John Ramsey's New Book - The Other Side of Suffering

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 18, 2012.

1. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Oh my that blond with the pink PJ's is scary looking. Do these dolls come in sizes too. It seems like the little one in a red coat is smaller. I had never heard of this type doll until JBR and her twinn came along. I thought it was a life sized doll as well as a look alike. In any event they just aren't the prettiest of dolls are they?

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

They ALL scare the crap out of me! Thanks for posting these Why Nut. I can understand JonBenet not being thrilled if hers looked anything remotely like these.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:coffeeup: Ready when you are :lick:

4. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

Hi Karen. I would love to hear the inconsistencies in the book. I haven't read it yet and I don't intend on paying for it so until my library gets it and I can read it for myself, I appreciate hearing what you all think of it.
    It seems to me that the events of the day that my daughter was murdered would be seared in my memory.
    No doubt about it. The book is self-serving crap.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee. You could be the one to write a book and set the record straight with all you're saying here. Powerful! words! Would it not be possible for all of you to get together and write one powerful truthful book?

6. Elle

Elle Member

Seeing WhyNut's photos of these dolls also gives me the creeps DeeDee. I would never give any little girl a gift of one of those creepy dolls.

Thank you for posting these photos WhyNut and keeping us informed.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

They are all about 23 inches tall, a bit larger than the American Girl dolls. I don't know if they are being made by the original company, but they were never life size and none was ever as large as the 36-inch Patty Play Pal doll (remember her?)
    The American Girl Dolls are made by the Pleasant Company, the same as when JB got hers. The My Twinn dolls are sold through their own website here:
    http://www.mytwinn.com
    The American Girls offer historical dolls which are not customizable, and offer a line of what they call modern dolls or "Today's Girl" dolls that are customized with hair, eye and skin tone options.

There is a photo gallery, where you can see some little girls with their dolls. There is actually a doll there, with its owner both in what looks like a pink pageant dress, but it is really a Disney-Princess style dress that comes in both doll and child sizes. The dolls look much creepier in their boxes. The American Girl dolls can be customized very well also, but have similar faces with just a few options. The AG dolls offer tons of hair options and the full range of eye color, so they can be very similar to a MyTwinn, and less expensive. The MyTwinn dolls used to be made exclusively from a photo you would send, but now I think you just customize the doll online and send in a photo also. The dolls come in an outfit called a "Meet" outfit (I guess you "meet" her in it). I don't know whether Patsy had the dress custom made to match one of JB's own dresses. They don't seem to offer that option now. Features like freckles and moles are hand painted for an additional cost. MyTwinn also offers a BFF (best friends forever) doll that offers hair and eye options but is not made from a photo. They also offer a baby doll similar to the Bitty Baby American Gril.
    There was a time, when my daughter was in high school, that I though about making a MyTwinn of her the way she looked as a little girl. After looking at the dolls I decided they were too creepy and to me, some of them look like a dead child. Like the "Reborns" baby dolls. REALLY creepy, because the vinyl has the waxy look of death.
    I think that Patsy's comment about thinking of JB in her coffin when she saw the MyTwinn doll was something that she thought AFTER JB was killed, not a "premonition". Rushing about the house in the aftermath of the murder, I can picture Patsy glancing at that doll still in its box and thinking exactly that.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks DeeDee for all of that about dolls. I am familiar with the American Girl dolls. But I was never really a doll kind of girl. I got a bride doll one Christmas but it was just an ordinary kind of doll dressed up as a bride. It was during WWII and lace was hard to get. My Mom looked everywhere and finally found a little scrap of lace for her veil. It wasn't so much a beautiful doll as much loved and to this day cherished.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I LOVED dolls. I was born in 1949, and there were some wonderful dolls in the 50s. Ginny, Ginnette, Jill, Barbie, Miss Revlon. I had them all. My mother was blind her whole life, and I always felt she indulged my love of dolls because she felt bad about not being able to read to me or play games, etc. I was an only child, so my dolls were my playmates. I had that life-size Patty Play Pal, too. Dolls and paper dolls were my world when I was a kid, and I got that first-issue #1 Barbie for my 10th birthday in 1959, the year she came out. I kept my dolls in beautiful condition, and if I still had that Barbie with her box, sunglasses, earrings and swimsuit, she'd be worth ten GRAND.
    Oh well...
    After I married my mom accidentally threw out a box that had my dolls and doll clothes. :cry:
    This is OT, I know, but a funny story. In 2001, my husband bought a motor scooter and hid it from me under a tarp in the garage of our beach house. I found it months later when we went to the house that Spring to open it up for the season. He had bought it that past Christmas, rented a van to pick it up (they can't be driven on a highway), drove it 2 hours to the shore house, hid it in the garage, returned the van, came home that night and when I asked him "Hi Honey, how was your day?" he neglected to mention it. When I asked him why, he said that he could listen to me bit*h for a weekend or 6 months, so he chose the weekend.
    That night, I joined eBay, and bought ALL the dolls my mother threw out. Barbie, Ginny, Ken, Skipper- their clothes too. TONS of dolls. Then I hid them in plastic storage bins under the bed in my daughter's old room. I told her that if I died first not to let Dad throw out the dolls because they were valuable.
    When I moved from that house years later I sold them all on eBay, where I had gotten them. At that point, my need for vengeance had passed, LOL, and I really didn't display them or dress them up or anything and they really weren't the kind of dolls to let a grandchild play with. I was over it by then.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Geez DeeDee you have had a real doll's life. [​IMG] I would rather have had the scooter your husband hid under the bed.

As a young girl in Scotland, I did have a few dolls. One beautiful doll I remember had long dark lashes and dark blue eyes, but the doll I had the most fun with was the one I made myself when I was a bit older when I found out how to sew. My older sister gave me an old grey sweater to cut up. It was a lovely soft doll to cuddle. Of course WWII started when I was 10 and life changed for everyone. This was the doll I took to the air raid shelter. [​IMG]

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

LOL! He hid the scooter in the garage, not under the bed. It is the size of a small motorcycle, so would never have fit there. It was my DOLLS that I hid under the bed. By the way, I have that scooter up for sale on Craig's List, unbeknownst to him.....

12. cynic

cynic Member

13. cynic

cynic Member

The lizard will be out of his cage this week…

March 9, 2012—John Ramsey, father of murder victim JonBenet Ramsey, will release his new book next week while on a full media tour with ABC. The Other Side of Suffering, by John Ramsey with Marie Chapian (FaithWords/Hachette Book Group 2012) will be featured on several programs on the ABC network, including Good Morning America, The View, Nightline, GMA Weekend, in addition to an ABC Radio Network tour. Ramsey will also be a guest on Anderson Cooper’s new daytime show Anderson, CBS This Morning, CNN’s Starting Point and the weekend FOXNEWS program Huckabee.
    http://www.alivecommunications.com/2012/03/john-ramsey-on-abc/

Good Morning America:
    WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14, 2012
    Katie Couric discusses the importance of colon cancer prevention; author and nutritionist Heather Bauer (Bread is the Devil); Jon Benet’s father, John Ramsey, on his new book, The Other Side of Suffering.
    http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/03/next...ca-march-12-16-katie-couric-tiger-woods-more/

The View:
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012
    The legendary Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog are here! Plus: Author John Ramsey, and Rita Rudner in "Joy's Comedy Corner".
    http://theview.abc.go.com/schedule

Anderson Cooper:
    Friday, March 16, 2012
    Fifteen years after her death, John Ramsey, father of murdered child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, joins Anderson to discuss what he thinks happened to his daughter, how he’s coped with losing his wife to ovarian cancer, and how he has found love again.
    In a candid and emotional interview, John talks openly about the fateful night that JonBenet was killed, the media circus that followed, and what he’s doing to keep his daughter’s memory alive
    http://www.andersoncooper.com/episo...after-daughter-jonbenets-death/#ixzz1oqQWip9Y

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Which is more make-believe? Kermit and Miss Piggy or "suffering JR" and his work of fiction?

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

This is sickening and infuriating!

Does anyone here have the time to draw up a set of talking points and send it to Good Morning America, The View, Nightline, GMA Weekend, Anderson Cooper, CBS This Morning, CNN’s Starting Point and the weekend FOXNEWS program Huckabee? Just for once I'd like for the talking heads to see the truth instead of Ramsey spin and spew. Perhaps it could be a turning point in the Ramsey love fest and lead to some hosts not being as sickingly sycophantic!

I wish I could help but I've had a child in the ER three times in less than 24 hours (and is still sick) so I don't have any extra time right now to work on this type of project.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Just to straighten something out, DeeDee. A scooter to me is the kind you put one foot on the road, the other on the scooting board; hold the handle bars tight; move the foot on the road as fast as you can, then place it beside the other one on the board and scoot away. :) Manpower! This one could fit under the bed. [​IMG] So you're selling it now? What a shame! Sounds like you had an exciting life!

17. Elle

Elle Member

It seems you and I were in the same boat zm during WWII. Truthfully I was happy with this one doll with the beautiful eyes. I was more into playing with my brother's Dinky toy cars. How nice you still have your doll. Don't know where mine went(?).

Now back to the JB case! One gets carried :eek:fftopic:now-n-then. No harm done![​IMG]

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This was a motor scooter. It is like a Vespa. Common in Europe, they are like motorcycles with smaller, around 50cc, engines. It goes about 45 miles an hour.

19. cynic

cynic Member

While drawing up some talking points might be a cathartic exercise, I’m pretty sure that this has all been hand-picked to continue the love fest and the interviews will be confined to screened questions and topics.
    Barbara Walters may hit him with a tough question like: If you didn’t have your faith do you think you could have survived the suffering?
    Follow-up question: Do you consider yourself to be an American hero?

If he was a real man he would go on the following shows:
    Websleuths Radio
    Caplis and Silverman
    Peter Boyles
    That is pure fantasy, though, and continuing with the fantasy, here are a few questions that should be asked that came quickly to mind:

Are you aware that the current Boulder DA, Stan Garnett, has publicly stated that Mary Lacy’s exoneration of you and your family has no legal standing with him?
    You obviously believe that one or more intruders were involved in the death of JonBenet, can you tell us in detail what you have been doing during the last 15 years to find justice for JonBenet? You did say the following in 1997:
    REPORTER: What do you want to say to the killer of your daughter?
    JOHN RAMSEY: We'll find you. We will find you. I have that as a sole mission for the rest of my life.
    REPORTER: Mrs. Ramsey?
    PATSY RAMSEY: Likewise.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/05011997ramseymediainterview.htm
    Why did your son, Burke, refuse to speak to Boulder investigators recently?
    The 15th anniversary of JonBenet’s death was a few months ago, it appears you did nothing publically to draw attention to that fact, why, and how do you justify that considering the publicity you are presently seeking for your book?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  20. Elle

Elle Member

Sorry to hear you have a sick child on your hands, Cherokee. Sincerely hope all will go well. Is it some sickness which is spreading around?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice