant for the prime suspect in the 1983 slaying of Sid Wells, one of Boulder's most notorious unsolved killings.

But authorities have not been able to locate Thayne Smika, who was Wells' 24-year-old roommate at the time of his death and has been the main suspect for more than 27 years. Police haven't known his whereabouts since 1986.
    "There hasn't been a national or international hunt for Mr. Smika," Boulder police Chief Mark Beckner said Thursday. "There will be now."

The arrest warrant, which calls for a charge of first-degree murder and sets Smika's bond at $5 million, was signed by Boulder County District Court Judge Roxanne Bailin on Dec. 2. Records of the warrant remained sealed until Thursday, which Beckner said was to allow investigators to try to track the suspect down.
    Beckner said investigators went out of the state to interview family members and friends of Smika, but he declined to say where the investigations have taken place. He said the conversations have yielded "a few small tidbits" of information about Smika's whereabouts, but no one is sure where to look.

"It's definitely a step forward that we've been waiting for years," she said. "We've always felt he was the one, but to get an arrest warrant is a big deal."
    Menger said she applauded District Attorney Stan Garnett's office for taking an interest in cold cases and pushing the investigation forward.
    While two previous district attorneys and a Boulder County grand jury all declined to pursue charges against Smika, Garnett said investigators have enough evidence to charge him.

"We spent two years putting the pieces together, and I made a decision based on this stage of evidence," Garnett said.
    David Hayes, deputy chief of Boulder police who was one of the original investigators assigned to the Wells case, said Thursday that he's believed all along that Smika was responsible.
    "It feels good," Hayes said of the case finally moving forward.
    He said the department has relied heavily on testing of shotgun pellets recovered from Wells' body, which experts believe match those found in shotgun shells recovered from Smika's family home in eastern Colorado after the slaying.
    According to the arrest affidavit, detectives took previous ballistics evidence to a probability expert who found the likelihood of the same alloys existing in the same proportion in the same pellets to be between 1 in 2,925 and 1 in 665,250.
    Craig Silverman, a former prosecutor and legal commentator, said that level of probability is significant, noting that non-DNA evidence doesn't offer the same level of certainty.
    "Statistics that are valid are often very persuasive if it's coupled with other evidence," he said.
    Friends of Smika also told police in the 1990s that he made suspicious or incriminating statements after the homicide, but one woman who told police Smika admitted the crime to her has since died.
    Silverman said that will present a hurdle for prosecutors. Once a witness is dead, her statements usually cannot be admitted at trial. However, Silverman said Garnett wouldn't have moved forward if he didn't believe the evidence would be enough to convict Smika.

While Smika was arrested on Oct. 6, 1983, about two months after the slaying, then-District Attorney Alex Hunter declined to charge him, saying there wasn't enough evidence.
    A Boulder County grand jury was convened to investigate the homicide but failed to issue an indictment in 1985 after Hunter made a secret agreement with Smika's public defender, Steve Jacobson, that the grand jury would not indict.
    Hunter said he made the deal in October 1983, before the grand jury began its investigation, in exchange for keeping Smika's expiring $100,000 bond in force for two extra weeks.
    The case was then closed for years, until Hayes and Detective Melissa Kampf reopened it in 1997 when a new witness offered information about Smika's actions around the time of the homicide.
    The FBI was also able to connect three shotgun shells found in Smika's mother's home in eastern Colorado with the one that killed Wells -- although the results of those tests have since been questioned.
    Hayes and Kampf asked Hunter to issue an arrest warrant for Smika, but Hunter declined again, saying there was "much more work to be done."
    Mary Lacy, who succeeded Hunter, also said it was premature to file charges against Smika when police asked her to in 2001.

Garnett said he wouldn't second-guess the decisions of previous prosecutors, who saw the evidence in an earlier stage of development. He praised the willingness of Boulder police to pursue every angle prosecutors asked about.
    Garnett has made pursuing cold-case homicides a priority, with mixed results.
    "These are tough cases, and they take everything we have, but they're important to the community," he said.
    Smika disappeared in 1986 and hasn't talked with Boulder police since 1985.
    Still, authorities have continued their search for him.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_17087476?source=most_viewed#axzz1Opa3AtUJ

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  7. koldkase

In reading your last post, Cynic, where you mention the Smika murder case, I noticed something that confused me, as legalese often does. So I backtracked and pinpointed my problem and thought I'd share in case I'm not alone.

In your original question to me, you quoted a statement of Darnay Hoffman's. I've bolded the specific part at the end which involves a felony murder charge, as opposed to a first-degree murder charge:

Then you provided some other sources confirming what Darnay said: "felony murder is not a bailable offense."

I'm a bit confused because today you posted an article on the Smika murder case that is current to this year, which does mention a bond for Smika on a first-degree murder charge. Is the distinction a first-degree murder vs a felony murder charge?

So here's a simple definition I found, to help me follow what you've painstakingly documented for us:

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/murder_first_degree.html

I was actually a bit confused myself this morning and had to go over all this again, so thought I'd reiterate it for any other mentally challenged readers like me. (Meno-mind means I have a short term memory span of a cat.)

So the argument Darnay and Chief Beckner made was that Patsy Ramsey could have been charged and convicted with felony murder if it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she wrote the ransom note, and if it was proven that the child was being sexually abused on and/or prior to the night she was murdered, and Patsy wrote the note to aid in covering both crimes...sort of like driving the getaway car?

I've mangled that a bit, haven't I? :blush:

8. koldkase

I'm following you, cynic.

Have you been reading about the case of Hunter's son's accidental death from drug overdose? I recently read an interview with Hunter in a follow-up article about that tragic death, and Hunter was as deliberately abstruse as ever. He's either spent too many decades evading or bargaining away his duties as a prosecutor to be able to look at his own son's death with clarity, or the man is just a bona fide liar. The pattern of obstructing the truth is clearly his leading position.

I've posted the various items about the death of John Hunter-Hauck from drug overdose here to update this tragic story: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=187629#post187629

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I believe a felony murder is when it happens during the committing of anther crime. (sexual abuse of a child?)
    Murder One is premeditated, and I don't believe that is the case here.

10. cynic

cynic Member

No, there is no distinction with respect to the two in terms of being non-bailable offenses. Felony murder carries all of the ramifications of first-degree murder.
    You are right to be confused with respect to Smika’s bond being set at 5 million dollars.
    There are a couple of reasons why this may have happened.
    The bond may have been set for other charges relating to the case in addition to murder.
    or
    The bond may have been set arbitrarily by the judge as a consequence of a review of the evidence presented for probable cause. If prosecutors do not wish to reveal too much of their case in an arrest warrant, they sometimes skimp on details that ultimately may cause a judge to decide that setting bail is more justified.

It’s part of this Colorado law:
    CRS 16-4-101. Bailable offenses
    (1) All persons shall be bailable by sufficient sureties except:
    (a) For capital offenses when proof is evident or presumption is great…

http://www.dibailbondssouth.com/colorado-bail-bond-laws/

This means that in a potential murder case, such as the Smika case, the judge must be convinced by the evidence shown to him by the prosecution before he decides to issue an arrest warrant without the possibility of bail. To cover their behinds, they usually set the bail extremely high as they did here. If the prosecution is not happy with the decision they have the option of submitting a motion to rescind bail at a bail hearing.

Here are examples of what I said above, and hopefully this will clarify things:

No bail for murder, bail set for other charges
    Mar. 06, 2011
    Carmen Barahona, charged with murder, appears in Miami-Dade court
    BY JAWEED KALEEM, MiamiHerald.com

Speechless, sullen and looking exhausted, Carmen Barahona made her first court appearance Sunday afternoon in front of a judge to face charges in the death of her adopted 10-year-old daughter, who was found dead on Valentine’s Day along Interstate 95.
    Barahona, 60, whose husband, Jorge Barahona, was found passed out with his dead daughter stuffed in a trash bag and her twin brother drenched with toxic chemicals along the highway in West Palm Beach, appeared in front of a judge from jail via closed-circuit television.
    Judge Charles Johnson told Barahona at the bond hearing that she was charged with murder along with seven counts of aggravated assault and child abuse and also seven counts of child neglect, The judge set bond for the abuse charges, but not for the murder charge.
    No family or private lawyer came to court Sunday and after the brief hearing, which lasted no more than a few minutes, Carmen Barahona returned to jail, where she will later meet with a public defender.
    Miami-Dade police and prosecutors took over the death investigation after the son, Victor, suggested to detectives that his sister Nubia’s injuries were inflicted inside the family’s West Miami-Dade home. Victor was released last week from Jackson Memorial Hospital’s burn unit and is said to be recovering well in a therapeutic foster home.
    Carmen Barahona, who had been questioned by police extensively about what happened to the twins in her home, was not charged until Saturday, when she was arrested by Miami-Dade police.
    Details of her arrest, which was carried out under a sealed warrant, were not available Sunday. Miami-Dade police plan a press conference on Monday morning about the arrest.
    Jorge Barahona remains in Palm Beach County Jail with no bail on charges of attempted murder and aggravated child abuse.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/...en-looking-carmen-barahona.html#ixzz1Ou3j9ln4

No bail for teen accused in killing
    by BILL HETHCOCK THE GAZETTE

A Monument teenager accused of killing his grandmother will stay in jail until his trial, a judge ruled Friday, despite new evidence that suggests the shooting might have been accidental.
    Christopher Paul, who is being tried as an adult, is charged with first-degree murder and faces life in prison. He is being held without bail pending his Sept. 26 trial in 4th Judicial District Court.

Prosecutors say Paul, who was 15 at the time, shot Jacqueline Jean Paul, 74, in the head while she slept April 26, 2004, in the family's house at 2215 Wakonda Way in Monument.
    Ann Kaufman, one of Paul's lawyers, asked Judge David Shakes on Friday to set bond, as required by law unless the judge finds a strong likelihood that he will be convicted of first-degree murder.
    Kaufman pointed to new crime scene evidence indicating the shooting didn't happen the way El Paso County sheriff's investigators and prosecutors have argued it did.
    Prosecutors had theorized that Paul, a ninth-grader at Lewiser High School, intentionally shot his grandmother with his father's .22 rifle while standing over her as she lay in bed.
    But crime scene technicians who examined the bullet trajectory, entry and exit wounds, the bed height and the position of the grandmother's body concluded the rifle was waist high -- not shoulder level -- when fired.
    The information bolsters Christopher Paul's early statements that the shooting was accidental, Kaufman said.
    When interrogated hours after the shooting, Paul first told a sheriff's investigator that an intruder shot his grandmother. He then said he accidentally shot her.
    When questioned further, Paul said he intentionally shot her because he was embarrassed at the prospect of her accompanying him to school as punishment.
    Kaufman said the investigator coerced him into confessing.
    "Nobody said Christopher Paul was upset with his grandmother, that he wanted to kill his grandmother or that he didn't want his grandmother to go to school with him," Kaufman said. "That was all made up -- conjecture -- by the Sheriff's Office."
    Prosecutor Diana May said the evidence doesn't rule out the possibility that pertinent parts of Paul's confession are true. May pointed out that Jacqueline Paul was shot in the head, which, she said, seems coincidental for an accidental shooting.
    The investigator wasn't coercing a confession but pressing for the truth, May said.
    Shakes said the fact that Jacqueline Paul was shot in the head and that Christopher Paul said he fantasized about killing her convinced him he should be held without bail.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20050528/ai_n14657446/?tag=untagged

Superior's Stephanie Rochester denied bond; faces murder charge Monday
    By Vanessa Miller, Daily Camera staff writer, 06/03/2010

A 34-year-old Superior mother accused of her baby's murder -- a woman described as "lovely and sweet and consistent" who may have suffered from postpartum depression and "snapped" -- was told Thursday that she can't leave jail because the charge against her means she's not entitled to bail.
    Stephanie Rochester, wearing a pale blue suicide smock and drying her tear-stained eyes under wire-rimmed glasses, made her first appearance Thursday before a Boulder County District Court judge. The judge told Rochester she must return to court Monday to be formally charged.
    Rochester was arrested Tuesday night, just hours after she and her husband, Lloyd Rochester, brought their unresponsive 6-month-old baby boy, Rylan Richard Rochester, to Avista Hospital in Louisville, where he was pronounced dead.
    She was being held in the Boulder County Jail on $750,000 bond on suspicion of first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death until prosecutors filed a motion arguing that Rochester should be held without bail because first-degree murder is a capital offense.

Details about why authorities arrested Rochester have been sealed in a warrant for 10 days. The District Attorney's Office has filed a motion to have it unsealed, but the judge has indicated that she'll wait to rule on the motion until the defense has a chance to respond by Wednesday.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_15218284?source=most_emailed#axzz1Ou9mL6rZ

Man Charged With 3 Shootings, Including Slaying Of Ex-Wife's Suspected Lover
    Posted By Justin Adams, News Editor TheDenverChannel.com February 13, 2011

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Bail has been set at $10 million for a man indicted in the slaying of his ex-wife's suspected lover and the attempted murder of his ex-wife's divorce attorney and the judge who presided over his divorce. Bruce Nozolino, a 49-year-old Colorado Springs anti-tax activist, is charged with first-degree murder in the Nov. 30, 2008, slaying of Richard Schreiner, a man whom prosecutors say was having an affair with Nozolino's then-wife.
    Nozolino is charged with two counts of attempted murder in a Jan. 23, 2002, shooting that wounded divorce attorney John Ciccolella, leaving him blind in one eye, and in the shooting into Judge Gilbert Martinez's home on Oct. 13, 2001.
    Arapahoe County Chief District Judge William Sylvester set bail after telling prosecutors they don't have enough evidence to hold Nozolino without bail.

Schreiner was found shot near his Stetson Hills home while shoveling snow. He had just finished shoveling his own drive and was walking down the street to shovel his mother's drive and sidewalk when he was shot and killed, according to police.
    Police also said at the time they didn't believe that the shooting was a random act.
    Prosecutors say Schriener's slaying happened a little over a month after Nozolino was stripped of his government security clearance, ending his high-paying software engineering job with Lockheed Martin.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26851362/detail.html

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  11. cynic

cynic Member

Absolutely right. Premeditation is not a required element, and it has to happen during the commission of, furtherance of, or escape from a qualifying underlying felony.
    Colorado (Col. Rev. Stat. Sec. 18-3-102)
    It is first degree murder for someone, acting alone or with others to (1) commit or attempt to commit arson, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, sexual assault, class 3 felony sexual assault on a child, or escape and (2) in the course of or in furtherance of the crime or in immediate flight from it, anyone causes the death of a person other than one of the participants. The crime is subject to the death penalty or life in prison.
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/2008/rpt/2008-r-0087.htm

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  12. cynic

cynic Member

It was definitely applicable in 1996/1997.
    Outside of the legal “Dream Team” assembled by Thomas and the BPD, it seemed as if Darnay was the only other lawyer who seemed to be willing to discuss the prospect of prosecuting the Ramseys on a felony murder angle.
    Personally, I think that a lot of people have made the case much more complicated than it really is, especially the vast majority of the talking heads.
    Perhaps I’m a bit more naively hopeful, but I think that PR might have cracked, although I believe that it would be strictly dependant on how quickly after JonBenet’s death they were arrested. As time went on and they became more emotionally detached from the events of that night, it would be far less likely, IMO.

I could not agree more, what were they waiting for??? (A spine comes to mind.) Sure, it would not have been an easy case, but it was winnable.
    Ah yes, a FOIA dump would be awesome.
    I agree, ultimately any discussion of prosecuting the Ramseys in Boulder at that time falls into the realm of fiction or fantasy, but it’s nice to dream?

13. cynic

cynic Member

Not at all, that’s an excellent summary.

Let’s fit it into the statute:
    Colorado (Col. Rev. Stat. Sec. 18-3-102)
    It is first degree murder for someone, acting alone or with others to (1) commit or attempt to commit arson, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, sexual assault, class 3 felony sexual assault on a child, or escape and (2) in the course of or in furtherance of the crime or in immediate flight from it, anyone causes the death of a person other than one of the participants. The crime is subject to the death penalty or life in prison.

Here is how Patsy fits in:

It is first degree murder for Patsy Ramsey, acting alone or with John Ramsey in furtherance of the crime of class 3 felony sexual assault on a child to cause the death of JonBenet Ramsey. The crime is subject to the death penalty or life in prison.

14. cynic

cynic Member

I was aware of the story, but I haven’t been following up in terms of any subsequent updates. Thanks for the info.
    It certainly seems that either he didn’t read the police report or is refusing to accept its findings.

15. koldkase

I agree. The campaign to stop this case from being prosecuted started the night of the murder. It continued until it was no longer feasible, after Patsy died. Lacy's arrest of PERV Karr was nothing more than an attempt to finish what Hunter began: destroying the truth for the benefit of the Ramsey family.

I think had Boulder LE followed even the most rudimentary investigative protocol and taken the Ramseys in for questioning that day, or arrested them if they refused, we might have had this case solved before most of us even heard of it. Add in the simple investigative collection of evidence in the way of the Ramsey's phone records immediately, I have NO DOUBT it would have been over, as I believe there were phone calls made that night during the time the Ramseys claimed to be sleeping.

But now we'll never know, and that's how the back room dealers wanted it, IMO.

While watching the Casey Anthony trial, I find myself thinking this is similar to what a Ramsey trial would have looked like, had the FBI taken over their legal jurisdiction until the body was found, and had the BPD investigators been allowed to investigate unhampered by Alex "Let's make a back room deal" Hunter.

16. koldkase

I would love to have seen that case presented to a jury. Whoever was sexually assaulting the child before that night, it would have been appallingly clear to a jury that Patsy was helping cover it all up.

17. koldkase

Or he's just covering up the ugly details, as is his pattern when he doesn't want the truth to be revealed or illegal actions to be exposed.

John Hunter-Hauck was a minor still, 20 years old. His birthday was in June, but he died in May. So how did he get the alcohol that was found in his system, which was .212?

Also, I doubt very seriously that this was the first time John used alcohol, and possibly drugs, since it is alleged that the friend said Hunter-Hauck snorted the oxycontin, a much more dangerous way to use it as it has no time-release in that application.

If his friend was with John when he stole oxycontin from Hunter's cabinet and knew about it, observed John using the allegedly stolen drug and used it himself, is that not a crime?

But Hunter again chooses which laws are followed and which are prosecuted. Do you think that any other persons committing those offenses would have gotten off without so much as an indictment when it all resulted in the death of a young man? If those young men had been of a different class, I have no doubt the investigation would have gone another way, IMO.

In the land of Hunter, the law has no blindfold. It's selectively applied, depending on whom it is that is the law-breaker, apparently. I have to wonder if his son's illegal behavior was informed as a result of knowing he would have no consequences if caught--and never thinking that so young a death would be his final judge.

18. cynic

cynic Member

I was wondering how many favors would need to be called in if it wasn’t John Hunter that died, but rather his friend who also took some of the stolen Oxycontin (from John.) Can you imagine? Possession and distribution of a controlled substance, criminal negligence causing death, very serious indeed; I guess if the favors didn’t work out, Alex would have had to use the services of Haddon, Morgan and Foreman to defend his son. It’s the circle of life.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  19. koldkase

Talk about irony....

Hindsight...is sometimes BRILLIANT!

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=96618#post96618

1977 Contestant Bio Page Entry for Patsy Paugh

(Patsy's photo is highlighted with blue.)

NOTE: The biographical information printed below the photo reads as follows:

Miss West Virginia
    Patricia Ann Paugh

Parkersburgh
    West Virginia University, Junior
    Born: December 29th, 1956
    Major Subject: Advertising
    Talent: Author/Duo Acting
    [​IMG]

20. cynic

cynic Member

Quite ironic, nice bit of memorabilia.
    Her best work would be about 19 years in the future. Her “talent” was all the more impressive by virtue of her ability to work under pressure.
    She did manage to “Light up the World” as well, the world's press, that is.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice