Lacy officially "clears" Ramseys

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Elle

Elle Member

No problem, I just wish Lockheed had stepped in and the FBI had been in charge KK. The Ramseys wouldn't have got off so lightly. I thought the FBI could take over any case they want, but I guess they can't. Rules and regulations in each state, or something like that (?). I'll print your post and read it at leisure, and if I get stuck I'll see if I can find an American Lawyer on the U.S. side of the river to come and help me. :)

2. Elle

Elle Member

I think JonBenét was either dead or close to death when she was redressed WY, therefore making it harder for Patsy or John to put the longjohns back on her again. I also feel the Ramseys would have been smart enough to have worn those doctor type gloves, therefore eliminating their DNA (?). Just a thought.

3. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

For Elli 1. Let me see if I can get this right…

Forget TV shows – they usually twist the truth for high drama. Local LE have jurisdiction in kidnappings that don’t cross state lines. The FBI can become involved in kidnappings automatically after 24 hours - it is assumed after this time that state lines have been crossed and it falls under federal jurisdiction. Usually, however, by this time local LE is knee-deep in the case. And, usually, the case is now under both the state and Federal jurisdictions.

While we might wish that the FBI had “taken over” the JBR investigation, I don’t believe the “24 hour window” had been passed before JBR was found. In addition, the Feds try to avoid turf battles whenever possible because they can be detrimental to the case and careers. I was told that the FBI assisted the Boulder LE and DA’s office up to the end of Grand Jury hearings and offered many suggestions which the LE listened to and the DA’s office ignored.

Finally, I was getting my information from my sources (and posting what I could) way back during the days of the JW Forum. Some of what I was told back then is subject to a 75 year old memory. One of my sources is deceased, one is now a lawyer, and one is with the DHS. I believe the FBI could have “taken over” the case in less than 24 hours if they deemed the “note” to be real – IOW, if they believed terrorist were threatening a defense contractor employee. Obviously they didn’t.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you very much Shadow for taking the time to give me this explicit information on this FBI situation. Much appreciated.

Elle

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

We look at this case today through they eyes of all the new CSI shows that are in TV- it makes solving these tough DNA crimes look so easy. When I watch them I wonder if the methods they show are really available today. 12 years ago, things were different, and the average person didn't think along those likes either. Wiping down a flashlight and batteries is one thing. But thinking about invisible skin cells and fiber evidence is something that I doubt the killer(s) would be considering at in 1996.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh, bullshirt, even his reasoning is flawed. While extreme heat can degrade DNA, sealing a plastic bag is quick and efficient. Even a dummy can figure out that plastic melts under intense heat. Any heat applied to a plastic bag holding anything would not touch the contents of the bag - only the top where the bag is sealed. And, as KK states, zip top bags are not heat sealed.

One doesn't need much knowledge about DNA to apply common sense to Elvis's theory, and common sense tells us that Elvis has no common sense.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I saw Bo Dietl on a show last week and he called it CSI Syndrome..........

8. heymom

heymom Member

Most of them are NOT available and may never be. It's television, not a documentary, but many people today cannot separate TV fiction and real life.

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Hahaha, well, have any of you ever watched the soap operas where they get nearly instant DNA results and just about all those results have been altered by someone who doesn't want someone else to know the real father of her baby. I crack up every time I happen by a soap opera on TV and they are talking about babies and DNA. Lawdie, I do believe the RST gets their DNA education from the soaps.

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I certainly think that is where :mame: gets hers!

:floor:

11. Elle

Elle Member

They make it all look so easy right enough Dee Dee. I think along the same lines as you as I'm watching these CSI actors with all the evidence on a table sorting it all out. Too bad we cannot see all of the Ramsey evidence examined on TV. This might be another Reality Show in the future - examining the real evidence and seeing the results on the spot (?).

12. Little

Little Member

When reckless decisions become urban legend

Just have to add my personal opinion here - Mr Hoyt really needs to put into practice what he's attempting to preach here. Mary Lacy took it completely upon herself to declare the Ramseys innocent - Mary Lacy and Mary Lacy alone. The "evidence" she is hiding behind does not and did not merit that action.

13. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

COuld someone briefly sum up what the connection is between Hatfil and Lin Wood/Ramsey. I've seen numerous references to it by Candy & jameson but it hasn't been covered on the news here.

14. Little

Little Member

Unknown man in Ramsey case missing

I missed this one.

Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/11/unknown-man-in-ramsey-case-missing/

15. Little

Little Member

Boulder DA exonerates Ramseys, then leaves office

I think I missed this one too?

Read entire article here: Source: http://www.speroforum.com/site/arti...der+DA+exonerates+Ramseys,+then+leaves+office

16. Elle

Elle Member

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Amen Elle...AMEN!

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for posting the articles, Little. IMO, the following excerpts deserve to be repeated in boldface.

http://www.speroforum.com/site/artic...+leaves+office

Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy. Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor. That at least is one explanation for the letter Lacy sent John Ramsey last week, absolving the Ramsey family of any involvement in the killing of his daughter, and apologizing for contributing "to the public perception that (anyone in the family) might have been involved."

The letter in effect declared the Ramseys innocent beyond a reasonable doubt. Under the circumstances, this is, to put it mildly, a bizarre conclusion.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-case-missing/

Meanwhile, some longtime followers of the case took issue with Mrs. Lacy's decision to clear the Ramsey family.

"I would be very skeptical from a scientific point of view. This doesn't make sense to exonerate anybody," said Dr. Michael Baden, a leading forensic scientist and host of the HBO documentary series "Autopsy," in an interview on KHOW-AM in Denver.

He said the DNA samples could have come from the clothing manufacturing process and could have been spread from one item to another. The DNA could have also come from medical or morgue personnel who were never tested.

Others accused Mrs. Lacy of trying to salvage her reputation after the John Mark Karr debacle. Two years ago, she flew in Mr. Karr from Thailand after he confessed to killing the 6-year-old girl. It was quickly determined he was not in Colorado at the time of the December 1996 murder.

"It's hard to have any confidence in Mary Lacy, especially after what happened with John Mark Karr," said co-host Craig Silverman, a former Denver prosecutor.

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I wrote this yesterday at topix and I decided it sums up my opinion on this "clearing" of the Ramseys forevermore, so I'm repeating it here and putting it on my signature:

Tell you what: when Mary Lacy is OFFICIALLY declared Judge and Jury by Letter Writing and Press Release, by LAW written and upheld by the CONGRESS, SUPREME COURT, AND POPE RAMSEY, then let me know and I'll be happy to CONFESS to THE CRIME OF HAVING A CRIMINAL OPINION that Mary Lacy has no ability to CLEAR anyone except in Ramseyland.

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Trust me, koldkase. When this new book comes out, she'll get hers and then some!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice