In-Depth Discussion of Kolar's Book "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jul 20, 2012.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The train is a toy. The tracks are part of the system which is, in its entirety, a toy, a minature version of an actual train, which children often play with.

Perhaps you're relating to these trains as hobby or miniature replicas. In point of fact, some adults do construct them as hobbies, with great detail.

But they initially were sold as toys. I've actually had one myself at one point or other in life.

The track is sold in sections or pieces, in different lengths. You can get various sizes and shapes, to create curves or straight lines. The "prongs" you see are inserted, female into male endings, to hold them together. The electricity runs through them to move the toy train.

They are electric, by the way, and you can see the electric box which runs the train in Burke's "train room" in a picture I think I've already posted, on the floor and/or table? This was a screen capture from the basement crime scene videos LE took on Dec. 26th at night.

I hope this helps.

2. koldkase

3. heymom

heymom Member

As they say in France, when you go to jail, I will bring you oranges.

:bateye::rolling:

4. heymom

heymom Member

How would the ends of the train tracks be poked into her body so as to leave those round holes? If she had been laying on the train track, we'd have seen the marks of the track itself, correct? Was she actually stuck with the ends of the train tracks?? Geez.

5. koldkase

In his book, Kolar also includes a photo of an officer with whom he works who pressed the prongs of the same model track into her hand; Kolar describes "a twisting and jabbing motion" as how those were inflicted. The marks appear to be very similar to those found on JB's body, IMO. In fact, I'd call them a match.

6. koldkase

Oh, that would be nice.

Don't forget the cake with file. :cake:

7. heymom

heymom Member

So the end of the track WAS jabbed into JonBenet...That brings a whole new dimension into this case...And not a nice one. :no:

8. rashomon

rashomon Member

I got Kolar's book by mail yesterday and have not yet started to go through it in detail; but a short overview alone already suggests that it contains crucial info undisclosed to the public so far.

The autopsy report also lists craniocerebral trauma:
    There has been, in the past, some debate regarding the time span between the head injury and the TOD. IDIs have often denied that it took that long (for a sexual predator (or 'foreign faction') in the Ramsey home who waited for an hour after delivering the head blow before asphyxiating the victim does not support an IDI theory).

Another passage in the book indicates clearly that:
    The head injury came first.
    At least one hour elapsed between the head injury and the development of cerebral edema:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  9. rashomon

rashomon Member

J. Kolar, "Foreign Faction", p. 64:
    I was asked on Topix where it says that in the autopsy.

Valid question imo. But a complete autopsy file consists of many more pages than the 9-page report accessible via the net.
    Kolar therefore may have gotten the info from the larger file.
    It is strange though that the short report doesn't make any mention of this crucial piece of information.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  10. Karen

Karen Member

Back when the autopsy report was made public I said, this is it? I have always felt there was more to it than what the public was allowed to see. Now I'm sure of it.

11. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, although Chief Kolar has given us a few more facts about the case, and lots of behind-the-scenes info. about the investigation and the DA's office, still - there's a lot we will never know. What I would give to get my hands on all those files! Ah, well, then again, it might end up souring me on the .005% of humanity I feel I can still trust...

12. Elle

Elle Member

Sorry, I am just interested in the two marks KK from part of the train track. How does Kolar think they were embedded in her skin? The marks which Lou Smit thought were made by a stun gun?

13. heymom

heymom Member

He never does say, Elle. But if the ends of the track are the perfect distance apart, a 1 to 1 match, then it would argue that the ends of the track were poked or stabbed into JonBenet's back and neck at some point during the night. I wonder if the person who hit her on the head tried to get her to respond to pain by poking the ends of the train track into her back. I can't imagine JonBenet allowing something sharp to be stuck into her back and neck without making noise, can you? So that is why I suspect it was done after she had collapsed and was unconscious. This is conjecture on my part.

14. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

John's shirt fibers in JonBenet's underwear?

Did I miss this in Kolar's book? I can't find it. Does he mention those fibers from John's black wool shirt that were supposedly found on JonBenet's size 12 underwear (which JR was asked about in the August 2000 interviews)?

15. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Timing of the acute vaginal injury

So I'm trying to figure out how close to JBR's time of death the acute vaginal injury was inflicted.

From Kolar's book:

"[Dr. Meyer] observed that there was fresh trauma located at the 7:00 o'clock position at the hymeneal opening. The area was inflamed and had been bleeding, and it appeared to Dr. Meyer that a foreign object had been inserted into JonBenet's genitalia at or near the time of her death." pp. 57-58

And Dr. Spitz's opinion: "Inflicted perimortem with her death, was the insertion of the paintbrush handle into JonBenet's vaginal orifice. The presence of inflammation and blood in the vaginal vault indicated that she was still alive when this assault took place, but it was believed that this took place at or very near the actual time of her death." pp. 65-66

"At or near the time of her death"... how near? Inflammation means there had to have been at least a little time between the injury and death, doesn't it? WHY was it "believed" that it happened around the time of death (versus, say, an hour or so before)?

If someone has already done a medical analysis, can you pretty please point me to it? Thanks :)

16. Elle

Elle Member

I did see a photograph of the train track against these marks, heymom, and they were a pretty good match. Maybe she was being poked to see if she was still alive by brother Burke (?). Something I could see a ten year old doing if he was in the habit of pestering her at every opportunity, although this one had gotten out of hand. Yes, I agree, she had to be unconscious!

17. Karen

Karen Member

That's a point I'm extremely interested in getting an answer to too Britt.

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who thinks Burke may have purposely molested and killed his sister.

18. koldkase

Kolar does say that his officer who did the demonstration for the pictures poked and jabbed the ends of the track into her hand, maybe with a twisting motion?

Let me see if I can find it again.

See if this helps you, Elle:

Foreign Faction; pages 285-6

19. koldkase

No, it's something to consider.

I just haven't figured out how to determine this.

DeeDee has some good info about the nature of the "watery" blood which she is better at explaining. It has something to do with the capillaries bursting or leaking after decomp starts after death...or maybe not.

Hopefully she'll show up and she can whip it out for you verbatim, cause she's got that kind of skill. :bowdown:

20. koldkase

I don't remember any mention of it.

Put it on your list of questions to ask, just in case we get to have a Q&A with Kolar.

My list is pretty long, and I guess I won't get to ask all of them. :nono:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice