Lacy officially "clears" Ramseys

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

If the DNA "someday" matches someone "in CODIS," it will have to be someone who knew the Ramseys well-enough to write the infamous, stupid "ransom note" - IOW, not some wierdo like Karr.

As always, BobC is right-on!!

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks, heymom.

I did some googling and it looks like Old Lizard Lips couldn't prove Michigan residency to get on the ballot. I don't know what Lacy's motivation can be in pushing her propaganda piece, but money is always a great motivator.

[​IMG]

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

WTF???????

Ok, I am out of retirement.

Working on a rebuttle now. Standby. We will get the truth out don't worry.

Tricia

4. Karen

Karen Member

Mark Beckner started the famous umbrella quote.

5. Karen

Karen Member

where have you beeeen? We needed you!!!

"could you fix this for us?"

6. Tricia

brillant.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Besides that, Kevin Elsenheimer decided at the last minute to run for re-election, and John knew he couldn't beat him. Elsenheimer has done too good of a job and is too well like for Lizard Lips to even stand a chance an unseating him.

But make no mistake about it, this was Lacy's parting gift to the Ramseys. She was going to clear them come hell or high water before she left office, even if she had to invent an intruder or screw with DNA she doesn't understand.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

One more question - why is there none of this male DNA on anything else the intruder supposedly touched? Were they wearing gloves? If so, why weren't they wearing the gloves when they allegedly left less than microscopic bits of DNA on the panties and longjohns.

I honestly don't know how Mary Lacy passed the bar exam. She is so bereft of intelligence, logic and critical thinking skills, and so obsessed with clearing the Ramseys, it's pathetic. Anyone with a brain in their head, including Dr. Michael Baden, can see the holes in Lacy's clearing of the Ramseys. The unfortunate truth is the media doesn't ask questions, it only repeats the garbage it hears.

I hope every DNA expert out there goes on TV and makes hash out of Lacy's premature and idiotic conclusions.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Right Cherokee

Jonebenet was MANUALLY STRANGLED and put up a horrific fight--and they have to use space age technology to scrape DNA fragments off leggings? Why is there no DNA evidence collected off the body where it would most certainly be. This is absolute bullchit.

Why_nut says it exactly right.

If Lacy is that frikkin stupid--well wait--she is.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

If it is true, then it is certainly the most compelling evidence of an intruder so far. Pity it has come from Mary Lacy who made such a c*ck up of the Karr sideshow and who has not presented a professional detachment from the case.

I have to compare the Ramsey and McCann cases here. When Madeleine went missing, the McCanns received support and assistance from Gordon Brown and others, but when they were made arguidos, Brown and the others ceased to have any direct contact with the McCanns which I think is the professional thing to do (despite any personal opinions or feelings they may have). Mary Lacy has very much presented a pro-Ramsey stance from day one - even going to Patsy's funeral at her own expense. I do think this was unprofessional given her position.

However, it's a development and one which would suggest an ability to take the case forward still. Forensics are advancing all the time. We've already seen cold cases being solved because a relative of a perp has their DNA entered into the database. Can they determine physical characteristics from DNA? Maybe the day wll come when we can obtain a photofit from a DNA profile.

Surely they have more markers now? I shall await developments with interest.

(I do take the point about touch DNA being on the garotte/pen if the perp wasn't wearing gloves.)

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Beckner's Statement

“The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The Boulder Police Department concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The police department has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet. We remain committed to bringing JonBenet's killer to justice. That is, and always will be, our goal.

"The investigation of this case has been under the direction of the DA's office for a number of years now and it would be inappropriate for us to discuss the details of this case publicly. We will, of course, continue to assist the DA's office in any way that we can, and we are hopeful that this new development will lead to the identification and successful prosecution of this child's killer.

"We will be issuing no further statements at this time.”

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/200...lears-ramsey-family-jonbenets-death/#comments

12. Elle

Elle Member

There appears to be two threads here talking about the same subject. Why_Nut, I hope there is no objection to my posting this here (?).
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
    From the Boulder's DA Office Source: http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...brutal-murder/

As part of its investigation of the JonBenet Ramsey homicide, the Boulder Police identified genetic material with apparent evidentiary value. Over time, the police continued to investigate DNA, including taking advantage of advances in the science and methodology. One of the results of their efforts was that they identified genetic material and a DNA profile from drops of JonBenet’s blood located in the crotch of the underwear she was wearing at the time her body was discovered. That genetic profile belongs to a male and does not belong to anyone in the Ramsey family.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    They may have identified genetic material and a DNA profile from drops of JonBenet’s blood located in the crotch of the underwear she was wearing at the time her body was discovered, and they may also claim it didn't belong to anyone in the Ramsey family, and they may claim there is a man in the moon, but hypothetically that unidentified DNA could have been placed there by Patsy and John Ramsey, to further hoodwink the Boulder Law enforcement. This was the name of the game that Christmas night. Hoodwink the Boulder LE and the public.

They were up the whole night planning and scheming, and I for one wouldn't have put it past them to have obtained the DNA from the first handy street derelict they could find during the night, and these Street people are always available. Everything else was planned from the War and Peace ransom note, to the wiping of the flaslhight on the kitchen counter; why not the unknown DNA. Patsy Ramsey was a pro at creating
    a speech overnight which won the talent competition in a Beauty Pageant, and she was capable of pulling the wool over the Law Enforcement's eyes.

They pulled off the Crime of the Century by tying everyone in knots, not only with the fake garrote, but with almost everything else related to this case. Don't you think they both deserve a plaque erected to the two most fabulous crime schemers in the world? I think this DNA collection from a derelict would have come very easily to the master of the plan, Patsy Ramsey.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">http://listverse.com/miscellaneous/t...perfect-crime/

Every year in virtually every country, crimes go unsolved - and sometimes undetected. When someone commits a crime of this type it is called a perfect crime. This is a list of ten tips to perpetrating the perfect crime. I am sure it doesn’t need to be said, this is not meant as a reference for criminals, but rather as an entertaining look at crime and detection.
    1. DNA
    [​IMG]
    DNA is the surest way to prove you committed a crime. It is absolute imperative that you do not leave ANY DNA behind you and that is very difficult. The best solution to this is to commit your crime in a place that is likely to have a lot of DNA from strangers. For example, a park, a mall, anywhere that a lot of people tend to gather. Finding your DNA will be like finding a needle in a haystack
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. Tricia

Guys, here is a rough draft of my press release. I used some of the great points you all brought up.

For Immediate Release July 9th 2008

HERE WE GO AGAIN. BOULDER D.A. MARY LACY MAKES A FOOL OF HERSELF IN THE RAMSEY CASE.
    You would think Lacy would have learned something from her John Mark Karr fiasco​

Today, true justice for 6 year old murder victim JonBenet Ramsey has been thwarted by the very person elected by the people to protect her.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy has given the Ramseys a parting gift as she leaves office; she has cleared them of having any connection to the murder of JonBenet.

Lacy "cleared" the Ramseys based on new DNA evidence called "Touch DNA."
    Touch DNA is exactly that. A test so sensitive that it can pick up a few microscopic skin cells left behind by someone touching an object.

Lacy claims there is unknown DNA on the long-johns and underwear JonBenet was wearing when she died, therefore (and only Mary Lacy could make this leap) the Ramseys are innocent.

Forums for Justice.org would like to remind Mary Lacy of what she said two years ago,

""The [Ramsey case] DNA could be an artifact. It isn’t necessarily the killer’s." - Boulder DA Mary Lacy, 8/28/06

"You know, no one is really cleared of a homicide until there's a conviction, in court beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don't think you will get any prosecutor...unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime...to clear someone." - Boulder DA Mary Lacy, 8/28/06

Mary Lacy just did what she said she could not do...clear someone.

If this Touch DNA belongs to the "real killer" why isn't it all over the following items: ligature, paintbrush handle, tape, the white blanket, JonBenet's shirt, the flashlight, the spoon, and the bow of pineapple the "real killer" fed JonBenet before he wrote the ransom note and killed her.

MARY LACEY PLEASE SHOW US THE SAME DNA YOU FOUND ON THE LONG-JOHNS AND UNDERWEAR ON THE OTHER ITEMS USED IN THE MURDER. DID THE "REAL KILLER" TAKE OF HER GLOVES WHEN SHE LEFT A COUPLE OF SKIN CELLS ON THE PANTS THEN PUT THEM BACK ON AS TO NOT LEAVE ANY MORE DNA?

Patsy Ramsey stated she put the long-johns on JonBenet. Her DNA must be on the long-johns too. So why isn't she mentioned?

Lacy claims the DNA on the long-johns match DNA on the underwear. It would be nice if Lacy could make the very logical conclusion that there was transference of a few skin cells since the long-johns WERE PULLED OVER THE UNDERWEAR.

The DNA is not even a full complete sample. Has that changed?

Forums for Justice.org would like to ask Mary Lacy one final question; WHAT ABOUT THE 2 1/2 PAGE RANSOM NOTE. The note has been matched to Patsy Ramsey's handwriting by several well respected handwriting analysts.

Remember Mary Lacy was sure she had the killer in 2006. John Mark Karr was another red herring offered by Mary Lacy. As citizens interested in justice we must question everything Mary Lacy tells us. She can't be trusted as she has proven time and time again.

There are hundreds of other examples of common sense observations in the JonBenet Ramsey case that escape those in the Boulder DA's office.

Mary Lacy's world of Ramsey common sense does not exist.

Tricia Griffith
    Forums for Justice.org
    tgrif@xmission.com

PS. It will be interesting to see where Mary Lacy ends up in the private sector.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

A friend called me at home

to ask if I had heard the news. What news I asked. Why...the Ramseys have been cleared by DNA. My first thought was WTF??? But then I signed on to read what you all have said. And I see that may of you have said it all. Like some of you, I want to know of that chain of custody and where the articles of clothing have been kept all these years. What other articles have been tested for this touch DNA? Once that is done the list should be interesting as to whose TOUCH DNA is all over those items that were used in staging this crime. So many good points from all of you.

Tricia, good press release!

15. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hi Elle

Your scenario is certainly possible but I think that I have a more likely one if indeed foreign DNA not belonging to family members was found in the crotch of Jon Benet's panties...

I think the most likely explanation is DNA contamination of the panties at the time of manufacture which then co-mingled with Jon Benet's blood at the time she bled out into her underwear after being molested with the paintbrush. Or even from DNA on the paint brush that co-mingled with her blood cells when when she was being assaulted...

Now I am no expert, but if we can think of at least two or three possible scenarios for the presence of the foreign DNA why can't Mary Lacy? HHmmm guess sometimes money or the promise of a new position sometimes dull the o'le brain cells eh? :)

As for the "touch DNA" (new term?) found on the waist band of the leggins...Firstly have the authorities proven that they are a match for the foreign panty DNA?
    If not then of course, the same sort of manufacturing contamination is a virtual likelihood!

Where are the professionals in this case? I am among those who think this newest information from Boulder is outrageous and should be confronted by a Special Prosecutor. If this new DNA business is all they have, there is still no proof to clear the Ramseys and certainly a lot of clear and lasting evidence that points to the Ramsey guilt....The Boulder authorities and/or a Special Prosecuto need to take another look at the ransom note...then they can hardly make a public statement clearing the Ramsey!

Voyager

16. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

I agree Zoomama...

Excellent, concise press release Tricia! Is there a space on your document where V. can type in a "YES!"? :)

Voyager

17. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

My S-I-L's father (who worked in the FBI Labs in DC) told me years ago that the most "compelling evidence" in the JBR case is the "ransom note." IMHO, this is still true even with the finding of this "new scientific evidence."

18. Aurora

Aurora Member

Shadow

When I read the article on CNN...my first thought was jeez...that perp must write identical to Patsy! What a farce Lacy is trying to sell the public!!! Didn't Ramsey team say this was not a DNA case??? Of course ole Johnny boy is sucking it up. Finally cleared in the public eye...OR so he thinks!!!

19. Thor

Thor Active Member

Wendy Murphy is kicking azz on Nancy Grace. She said, OK Lacey, if you are clearing the Rams, there is nothing to gain by keeping all the evidence pointing towards them to yourself. Wendy Murphy says "let us see all the evidence, HairCurtains!!!!"

She says what about the moutain of evidence pointing towards the Ramseys?

I say, why are they forgetting Patsy's fibers all over that "garrotte"? Among a million other things. Look at John Mark Karr and Lacey. She did so well with that fiasco. Bullsmit.

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

In my email...

Hey River,

Boulder DA Mary Lacy has vindicated John and Patsy Ramsey in the murder case of their daughter, JonBenet, due to what she calls new DNA evidence in the case.

But Dan, Craig and Peter think differently. Their concensus: 'It's crap!'

Click here to listen to their discussion. http://www.khow.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=275127&article=3747424

KHOW.com Webmaster,
    Matthew Quane

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice