Calling Why_Nut

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hey Why_Nut please check your PM"s.

Thank you,
    Tricia

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Gaahhhh. See what comes of not checking PMs regularly? I bow my head in deepest regret.

For what it is worth (which is surely little, but anyway...), anyone would be hard-pressed to get me on a phone. Here is a little backstage peek into my household habits...my own MOTHER had to chide me to call my sister on Christmas day, because Sis and I exchange frequent emails, but she also likes it if I call her and I just never do.

Oh well.

Still keeping an eye on things case-related. Right now I am chasing down some leads which may indicate JonBenet had some blood-relative cousins who have NEVER been mentioned in the course of the case and should perhaps have been questioned in accounting for some of the infamous "unidentified" fiber and DNA evidence.

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Bumping for everyone to read.

Please check in ASAP and let us know what you found out Why_Nut.

Thank you.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Calling Why_Nut for a research question ...

Whatever happened to John Andrew Ramsey, as in, where is he living, etc.?

I know Melinda and her husband live in the Atlanta area, but it's like John Andrew has dropped off the map. I wonder what name he goes by. It seems like the name "John Ramsey" would be a liability and too famous.

By the way, what did the family call him, as in a nickname, to distinguish him from his dad, John?

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think they called him "John Andrew". Not sure where is now or what he does but I bet someone here knows. I think he is married. I believe Melinda is still married as well. I have always felt that her husband (and fiancee at the time) thought there was something very suspicious about the death of JB.

6. cynic

cynic Member

He’s married with two children.
    I can tell you that he lived in Colorado as of 2006, but I’m not sure if he still resides there.

“John and Patsy Ramsey passed through Boulder on Wednesday and met with District Attorney Mary Lacy to discuss the status of the investigation into the unsolved murder of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet. The Ramseys were in the area to visit John Andrew Ramsey, John Ramsey's adult son from his first marriage, according to Lin Wood, the Ramseys' Atlanta-based attorney. The Ramseys also visited with Lacy, who took control of the investigation from the Boulder Police Department in December 2002."
    Rocky Mountain News, Charlie Brennan, February 3, 2006

7. cynic

cynic Member

Yes, she is still married according to John's book.

8. Cherokee

Thanks, DeeDee and Cynic, for your replies.

I knew Melinda and her husband, Stewart Long, were still living in the Atlanta area, and that Burke is now in Indianapolis, but I have not seen anything about John Andrew's current location. I knew he got married at one time but had forgotten the mention of him being in Colorado in 2006 from Charlie Brennan's article, so thanks for that. I wonder if he still lives there.

9. cynic

cynic Member

I was going to mention this in my earlier post, but I wasn't certain so I checked the passage in TOSOS today at the book store.
    As of December 2010, JAR was still living somewhere in Colorado...

“Christmas carols float through the rooms of Melinda’s home with her husband and three boys. The children sit on the floor with their dad and Burke playing Monopoly in their cozy living room. I sit on the sofa with Melinda, enjoying the warmth and ease of my family. We’ve been skiing and sledding, and we’re all pink-cheeked and exhilarated.
    Outside the wind blows tufts of snow, forming waves, ridges, and gullies across the property like the underside of a mammoth white sea. Snowplows have cleared the roads and streets, creating high snowbanks, so that as far as the eye can see, the world is buried in white. “The children love days like this,” Melinda is saying, “fresh snow to slide and play in.” She is dedicated to her children, just as Patsy was to ours.
    I hum with the music. “Hark the herald angels sing…”
    One of the boys gives a shout. He just bought Boardwalk. The others groan.
    We’re having Christmas dinner – marinated grilled elk steaks. Melinda passes me an appetizer: antelope sausage and crackers. I joke that this is like the Wild West in the old days when everybody hunted and trapped for their food. We’ve talked to John Andrew and his family in Colorado by televideo conferencing. I was able to see and wish his children a Merry Christmas (me, a proud grandpa of five children!).
    I’m a blessed man. Each of my children is doing well, and my grandchildren are healthy, delightful and happy. My brother Jeff, called to wish me a “Merry Christmas” and to say that his family is healthy and happy.
    It’s been a long journey to this December twenty-fifth, 2010, here in my children’s home, where I feel at peace sitting by the Christmas tree and am able to sing along with Christmas carols and laugh and eat elk steak and lemon cake, and share presents with my loved ones. It’s the first Christmas since 1996 when I feel like things are happy again.

The Other Side of Suffering, John Ramsey, pages 240-241

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That sickens me. What a lovely, cozy Hallmark moment for JR. Fresh snow, happy kids, pink cheeks. And a forgotten little girl, dead that very night 16 years ago. The only snow she knows is what piles up on her grave. No snow angels for that little angel. And her cheeks are most definitely not pink now.
    But as he said himself- this case is dead to him. Dead as she is. Because he needs it to be. He dodged a bullet, and to keep it at bay forever, he can't really have JB a part of his life anymore. So much for spending his life searching for the "real killer". Think he talks to OJ?

11. Elle

Elle Member

Can't add anything to this DeeDee, you have said it all!

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks so much for the quote, cynic. It only confirms that which we've known since JR told that lie back in 1997 on Jan. 1: they aren't now nor have they ever been looking for any intruder.

But I have to say, does anyone REALLY think JR wrote this?

Tufts of snow? A mammoth white sea? :laughup: Sounds like another "ghost writer" doing his dirty work...again. And I'm not talking about DOI, either.

13. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

" Each of my children is doing well, and my grandchildren are delightful, health and happy." ....."here in my children's home where I feel at peace sitting by the Christmas tree and am able to sing...and laugh ...and eat...and share presents with my loved ones"

Oh my goodness I'm gonna be sick again. He has no thoughts about another child long gone has he? :puke:

14. fr brown

fr brown Member

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

16. fr brown

fr brown Member

17. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

Sounds like he's happier now that Patsy is gone.

18. Cherokee

I agree. It appears that way from John's book promo interviews as well.

Like I said in another post ... the photos of John dancing at a Christmas party, only six months after Patsy's death, show a man who is carefree and feels no longer attached to a ball and chain. I think John is also relieved he doesn't have to watch Patsy's every word and action to make sure she doesn't slip up somewhere. He KNOWS he can keep a secret.

19. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

I could not agree more.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

JR knows he has dodged a bullet. Patsy is dead, his sons will NEVER talk, and the only other person in the house that night is buried near her mother.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice