McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Elle, are you finding it difficult to repond to me directly? Please don't - it reminds me of Candy. We're all adults here.

The article you quoted tells of Gordon Brown's support for the McCanns in dealing with the diplomatic and foreign/legal issues of the case. This is perfectly standard protocol, in such a high profile case! There's been no secret about it.

However, you stated that he was a close friend and that this "came in handy" for the McCanns. I'd like to know where that came from.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Quite frankly Jay, ever since you insulted Paulo Reis on this thread, I thought it would be better not to post with you at all. You suggested I may have taken it personally, but by the same token, I think it was you who took it personally because you had done exactly the same thing as the McCanns with your children - checked up on them in a similar fashion while on holiday; something like that. You even posted you should be horse whipped, and then you stopped posting in the Maddie thread until I started posting Paulo's articles which many posters enjoyed. They were reading just an opinion of a journalist.

One would almost have thought you were related to the McCanns with the depth of feelings you were displaying for them.

You even posted that you had let the McCann case get to you. I do not want an argument with you.

I will say this much, I was very sorry to lose your friendship because I liked you very much because you were from Scotland, and we shared many laughs together, but it can't be fun for the other posters coming across personal arguments like this.

3. Jayelles

I've been asked about the recent documentary about the McCanns. This is what they are putting a lot of their energy into:-

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=29082

4. Jayelles

Well now we know! I am sorry if my outrage at tabloid garbage has offended anyone.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you kindly, Little for your post. I have no intention in arguing with Jayelles on this thread.

6. Jayelles

But do you have any intention of providing sources for your comments which place the parents in a less than positive light?

7. Elle

Elle Member

Jay,

A less than positive light for WHAT - Their innocence? I think the McCanns are innocent. I do not think the McCanns had anything to do with the death of their little girl Maddie. I do think their little girl was kidnapped. I have never posted anything to suggest anything else.

The only sin the McCanns are guilty of is leaving their children alone.

END OF STORY

8. Jayelles

Rashie

Here is a timeline. My recollections weren't far out, but this has more details and it's nice to have it from a solid source:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3705440.ece

Edited to add: Portugal is one hour ahaed of us in the summer - this will account for the family camera clock being out by one hour.

9. Jayelles

Are you going to provide a source or not?

10. Jayelles

I'll take that as a no then Elle. Nuff said.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Articles like the following are in many newspapers. Gawd, take your pick Little, which one would you choose as a source? I already posted this here this afternoon.

12. Jayelles

You have NOT posted your source for Gordon Brown being a "close FRIEND" of the family - something which you say came in "handy".

Articles which give account of Gordon Brown's professional involvement as a cabinet minister do not substantiate claims that he was a "close friend".

13. Jayelles

At the end of the day, this is just one of many examples of the misinformation which has been perpetuated on discussion forums. There were rampant threads at the Mirror forum which claimed that the McCanns had friends in high places which were involved in some supposed cover-up. Eagle claimed that Gerry McCann was a "Government" doctor with the implication being that he had friends in high places as a result. She harped on and on about this despite being told that Gerry is a simple NHS doctor. The Government runs the NHS in the same way as they run the schools. For that matter, I am a "Government" teacher and the guy next door could be a "Government" technician since he works for the local council.

I have no objection to people voicing their opinions but I really do object to the perpetuation of false and misleading information which has its roots in sleazy tabloids and their even sleazier forums - especially when it unnecesarily hurts people who are already at the lowest point in their lives.

14. Little

Little Member

Thank you Elle. That's good enough for me. I know you to be an honorable person and would have bet my Jeep that you didn't intend to be misleading. I suppose it's all depending on the frame of mind how one interpreted your post.

As far as I'm concerned I'm off this particular topic and would like to see this get back to discussion about a very complicated, and possibly forever to be, unsolved case. I don't have a lot of trouble recognizing gossip from gospel, even if I sometimes have questions about which is which. It's the old "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince" type thing :)

Little

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Little. I certainly have never been accused of misleading anyone before, but there is always a first time for everything.

16. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I think it would have been next to impossible for the McCanns to have killed Maddie and disposed of the body in that narrow time frame, WITH NO TRACE OF HER FOUND LATER.

I believe, as someone has suggested and I posted earlier, that the kidnappers knew the McCanns evening ritual, and they used that schedule to their advantage. They waited until they saw Gerry McCann leave after his last check at 9:05 p.m. As soon as he was out of sight, they entered the apartment and took Maddie. I also believe there was an accomplice (with a car waiting nearby) to whisk them out of the area.

I think the kidnappers knew it would be too much trouble to take all three children, and it would be harder to deal with babies than an almost four-year-old girl. I also believe Maddie was noticed for being blonde and pretty, and that she was taken for purposes of pedophilia, not ransom.

All of the speculation about the McCanns is just that. Speculation. There has been no hard evidence, and the McCanns have been prevented from speaking out in their defense.

Yes, the McCanns shouldn't have left the children alone, but the continued bashing of them, and baseless accusations of their involvement in Maddie's death does nothing but cause heartache and further more gossip. What good does it do when there is no real news on the McCann case to repeat over and over innuendos and unsourced suppositions? It doesn't solve the case, and it doesn't bring Maddie home if she's still alive.

I believe the good posters of this forum can agree to disagree about certain subjects, and that's what we may have to do in this case. If there are facts to provide, that's excellent. If there are opinions on those facts, that fine. But the continued stirring of the tab and rumor pot against the parents only serves to keep the focus off of the true objective - to solve the case and hopefully, bring Maddie home.

Discussion of evidence is good. The rehashing of unsourced claims only leads to frustration and anger. I know everyone here has been saddened by the tragedy of Maddie McCann's disappearance and possible death. Let's try to give each other the benefit of the doubt and realize that when children are involved, emotions can run deep.

17. Little

Little Member

Fair enough Cherokee, and for the final record, I don't think they killed Madeleine either.

I do have some questions though.

If there is a link to the story where's the problem? Is it the wording in the story, and if so, who is the judge of whether something is permitted to be discussed or not? Discussing it is not the same as claiming it as fact. It's simply putting information out there and giving people credit for being smart enough to know trash when they see it.

Who here is going to determine what may or may not be discussed? Is there a vetting process?

Do we need to ask whether or not a story meets a certain guideline? Can they be only pro McCann stories?

Actually, not a problem for me any more, but just in case some of your newer posters want to discuss this case it might be good if they knew whether or not they were stepping on anyone's toes and if they have to walk along a certain party line.

Personally, I'll never give up hope that Madeleine will be brought back home to her family. Whether or not I post about it, in the end, won't have any bearning on it.

Little

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  18. Jayelles

Little and Elle

All you had to say was that you were mistaken. I think you know the difference here between a close friend and a politician supporting people embroiled in a diplomatic matter and I suspect you also understand why your comment was misleading even if you aren't prepared to admit it.

19. Jayelles

Hear hear.

20. Jayelles

No-one is objecting to the truth being posted and the only "party line" being requested is that we stick to facts and refrain from perpetuating hurtful tabloid gossip.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice