Umbrella of Suspicion: Investigating the death of JonBenet Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by cynic, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Karen was going to do the same as Koldkase with this "Umbrella of Suspicion" book, cynic, but obviously something prevented this from happeningI? I sincerely hope she is okay!

There was no title mentioned in the book Jeeps talked about and I took it for granted it was Kolar's. No harm done! I still have Kolar's and this Taylor one to read and I don't know when I'll get back to them(?). Life's like that![​IMG]

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Hiya Elle,

I assumed Jeeps was talking about Kolars as well.

Jeeps - if you were not referring to Kolar's book, I withdraw my repsonse about getting the book.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Post #55 (Learnin) He is talking to Karen about Taylor's book.

4. Elle

Elle Member

You make me feel so much better Moab. Came across Learnin's post about Taylor's book and posted it fast! [​IMG]

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

IMHO, I believe Jeeps is talking about Taylor's book, Umbrella of Suspicion, which is why he posted his query on this thread devoted to it.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Just tried to copy this Table of Contents from "UMBRELLA OF SUSPICION"
    The text is faint, but you will have an idea of how he set his book up.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  7. Elle

Elle Member

It is just difficult to be 100% perfect all of the time, I'm thinking! :)

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Hi jeeps and welcome.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Welcome, and I applaud you for taking this case on as a project for forensic analysis! Maybe we will learn something new that has been hidden or overlooked! Best of luck and see you around!

10. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee,

It also makes life a lot easier if the title of the book is also posted by the poster! So maybe Jeeps will put in the title the next time. :)

11. Jeeps

Jeeps Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Since I've been lurking around this forum for years, I can see it's quite a tight knight group, I'm glad I can join in on the discussion and hopefully contribute.

Indeed, Cherokee is right, I was referring to Taylor's book; I apologize for the apparent confusion, I'll be mindful of clarity issues in the future. I've got Kolar's book and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. When I get it back from my mother, I'll be continuing my second run.

When I'm finished writing my paper, I'd love to share it here. I'll probably post it the first or second week of December to get some feedback. I know there are quite a few of you on here who are extremely well-versed in the facts of the case. I'll definitely grab this book [Taylor's], I like to gobble up pretty much everything on the case except for the Ramsey rags - although I'm sure they're a good laugh. Just can't bring myself to pay money for 'em even though I'm sure they're on Amazon for a penny plus shipping. They would probably be useful for pointing out their deception and lies, though.

[A little background on me in case anyone was interested - I'm 25 y/o, graduating in the spring of 2013 with a B.A. in Liberal Studies from Rutgers University, Camden Campus with a concentration on Political Science (initial goal was to attend law school, but I'm rethinking it and may go into business for myself providing web content/SEO services). I'm currently employed by a domain name law firm-cum-web development firm - Esqwire.com. I'm a content/copy writer and SEO/marketing assistant working on projects like FreeDownload.com and MD.com (massive project, in development as I type); my biggest hobby is following Liverpool Football Club of England, in the English Premier League. Just felt right to give a little bio - the internet can be a strange place at times.]

Oh, and thanks for the great stuff with regard to the Kolar interview. You all had very interesting questions and it made for a great podcast.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  12. Jeeps

Jeeps Member

I've also struggled with the question on whether or not John knew of it the whole time, or became involved later down the line - I'm in the exact same boat. IMO, the stuff in the RN about "Don't try to grow a brain John" suggests to me that he wasn't aware of what was going on as a thinly veiled threat from Patsy to him ("I've already made the decision John, we've gotta run with it now"). Also, I think John wasn't involved in the crafting of the note due to it's insane length and ridiculous nature. I just can't bring myself to believe that John, the type of cunning businessman he is [was?], would have let that thing ramble as long as it did. I'm going to have to mull this over a bit as it's late and I'm kinda tired, but I know I've got more supporting evidence/clues for the theses on each side. What does everyone else think with regard to this?

13. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I resemble that remark :rs:

14. Elle

Elle Member

Hello young one! I think you may well be the youngest poster here, Jeeps. I wish you all the best with your university studies. I think you would make a good lawyer. I agree with what you're saying here about John not assisting with the ransom note. I too felt he would never have condoned the war and peace ransom note. He was too level headed! It is amazing how Patsy got away with it! (?).

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ha ha, that's one of my favorite Archie Bunker quotes!

And Moab, you are so busted! :rolling:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice